Dr. Timothy Groth, MD

Anesthesiology •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Groth

North Shore Surgery Center

989 W Jericho Tpke Ste 1 Smithtown, NY 11787

Dr. Timothy Groth, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Smithtown, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Groth to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Groth accepts

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Groth treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Groth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Groth

4.1

Dr. Groth?
I have been a patient of Dr. Groth for several years. I had previously gone to a different pain management doctor who rushed my appointment and made me feel like my questions were stupid. A friend recommended Dr. Groth and I couldn’t be happier. I now have a Doctor who is compassionate and never makes me feel rushed. After having 5 back surgeries and living in constant pain I now have a doctor who I trust when he recommends different injections or procedures that could possibly help with the pain. The office staff are very friendly and if I call for an appointment they are very accommodating.
  • Long wait times
Lori Malandra – Nov 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Staff very friendly and helpful, and treatment has been great and very effective. The staff explains everything very well to you and make every visit very pleasant!
Ryan – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
my first consultation and visit was today. I went here due to the positive reviews. I waited one hour to see him, however, the aide that called me profusely apologized for the error. I would have waited so much less, however, admitting and apologizing for a mistake goes a tremendously long way for me. Immediately I met Dr. Groth, and after explaining my history witch he patiently listened to and I personally feel emethetic to. He suggested another epidural which after 20 years I have had dozens of. It was immediate and it was the gentlest of any I have had previously. Bonus points to this compassionate man is that I explained until the injection may work, I can't deal with the pain or do my job. I told him I know doctors are hesitant on pain meds and two years now and no sympathy from these doctors, DR. Groth trusted me and prescribed medication to help me until our next visit. I asked many questions and always received a patient answer. He promised me that he will get me back on track
ev – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Worst experience ever with a pain management practice. Had a LLSB performed by Dr Groth which left me WORSE off than before I walked in. Called multiple times to request an MRI and was rudely "dealt" with and basically lied to. Ashley plainly told me that if I did not use which radiologist they have a "arrangement" with she could not help me get an MRI. However, if you want pain "meds" this is the place to go! In this age and age of opioid addiction I am shocked at what these people would subscribe. I actually left the practice and went to another , real fantastic doctor and was told she could not believe what I was being subscribed. This new doctor is actually treating my problem, not throwing meds at me to mask symptoms. Beware, I am shocked this place has not been raided and shut down. I know a few patients who use this place for what it is.......a drug dispensary!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
On July 8th, 2020, I had an appointment to help relieve a returning lower left back pain from a slipped disc of years ago. I met Dr. Groth and found him to be kind and professional. He checked my history and did a procedure that worked before. That same day I began to feel better. Follow-up on july 22.. I still feel good, pain free. The staff was also friendly and attentive. I was welcomed to return if I should need help in the future.
  • Long wait times
Robin B. – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
I have been a patients of Dr. Groth's for a little over one year. I generally see Tom and he is terrific. They never make you wait and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They communicate very well and are very concerned about the patients needs. They do not push you to do any procedure that you are not comfortable with. On my last visit they suggested a back brace that is definitely helping. They did not pressure me they gave me options. I also had my knee drained of fluid and it feels great. I haven't felt this good walking up and down stairs in a long time. I would recommend Dr. Groth's team because everyone really cares about the patients. Tom takes the time to discuss your options and doesn't rush you at all. I see many doctors and Dr Groths team is by far the most friendly, helpful medical professionals I see. Thank you Tom for your concern and professionalism and I have recommended you to family and friends.
Dennis Rachek – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Dr Groth is kind,patient,and caring. He takes time to listen. He is a great doctor,one of a kind. Very compassionate
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
My comment about Dr Groth is primarily about his billing staff. They try their darnedest to try to double bill you as often as they can. Keep all records of canceled checks, and get a receipt af all payments made associated with the dates of service. They will bill you for payments made dating back 6 months to a year. Don't throw nothing out. Look and print information about your deductable. KEEP IT FOR REFERENCE. Very shrude billing staff. Attitude to you if you confront them
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Bette Beitel in Centereach, NY – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
He is a very pleasant person. However, my visits with him last about 5-6 minutes, at most. I get the feeling that because I am a Medicaid patient, he may not want to spend too much time with me. Medicaid doesn't pay like a private insurance does. I have seen him spend up to 20 minutes with a patient. Maybe it's the $$$ insurance. I really don't know because I can't get into his head, BUT... I'm not thrilled. That is why he gets a FAIR from me.
Evelyn in Patchogue, New York – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Extremely knowledgeable about invasive procedures. Great hands. Soft touch. Winning smile and personality. Highly skilled -- and highly recommended.
David Shobin,M.D. in Smithtown, NY – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Dr Groth was very nice. The staff seemed clueless. The wait time I am still here 2.5 hrs later. Almost an hour and forty five min later we were seen. Now it's been 50 min and I am still waiting for a shot. This is insane. I have been here since 12:00PM and it is 2:40 and still waiting. Waiting room over crowed no place to sit when we arrived. They kept saying we are a little behind schedule. When asked how long waitbwould be the front desk couldn't give me an answer, Great first impression.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Groth following an MVA in 2000. He is compassionate, attentive, and aware of the latest medical treatments for Chronic Pain sufferers. He genuinely cares about his patients, as does his staff. If it were not for the neck and knee injections, I'd never be able to move. I am grateful to have found him, and would highly recommend Dr. Groth to friends and family.
Martha Nassauer in Oneonta, NY – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Dr. Groth has been my doctor for 5 years. HIs injections are head on, and give me months of relief. Especially the occiptical nerve block and radio frequency ablasion. Dr groth is patient, thorough, answers questions, and makes sure everything is going smoothly. He is on top of everything as well as the staff. HIs staff is very helpful, Amanda returns calls promptly and always professionally.I reccommend this office highly, you will not be disappointed.
Port Jefferson Station, NY – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
painless epidural he is the greatest, very skilled and knowledged
brian okeefe in setauket ny – Oct 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
I have battling DDD in my thoracic and lumbar spine for 3 yrs now I have had 2 other PM Doctors be4 dr Groth. He is the most caring Doctor I have ever seen. I'm feeling very blessed to have found him
William in New York, NY – Sep 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Groth?

• Anesthesiology