Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 46

Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Elk Grove Village, IL. Dr. Hughes has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities AMITA Health Alexian Brothers Medical Center Elk Grove Village and AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hughes to book an appointment.

Dr. Hughes

Northwest ENT Associates

800 Biesterfield Rd Ste 401 Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Hughes with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hughes

3.3

Dr. Hughes?
  • Appointment scheduling (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (16)
  • Explained conditions well (16)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
Rude, condescending, poor knowledge!! He should not be a doctor!
Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
!!! SENIORS BEWARE !!! I am a retired senior on Medicare, and also on a fixed income. I made an appointment to see Dr. Hughes of Northwest Ent Associates in his office on Talcott Avenue in Chicago regarding an ear infection. After he treated me he told me that I should have a hearing test. I did what he said and it was all done at the same location. In less than a week I received a bill from Northwest Ent saying that I owed them $162.00. I immediately became suspicious and figured that the hearing test was not going to be a covered service. I notified Blue Cross Blue Shield to see if it was. Of course, my suspicion was correct. A hearing test is not a covered service. When I look back, I feel like I was scammed by Dr. Hughes. I'm very sure that he had to know that this service was not going to be covered by Medicare and was trying to get another $162.00 that he knew I would have to pay out of pocket. Maybe $162.00 is pocket change for Dr. Hughes, but it sure isn't for me.
Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
Saw Dr.Hughes 2-16-18 told him about the pain in my throat and my lympnodes on my neck were very swollen. After looking in my throat he said he didn’t see anything unusual although two days before my primary care doctor said it looks like I have an infection. cool he brushed me off and I was out his office in 20 minutes. All he recommended was to gargle warm salt water. 2-18-18 I was rushed to Loyola ER, turns out I had an abscess the size of an inch behind m right tonsil. Great Job Doc!!!!!!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
Very unpleasant appt with Dr. Hughes. He came in, left door open and went straight to the computer. I explained my symptoms and he quickly checked my ear and in 5minutes he was out the door. I was extremely concerned and he did nothing to make me feel like I was going to be ok. After a hearing test, he went back to computer and simply did not care for my concerns. He never asked if I had further questions, instead he seemed annoyed by me asking about diagnosis. Very old office and old equipment
DB in Chicago, IL – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
I never got to to the Appt as it was cancelled an hour and half before my visit. No apology was given and I could have scheduled at another facility with another Dr. considering having to take time off work.
Park Ridge, IL – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
10+ years of acute sinusitis, every cold (at least 3 per year) ended in a sinus infection with the stress of getting to a doctor and getting antibiotics. An unending frustrating cycle constantly disrupting my life. Dr. Hughes recommended a ct-scan which showed abnormality in my sinus construction and recommended surgery. Have always been warned against sinus surgery but I took the leap of faith and have not had one infection in 3 years. Forever grateful for his surgical skill/expertise.
Teresa in Roselle, IL – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
Excellent Sinus Care provider After a year of almost constant antibiotics I switched to Dr Hughes. After a few months of treatment, He recommended surgery. Surgery went very well. It has been three weeks and I feel so much better. Dr Hughes was very helpful. He explained and answered all my questions thoroughly. His office staff is very pleasant. I highly recommend.
William in Chicago, IL – Apr 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?
Dr. Hughes was very friendly and professional. He was thorough, informative, and patient about my situation. He was quick and appointments were always on time. Additionally, the nurse and staff were nice and helpful. Highly recommended ENT
Alex K – Mar 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hughes?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Loyola University Med Center
Loyola University Med Center
Loyola University Stritch School Of Med Chicago Il

Does Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Hughes accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Hughes frequently treats Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Hughes specializes.

Where is Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD's office located?

Dr. Hughes' office is located at 800 Biesterfield Rd Ste 401, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Hughes has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Timothy Hughes, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Hughes

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Hughes treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Hughes treats other conditions, please contact the office at (847) 357-9486.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Hughes is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Rhinoseptoplasty
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Hughes accepts

Dr. Hughes accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO