Dr. Timothy McKee, MD

Dr. Timothy McKee, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Timothy McKee, MD is a general surgery specialist in Gettysburg, PA and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Temple University in 1986 and specializes in general surgery and breast surgery.Read his story

450 S Washington St Ste C

Gettysburg, PA 17325

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware

Learn about Dr. McKee

See how frequently Dr. McKee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Thyroid Cyst
Thyroid Disease

Dr. McKee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McKee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McKee "I grew up in the Philadelphia area where I met and married my wife, Judy. I went to Temple University School of Medicine and then completed a 5-year residency in surgery at Abington Memorial Hospital, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the state. My family, which by then had grown to 5, then moved to Warner Robins, GA where I served in the USAF for 3 years in the medical corps. We moved to the wonderful community of Gettysburg , and I have been proud to serve on the Gettysburg Hospital medical staff since then. During these years, I have performed a broad range of surgical procedures, but have gained additional expertise in treatment of breast disease and thyroid disease. My practice is predominantly treatment of breast and thyroid disease, but I am quite experience in, and comfortable caring for, patients with colon cancer and other bowel issues, gallbladder disease, hernias and other common surgical conditions."

This content was provided by Dr. McKee "I make every effort to take care of patients in the same way that I want to be treated. I strive to use my surgical skills and communication skills to alleviate the anxiety of having a procedure performed, and also the anxiety created by having a new, possibly life changing diagnosis, like cancer."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Baylor University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Temple University
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Abington Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Abington Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. McKee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKee to family and friends

Dr. McKee's Performance

I was diagnosed with DCIS cancer in my right breast and discovered 2 woman who had breast cancer surgery by Dr. McKee so I made an appointment to see him. I found him to be very compassionate, a very good listener, a great surgeon as well as being patient with me as I did not want to have the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
This surgeon never saw me post op. I came out of the OR septic. He was on the floor that eve. and left, never checking on me. He neglected to change to an open surgery at a critical time. leaving a piece of appendix remaining. This abscessed and became necrotic. I was sent home on multiple...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Unfortunately, this patient doesn't identify him/herself. I searched all patients on whom I performed a laparoscopic appendectomy over the 2 years prior to this posting, and no one had any serious complication or 2nd surgery during that time. I cannot verify this patient's concern, but suspect that another doc by the name of McKee who was in York (not Gettysburg where I am) actually was the surgeon involved. I would pray that I have more compassion than the doctor that this patient describes.