Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery •  Male • Age 66

128 Reviews

Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Tualatin, OR and has been practicing for 31 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic spine reconstructive surgery, and more.

Pacific Spine Specialists LLC

• Sat: closed

Dr. Keenen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keenen

Dr. Keenen?
Dr. Keenen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD
I hauled my carcass in to Dr. Keenen's office at the recommendation of my primary care provider a few weeks after being sent to the ER with a severely herniated L5-S1 disc that I had been neglecting for months. Two days later I was in surgery, and one day after that I was up and walking. Dr. Keenen explained everything to me in ways I could understand and my family and I appreciated his straightforward approach. The surgery was quick, the recovery was mostly easy and fairly painless, and I was able to quickly get back on with my life. One of the interesting things for me has been those closest to me telling me how much more energetic and happier I seem. Being in pain for months had really ground down my mental health as well as my physical, and being able to do basic tasks - driving, walking, cooking, playing music - without being somewhere between "uncomfortable" and "in searing, white hot pain" is something I will never take for granted again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I saw Dr. Keenen for a SI joint fusion. I had been in pain for several years and the pain was unbearable. I could not sleep at night, could not stand at work, and had gain about 25lbs b/c I couldn't walk daily. Dr. Keenen was great at walking me through the process, giving me details, and realistic expectations. After surgery I was sore and listen to his instructions and took it easy 12 weeks. I mean, I took it easy! After the 12 weeks, I felt great. I couldn't believe the change - my pain was almost gone - I was back to my normal activity. It was remarkable. 6mths after surgery. I have no pain, I am 100% and I can't believe I waited so long. I would highly recommend this procedure to anyone that could benefit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Started out with loss of strength in right arm, numbness in index and middle finger and extreme pain in right arm. Had to continuously be on pain killers in order to accomplish anything during the day and pain killers at night in order to get some sort of sleep. Surgery never seems like it can be a great experience but with Dr. Keenen and his staff it was a very good and comfortable experience. After the surgery i regained feeling in my fingers and pain went away. i was able to go back to flight school and accomplish all my ratings required to become a professional pilot. Surgery with Dr. Keenen has helped me continue on with my dreams without any restrictions. I highly recommend it if anyone is on the fence whether to go through with it or not.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I have had back problems for many years and it got to the poiint I could not even ;put on my socks without the help of my wife. Dr. Keenen fused my lower back and today the change in the quality of my life is beyond belief. He is one of the finest doctors in Oregon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Prior to surgery couldn't stand for very long or walk distances. I just spent two long days at Disneyland walking and standing in lines. My biggest complaint was sore feet! Thank you Dr. Keenan and staff at Pacific Spine Specialists
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Prior to seeing Dr. Keenen, I was in uncontrollable pain in my lower back and left leg. Dr. Keenen diagnosed me with two ruptured disc. Since the double discectomy I have been recovering quite well. After 5 months, I am almost back to my normal self. I am very happy with the results of my back surgery. a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I am now 8 months removed from a three level cervical fusion. Prior to the surgery I was at wit's end in terms of the daily nagging pain in my neck and shoulders. Physical Therapy and accupuncter helped but not to any significant degree. Once I finally had the proper tests and procedures and a consult with Dr. Keenan, I felt there was at last a clear path forward. For me the surgery was absolutely the right decision; despite the small trepidation I had at the time. At this point I have seen noteworthy progress, Daily tasks and functions are remarkably improved. Moving forward, I am convinced there is even more progress to be had. Dr. Keenan and staff have been absolutely top notch through the whole process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I was in constant, debilitating pain from bilateral sacroiliac joint dysfunction resulting from a prior extensive lumbar fusion. Dr. Keenen and his staff accurately diagnosed my problem, dealt with my obstinate insurance company, controlled my pain and arranged for surgery. The surgery, a bilateral SI joint minimally invasive fusion, was performed. The results of the surgery have been life altering; my pain is almost completely reduced and i am now able to live my life, which includes numerous activities i had recently had to abandon due to pain. I highly recommend Dr. Keenen and his staff for back pain issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
I came to Dr Keenan with severe pain in my lower back and buttocks and tingling down my legs and into my feet. I had tried PT and acupuncture and both seemed to make my pain worse. I couldn't walk without pain and had to give up normal activities including golf and working out at the gym. Dr Keenen read the MRI I had taken several months prior and also ordered xrays to make his diagnosis. He diagnosed me with spinal stenosis and some scoliosis, and recommended decompression surgery and fusion (using my own bone) to release the nerve and stabilize my vertebrae. He told me I would have immediate relief and be 90% pain free. Four weeks following surgery I was totally pain free. At 8 weeks post-op I am going to PT to strengthen my muscles and increase flexibility, and expect soon to be able to golf and work out at the gym. At this point I can do all housework and work in my garden. I only wish I had decided for the surgical option sooner as it would have saved me months of pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?
Six months after lumbar surgery by another doctor, Dr. Keenen correctly diagnosed why I was still not recovering, due to a bone spur, which was then operated on by the other doctor. Almost a year later I still was having lower back pain and again Dr. Keenen quickly pursued this issue, resulting in decompression surgery. I am now finally on the road to full recovery after years of pain and loss of function. I can't say enough good about Dr. Keenen. I highly recommend him for his high level of skill in diagnostics and neurosurgery and his dedication to and caring for his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Keenen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Keenen?

Dr. Keenen accepts

Dr. Keenen accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Preferred PPO
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Dr. Keenen treats your condition or procedure

• Disc Replacement
  • Endoscopic Spinal Surgery
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spondylosis
  • Total Disc Replacement

Dr. Keenen is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon in Portland, OR treating neck and low back surgical conditions. Dr. Keenens office, Pacific Spine Specialists, is a top spine surgeon practice located in the Portland Ore...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1979
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
1975
Washington University, St Louis

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Keenen treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average