Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD

Pain ManagementMaleAge 67

Dr. Keenen

Pacific Spine Specialists, LLC

19260 Sw 65th Ave Ste 270 Tualatin, OR 97062

Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD is a Pain Management Specialist in Tualatin, OR. He is affiliated with medical facilities Legacy Meridian Park Medical Center and Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Keenen to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD with other Pain Management Specialists near you

Dr. Keenen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keenen

Dr. Keenen?
  • Office environment (126)
  • Explained conditions well (123)
  • Staff friendliness (123)
  • Long wait times (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
I am a heavy athlete and compete in the Scottish Highland Games. I injured my neck by compressing two disks, This left my left arm numb and almost useless. My Doctor laid it all out for me and we talked options between Fusing and Disk implants. After deciding our course of action and getting the required approval. The Surgery was scheduled and my doctor replaced my disk's with implants. I could not be happier; I got my left arm back and most importantly the nerve pain is gone. I have my grip strength back and I can compete in the Games I love. My experience has been outstanding, and could not possibly ask for a better outcome.
Charles L. – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
From the first moment of connecting with the new patient coordinator, to the first meeting with Dr. Keenen, through the post-up follow-up, I cannot express my deep gratitude to all who helped me achieve complete recovery from my back issues. The issue was diagnosed quickly, surgery happened fast, and I can say I have fully regained the quality of life I had before.
Stephany K. – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
From the start to the end of the process Dr. Keenen was there describing every step of the way. Prior to the surgery I was in pain sitting and standing. Post surgery I have my old life back. Best decision I've ever made!
Jason S. – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I hauled my carcass in to Dr. Keenen's office at the recommendation of my primary care provider a few weeks after being sent to the ER with a severely herniated L5-S1 disc that I had been neglecting for months. Two days later I was in surgery, and one day after that I was up and walking. Dr. Keenen explained everything to me in ways I could understand and my family and I appreciated his straightforward approach. The surgery was quick, the recovery was mostly easy and fairly painless, and I was able to quickly get back on with my life. One of the interesting things for me has been those closest to me telling me how much more energetic and happier I seem. Being in pain for months had really ground down my mental health as well as my physical, and being able to do basic tasks - driving, walking, cooking, playing music - without being somewhere between "uncomfortable" and "in searing, white hot pain" is something I will never take for granted again.
Xan G. – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I saw Dr. Keenen for a SI joint fusion. I had been in pain for several years and the pain was unbearable. I could not sleep at night, could not stand at work, and had gain about 25lbs b/c I couldn't walk daily. Dr. Keenen was great at walking me through the process, giving me details, and realistic expectations. After surgery I was sore and listen to his instructions and took it easy 12 weeks. I mean, I took it easy! After the 12 weeks, I felt great. I couldn't believe the change - my pain was almost gone - I was back to my normal activity. It was remarkable. 6mths after surgery. I have no pain, I am 100% and I can't believe I waited so long. I would highly recommend this procedure to anyone that could benefit.
A. H. – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Started out with loss of strength in right arm, numbness in index and middle finger and extreme pain in right arm. Had to continuously be on pain killers in order to accomplish anything during the day and pain killers at night in order to get some sort of sleep. Surgery never seems like it can be a great experience but with Dr. Keenen and his staff it was a very good and comfortable experience. After the surgery i regained feeling in my fingers and pain went away. i was able to go back to flight school and accomplish all my ratings required to become a professional pilot. Surgery with Dr. Keenen has helped me continue on with my dreams without any restrictions. I highly recommend it if anyone is on the fence whether to go through with it or not.
Thomas W. – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I have had back problems for many years and it got to the poiint I could not even ;put on my socks without the help of my wife. Dr. Keenen fused my lower back and today the change in the quality of my life is beyond belief. He is one of the finest doctors in Oregon.
Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Prior to surgery couldn't stand for very long or walk distances. I just spent two long days at Disneyland walking and standing in lines. My biggest complaint was sore feet! Thank you Dr. Keenan and staff at Pacific Spine Specialists
Jim M. – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Prior to seeing Dr. Keenen, I was in uncontrollable pain in my lower back and left leg. Dr. Keenen diagnosed me with two ruptured disc. Since the double discectomy I have been recovering quite well. After 5 months, I am almost back to my normal self. I am very happy with the results of my back surgery. a
