Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD

Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD

Plastic Surgery  ·
Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD is a plastic surgery specialist in Edina, MN and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from Emory Univ Sch Of Med in 2001 and specializes in plastic surgery, breast reconstruction surgery, and more.Read his story

6545 France Ave S Ste 350

Edina, MN 55435

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Schaefer

See how frequently Dr. Schaefer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Reconstruction
Breast Surgical Procedure
Breast Diseases
high

Dr. Schaefer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Schaefer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Schaefer "I always loved building things. This led to an extensive education in engineering, but after completing a Masters degree and beginning a career in consulting, I realized it wasn't for me. Growth and success in that business eventually led to management or sales. I do not enjoy being a salesman. There are very few jobs where the creativity and manual labor are part of your daily routine. With all my science background, surgery seemed like a natural fit. I never grew up thinking I would be a plastic surgeon, but one of the early reconstructive surgery I saw in medical school convinced me otherwise. I witnessed a patient that had a cancer of his gum line that required half of his jaw to be removed. We reconstructed the defect with one of the lower leg bones (fibula) that was moved as a free-tissue transfer, requiring microvascular connections of the artery and vein to provide the transferred tissue with a blood supply. I was hooked. This led to in-depth training at the prestigious Emory University in Atlanta. Cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery are based on many of the same principles, furthering my interest by combining attention to detail, artistry, and technical skills. 17 years later, I am confident that I made the right choice."

This content was provided by Dr. Schaefer "I work to provide each patient with a safe, unique, and tailored experience that incorporates their values and desires using an artistic vision, technical skills and a caring, straight-forward manner."

• Plastic Surgery

• Breast Ptosis
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gigantomastia
  • Gynecomastia
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Lymphangioma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

• Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Excision for Hidradenitis
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Notre Dame
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Stanford University
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Dr. Schaefer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schaefer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schaefer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schaefer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schaefer to family and friends

Dr. Schaefer's Performance

Dr. Schaefer really listened to me throughout the consultation and pre-op period to make sure he really understood the results I was looking for. Post-op, he and his staff have been nothing but friendly. I am so happy with my results!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
After breast cancer double mastectomy Dr. Schaefer did my reconstruction. He is caring, asking and understanding what his patients are looking for, how they are feeling, and great at explaining options for procedures. You never feel "rushed" during appointments. A comfortable "bed side manner"...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
After having a melanoma removed from my leg, I needed a plastic surgeon to repair the wound. I was referred to Dr. Schaefer, my insurance covered this work. Dr. Schaefer and his staff were friendly and efficient. I appreciated that they got me in and out of the office. They were friendly, confident...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The best - listened and explained everything. Took me through an 11 hour surgery and does great great work!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am so happy that I went with Dr. Schaefer for a hernia repair/tummy tuck. It has been two years since my surgery, and I have never regretted it. I had an umbilical and ventral hernia after a pregnancy in which I had a very large baby. They were very painful and needed surgery. Dr Schaefer was...more
Are you Dr. Schaefer?