Dr. Timothy Doerr, MD

Dr. Timothy Doerr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Return patients to full use through reconstructive surgery & physical therapy

Dr. Timothy Doerr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Boise, ID. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Doerr is affiliated with Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Doerr's Experience

See how Dr. Doerr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Doerr

Dr. Doerr accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Doerr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Doerr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Doerr to family and friends
    3.8
    Dr. Doerr's Performance
    in Kuna |
    I recently had a right lumbar- laminectomy, foraminectaomy and partial discectomy on 6/14/2017 at Treasure Valley Hospital. I had been experiencing nerve pain in the right side of my body for over three months after my MRI and meeting with Dr. Doerr one time we scheduled the surgery. The staff at Treasure Valley was so kind and helping through this process. Dr. Doerr personally called me five days post surgery to check on me. Not the nurse, the Dr. called me.
    Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr is an excellent surgeon who gave me my life back after a previously failed back surgery. His assistant Julie is kind, helpful and personable. Dr. Doerr and his entire staff go above and beyond to make patients feel safe, feel fully educated about their circumstances and to feel well-cared for. I highly recommend Dr. Timothy Doerr.
    in Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr has performed several orthopedic procedures on me, 4+, and all have turned out excellent. I find Dr. Doerr to be very knowledgeable in all areas that he performs procedures, and if he has doubts he does the professional thing and seeks advice from his colleges and is very willing to let you obtain a second opinion. I would highly recommend Dr. Doerr to my family and friends. Thank you!
    in Vale, OR |
    He is kind, professional, and listens to your needs. He doesn't do anything that isn't necessary. Dr Doerr has done 3 surgeries on me and 3 on my husbands. We are never worried when we have surgery by him. He informs you of what he will be doing, makes sure you under stand and eases your concerns. We have been pleased with his services. His office staff is very kind too. And they have all been very helpful with my insurance and medical needs. And quick to get what is needed. Andr to get a nurse
    in Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr is an intelligent surgeon who knew immediately after a quick survey of my knee that I had torn my ACL. I appreciate his knowledge of my injury; however, he wasn't the most personable of doctors and I often felt that he was a rushed in seeing me and sometimes anxious to move on to his next task.
    in W Richland, WA |
    I was in a car accident in 2012. Dr Doerr was the surgeon on duty when I was brought in to emergency. This man made it possible for me to walk again. He followed up for two years after the surgery was performed. As far as I'm concerned, he is excellent and I would recommend him 100%.
    in Nampa, Idaho |
    I would recommend Dr. Doerr to everyone. He takes the time to listen what my complaints and will always take the time to explain what is wrong, what its going to take to repair and how long you should expect to have any issues. I enjoy his staff - they all are very personable and pleasant. I was in a concern that he found that I had De Quervain's tendonitis in my right wrist area. The surgery went very well and I could tell the difference within a few days. Thanks Dr. Doerr
    in Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr has replaced my hip and repaired my shoulder, and monitored back issues. He was instrumental in discovering a serious non orthopedic issue and counseling me to get further evaluation. He is cautious in regards to potential infection and he teams up with excellent physical therapists.
    in Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr has replaced my hip and most recently repaired my shoulder. Both outcomes have been excellent. He is very attentive to infection control. He also called me at home several times to check up on me after surgery.
    in Boise, ID |
    Dr. Doerr and his staff are very considerate about their patients fears and took the time to not rush into surgery, which actually made me feel that he wasn't just out to making a buck, but was truly interested in what was best for me. As it turned out I still did need my back surgery, but he was very conservative and attentive, could not have asked for anything more, 90 days out from surgery on physical therapy and wearing my heals again. I have to take care of my body mechanics, that's on me.
    in Emmett Idaho |
    Dr Doerr has done 3 surgerys of mine and He is thorough and cares for your welfare amazing surgeon and I wouldn't recommend Anyone else He's the Best!!!! Mary White
    Have you seen Dr. Timothy Doerr, MD?
    Are you Dr. Doerr?

Dr. Doerr's Care Philosophy

Return patients to full use through reconstructive surgery & physical therapy

Dr. Doerr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Doerr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Doerr's Board Certifications

• Joint Disorders
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

University Of Colorado

Completed in 1996

Uchsc/ Denver Children's Hospital

Completed in 1997

Dr. Doerr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Doerr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
    • Knee Arthroscopy
    • Knee Replacement
    • Knee Replacement Revision
    • Knee Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Nerve Block, Somatic