Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Regenerative MedicineMale

Regenerative Medicine

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD is a Regenerative Medicine Specialist in Boulder, CO and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Pennsylvania State Univ College of Medicine medical school in 1994. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Avista Adventist Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.

Breakthrough Regenerative Orthopedics Boulder

Breakthrough Regenerative Orthopedics Boulder350 Broadway St Ste 202 Boulder, CO 80305

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Mazzola's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mazzola

Dr. Mazzola

Dr. Mazzola is patient, kind, attentive AND gives the most thorough diagnosis, spends time explaining the results and options. I was hesitant to spend out of pocket, but hands down the best decision I made. I am so thankful he helped me avoid surgery. The PRP worked and Dr. Mazzola gives amazing instructions on how to rehab and get back to activity. Thank you Breakthrough Regenerative Orthopedics for giving me my active life back.
Allison S. – Feb 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I had lower back and hip pain so bad that I couldn't walk normally and had difficulty working and doing things I love like motorcycle riding and hunting. Dr. Mazzola treated my hip with PRP on 12/31 and my back with fat on 8/25. I went through several months of PT for both of those following the treatments. I've gradually been able to do the things I love again and successfully put it all to the test with an elk hunt in November. I was able to hike, lift, carry large loads and ride the ATV without pain and I recovered quickly after all the work. The result of the treatments were all I hoped and more! Thank you so much! The biggest thing is putting in the time with PT and exercises after the treatments to get to a successful end result!
S L. – Nov 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola listens, and then has the experience and tools, e.g. ultrasound and stem cells, to find and fix medical problems. It would be great if we could clone him and his knowledge.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
M. C. – Nov 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I was at a really low point in my ACL recovery when I was referred to Dr. Mazzola. A year following my reconstruction I still had daily pain and inflammation, despite a stable knee and loads of PT. I was fearful about any intervention, but Mazzola's kind nature and education about PRP made me hopeful that we could make it better. Two or three months following PRP, I no longer thought about my knee on a daily basis. The next year I was back to hiking 14ers and I tell everyone who will listen to look to PRP for help with joint pain. It's restored my life!
Megan D. – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I've seen dozens of doctors and specialist and no one treated me like I was treated here. Dr. Mazzola treated the root of the problem not just my symptoms. I was originally diagnosed with a disc issue for a year, in horrific pain I finally found Breakthrough Regenerative Medicine. Turns out it was my SI joint the whole time and I also suffered with hypermobility. After a few rounds of prolotherapy, PRP, and stem cell I can say I am almost 100%. In 8 months I went from severe pain walking 5 minutes to running again with full strength. I can't thank everyone here enough, they have my full trust and recommendation.
Jennifer R. – Sep 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Had PRP with my SI joint and right foot ligament using my own natural blood cells. What makes Dr. Mazzola's work stand out beyond other procedures is his dedication and passion and his ability to use ultrasound while givng the injection so both he and I could see the exact injury where the tendon or ligament were frayed or torn. It was exciting to watch. The rehab afterwards was steady and successful enabling me to walk 5 miles a day with strong vibrant movement instead of walking 1/2 block in pain. It was easy to be patient over the 9 months seeing and feeling the improvement. I feel the same way the person who recommended him to me felt, "He changed my life and gave my body and my psyche a new level of freedom!"
Terrie C. – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Everything from initial diagnosis thru post follow up has been an extremely positive experience. And, I have recovered almost completely.
Lisa .. – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I met with Dr. Mazzola a few years ago with pain in my foot that was not properly diagnosed by any other provider, following MRIs and Xrays. I was frustrated and hopeless. He was able to diagnose as a plantar plate tear. It's a very difficult injury to repair and surgery was not an option for me to continue with my love of triathlon. He was able to repair the tear with fat and bone marrow stem cells and I completed the Boston marathon 6 months later. I have since worked with Dr. Mazzola to repair my loose SI joint (after spending years with various chiropractors with no results) and both labrums. It's unbelievable the difference it has made and I'm able to run, bike and live my life without pain. He's kind, patient and honest about what he can and cannot heal. I cannot recommend Dr. Mazzola highly enough!
Kirsten M. – May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I've seen Dr. Mazzola for over 7 years for treating degenerative arthritis in my left knee that would swell after golf or rigorous exercise. Dr. Mazzola uses all of the cutting age technologies that are available in treating degenerative arthritis at extremely reasonable rates. He does his absolute best to listen to his patients and to address all of their concerns and to treat their issues with the best possible treatments to achieve the best possible outcomes. I'm an avid golfer and based upon his treatments over the years I'm able to play golf pain free. I;m also able to play 36 holes of golf in the same day without any issues. I highly recommend Dr. Mazzola to all of my friends and coworkers.
