Dr. Timothy Groth, MD

Anesthesiology ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Groth

North Shore Surgery Center

989 W Jericho Tpke Ste 1 Smithtown, NY 11787

Dr. Timothy Groth, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Smithtown, NY and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in anesthesiology.

Dr. Groth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Groth

4.1

Dr. Groth?
Dr. Groth's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Groth, MD
Excellent doctor Great bedside manner You talk he listens
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
My comment about Dr Groth is primarily about his billing staff. They try their darnedest to try to double bill you as often as they can. Keep all records of canceled checks, and get a receipt af all payments made associated with the dates of service. They will bill you for payments made dating back 6 months to a year. Don't throw nothing out. Look and print information about your deductable. KEEP IT FOR REFERENCE. Very shrude billing staff. Attitude to you if you confront them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
He is a very pleasant person. However, my visits with him last about 5-6 minutes, at most. I get the feeling that because I am a Medicaid patient, he may not want to spend too much time with me. Medicaid doesn't pay like a private insurance does. I have seen him spend up to 20 minutes with a patient. Maybe it's the $$$ insurance. I really don't know because I can't get into his head, BUT... I'm not thrilled. That is why he gets a FAIR from me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Extremely knowledgeable about invasive procedures. Great hands. Soft touch. Winning smile and personality. Highly skilled -- and highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Dr Groth was very nice. The staff seemed clueless. The wait time I am still here 2.5 hrs later. Almost an hour and forty five min later we were seen. Now it's been 50 min and I am still waiting for a shot. This is insane. I have been here since 12:00PM and it is 2:40 and still waiting. Waiting room over crowed no place to sit when we arrived. They kept saying we are a little behind schedule. When asked how long waitbwould be the front desk couldn't give me an answer, Great first impression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Groth following an MVA in 2000. He is compassionate, attentive, and aware of the latest medical treatments for Chronic Pain sufferers. He genuinely cares about his patients, as does his staff. If it were not for the neck and knee injections, I'd never be able to move. I am grateful to have found him, and would highly recommend Dr. Groth to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
Dr. Groth has been my doctor for 5 years. HIs injections are head on, and give me months of relief. Especially the occiptical nerve block and radio frequency ablasion. Dr groth is patient, thorough, answers questions, and makes sure everything is going smoothly. He is on top of everything as well as the staff. HIs staff is very helpful, Amanda returns calls promptly and always professionally.I reccommend this office highly, you will not be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
painless epidural he is the greatest, very skilled and knowledged
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?
I have battling DDD in my thoracic and lumbar spine for 3 yrs now I have had 2 other PM Doctors be4 dr Groth. He is the most caring Doctor I have ever seen. I'm feeling very blessed to have found him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Groth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Groth?

• Anesthesiology

1994
1984
1983

Dr. Groth accepts

Dr. Groth accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO