Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  |
Dr. Timothy Romang, MD
Dr. Timothy Romang, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation doctor who practices in Wausau, WI. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Romang is affiliated with Aspirus Wausau Hospital.

3200 Westhill Dr Ste 200

Wausau, WI 54401

• Arise Health Plan
  • Aspirus Network, Inc.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • HealthEOS
  • HealthPartners
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • PHCS
  • Security Health Plan (SHP)

Learn about Dr. Romang

See how frequently Dr. Romang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Romang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Soft Tissue Injections
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University Of Wi Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Wi Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Romang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Romang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Romang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Romang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Romang to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Romang's Performance
in WI |
Dr. Romang is an amazing doctor. I would recommend him HIGHLY! He is smart, compassionate, listens, and will take the extra time to fight for his patients so they can get the.care and treatments they need. I experienced this first hand. This man changed my quality of life . It is evident in the care he provides that his patients are a first priority and that he is truly passionate about what he does!
in Stratford |
Dr Romang was a delightful man! He explained every step of the procedures as he eas doing them and made me so comfortable I barely noticed when he was using the needles. I had read reviews online from patients of other practices saying this procedure was "tortuous" and "the worst pain ever" people stating they were "screaming out in pain as they were electrucuted". My advice is to go to someone skilled. Dr Romang is not only extremely personable but also extremely skilled.I highly recommend him!
Mosinee, WI |
Dr. Romang has been providing care to my parents for years. He is extremely compassionate and takes time to explain things to them in a way they can understand. We are very thankful for Dr. Romang.
Wausau, WI |
After terrible care, I decided to pay monthly a small amount towards a smaller bill. His rude staff will not cash my checks and keeps sending the same bill with the same amount. I was given poor care, poor treatment from his staff, kept giving me narcotics like Hydrocodone that makes me sick... and they never answer the phone or return messages. I called several times and my mom even called and all we got was voice mail and no calls returned. Filing a complaint against him.
in Stevens Point, WI |
If I have ever met a doctor who went into medicine to help people I would have to say it is Dr. Romang, my wife and I have known him and have been his patient for fifteen plus years. The man and his staff and associate providers are helpful, kind, and totally caring. we live approximately 30 miles away and would travel four times the distance to seek his care. The community and ASPIRUS are very fortunate to have him working in our area.
in Stevens Point, WI |
I had to see Dr. Romang as an emergency when my back went "out." Dr. Romang and his team got me seen days ahead of my expectations. He and his team got me in for an MRI and epidurals in a time frame that was nothing short of miraculous. He and his staff treated me and continues to treat my pain issues with care that goes above and beyond the norm. I am so glad that he chooses to practice in this area. He should be recognized as the amazing doctor he is. His "team" should also be saluted.
in Rhinelander, WI |
Thank you Dr.Romang for your professional care you gave my wife. Your are the best.
in Plover, WI |
Very polite and knowledgeable. Great bedside manner. Very careful and caring when doing my procedure. Who definitely recommend hands down.
in Wausau, WI |
Dr. Romang came highly recommended to me from a family member. I had chronic pain issues for years that progrssively got worse. I had seen another doctor & was diagnosed incorrectly. After spending literally 2 minutes with Dr. Romang detailing my problems, he told me that it was my hip. Mind you, NONE of my pain was even close to my hip so I questioned how this could be. After an MRI, we saw I had no cartilage left & had 3 bone spurs. A hip replacement later, Life is now good thanks to him
in Edgar, WI |
Love him, love the staff, he really takes the time to listen to me and helps me cope with my chronic pain. I recommend him to all my family and friends.
Schaumburg, IL |
We have had very good experiences with the doctors in Wausau, WI. But Dr. Romang, is on top of the list as the finest kind. He is extremely skilled and insightful, and takes the time to listen to specifics, never giving up on me and my mysterious nocturnal R. Buttock pain( the pain was excruciating) He never gave up on his quest to find out the cause; and after further tests and MRI with contrast, he detected a schwannoma tumor. He is.... The finest Kind!
in Wausau, WI |
I found him extremely arrogant. Unprofessional with his language during the office visit. His staff very very unhelpful during a major medical emergency. He did not have time to see me and I had a ruptured disk. I sat in extreme pain for 48 hours with a ruptured disk because he was too busy to see me. And I was at his office.
in Wausau, WI |
Dr. Romang is an excellent diagnostician. My overall experience could not have been better. I would highly Dr. Romang to others.
Rude and unprofessional staff.
Wausau, WI |
Dr.Romang has been my pain doctor for a year now and has treated me before my back surgery and afterwards and his service has been absolutely outstanding, his recommendation for a surgeon was great and his follow up care has been top notch , I would highly recommend his services to my friends and family , his staff is very caring and friendly and I was blessed with the best doctor in central Wisconsin for my needs
Have you seen Dr. Timothy Romang, MD?
Are you Dr. Romang?

Visit Dr. Romang

Dr. Romang accepts 19 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Arise Health Plan
    Arise Health Plan HMO
  • Aspirus Network, Inc.
    North Central Healthcare Alliance (NCHA)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
    Interplan Health Group
    Gold
    Gold Choice
  • PHCS
  • Security Health Plan (SHP)
  • Today's Options