Rick R. – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I read an article in which Dr Mazzola was being interviewed about inflammation and it's role in healing. I thought maybe I could benefit from an evaluation by Dr Mazzola. Through a complete physical evaluation and ultrasound, Dr Mazzola found the source of pain and damage. After 19 months of PT, needling, ultrasounds, and prolotherapy, Dr Mazzola was the first Dr to diagnose the injuries and develop a plan for healing. I had PRP injections along with PT to restore movement and eliminate pain. Within 4 to 6 weeks of my PRP, I could sleep on my side and shoulder, I could wipe down a surface without suffering in pain for days after. I am now six months into my healing and doing yoga again with planks, down dog and even push ups. I can carry my two year old granddaughter when her little legs get tired on our hikes. Dr Mazzola is passionate about his work in diagnosing, providing information on treatment and advise (champion) on your healing journey.
Jennifer S. – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I had been in debilitating pain that limited my ability to work and do normal activities. I had surgery several years before and any treatment I could find in addition to extensive physical therapy. The only option given me was to live with the pain or have another surgery. I found Dr Mazolla and that all changed. He walked me through his view and what treatments he felt we should start with. Each visit was a progression in treatment and improvement He then tried a new treatment to heal the nerve in my foot and the results have been nothing short of amazing. My pain is decreased to a 1-2. I can walk much further and stand for much longer periods of time The healing for my nerve will continue for the next 6 weeks and then we will see where we are. Dr Mazzola is knowledgeable about new treatment options using your bodies healing abilities. It is truly amazing that I am this pain free and still progressing!
Page M. – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Rotator cuff injury was more complex than expected. A long but accurate diagnosis and process. More complex than I expected. Dr Mazzola was caring, professional and knowledgeable about the latest regenerative methods. He is and treats you as a full human being. I am so grateful! I can move my right shoulder and arm again!!!
Rossana J. – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
If you have hip pain or chronic pain, go see Dr. Mazzola now!! It's hard to put into words how much Dr. Mazzola has helped me get my life back. I first saw him in 2019, after experiencing 2 years of chronic pain, 2 hip surgeries and a hernia surgery. I had essentially given up and had lost all hope by the time I saw Dr. Mazzola. Since that initial visit, I've done 1 stem cell injection and 3 other PRP injections, in addition to a few prolotherapy injections and numerous rounds of hydro-dissection over an 18-month period. It has been so worth it and is the best money I've ever spent!! I feel a million times better and much of my chronic pain is gone. While I still need to get stronger to fully get out of pain, I am confident I will continue to get better and better in the next few weeks and months. I highly recommend Dr. Mazzola and the ROSM team!
Kathleen – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I had scar tissue from a tumor removal that was causing problems with my hamstring. After the first prolo injection and physical therapy I was at about 60% recovery. Elected to have a 2nd prolo injection to get to 90%+ recovery. Had excellent results and would highly recommend Dr Mazzola and his staff.
Ann S. – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I came to Dr. Mazzola with a shoulder that had been in pain for over 3 years, twice misdiagnosed by other physicians. Dr. Mazzola, with his ultra-sound skills and familiarity with my particular issue, quickly ascertained that I had partial tears in my rotator cuff. Using the PRP therapy, Dr. Mazzola was able to bring my shoulder back onto the right healing track, and though still in progress, I am quickly gaining mobility and strength (pain free) through his treatment and dedicated physical therapy.
Jeff T. – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
A patella tendon tear brought me to Dr Mazzola. While that is an unfortunate diagnosis it served as the catalyst to an approach, procedure and care team that has revitalized my hope in continuing to pursue the active lifestyle that is core to my happiness. Beyond the patella tendon, I had become accepting of a degenerative trend of pain and diminished confidence in my knee. I struggled to articulate my pain and the frustration would mount when an assessment or MRI would miss the mark on the symptoms I was experiencing. For the first time in a long time, that trend is reversing and for that I'm truly grateful and appreciative. It is comforting to feel like I've got a orthopedic partner that is truly invested in my outcome, healing and the journey beyond. Tapping into the healing properties of the human body is a powerful experience. Thank you patella tendon!
T. H. – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I have been coming to ROSM for several years. Two frozen shoulders and a torn rotator cuff and I have graduated from treatment after finally choosing PRP treatment. The staff here and most certainly Dr. Mazzola have all been amazing. It has been a long journey but I am finally pain free and now working on regaining my strength. Dr. M explains every step of his treatment, expectations and goals clearly and with compassion. I am grateful and recommend this practice fully.
Kristine B. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
So skillful and compassinate. I had no pain during procedure and Dr Mazzola was so communicative during the whole process.
Terrie C. – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Have had hip problems for years that no one could fix until I found Dr. Mazzola. I am so thankful for the pain relief. I would have to limp around when getting out of bed in the morning and was unable to enjoy my active life, doc fixed that problem for me. I am active again and can jump out of bed with no pain. Come see him you will not regret it. And to top it off he is a great human with a true desire to help people get their lives back.
Stacy D. – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr Mazzola has helped me to run again. I have been pain free after my treatments and would highly recommend his treatments. I had sever issues with my glut tendons and was in constant pain. After PRP treatments I no longer have any pain.
Cyndy P. – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mazzola?