Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD

Regenerative MedicineMaleAge 54

Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD is a Regenerative Medicine Specialist in Boulder, CO and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine medical school in 1994. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Avista Adventist Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mazzola to book an appointment.

Regenerative Orthopedics & Sports Medicine350 Broadway St Ste 202 Boulder, CO 80305

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Mazzola's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mazzola

Dr. Mazzola?
  • Office environment (60)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (56)
  • Explained conditions well (56)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
Rotator cuff injury was more complex than expected. A long but accurate diagnosis and process. More complex than I expected. Dr Mazzola was caring, professional and knowledgeable about the latest regenerative methods. He is and treats you as a full human being. I am so grateful! I can move my right shoulder and arm again!!!
Rossana J. – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
If you have hip pain or chronic pain, go see Dr. Mazzola now!! It's hard to put into words how much Dr. Mazzola has helped me get my life back. I first saw him in 2019, after experiencing 2 years of chronic pain, 2 hip surgeries and a hernia surgery. I had essentially given up and had lost all hope by the time I saw Dr. Mazzola. Since that initial visit, I've done 1 stem cell injection and 3 other PRP injections, in addition to a few prolotherapy injections and numerous rounds of hydro-dissection over an 18-month period. It has been so worth it and is the best money I've ever spent!! I feel a million times better and much of my chronic pain is gone. While I still need to get stronger to fully get out of pain, I am confident I will continue to get better and better in the next few weeks and months. I highly recommend Dr. Mazzola and the ROSM team!
Kathleen – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I had scar tissue from a tumor removal that was causing problems with my hamstring. After the first prolo injection and physical therapy I was at about 60% recovery. Elected to have a 2nd prolo injection to get to 90%+ recovery. Had excellent results and would highly recommend Dr Mazzola and his staff.
Ann S. – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I came to Dr. Mazzola with a shoulder that had been in pain for over 3 years, twice misdiagnosed by other physicians. Dr. Mazzola, with his ultra-sound skills and familiarity with my particular issue, quickly ascertained that I had partial tears in my rotator cuff. Using the PRP therapy, Dr. Mazzola was able to bring my shoulder back onto the right healing track, and though still in progress, I am quickly gaining mobility and strength (pain free) through his treatment and dedicated physical therapy.
Jeff T. – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
A patella tendon tear brought me to Dr Mazzola. While that is an unfortunate diagnosis it served as the catalyst to an approach, procedure and care team that has revitalized my hope in continuing to pursue the active lifestyle that is core to my happiness. Beyond the patella tendon, I had become accepting of a degenerative trend of pain and diminished confidence in my knee. I struggled to articulate my pain and the frustration would mount when an assessment or MRI would miss the mark on the symptoms I was experiencing. For the first time in a long time, that trend is reversing and for that I'm truly grateful and appreciative. It is comforting to feel like I've got a orthopedic partner that is truly invested in my outcome, healing and the journey beyond. Tapping into the healing properties of the human body is a powerful experience. Thank you patella tendon!
T. H. – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I have been coming to ROSM for several years. Two frozen shoulders and a torn rotator cuff and I have graduated from treatment after finally choosing PRP treatment. The staff here and most certainly Dr. Mazzola have all been amazing. It has been a long journey but I am finally pain free and now working on regaining my strength. Dr. M explains every step of his treatment, expectations and goals clearly and with compassion. I am grateful and recommend this practice fully.
Kristine B. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
So skillful and compassinate. I had no pain during procedure and Dr Mazzola was so communicative during the whole process.
Terrie C. – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Have had hip problems for years that no one could fix until I found Dr. Mazzola. I am so thankful for the pain relief. I would have to limp around when getting out of bed in the morning and was unable to enjoy my active life, doc fixed that problem for me. I am active again and can jump out of bed with no pain. Come see him you will not regret it. And to top it off he is a great human with a true desire to help people get their lives back.
Stacy D. – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr Mazzola has helped me to run again. I have been pain free after my treatments and would highly recommend his treatments. I had sever issues with my glut tendons and was in constant pain. After PRP treatments I no longer have any pain.
Cyndy P. – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I came to Dr. Mazzola with osteoarthritis in both knees, and severe (level 4) in my right knee. He took the time to develop a treatment plan that fit my goals and financial abilities - a PRP treatment followed by a bone marrow treatment and a second PRP treatment. Prior to these procedures, I had near constant pain at a level of 7/10 and couldn't do what I wanted in terms of exercise and activity. After the procedures, I only notice discomfort in my knees about 5% of the time, at a level of 3 or 4/10. The process has taken time and effort, but with commitment to Dr. Mazzola's recommendations and my physical therapy exercises, I feel that my quality of life has improved substantially. My alternative was knee replacement surgery, and there is no way I'd feel the improvements I do in this short of a time had I gone that route. I highly recommend this treatment and Dr. Mazzola, no matter how bad you think your situation is!
