Dr. Timothy Short, DPM

Dr. Timothy Short, DPM

Podiatry  ·
Dr. Timothy Short, DPM is a podiatry specialist in New Orleans, LA and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Barry University / School Of Graduate Medical Science in 2002 and specializes in podiatry, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

1514 Jefferson Hwy

New Orleans, LA 70121

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Louisiana

Check Dr. Short's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Short's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Short treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Short treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Short treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Short treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Stress Fracture of Foot

Dr. Short is Board Certified and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons as well as a Fellow of the Academy of Extremity Nerve Surgeons. Dr. Short specializes in all foot and ankle conditions with specific medical interests pertaining to both the conservative and surgical treatments of sports medicine injuries, tendon pathology, and peripheral nerve disease.

• Podiatry

Dr. Short?
Dr. Short's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Short, DPM
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Short and his staff made me feel comfortable and well informed at all times. He always took his time and made sure I understood all the information I was given.
Fantastic
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
For the last 10 years I have been suffering of plantar fasciitis, was not able to walk without pain until I went to see dr. Timothy Short, he explained to me the options and decided to go for surgery, 2 months later I am the happiest person and I can't thank dr. Short enough for the care and the outcome of the procedure, I do recommend dr. Short without hesitation, he is very professional and caring dr. Sincerely a very satisfied patient. Maria Lopez 11-6-18
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Dr. Short diagnosed my ailment after I was seeing another Doctor for 6 months. He performed a procedure involving hardware, and a bone graft mixed with my own blood drawn during surgery. I'm finally healing well and recovering! I can't wait to get back to my active lifestyle. Thank You!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I struck gold with Dr. Short! He is so knowledgeable, compassionate, soft spoken and patient! I hardly had any pain after surgery. I attribute this to Dr. Short! I had many post surgery appointments with Dr. Short. He really cared about my well being and wanted to make sure I was satisfied with my foot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I had Bunion Surgery with Dr. Short on July 6, 2018. It has been 5 weeks and I am so pleased with the results! In addition to the bunion, I also had three hammer toes repaired. I had minimal pain during the recovery period. He always answered all of my questions, and took time to sit with my husband and I during the post surgery appointments. He made me feel at ease prior to the surgery. Dr. Short is very professional, caring, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr. Short!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I am a very active and enjoy cycling, hiking and working out. Dr. Short was very thorough in diagnosing my issues with my foot and explaining all the options for correcting my problem. I choose to have surgery and my recovery has been quicker than initially expected. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone looking for a physician that will listen and recommends options/treatment in the patient's best interest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Excellent surgeon. Very knowledgeable and personable, with a lot of patience. He doesn't give up, and his optimism is contagious.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I had such good results with my foot surgery, that I will have the other one by Dr. Short in Oct. of this year. He paid attention to details, and caught a problem with one of my other toes. So my husband and I both would recommend him highly, and we already have. Great staff also. Thank you all, Diane H Wilson
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
While I am not back 100%, I feel like Dr. Short did a great job with the repair of my tendons and fractured ligament. It's a long haul for recovery, but I am finally back to being able to golf and get around better 16 weeks after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I've had morton's neuroma for years. I went from several doctors including podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons who shied away from the surgery and treated my neuroma with cortisone or alcohol injections or suggested ways to just "live with it" by reducing activity or wearing the right shoes. Dr. Short didn't hesitate to suggest the surgery when he heard about my case. He was confident he could do a good job and avoid complications. 2 months after surgery and i've essentially resumed all activity
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I had a drooping left ankle/foot following knee replacement surgery. Dr. Short diagnosed a neural constriction just below my left knee that was failing to fire the muscles that controlled movement of my foot. My problem in addition to the droopy ankle was falling a lot - not good at 78 years. Surgery to remove the constriction was immediately successful leading - no more falling and total recovery of ankle motion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
From the first appointment with Dr. Short I could tell that he was very caring, knowledgeable and had great bedside manner. He is friendly, patient, answered my questions thoroughly, and explained my medical condition and the treatment options in a clear manner which was easily understood. Dr. Short followed my care extensively after my surgery to ensure all was addressed appropriately and continued my treatment until the very end.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I'm very thankful I found Dr. Short. I fractured my foot back in May. After having surgery Dr. Short treated me based on how I was feeling not where I should be based on the book. His bedside manner is great. I always felt very comfortable telling him exactly how I was feeling through my recovery stage. He never rushed me back to work. Martha's great too!! I have referred family members, friends and coworkers and I will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
...personable, easy to talk with, very understanding - I feel very fortunate to have had the benefit Dr Short's expertise - my highest regard and recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Having had 2 bunionectomies before, I was concerned that fusing my large toe was going to be my only option. Dr. Short explained a different approach to doing the bunionectomy, and gave me hope that I'd have flexibility in my foot. There was little pain after surgery. The entire healing process was, with the exception of the prescribed physical therapy, completed in 7 weeks. Dr. Short is extremely knowledgeable in the field of podiatry and has an upbeat "bedside manner." Great people skills
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
I have neuropathy in the right foot he did a tarsal tunnel procedure. After four weeks my feeling is coming back. I now can feel the gas pedal in the car.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Dr. Short is an extraordinary podiatrist. He is patient, considerate and very competent. He correctly diagnosed pain I was experiencing from a foot procedure many years ago, removed hardware in my ankle that was causing the pain and I'm now totally pain free. I can recommend him without reservation. He is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Dr. Short care and concert. He demonstrates excellent knowledge in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?
Family dr. sent me to neurologist re: neuropathy & numbness in my right foot travelling up to my knee. After tests he offered painkillers and could not do anything for numbness. I left angry and that day found Dr. Short's profile and made appt. Got in right away & I detailed all of my issues and he listened attentively asked questions and answered all of mine. Nerve entrapment...similar to carpal tunnel only it's in my feet. Amazing! Surgery very succesful!! Scheduling surgery for left foot!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Short, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Short?

Ochsner Medical Center, New Orleans, LA

Golden Rule
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO