Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD

Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

I work to provide each patient with a safe, unique, and tailored experience that incorporates their values and desires using an artistic vision, technical skills and a caring, straight-forward manner.

I always loved building things.  This led to an extensive education in engineering, but after completing a Masters degree and beginning a career in consulting, I realized it wasn't for me.  Growth and success in that business eventually led to management or sales.  I do not enjoy being a salesman.  There are very few jobs where the creativity and manual labor are part of your daily routine.  With all my science background, surgery seemed like a natural fit.  I never grew up thinking I would be a plastic surgeon, but one of the early reconstructive surgery I saw in medical school convinced me otherwise.  I witnessed a patient that had a cancer of his gum line that required half of his jaw to be removed.  We reconstructed the defect with one of the lower leg bones (fibula) that was moved as a free-tissue transfer, requiring microvascular connections of the artery and vein to provide the transferred tissue with a blood supply.  I was hooked.  This led to in-depth training at the prestigious Emory University in Atlanta.  Cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery are based on many of the same principles, furthering my interest by combining attention to detail, artistry, and technical skills.  17 years later, I am confident that I made the right choice.

Dr. Schaefer's Experience

See how Dr. Schaefer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schaefer

Dr. Schaefer accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Schaefer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schaefer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schaefer to family and friends
Dr. Schaefer's Performance
Chanhassen, MN |
I am so happy that I went with Dr. Schaefer for a hernia repair/tummy tuck. It has been two years since my surgery, and I have never regretted it. I had an umbilical and ventral hernia after a pregnancy in which I had a very large baby. They were very painful and needed surgery. Dr Schaefer was very professional and did amazing work! My scar healed beautifully. I recommend Dr Schaefer to anyone that mentions to me they are considering a tummy tuck! I would also recommend him for botox!
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Schaefer came highly recommended to me and now I will pass along the recommendation to others. Dr. Schaefer is known as a perfectionist and I truly appreciate that. Our visits were short, sometimes strikingly short, but he always answered my questions and his staff was always available for questions too. I'm very happy with the results of all his work.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I have worked with Dr. Schaefer for the last 4 years after having a double mastectomy. He is an artist who strives for perfection in his work. He was compassionate and attentive. I always felt that I had a say in procedures and options for my reconstructive surgery. He was a perfectionist and made suggestions for fixing problems that bothered me. No request was denied or ignored. He exhibits that rare combination of quality and compassion, sometimes lacking in other physicians today.
in Rosemount, MN |
Dr. Schaefer met with me before my bilateral mastectomy and explained the plastic surgery options. He is professional and a gifted surgeon. I have seen him off and on since 2009, and I highly recommend him for anyone going through breast cancer. I am pleased with my reconstructed breasts.
in Bloomington, MN |
Dr. Schaefer is Professional, Ethical And caring. Surgery can be stressful But necessary. I was informed of Step by step procedures pre/ post Operative. I would highly recommend Dr. Schaefer.
in Minneapolis, Minnesota |
He was wonderful. Will listen to you. Did a great job! Went from DDDD to small C or larger B cup. I asked him to make them as small as possible. We discussed this at some length and he did. I love the reduction. Now I am running- something inconceivable to me before.
Have you seen Dr. Timothy Schaefer, MD?
Are you Dr. Schaefer?

Compare Dr. Schaefer

}

Dr. Schaefer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schaefer says...

Timothy Schaefer is a board-certified plastic surgeon treating a diverse area of facial, breast and body cosmetic rejuvenation with surgical and minimally invasive (injectables) procedures.  He treats deformities and absences of the breast following mastectomies and lumpectomies.  He treats and reconstructs defects associated with skin cancer

Dr. Schaefer says...

Timothy Schaefer is a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, breasts, and body.  He performs a wide range of cutting-edge breast reconstructive techniques using  implants, autologous tissue and free tissue transfer including TRAM flaps, DIEP flaps, and SIEA flaps.  He performs breast augmentation using different implants selected for each unique patient and employing different approaches, including the transaxillary incision.  He performs breast lifts (mastopexy), breast reductions, and combination procedures using breast augmentation and breast lifts (augmentation mastopexy).  He performs a wide range of body contouring procedures including tummy tucks (abdominoplasty) incorporating an innovative S.A.F.E. liposuction technique.

Dr. Schaefer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Minnesota not available

Dr. Schaefer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schaefer's Board Certifications

• Plastic Surgery

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Emory Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1993

• Other Education
    Stanford University

Completed in 1994

Dr. Schaefer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schaefer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery