Dr. Timothy L. Keenen, MD

Dr. Timothy L. Keenen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 63 years old

Dr. Keenen specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Tualatin, OR. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Keenen? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Keenen's Experience

See how Dr. Keenen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Keenen

Dr. Keenen accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Keenen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Keenen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Keenen to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Keenen
Dr. Keenen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (66)
in Beaverton, OR |
I highly recommend Dr. Keenen. He is an outstanding surgeon. He removed a cyst on L5-S1 and my sciatica pain went away. He was a good listener when I explained my sciatica pain and how long I had it. He put my mind at ease right away about the surgery procedure. I totally trusted him to do the surgery correctly. He communicates very well. His staff is great, efficient and polite. Thank You Dr. Keenen
in Silverton OR |
When epidural injections in my back didn't work it was determined I needed surgery. When I visited Dr. Keenen for the first visit I had severe pain in my back, leg and foot, and could barely walk. it was determined that I had 2 ruptured disk and needed surgery. On April 4, 2016 Dr. Keenen preformed surgery and 3 months later I was free from pain and can do most of the activities I did before surgery. His staff is friendly, professional and available @ all time. Thank you Dr Keenen for your care
in Beaverton, OR |
Very kind, gentle man. His staff is amazing. The office is VERY organized and it is obvious that the physician is very involved in the business aspects of his practice. I went in his office and really wanted to tell him that I was seeing him, a surgeon, but didn't want surgery. I left knowing that it was not an emergency but he felt that I would probably feel so much better. Very pleased.
in summerville oregon |
61 yo male and have spinal stenosis. Dr. Keenen did endoscopic surgery on L4-5. I am pain free and haven't felt this good in years. I would recommend Dr. Keenen.
in Molalla, OR |
I had four collapsing discs in my low back and after trying several different things my insurance company insisted on me doing. I finally found Dr. Keenen and he helped me get my Insurance company to agree to my surgery. I am now pain free after five years. I no longer have nerve pain or numbness in my back and legs. I highly recommend going to Dr. Keenen.
in Aloha, OR |
Dr. Keenen has changed my life. I had numbness and tingling in my arms and fingers and a constant low grade headache for 3 years. Steroid therapy had masked the problem for awhile but the pain and numbness came back with a vengeance. People had told me don't let them cut on your neck and I listened until I could no longer bare the pain. I wish I had seen him years earlier because the results were better than I hoped. If you are in pain and afraid of surgery don't be, See Dr. Keenen.
in Albany, OR |
Dr Keenen did a great job on my neck surgery. His staff and PA are great.
in Beavercreek, OR |
Being under 40 and considering back surgery is scary. I saw 3 different surgeons and Dr. Keenen was the only one who made me feel safe, knowledgeable and satisfied that what was going to happen was totally ok. I had a disc replacement and fusion at the L5/L4 and S1/L5 location. Everything that took place was EXACTLY as Dr. Keenen had discussed. He spent an hour and a half talking me through the surgery prior to the event and answered every question I had, no matter how big or small. He was GREAT
in Portland, OR |
I had spondylolisthesis for 12 years and it became difficult to walk last year. Dr. Keenen was referred to me by everyone I spoke to about back surgery, including other doctors. He is focused, yet easy to talk with, and goes through every detail about what the operation will entail until you are 100% comfortable. Legacy Hospital was organized and clean, which was VERY different than the other very large hospitals in PDX. 4 months after my surgery I am surfing and running! Highly recommend!
in Portland, OR |
I'm in the medical field and Dr. Keenen came highly recommended. He is the doctors doctor. The staff was so efficient and spent time to answer all my questions. My overnight stay at Meridian Park was a wonderful experience. I can't tell you how gifted Dr. Keenen is . . .I'm now 3 months post-op and pain free. I have stamina to carry on every day tasks. Thank you so much Dr K, Daren, and Lisa.
in Lake Oswego, OR |
I was diagnosed with two bulging discs in my lower back. Within two months of the first symptoms, I had lost 50% of the muscle mass and strength in my right leg. Dr. Keenan recommended immediate surgery, which was performed. After three months of recovery and physical therapy, my right leg is now 85% the strength of my left leg and improving weekly. This surgery has been life altering in the most significant way.
in Canby, OR |
I highly recommend Dr. Keenen to anyone who is wanting a highly skilled Orthopedic Surgeon with great integrity! He was an absolute God send! I was one sneeze away from being paralyzed for life because I had degenerated discs and my spinal cord with being severely compromised by the vertebrae that were out of alignment. Dr. Keenen looked at my MRI and agreed to do an emergency surgery on me that same day. I am forever thankful for his great care and skill. I am happily living a full life!
in Salem, OR |
Absolutely the most validating experience! Dr. Keenen and staff were supportive, empathetic, understanding, and patient. I was terrified of surgery and got a second and third opinion. I could have had surgery closer to home, or with a surgeon highly recommended by family and friends. I chose Dr. Keenen because he IS the best in the area, and he understood my apprehension and family dynamics.
in Washougal, WA |
Dr. Keegan is an outstanding spinal surgeon. After experiencing several failed lower back surgeries, Dr. Keegan recommended a TILF and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. This is a difficult and complicated surgery for full recover and relief of symptoms. While it can take up to 2+ years for full benefit, I am 7 months out and feel the best I have felt in 20 years. My highest recommendation.
in West Linn, OR |
Everything was great. I am back to 100%
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Kennen performed back surgery on me July 23, 2015. The pre-op was excellent, I was fully prepared prior to going to the surgery (please understand that other than some out-patient surgeries, I have not stayed overnight in a hospital except for one time several years ago). Day of surgery; staff very helpful, answered all my questions, calmed me down(!). My overnight stay was a blur, but my wife told me that the nursing crew was excellent. Home the next day, and post-op was also excellent.
Have you seen Dr. Timothy L. Keenen, MD?
Are you Dr. Keenen?

Compare Dr. Keenen

Dr. Keenen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Keenen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Keenen's Board Certifications

• Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

University Of California At Davis / School Of Medicine

Completed in 1988

Washington University, St Louis

Graduated in 1975

Dr. Keenen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Keenen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Disc Replacement
  • Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Total Disc Replacement

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.