Dr. Timothy Peters, MD

Dr. Timothy Peters, MD

Rheumatology  ·

Dr. Timothy Peters, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Redding, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He specializes in rheumatology.

Arthritis Associates Of Redding

2510 Airpark Dr Ste 305

Redding, CA 96001

• Benesys
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • HealthSmart
  • National Elevator

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Peters' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Peters' conditions and procedures:

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Joint Injection
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Committed to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy quality of life.

• Rheumatology

19.047619047619047%

Dr. Peters?
Dr. Peters' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Peters, MD
I have fibromyalgia and Dr. Peters never really helped me. He orders A LOT of unnecessary tests (they have an improvised “lab” station in his office). I had my blood work there once. The technician was inexperiente and punctured my vein through! I was left with a bad case of phlebitis all the way to my underarm! The next visit, I chose to go to Quest instead. Dr. Peters office did not provide the correct ICD codes for insurance billing! I struggled for 6 months with this billing issue, calling the office numerous times! For 4 or 5 consecutive times, they provided the wrong ICD code. Finally after many months, and after being pressured to pay cash for the tests, they provided the right billing code! Today I called the office to request an appointment for a debilitating hip pain caused by hip bursitis. Dr. Peters had previously suggested I had hip injections at his office for this condition. The staff checked with him, and he said I should go to a walk in clinic because he was too busy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I have had Dr. Peters for one of my doctors since 2005. He is a very knowledgeable, capable and caring practitioner. I have known him to put in 12 hour or sometimes longer shifts. He came to see me when I was in the hospital and it was after 7 PM. I knew his office started at 7 AM. Yes, he has a busy office and can get behind. (Get as early appointment as possible to avoid waits.)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I came to Dr. Peters over twenty years ago for my JRA when other area doctors and clinics had failed me. He has seen me thru my good times and bad and has always been understanding of my needs and kind and compassionate. The majority of his staff have been there for years and it’s so nice to go in and see their familiar faces. There’s not many rheumatologist in our area but if there were I’d still go here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I was looking for a phone number to reschedule my appointment and I found this survey. What a time to tell you what I think of this wonderful Doctor. He is very thorough, very kind, very pleasant. I just love Dr Peters. He even diagnosed a problem I had after going to 5 different doctors and dentists over two year period of time. Can't say enough good about this Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I've been going to him for 10 years for my lupus. He has been very thorough and explains everything to me. I never dread going there he is s genuinely nice person
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Peters for 20 years. He has made an incredible difference in my life with Rheumatoid Arthritis. He has always been compassionate and listens to his patients. I consider him to be highly knowledgeably in his field. He always seems up to date. He takes the time to make sure my treatments are working and documents everything. His office staff is equally awesome!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Peters for approximately 20 years and can say with absolute confidence and without reservation; Dr. Peters and his staff are the finest group of professionals one will ever encounter. Furthermore, the level of medical care provided is unsurpassed in the State and possibly the Nation. .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
Very thorough, thoughtful and knowledgeable. He is focused on the patient that is in front of him, Works very hard but his office tends to overbook him; which has led to long waits for a scheduled appointment. When there is a wait, he is very apologetic, but rescheduling may have you wait months for another appointment. I always book early in AM to miss the back log.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Peters for 15 years receiving treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis. From my first visit in 2002, I have ALWAYS been very pleased with Dr. Peters' attention to detail in his treatment plan for my disease. Dr. Peters worked to "rule out" possible causes for my symptoms (i.e. no unnecessary tests) to confirm that my disease was R/A. If you want a skilled Rheumatologist with an equally skilled staff, Dr. Peters and Arthritis Associates of Redding is an excellent choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I experienced failed results from other Doctors treating my arthritic conditions, Dr Peters quickly provided treatment that resolved my problems, where others failed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
Dr. Peters has been my doctor for several years now and he has helped me manage my rheumatoid arthritis so I could continue to play sports and enjoy the daily activities of every day life. Dr. Peters is very knowledgeable in his practice and takes all precautionary steps necessary to conclude with the correct diagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
I would never recommend Dr. Peters. My 76 year old mother felt utterly helpless and hopeless because 1.) Dr. Peters is one of the two rheumatologists in Redding. That is one factor in the poor care she received. There aren't any options for the seniors in our area, which leads to very long waits for appointments and NO time for immediate flare ups and other serious medical issues. And 2.) Every time she called the office staff was abrupt and uncaring. She never got the care she badly needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
Has anyone else had to wait months for an appointment after being referred by your primary physician? When my doctors office called they said "It is on the Drs. desk for review." I also called and was told the same thing, with a "don't call us, we'll call you". I have found the office to be rude. Anyone else?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
As a person coming to Dr. Peters' office for over a decade, I can say with complete confidence the posting calling him ?rude? or that he is ?money hungry? is absolutely without substance. Dr. Peters is one of the most professional, intelligent & compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. I felt compelled to reassure anyone who may be considering seeking care from Dr. Peters that you can have absolute faith he will do his best to provide excellent care & improve your quality of life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?
He is rude,does not listen to you,unwilling to work with other Doctor,keeps on trying to give you meds that don't work & give you problems.When you need something or things that he is the one that should be getting for you( medication,wheel chairs,walkers so on) he tells you to go to your Regular Doctor.As he is one of the two in Redding he has his head in the sky so far up there.I think that he is very money hungry. patient pass out in his office & he didn't even no her.15yrs,his Patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Peters, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Peters?

Insurance accepted

Select PPO
HealthSmart
Medicaid
National Elevator

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Peters treats patients.

Compare Providers