Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Originally trained as a family physician, I currently specialize in Sports Medicine and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. My goal is to provide excellent outcomes through patient-centered care, guided by Christian principles and the best current evidence.

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Louisville, CO. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Mazzola is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center, St. Anthony North Hospital and Avista Adventist Hospital.

Dr. Mazzola's Experience

See how Dr. Mazzola's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mazzola

Dr. Mazzola accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Mazzola has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mazzola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mazzola to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Mazzola Says:

Dr. Mazzola's Performance
    in Denver, CO |
    His innovator treatment for adhesive capsulitis was a life saver. Be able to sleep after to day make my life easy through recovery journey. Thank you Dr.
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Mazzola was wonderful to work with. He was super gentle during the examination, asked lots of questions to determine the core issue with my shoulder, listened to my concerns and explained what he thought was going on in medical and layman's terms. When the results from my MRI came, he called instead of having me come in (saving me another copay) and let me know he had to refer me to his partner for surgery. I'm kinda sad he couldn't perform the surgery but trust his referral just as much.
    in Golden, CO |
    Incredibly gentle & genuine bedside manner. A pioneer in alternatives forms of injection medicine.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    I have been in chronic pain for over 5 years, seen 30+ professionals, still with no diagnosis or improvement, even after a significant surgery. Dr. Mazzola is the best Dr. I have ever been to in every regard. He is challenged & excited about the complexity of my issues & eager to treat me. He cares so much that he actually called to check on me after injections & met me at an offsite PT appt. He has given me the gift of hope when I had none. That in itself has improved my quality of life!
    in Thornton, CO |
    Dr. Mazzola thinks outside the traditional medical box. He is a very caring doctor. I feel like he spends the amount of time with me that I need to understand all of my options and any treatment recommendations. I have seen him for PRP for my shoulder, as well as a stress fracture of my ankle, and I am very pleased with his treatment and care.
    in Westminster, CO |
    Dr. Mazzola used an ultrasound to discover damage in my knee that had bothered me for years. Other doctors had been unable or unwilling to help with the issue. It was a relief to know that I wasn't imagining the issue and the dextrose (sugar) shot worked extremely well. Thank you Dr. Mazzola
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Mazzola is wonderful! He always takes the time to speak with me about my problem. I never feel rushed and appreciate both his knowledge and easy-goimg nature.
    in Denver, CO |
    Awesome! Dr. Mazzola is wonderful, very caring, and considerate. He is incredibly knowledgeable and is sincerely devoted to helping his patients.
    New York, NY |
    Wonderfully considerate, very caring, hospitable, great communicator, and patient. Spends time with the patient, answers questions thouroughly and in plane English. One of few in the US doing prolotherapy.
    in Longmont, CO |
    I was dealing with chronic shoulder pain and a 5mm tear in my rotator cuff. This kept me from the sports I love playing and Dr. Mazzola suggested a PRP injection and physical therapy. Between the PRP injection, followed by 6 weeks of PT and a dextrose injection, I'm back playing the sports I love and pain free. What I enjoyed the most about my experience with Dr. Mazzola is he listens and the quality time with him during each appointment. He was never rushed to get to his next appointment
    in Denver, CO |
    I've had a great experience with Dr. Mazzola to help my frozen shoulder/adhesive capsulitis. He has a great optimistic and enthusiastic personality and immediately put me at ease by explaining things thoroughly, keeping my type 1 diabetes in mind. Although I've had to undergo about 4 injections to expand the joint, each time my shoulder moved a bit more and I now believe I'll be able to reach my goal of full shoulder movement and he has been the main reason. I would definitely recommend him!
    in Denver, CO |
    Trigger point injection brought healing to my daughter's year of shoulder pain. Dr. Mazzola is a pioneer in this arena and I am grateful he was willing to consider this instead of jumping straight to surgery. Thank you. Dr. Mazzola!! I would highly encourage you to consider this BEFORE considering surgery!
    in Erie, CO |
    Dr. Mazzola was super thorough and knowledgable at both appointments. He set me on a plan to healing and I felt cared for. He certainly takes the utmost care for his patients and i would recommend his expertise to family and friends. The whole team he works with from the front desk to medical assistants are fantastic.
    in Superior, Colorado |
    Dr. Mazzola was very experienced and very positive. He explained everything to me about my knee and the problems I had. Derek was also very helpful. He fitted me for my brace. He explaned the variables related to my brace. He was very positive also.
    in Westminster, CO |
    Highly recommend Dr. Mazzola
    in Arvada, CO |
    I have been seen by Dr Mazzola for some time now. I would recommend him to those who w severe knee pain . He listens to me , he has been patient w me , best listener around .. Obviously really interested in helping me w this darn knee pain. He is just the best as has been his assistants , Cynthia and Sylvia... Thank you so much!
    in Thornton, CO |
    He was very informative and a let me look with him when doing a ultra sound on my sons ankle. Even took extra time to show me different viwes.
    in Denver, CO |
    He is very friendly! As he was doing my ultrasound he was explaining what he was doing. When he was done he showed me what he found and explained what was on the screen. He asked if I understood everything and did not expect me to which was great. Will recommend him to evryone!!
    in Boulder, CO |
    He appears friendly enough but he becomes impatient with questions. He either speaks with technical jargon or overly-simplistically (e.g. You have schmutz in your joint) and seems to bristle when asked to explain things. I ended up feeling like he was trying to evade direct questions and bamboozle me with medical terminology. He also recommended some experimental treatment only he does. Waiting room had TV playing infomercials for quick-fix medical therapies - irritating and inappropriate.
    Have you seen Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
    Are you Dr. Mazzola?

Dr. Mazzola's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mazzola says...

The most unique aspect of my practice is the utilization of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound to diagnose and treat painful orthopedic conditions such as chronic tendonitis and arthritis.  I have been using Diagnostic and Interventional ultrasound since 2007 and providing regenerative injections such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) since 2009.  Both tools have been revolutionary for obtaining an accurate diagnosis and more importantly improved patient outcomes.

Dr. Mazzola says...

While I realize I cannot please all people at all times, it is my sincere desire to provide the highest quality of care to each and every person who takes the time out of their day to meet with me.  My ultimate aim is to care for people by keeping their interests at the center of our relationship and making accurate diagnoses to effect the best possible outcomes.  Some of the treatments I offer (like dextrose prolotherapy or PRP injections) are unique, thus I strive to help educate clients about their condition and range of options. I will continue to work on clarity and humility in that process.

Dr. Mazzola's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

Dr. Mazzola has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mazzola's Board Certifications

• Shoulder Diseases
    • Shoulder Pain
    • Sports Injuries
    • Tendonitis
    • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

• Other Education
      RMSK

Completed in 2013

Dr. Mazzola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mazzola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
    • Prolotherapy Injections