Dr. Timothy McKee, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Timothy McKee, MD
I grew up in the Philadelphia area where I met and married my wife, Judy. I went to Temple University School of Medicine and then completed a 5-year residency in surgery at Abington Memorial Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the state. My family, which by then had grown to 5, then moved to Warner Robins, GA where I served in the USAF for 3 years in the medical corps. We moved to the wonderful community of Gettysburg , and I have been proud to serve on the Gettysburg Hospital medical staff since then. During these years, I have performed a broad range of surgical procedures, but have gained additional expertise in treatment of breast disease and thyroid disease. My practice is predominantly treatment of breast and thyroid disease, but I am quite experience in, and comfortable caring for, patients with colon cancer and other bowel issues, gallbladder disease, hernias and other common surgical conditions.

Dr. McKee's Care Philosophy

I make every effort to take care of patients in the same way that I want to be treated. I strive to use my surgical skills and communication skills to alleviate the anxiety of having a procedure performed, and also the anxiety created by having a new, possibly life changing diagnosis, like cancer.

Dr. McKee's Experience

See how Dr. McKee's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McKee

Dr. McKee accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. McKee is now accepting new patients
Wellspan Surgical Associates, Gettysburg450 S Washington St Ste C
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717) 339-3110Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. McKee has admitting privileges.

Dr. McKee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKee to family and friends
4.4
based on 7 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. McKee's Performance
York, PA |
This surgeon never saw me post op. I came out of the OR septic. He was on the floor that eve. and left, never checking on me. He neglected to change to an open surgery at a critical time. leaving a piece of appendix remaining. This abscessed and became necrotic. I was sent home on multiple antibiotics. For two weeks, continued to run elevated temps. Repeated contact with this surgeon went nowhere. Continued very elevated WBC on antibiotics continued for 2 weeks. 2nd surgery needed due to him.
Unfortunately, this patient doesn't identify him/herself. I searched all patients on whom I performed a laparoscopic appendectomy over the 2 years prior to this posting, and no one had any serious complication or 2nd surgery during that time. I cannot verify this patient's concern, but suspect that another doc by the name of McKee who was in York (not Gettysburg where I am) actually was the surgeon involved. I would pray that I have more compassion than the doctor that this patient describes.
Have you seen Dr. Timothy McKee, MD?

Compare Dr. McKee

Dr. McKee says...

I grew up in the Philadelphia area where I met and married my wife, Judy.  I went to Temple University School of Medicine and then completed a 5-year residency in surgery at Abington Memorial Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the state.  My family, which by then had grown to 5, then moved to Warner Robins, GA where I served in the USAF for 3 years in the medical corps.  We moved to the wonderful community of Gettysburg , and I have been proud to serve on the Gettysburg Hospital medical staff since then.  During these years, I have performed a broad range of surgical procedures, but have gained additional expertise in treatment of breast disease and thyroid disease.  My practice is predominantly treatment of breast and thyroid disease, but I am quite experience in, and comfortable caring for, patients with colon cancer and other bowel issues, gallbladder disease, hernias and other common surgical conditions.

Dr. McKee's Care Philosophy

I make every effort to take care of patients in the same way that I want to be treated. I strive to use my surgical skills and communication skills to alleviate the anxiety of having a procedure performed, and also the anxiety created by having a new, possibly life changing diagnosis, like cancer.

Dr. McKee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. McKee has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. McKee's Board Certifications

Abington Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1991

Baylor University

Graduated in 1982

Dr. McKee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor