Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Timothy Johans, MD
Dr. Timothy Johans, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Boise, ID. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Johans is affiliated with Treasure Valley Hospital, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa and St. Luke's Boise Medical Center.

Neuroscience Associates

• SelectHealth
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Johans

Dr. Johans' Experience

Dr. Johans' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Disc Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Joint Fusion
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microvascular Decompression
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• University Of Missouri
  • Oregon Health Sciences University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Oregon Health and Science University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Johans has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johans does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johans and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johans' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johans to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Johans' Performance
in Meridian, ID |
I developed non-stop debilitating pain down my right hip, leg and foot and ended up in the ER. I was admitted and Dr. Johans reviewed my MRI and visited me that evening. Dr. Johans was extremely professional, upfront, honest, thoroughly explained everything and recommended I have surgery to remove a very large herniated disc. He worked my surgery into his schedule the next day. Within a couple of days after surgery, all the pain was gone. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Johans!!!
in Boise, ID |
I had a flawless experience with Dr Johans and his staff. I was in need of a possible fusion or arthroplasty/artificial disk replacement. Dr Johans was able to perform the arthroplasty and I was back to work in two weeks and feeling almost as if I never had surgery. Honestly I have had a few surgery experiences and never felt so good as after this surgery. Dr Johans is one of only two neurosurgeons in Boise that can perform the artificial disk replacement and I am so grateful for it.
in Meridian ID |
Dr Johans is amazing! He treats u like family and I am now pain free! So blessed to have been referred to him!
in Ola, ID |
In 2010; I went to the Spine Institute after I had broke my back, and never did get to see the doctor. So my boss recommend Dr. Johans. He did a very thorough exam and discovered issues with both my back and neck. He fused my neck, did a great job no pain. Only wished he would have done my back , too but referred me to an associate.
in Middleton idaho |
I was impressed by Dr. Johans straight forward review of my issues and what needed to be done to get me functioning again. As he did the initial examination he was able to convey to me and my wife what the concerns were and how to correct the spine to give me my mobility and reduce pain.
in Norfolk, NE |
In April 2015 Dr. Johans performed DBS brain surgery to control the symptoms of my Parkinsons Disease. The procedure required two overnight hospital stays. The result was life changing, in a very positive way. I still have to take my meds but the dyskinesia is gone. Dr. Johans is an excellent surgeon who cares deeply about his patients; he is also all business. Go see him for his surgical skill, not his bedside manner. I did, and would happily do it again. My rating? 5 Stars...Excellent
in Meridian, ID |
Dr. Johans has a terrible bedside manner and a complete inability to acknowledge his own failures and mistakes. He's conditioned to believe every patient is a pill-seeker and cannot recognize valid complaints of pain and suffering, leaving patients with no alternative but to go to the ER repeatedly until he finally acknowledges there's an actual issue, which is a complete disservice to people who need relief. Very abrupt, rude, condescending, and interrupts his patients without listening.
in Meridian, ID |
I highly recommend seeing Dr. Johans. He took the time to really listen, was relate-able and provided sound advice. In my opinion, he's a superior physician that I trust.
in Boise, ID |
I waited a year to give this review so I could describe the full outcome. Dr. Johans saw me on a Thursday, and cancelled a portion of his planned vacation to perform urgent surgery the next day (Friday) and check up on me on Saturday. Tremendous devotion to serving his patients, including explaining options and procedures. Excellent skill at surgery, including meticulous care at minimizing the size of the incision and hiding the scar in a wrinkle. Highest recommendation from me.
in Twin Falls, ID |
Dr. Johans is very straight forward and genuinely concerned about his patients. He spent an amazing amount of time answering not only all of my questions but also all the questions of my wife prior to scheduling surgery. He is not only a great surgeon but has also gone through spinal surgery himself so he understands our fears and concerns. Dr. Johans and his staff are very friendly, honest and competent and I would recommend them without hesitation, they are first class!
Have you seen Dr. Timothy Johans, MD?
Are you Dr. Johans?