Dr. Timothy Johans, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Johans

Dr. Timothy Johans, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Boise, ID and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of Kansas / School Of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Johans accepts

Dr. Johans accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross of Idaho
PacificSource
SelectHealth
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Check Dr. Johans' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Johans' Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Johans treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 82% of his peers

Dr. Johans treats this condition more than 82% of his peers

• Vestibular Neuritis
Brain Disorders

Dr. Johans treats Brain Disorders more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Johans treats this condition more than 75% of his peers

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Johans performs Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy) more than 62% of his peers

Dr. Johans performs this procedure more than 62% of his peers

• Disc Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Joint Fusion
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Meningiomas
  • Microvascular Decompression
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Spinal Cord Injury

4.5

Dr. Johans?
Dr. Johans' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Johans, MD
the first doctor willing to see me about my conditions. After my surgery I feel so much better. Thank you to dr. Johan's and his staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Great doctor and great staff they all done amazing work
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I’m very thankful for Dr. Johan and his entire team! From the clinical doctors office to the hospital staff, and everyone in between. I was nervous about having my surgery but after reading Dr. Johans reviews it put my mind at ease. I’m thankful I chose him for both of my surgeries. Wouldn’t have gone anywhere else. Thank you Sincerely AG
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr. Johans has surgically helped me, my husband, and son, with great success. We wouldn’t let any other neurosurgeon, perform surgery on us! Dr Johans, Megan, and Kelly are all definitely 5 star.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr. Johans did a surgical procedure on my neck. The recovery was quick and nearly plain free. He gave me my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr Johan's was very thorough, to the point and did a great job on my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I was scared to death of getting back surgery, and the first neurosurgeon I consulted acted like I was a waste of his time. Dr Johans and his staff, however, were kind and professional. They answered all of my questions, and helped me make an informed decision. After dealing with sciatica for a year, in spite of physical therapy and a chiropractor, I finally opted for surgery, and I have no regrets. If you are considering spinal surgery, but need advice, and a listening ear, look no further!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I have been a chiropractor for 30 years and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would have to have neck fusion surgery. But after getting rear-ended four times over 25 years, I had no choice! I had surgery early in the morning and later that evening Dr Johans came to visit me. I asked him if he had given me a long-lasting pain medication because I still didn't have any pain. He told me anything they gave me would have worn off by then. I never had to take any pain pills!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr Johans is my hero. He quickly got me in, took my symptoms seriously and got my diagnosis quickly. He came in on his day off to deliver that diagnosis. He was wonderfully caring with me and my family. His quick action may have saved my quality of life and I will be ever grateful to him for that. His nurse Kelly is also very wonderful and very easy to communicate with. Can’t thank them enough for the good care I got.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
My experience was very positive. Dr. Johans explains well and then puts the decision in the patients hands. He does NOT experiment, but only address conditions with a clear opportunity for a life improvement (i.e., remove pain). He even asked if he could pray for me before surgery. I walked out of the hospital on my own 8 hours after back surgery. If you want an honest doctor who will guide you to making the right decision for your issue, this is who you want to have as your doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Johans. I was treated with courtesy and respect.. My questions were always answered thoroughly. He told me exactly what to expect for the neck surgery and the ulnar surgeries.. Treasure Valley hospital staff is most excellent. I felt like I was the only one there.. For a hospital stay it was quite pleasant.. I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Johans and treasure Valley hospital..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I had a 4 level cervical fusion for stenosis. Dr. Johans and his team answered all my questions, in person, by phone and over email. We went over my images together. He was attentive on the day of surgery and came and talked to me about more questions I had. My result was awesome. If you need a neurosurgeon, Dr. Johans should be your surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I am very pleased with Dr. Johans. He is very thorough, listens, then proceeds with his diagnosis. He is direct and to the point, which I really appreciate. He is on time with appointments and treats you as a person...not a statistic. I had 4 vertebrae: C3,4,5 & 6 with a cage. My neck is still a little weak, but my mobility is almost 100%. That is 34 days after surgery. His whole office staff is really great. They do GREAT follow up! They are friendly, professional, timely .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I have been Dr. Johans patient for 19 years now and he has kept me capable of working through multiple operations. After each one I was able to return to work within just a few days. I am 60 years old and still working as an auto mechanic in my own shop. Thank you Tim , you have been a life saver. I recommend Dr. Johans to all my friends. I will not allow any other surgeon to operate on me , this guy is great. I give him a 5 star rating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Johans. I had spinal fusion in my neck and had a large bone spur removed. I found Dr. Johans very professional, extremely knowledgeable and confident that he could help me. My operation went off without a hitch, and my follow up care has been second to none. His dedication to his craft, and years of experience are very evident. His staff could not been any better. I would recommend Dr. Johans to anyone who is suffering as I did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr. Johans performed a neck fusion on me and everything went better then expected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
He does great work, no B. S. Or push of surgery if not absolutely required.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
I quickly gained confidence and felt genuine concern from Dr. Johans in his ability to help me. My situation was complicated and he was very successful in helping me. He gave thorough information and patiently answered my questions in layman's terms. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr. Johans and his staff have been wonderful. I recommended him to anyone having neck and back issues. He is caring, honest and he listens.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Dr. Johans was able to get me in right away, fixed my problem and i am back to myself! I did not have to wait forever to get in. He explained everything that he was going to do so i could understand. He did not talk over my head to where i was confused or unable to understand. I am so ver pleased and thankful for him and his staff!!! WOW! No worries at all!!! I am so happy and feel great! I recommend him and and Megan 100%!! Thank you very much.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Johans?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Johans treats patients.