Scott K. – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I am now 8 months removed from a three level cervical fusion. Prior to the surgery I was at wit's end in terms of the daily nagging pain in my neck and shoulders. Physical Therapy and accupuncter helped but not to any significant degree. Once I finally had the proper tests and procedures and a consult with Dr. Keenan, I felt there was at last a clear path forward. For me the surgery was absolutely the right decision; despite the small trepidation I had at the time. At this point I have seen noteworthy progress, Daily tasks and functions are remarkably improved. Moving forward, I am convinced there is even more progress to be had. Dr. Keenan and staff have been absolutely top notch through the whole process.
Scott W. – Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I was in constant, debilitating pain from bilateral sacroiliac joint dysfunction resulting from a prior extensive lumbar fusion. Dr. Keenen and his staff accurately diagnosed my problem, dealt with my obstinate insurance company, controlled my pain and arranged for surgery. The surgery, a bilateral SI joint minimally invasive fusion, was performed. The results of the surgery have been life altering; my pain is almost completely reduced and i am now able to live my life, which includes numerous activities i had recently had to abandon due to pain. I highly recommend Dr. Keenen and his staff for back pain issues.
N. O. – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I came to Dr Keenan with severe pain in my lower back and buttocks and tingling down my legs and into my feet. I had tried PT and acupuncture and both seemed to make my pain worse. I couldn't walk without pain and had to give up normal activities including golf and working out at the gym. Dr Keenen read the MRI I had taken several months prior and also ordered xrays to make his diagnosis. He diagnosed me with spinal stenosis and some scoliosis, and recommended decompression surgery and fusion (using my own bone) to release the nerve and stabilize my vertebrae. He told me I would have immediate relief and be 90% pain free. Four weeks following surgery I was totally pain free. At 8 weeks post-op I am going to PT to strengthen my muscles and increase flexibility, and expect soon to be able to golf and work out at the gym. At this point I can do all housework and work in my garden. I only wish I had decided for the surgical option sooner as it would have saved me months of pain.
Judi J. – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Six months after lumbar surgery by another doctor, Dr. Keenen correctly diagnosed why I was still not recovering, due to a bone spur, which was then operated on by the other doctor. Almost a year later I still was having lower back pain and again Dr. Keenen quickly pursued this issue, resulting in decompression surgery. I am now finally on the road to full recovery after years of pain and loss of function. I can't say enough good about Dr. Keenen. I highly recommend him for his high level of skill in diagnostics and neurosurgery and his dedication to and caring for his patients.
Edward H. – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Dr Keenan was amazing and fixed my neck
  • Long wait times
D. K. – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Dr. Keenen and staff are amazing. The difference with the fusion is night and day in regards to pain and movement. So much better!
Michael W. – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
He is very caring and makes you feel welcome. He strives for the best care for you.
Mandy H. – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Dr. Keenen was very thorough and explained everything that would take place. The surgery went very well and recovery time was less than expected.
Pat S. – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Amazingly positive experience. To maker a long story short, I finally ended up with the right group of doctors, with Dr. Keenen being the last and most important of the puzzle pieces. I had lost a lot of use of my left arm, hand and fingers over the course of a 6 month period. Best decision I made in a long time. Dr. Keenen explained all of my options in detail and I chose to let him go ahead and fix it. As soon as the anesthesia was out of my system, I instantly could feel that things were better. I had a double disk removal and replacement with a titanium plate installed across 3 vertebrae in my neck. After 8 weeks of following directions and recovery(and feeling better a little each day), I have never given my choice a second guess. thank you Dr. Keenen and the entire team. Sam Manley
Sam M. – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Dr. Keenen and his entire staff are professional and very caring. Dr. Keenen listens to what you want and suggests what you need.
N. L. – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I had a ski accident in January of 2018 and had been misdiagnosed by a physical therapist of having a torn bicep (my arm had been going numb). I decided to call Dr. Keenen since he had worked on my lower back from a previous injury and successfully got me back into life. After an MRI it was obvious that I had a massively bulging disc in my neck and it needed to be fixed as soon as possible or I would sustain permanent damage. Once diagnosis was determined, Dr. Keenen wanted me to fix it within 2 weeks. There was no waiting around once we knew what was wrong. Surgery went exactly as he had explained, in detail. Post surgery went better than I had planned and was home the day of surgery and wanting to move around the day after! I was especially glad we chose the artificial disc replacement, as I now have complete range of motion and didn't lost any movement in my neck. Six months after surgery I was skiing again and a year after I'm back paddle boarding, kayaking and enjoying life!
Dawn T. – Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Keenen?

Dr. Keenen is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon in Portland, OR treating neck and low back surgical conditions. Dr. Keenen’s...Read more

Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Tualatin, OR. He specializes in orthopedic spine reconstructive surgery.

• Pain Management