Dr. Timothy Ko, MD

Dr. Timothy Ko, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

We provide a comprehensive evaluation to each individual patient's pain complaints. We strive to address the underlying problem with a multimodal approach including the latest advanced pain procedures, physical therapy referrals, medication evaluation, and when appropriate surgical referrals. Our emphasis is a return to function with this approach while limiting a reliance upon strong narcotic medications.

Dr. Timothy Ko, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Painesville, OH. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Ko is affiliated with TriPoint Medical Center and University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center.

Dr. Ko's Experience

See how Dr. Ko's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ko

Dr. Ko accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ko has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ko to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Ko's Performance
in Concord Twp, OH |
I have seen numerous Dr's for a variety of health reasons. Never have I encountered a doctor that shows such compassion and understanding. Dr Ko sits and talks to you about all of your pain issues as though he has all the time in the world for you! He makes you feel special! He explains in detail how he can help you and what will be done. His staff is like family to both Ken and me. If you are in need of pain management, Dr. Ko is your answer!! Don't hesitate ??!!!
in Rootstown, Ohio |
I have been seeing Dr. Ko for a few years and he is the best doctor I've seen. I drive an hour each way to be seen by him. He always listens and does whatever possible to help with my situation. When I schedule a visit, all I have to do is request which doctor/PA I want to be seen by. When I have called, my calls are returned on the same day with a resolution. I've never had a problem with my insurance either. I recommend him to anyone that tells me they have back problems.
in Concord, OH |
Just want to say Dr.Ko is such an amazing Dr. Very kind, he listens and makes me feel comfortable and treats me like a human and not just another patient. He always has a smile on his face along with all the staff. I actually look forward to my doctor's visits with him! Keep up the great work Dr.Ko!!!
Mentor, OH |
I am a previous patient. I left numerous messages for an appt and never received a callback. Then when I finally got through the staff was extremely rude and actually told me that there are too many overdoses in Ohio now, I will need to take EXTRA steps to come back and they will determine if they will even want me back. Never in my life have I been treated like a junkie. I have 8 years of back problems and surgery. I NEED INJECTIONS. Do junkies come for injections?? Horrible office !
Mentor, OH |
This has got to be the most horrible dr's office I have ever Encountered. Stay away!
in Fairport Harbor |
Dr Ko is a wonderful doctor He has compassion and empathy for his patients He takes his time and truly listens to you He really care about you
in Mentor, OH |
Dr. Ko is a wonderful doctor. He listens well and is very knowledgeable. I had lower back pain. He gave me epidural shots in my lower back and now I am pain free.
Willowick, Oh |
Dr. Ko is good; but the staff is lacking. Phone calls not returned at all.... a nightmare when you have to reach someone.
We apologize for your poor experience. We are constantly working on staff performance and reworking our system. We strive to return messages received within a few hours, 24 hours max, not never. Another option that may be quicker is contacting us through the web (Patient Portal/Healow app). Thank you for the feedback, all is welcome.
Concord, Ohio |
Dr. Ko is absolutely amazing! Before seeing Dr. Ko I was with a different pain management doctor for almost 13 years. He left that practice & I had to find a new pain doctor. When you suffer from severe chronic pain that is a scary feeling. Dr. Ko is very sweet, friendly & caring. I also see Maureen & she is AMAZING! I am so grateful for Dr. Ko, Maureen & the entire staff. You won't be sorry by choosing Dr. Ko. My wait time is always under 5 minutes & the staff is friendly & happy.
Chardon, OH |
My only complaint is after you see Dr. Ko for the first patient appointment they make you see the Nurse Practitioner from there on. I was not impressed at my second appointment because the nurse practitioner was not familiar with my case. This is very frustrating when you get passed off by the doctor. I am planning to have surgery and I do not want my pre-surgery appointment to be with a nurse practitioner.
Had an appointment scheduled for 6 weeks and faxed over the necessary paperwork. They wait until 5 days before your appointment to call and say that they don't take your insurance. They don't take Medicaid unless you have another top-notch Insurance Company as your primary insurance carrier. Extremely unprofessional!
in Lakewood, OH |
After two years of searching for a pain management physician, I found Dr. Ko. He exceeded all of my expectations. He REALLY listens while looking you in the eye. He is willing to spend as much time as needed. He actually read the medical records I had sent to his office B4 he saw me. He ordered several images to be done. He asked and considered my opinions. Not only did he formulate a treatment plan, but then explained it to me. Unlike any other pain mgmt. doctor I've EVER encountered! EXCELLANT
in Conneaut, OH |
Excellent Doctor. I brought up an issue unrelated to the reason for my visit and he ordered an mri. After 2 years and multiple other doctors and x-rays I finally had a diagnosis. I had surgery and for the first time in 2 years I no longer have pain in my knee. Last year I dreaded spring and the thought of having to hire someone to care for my gardens, now I can't wait for spring and being able to garden again.
in Mentor Ohio |
Very good!!!! He listens to his patients and sits down and looks at you when you talk to him. He has a big heart. He is one of the dr.'s who really do care. He don't make you think your just a number.
Have you seen Dr. Timothy Ko, MD?

Compare Dr. Ko

Dr. Ko's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Ko has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ko's Board Certifications

• Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine

Graduated in 2003

University Hospitals of Cleveland

Completed in 2004

University Hospitals Of Cleveland, Department Of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine

Completed in 2007

University Hospitals Of Cleveland, Division Of Pain Medicine

Completed in 2008

YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Ko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Discography
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Joint Injection
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection