Dr. Timothy Molony, MD

Dr. Timothy Molony, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·

Dr. Timothy Molony, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in New Orleans, LA and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat, neurotology, and more.Read his story

Ochsner Medical Center

1514 Jefferson Hwy Fl 2

New Orleans, LA 70121

• American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Community Health Network
  • Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
  • Employers Health Network
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Health Payors Organization

Learn about Dr. Molony

See how frequently Dr. Molony performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Conductive Hearing Loss
Ear Disorders
Outer Ear Infection

Dr. Molony's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Molony's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Molony "Dr. Molony earned his undergraduate degree from University of Virginia in Charlottesville and earned his medical degree in 1982 from LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. In 1987 he completed his residency in Otolaryngology at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr. Molony is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and holds a subspecialty certificate in Neurotology. He has been on staff at Ochsner since 1987. Dr. Molony's special medical interests are evaluating and treating patients with hearing loss, dizziness, ear infections and ear and hearing related tumors. He currently practices at Ochsner Medical Center. In his spare time he enjoys yacht racing."

This content was provided by Dr. Molony "Dr. Timothy Molony joined Ochsner's staff in 1987. His special medical interests include evaluating and treating patients with hearing loss, dizziness, ear infections and ear and hearing related tumors. Dr. Molony earned his undergraduate degree from University of Virginia in Charlottesville and his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his residency in otolaryngology at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr. Molony is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and holds a subspecialty certificate in neurotology. In his leisure time he enjoys yacht racing."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Tube Placement
  • Endolymphatic Mastoid Shunt
  • Mastoidectomy
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Stapedectomy
  • Vestibular Schwanoma Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University of Virginia
  • University of South Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • St. Vincent's/House Ear Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Molony has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Molony does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Molony and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Molony's Reviews

3.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Molony to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
4.3
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS

Dr. Molony's Performance

GOOD

Dr. Molony changed my life. I can never remember a time in my life when I could hear normally, and he fixed that issue for me. I developed a hearing loss when I was a toddler due to a head trauma and multiple ear infections. I can now hear things I have never heard before. I had nothing but a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have seen him once and will not go back for another appointment. He is rude, detached, does not give adequate information. Acts like he is too busy to be bothered. I called to talk to him but he did not teturn my call. Will not recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Please contact us at 225-236-5969 so we can speak about your concerns and ensure a better experience next time. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Molony diagnosed my Meniere's right away and tried the least invasive procedure at first. With little results, we discussed my options and found the right solution for my case. I had a shunt placed in my right ear in October. I had worse symptoms than before but was patient because he said...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Rude, Does not listen, Blamed me for failure of surgery. Caused me permanent fullness in ear with vertigo, constant eye movement and I can hear my heart beating in my ear all the time.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0
He's a complete jerk. No personality. Improper diagnosis caused permanent deafness in one ear. Almost killed me with an infection post procedure. He's rude, reckless and could care less of permanent consequences.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option1

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists like Dr. Molony at Ochsner Medical Center