Joanie F. – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I have always had a very positive experience with Dr. Mazzola. He has greatly improved my pain, and I have been able to stay active and do all of the activities that I love to do.
Ali S. – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Over the last 10 years i have been struggling with chronic tendinitis in my knee and have gone through 3 surgeries and 3 different doctors to try and make the pain go away. I was referred to Dr. Mazzola and i was immediately surprised by how much time he spent with me. Not only getting to know me but also getting to know my knee like no other doctor did. Long story short, it was a long and painful process but Dr. Mazzola never gave up and constantly gave me his all. I can't thank him enough for his time, skill, and knowledge. He has given me a new life and with a baby on the way its amazing to know that I will be able to run and play with my daughter. He is an amazing healer and an amazing person. Courtney is also the best!
K. I. – Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Tim has helped me and many of my friends and family members with numerous musculoskeletal injuries and issues. I continue to refer people to him and he continues to help them...and help some of them avoid surgery. I'm an avid climber and I push my body hard. Too hard. Dr. Tim helps me stay in the game when many other doctors have failed. He has helped me with wrist issues, elbow issues, and shoulder issues. And I'll come to see him when I injure the next part. I'm most impressed with his ability to diagnose with ultrasound, which allows him to treat the right spot with the right method (prolotherapy, PRP, stem cell, or other more mainstream methods). And always with a smile and a great office experience. Thank you Dr. Tim!
Todd F. – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzola is an outstanding doctor. I went in barely able to walk. After PRP and cushion shots, I am good as new despite arthritis and old age. No surgery needed. I would highly recommend that everyone see Dr. Mazzola before doing anything else with bad knees,
Lori R. – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr. Mazzolla is very knowledgeable in Regenerative orthopedics. I trust him fully and he makes you feel very at ease with the process. My case took a little longer than we had expected but we were both willing to go the distance to get me healthy and strong place with my knee. I would highly recommend ROSM with Dr. Mazzolla. His staff is excellent!
Susie J. – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Dr Mazzola (and his staff) is the first doctor in five years who has actively listened to my description of injuries and treated me accordingly. He assesses my need for treatment WITH me, with my lifestyle, hobbies, job, etc in mind. He genuinely cares about the things that are important to me as a person and cares that his treatments will help me to accomplish those things. I have had more success with Dr Mazzola's treatments and care than any other doctor I have ever seen. He is kind beyond words, cares deeply about his patients, and is exceptionally skilled in his craft. I am forever grateful to have crossed paths with him and have been treated by him. I highly recommend him to all of my family and friends and, honestly, any stranger I hear about that is in pain!
Whitney O. C. – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
My experience with Dr. Mazzola (PRP) gave me a new lease on life!
Anonymous – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I came to see Dr. Mazzola after Lisa Wilcox referred him. I've been dealing with a contrature for 23 years after an ACL revision and then a total knee replacement 3 years ago. After only 2 treatments I saw and felt a tremendous amount of relief and gained some extension of my knee. I've been to many specialists who would not or could not help me. Dr. Mazzola's enthusiasm and expertise was amazing. I'm terrified of needles but with his technique, I never felt the fear and barely felt the injections. I highly recommend him to everyone. I traveled from NC to see him! It was the best thing I have done for my knee! I will be a life long patient and intend on traveling back to CO to see him for further treatments!!!
Jax R. – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
Just perfect, I'm healed! What else can I say!
Max K. – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?
I loved working with Dr. Mazzola. I've recommended him many times to friends and family - he's very competent, honest, a good listener, and most importantly, helped speed up my recovery from a knee and shoulder injury. THANK YOU!!!
Cathy H. – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Mazzola, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mazzola?

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Mazzola treats your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Diseases
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Stress Fracture
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

Dr. Mazzola accepts

Dr. Mazzola accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range
PacifiCare
WellPoint
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Timothy Mazzola is triple board certified in Family Medicine, Sports Medicine and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (MSK US). Dr. Mazzola earned his Medical...Read more

Is your doctor a nationally-recognized educator in their field? Dr. Mazzola has 2 decades of experience treating injured athletes with minimally invasive therapies.

• Regenerative Medicine