Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Sports Medicine  ·
Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Wheat Ridge, CO and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in sports medicine.

3455 Lutheran Pkwy Ste 105

Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

• Cofinity
  • Guardian

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Mazzola treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Mazzola's conditions and procedures:

• Ankle Instability
  • Ankle Sprain
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Shoulder Diseases
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal

Originally trained as a family physician, I currently specialize in Sports Medicine and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. My goal is to provide excellent outcomes through patient-centered care, guided by Christian principles and the best current evidence.

• Sports Medicine

4.4

Dr. Mazzola?
Dr. Mazzola's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD
His innovator treatment for adhesive capsulitis was a life saver. Be able to sleep after to day make my life easy through recovery journey. Thank you Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola was wonderful to work with. He was super gentle during the examination, asked lots of questions to determine the core issue with my shoulder, listened to my concerns and explained what he thought was going on in medical and layman's terms. When the results from my MRI came, he called instead of having me come in (saving me another copay) and let me know he had to refer me to his partner for surgery. I'm kinda sad he couldn't perform the surgery but trust his referral just as much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Incredibly gentle & genuine bedside manner. A pioneer in alternatives forms of injection medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I have been in chronic pain for over 5 years, seen 30+ professionals, still with no diagnosis or improvement, even after a significant surgery. Dr. Mazzola is the best Dr. I have ever been to in every regard. He is challenged & excited about the complexity of my issues & eager to treat me. He cares so much that he actually called to check on me after injections & met me at an offsite PT appt. He has given me the gift of hope when I had none. That in itself has improved my quality of life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola thinks outside the traditional medical box. He is a very caring doctor. I feel like he spends the amount of time with me that I need to understand all of my options and any treatment recommendations. I have seen him for PRP for my shoulder, as well as a stress fracture of my ankle, and I am very pleased with his treatment and care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola used an ultrasound to discover damage in my knee that had bothered me for years. Other doctors had been unable or unwilling to help with the issue. It was a relief to know that I wasn't imagining the issue and the dextrose (sugar) shot worked extremely well. Thank you Dr. Mazzola
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola is wonderful! He always takes the time to speak with me about my problem. I never feel rushed and appreciate both his knowledge and easy-goimg nature.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Awesome! Dr. Mazzola is wonderful, very caring, and considerate. He is incredibly knowledgeable and is sincerely devoted to helping his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Wonderfully considerate, very caring, hospitable, great communicator, and patient. Spends time with the patient, answers questions thouroughly and in plane English. One of few in the US doing prolotherapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I was dealing with chronic shoulder pain and a 5mm tear in my rotator cuff. This kept me from the sports I love playing and Dr. Mazzola suggested a PRP injection and physical therapy. Between the PRP injection, followed by 6 weeks of PT and a dextrose injection, I'm back playing the sports I love and pain free. What I enjoyed the most about my experience with Dr. Mazzola is he listens and the quality time with him during each appointment. He was never rushed to get to his next appointment
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I've had a great experience with Dr. Mazzola to help my frozen shoulder/adhesive capsulitis. He has a great optimistic and enthusiastic personality and immediately put me at ease by explaining things thoroughly, keeping my type 1 diabetes in mind. Although I've had to undergo about 4 injections to expand the joint, each time my shoulder moved a bit more and I now believe I'll be able to reach my goal of full shoulder movement and he has been the main reason. I would definitely recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Trigger point injection brought healing to my daughter's year of shoulder pain. Dr. Mazzola is a pioneer in this arena and I am grateful he was willing to consider this instead of jumping straight to surgery. Thank you. Dr. Mazzola!! I would highly encourage you to consider this BEFORE considering surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola was super thorough and knowledgable at both appointments. He set me on a plan to healing and I felt cared for. He certainly takes the utmost care for his patients and i would recommend his expertise to family and friends. The whole team he works with from the front desk to medical assistants are fantastic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola was very experienced and very positive. He explained everything to me about my knee and the problems I had. Derek was also very helpful. He fitted me for my brace. He explaned the variables related to my brace. He was very positive also.
Highly recommend Dr. Mazzola
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I have been seen by Dr Mazzola for some time now. I would recommend him to those who w severe knee pain . He listens to me , he has been patient w me , best listener around .. Obviously really interested in helping me w this darn knee pain. He is just the best as has been his assistants , Cynthia and Sylvia... Thank you so much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
He was very informative and a let me look with him when doing a ultra sound on my sons ankle. Even took extra time to show me different viwes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
He is very friendly! As he was doing my ultrasound he was explaining what he was doing. When he was done he showed me what he found and explained what was on the screen. He asked if I understood everything and did not expect me to which was great. Will recommend him to evryone!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
He appears friendly enough but he becomes impatient with questions. He either speaks with technical jargon or overly-simplistically (e.g. You have schmutz in your joint) and seems to bristle when asked to explain things. I ended up feeling like he was trying to evade direct questions and bamboozle me with medical terminology. He also recommended some experimental treatment only he does. Waiting room had TV playing infomercials for quick-fix medical therapies - irritating and inappropriate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mazzola?

Insurance accepted