Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Elmhurst, IL and has been practicing for 31 years. He specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Cullinane accepts

Dr. Cullinane accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Cullinane's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

• Psychiatry

35.483870967741936%

Dr. Cullinane?
Dr. Cullinane's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD
He almost killed me with all his prescriptions! He had me on 10 mg a day for 30 years. I wound upIn the hospital with seizures!! Stay away from him!!me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
This dr is a pill farm , and his office staff is even worse. The receptionists are legit CRAZY. They should probably be medicated.... they leave nasty voicemails and hang up on you often, demand payment before dr will consider a refill- even when the dr is the one to cancel the appt., they absolutely are incompetent. I truly hope they read these reviews, I’m sure they’ve lost many patients because of the things I’ve mentioned. And I honestly hope I prevent future patients from trying this place.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
He is a pill pusher. Fifteen-?minute appointments with almost no interaction, then more medication is prescribed at each visit. Terrible about getting back to you. I don't know that he is a horrible person, but he is truly a horrible psychiatrist?. He told me that I could quit taking my medications with no problem, and I went through horrible withdrawal which he was "puzzled" by. I stopped seeing him several years ago, found somebody wonderful to help me and have never looked back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
At one appointment Dr. Cullinane asked me, ' How long has it been since the divorce?'. I was stunned because I told him at my first appointment that my husband died of suicide. He has people fill out a survey about how they are feeling. I marked the box that said I felt awful and hopeless. His responded by increasing the dose of my current medicine and telling me to schedule an appointment in 2 months. I found another doctor who correctly diagnosed my illness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
Terrible/horrible experience here. At least twice while I was en route to my appointment (fighting traffic the whole time) I was called and told the doctor wasn't going to be in an I needed to reschedule - and another time I was called the day before. While they do nothing to ease this burden on you, the office staff will be incredibly nasty and rude to you on the phone when you call in with questions. I finally had enough and found another provider. Please look elsewhere!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
Dr. Cullinane does focus on medication for treating psychiatric issues. I suffer from depression and panic attacks and you cant 'talk' yourself out of those issues in a 'therapy' session any more than a gastroenterologist can talk you out of a burst appendix. His philosophy is if some medication improves your quality of life, why tamper with that? Dr. Cullinane gave me my life back and made me a productive member of society again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
Started off with him giving good advice and recommended me to a good therapist, but then led to him giving me tons of different medications that I had horrible side effects to or just didn't work, his solutions to these issues were to just raise or lower the dose, or add another medication on top of the ones I was already taking. He never focused on the root of the problem. On top of that his wait times are horrible, never on schedule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?
Horrible Psychiatrist, communication sucks and all he does is write prescriptions for addictive medications and never addresses the actual mental condition. Office Staff is extremely rude and nasty I would never trust my mental care to this so called Psychiatrist everything about him is horrible horrible horrible down to all his fees, lack of answered messages and again the nasty office staff !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Cullinane, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cullinane?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cullinane treats patients.