Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD

Anesthesiology •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Lubenow

Professional Building

1725 W Harrison St Chicago, IL 60612

Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 34 years. He specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine anesthesiology.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Anesthesiologists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Lubenow accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Lubenow treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Lubenow's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lubenow

3.4

Dr. Lubenow?
Dr. Lubenow's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD
I have been seeing Dr. Lubenow for 10 years. He is knowledgable, trained in the most recent treatments, heads various pain orgs, is an active researcher, & is highly recommended by fellow pain doctors. He is kind, funny, to the point, & open-minded. The only downside is having longer wait periods occasionally at Chicago Rush clinic. He is in high demand & pain patients are often high maintenance, myself included. His office staff had a difficult year in 2018; a lot of staff turnover. That appears to have evened out & I like the overwhelming majority of staff. He books up quickly, so if you have a problem call ASAP. If there is an ER, he works in patients when possible. I recommend Dr. Lubenow even though I have not had highly successful treatment. Every pain patient is different. I have called other Dr.s to find new treatment for CRPS & the manority tell me to stay with lubenow; "he is the best."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
If you want the very best pain management doctor you go to Doctor Lubinow. I have been a patient for many years after a work related accident. He has ALWAYS taken the time to talk to me and answer all questions I may have. He is very knowledgeable and down to earth. He does everything he can to help make your situation manageable. I have highly recommended him to family and friends. You really can do no better than Dr. Lubinow. I am so grateful for all that he does for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
Dr. Lubenow is caring and compassionate. Takes his time explaining procedures and treatment options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
When you have something as horrible as CRPS, like me, it's easy to feel sorry for yourself. Dr. Lubenow will not hesitate to tell you to suck it up. Unfortunately there is no cure for RSD, so you need to find a way to live with the pain. Dr. Lubenow will do everything possible to help you, but he can also be quite rough. Some people can't handle that, If you can, he'll give you the best treatment you'll find in all of IL, I know, I've seen just about every specialist here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
Went to him because I needed a pain management specialist for my Occipital Neuralgia and cervicogenic headaches. He gave me cortisone shots in my greater and lesser Occipital nerves and did an RF Ablation. The Ablasion on my C2 didn't work and I'm almost positive he missed the nerve. The C2 Ablasion didn't burn after and I had such pain in my neck after I needed morphine. Now he told me I need to learn to deal with the pain because there's nothing else he can do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
This doctor understands pain. He understands I was there because the surgeries did not work and I needed pain management . He tries all different types of pain management and does not stop trying to find the answer . He is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who needs help. His staff is just as nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?
His office staff can take awhile, but he is fantastic and very worth the wait! Have had him for years and wouldn't change anything about him. Very kind and caring, knowledgeable, and a good advocate. He is a little gruff, but he's so nice! Highly recommended!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Lubenow, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lubenow?

• Anesthesiology

Rush Presby St Lukes

Professional Building1725 W Harrison St Chicago, IL 60612

Rush Pain Center

Rush Pain Center1725 W Harrison St Chicago, IL 60612

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lubenow treats patients.

70% Patient experience rating, 1% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)