Dr. Timothy Hamby, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Tri-state Orthopaedics 225 Crosslake Dr Evansville, IN 47715 Get Directions
Dr. Timothy Hamby, MD
Dr. Timothy Hamby, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Evansville, IN. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Hamby is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital and St. Vincent Evansville.

Dr. Hamby's Care Philosophy

I strive to provide the best care and treatment to local athletes and those that live an active lifestyle. I understand how important it is to my patients to recover successfully and return to the game as fast as possible.

Dr. Hamby's Experience

See how Dr. Hamby's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hamby

Dr. Hamby accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Hamby is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hamby has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hamby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamby to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Hamby's Performance
Evansville, IN |
I recently had a total knee replacement by Dr. Hamby. He was an excellent surgeon and gave me back a quality of life that I haven't had for years. He and his team were true professionals and provided the highest level of care that was possible. I would highly recommend him!!!
in Evansville, IN |
Honesty, trust, professional care is key to a successful team effort for staff and patient. Impressive care and the vision to give such rewarding health care to get me back on my feet was very crucial with every step taken. The quality of care on every level from pre op to post op to therapy has been the most quality care to date. I never questioned anything because the nurses, doctor and therapist kept me informed and gave me great advise to enhance my healing. I got my life back! Thank you!
in Evansville, IN |
I had a total knee replacement on May 10th 2016. Dr Hamby treated me for about 7 years prior to surgery. I displayed all the symptoms to be a candidate for replacement prior to surgery by about 2 years. I asked Dr. Hamby "when should I have it done? He said you will know. I did. He listens and he explains things where I understood. My bow legg is gone! I got my life back. I will have have him do other knee when it is time. I would not have anyone else do it. He is friendly, capable & thorough.??
in Evansville, IN |
Dr Hamby changed my life!!! He did both my knee replacements! I had just lost my wife and my body was worn out! I could barely walk! He has given me a new lease on life! Thank you Dr Hamby Ron Wade
in Warrick Co. Indiana |
My name is Prentice, in mid Feb 2017 I blew out my left knee. My meniscus was tore up really bad. My initial evaluation was mid Feb 2017, during that visit, Dr. Hamby's physician's assistant, Kati was her name I believe, and Nurse Martha immediately put me at ease. Very professional and considerate. My surgery was 8 Mar. Dr. Hamby and his team performed perfectly. I was discharged after only 5 weeks. My therapists, in rehab were also outstanding. I highly recommend Dr. Hamby his team and TSO.
Evansville, IN |
Several in my family have seen Dr Hamby for ortho needs and he has always been very thorough And caring with us. He has always followed-up after our visits to make sure we are doing well with our treatment. AND his clinical staff is OUTSTANDING too. I will most definitely recommend Dr Hamby to friends and family for their ortho needs.
in Evansville, IN |
Dr. Hamby is an awesome surgeon. I had a horrific leg injury, and broke my leg in 5 places. He said that it was the worst that he had seen in years. I needed 2 surgeries to fix my leg because of how my body was healing, and now I am back to working construction and climbing ladders every day. I am so thankful that I met him, and that he was the surgeon on my case. He was very attentive, caring, and reassuring thru my healing process. Nursing staff in his office was just as awesome.
Evansville, In |
Dr. Hamby and his team are amazing. I was scared out of my mind having to get a hip replacement and Dr. Hamby and his team made what could have been an awful experience and turned it into a good experience. Dr. Hamby and is team are very knowledgeable and are eager to make sure a patient understands everything that is going on...
Spottsville, ky |
Most rude and unfeeling doctor I have ever met. I just got back from Indianapolis having surgery. I was in so much pain and he told me that there was no reason for me b to be hurting like I was. Even after doing an MRI he didn't have the decency to call me to tell me he was wrong. I would recommend Methodist sports medicine and will never walk through tri state orthopedics doors again...no bedside manner, rude, unfeeling.
in Henderson, Ky |
Dr.Hamby has performed excellent services to myself twice now with total satisfaction! The whole staff perform polite ...professional and prompt response and completely explain the entire situation at hand. Special thanks to his nurse Martha..._who seems to be at my beckon call.....with that....I highly recommend them! Thank y'all for everything!!! And....GO CATS!! Kent P. Moore
in Lynnville, Indiana |
Dr. Timothy Hamby is a wonderful caring Dr. He answered all my questions and then some. I had to have my ACL done and before the procedure he explained everything to me that he would be doing. I did not feel rushed or anything he stayed in there with me as long as I needed him too. I would highly recommend him to anyone he make you feel very comfortable. He is very polite and pashionate about his work. Thank you Dr. Hamby for you extrodenary work.
Have you seen Dr. Timothy Hamby, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamby?

Compare Dr. Hamby

Dr. Hamby's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hamby's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Hamby has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hamby's Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Indiana University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

Atlanta Med Center
    Tulane Med Sch

Dr. Hamby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine