Dr. Timothy Chen, MD

Family Medicine ·  Male · Age 35

Dr. Chen

Dr. Timothy Chen, MD is a family medicine specialist in Madison, MS. He specializes in family medicine, men's health medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Chen accepts

Dr. Chen accepts the following insurance:

Mississippi Health Partners

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check if Dr. Chen treats your condition or procedure

• Stitches
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

One of my teaching physicians once told me that if you listen long enough, the patient will tell you what's wrong.Therefore, my idea of good healthcare revolves around listening to the patient. Listening to the patient allows me to practice patient-c...

• Men's Health Medicine
  • Preventive Medicine

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen?
Dr. Chen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Timothy Chen, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Chen is the kindest doctor I have ever seen and takes the time to listen. The nurses also were very kind. I have been needing a general practitioner and so glad I saw Dr. Chen after a friend referred me to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Went in this week having seen others at this clinic, this was the first time with Dr. Chen...who was AWESOME! Took time to listen to my issue, prescribed treatment, and even took care of a problem I the pharmacy had with filling the Rx as it was not covered by my insurance. Dr. Chen took care of that the same day. Excellent service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
The best treatment, ever. From the front desk to the exam. Never been treated this well anywhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Chen for about a year now. I have always been able to get an appointment when I needed it, and I love the way they get you back so quickly! I really get the feeling he is really listening and wanting to proved good care for his patients. The nurses have all been sweet too. My only complaint is that it is sometimes hard to speak to a "real person" if I need a refill on a med or if I am needing a quick appointment. It can take up to 48 hours for someone to call back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Dr Chen and his staff are super accommodating. You can tell that everyone working there enjoys what they do and have a genuine interest in their patients. Dr Chen is so good to take time and listen to you. He is very knowledgable and he is great at sharing his knowledge with you. As for "bed-side manner" no one does it better! I have never once been unsatisfied with the level of service provided at this facility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen was very personable and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Extremely knowledgeable doctor who is very informative listens closely to what myself and my family's ailment is experiencing before diagnosing and dismissing what we are relaying. For that he has by far the most outstanding bedside manner (doctor/patient) I have ever experienced from someone in the medical field particularly in family medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Dr Chen seemed very knowledgeable about a number of different health issues I have. He was also quick to get me follow up appointments with a number of specialists. I am impressed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen has been fantastic. When I make an appointment, I walk in and go straight to a room. I'm in and out between 30 mins to an hour depending on what I need. He never makes me feel rushed. He always listens. I like that I am able to express my opinions and thoughts. He never makes me feel ignorant if my opinions are different than his. I appreciate that he lets me ask questions about my health. More healthcare providers should have this type of mannerism and genuine interest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Chen to anyone seeking a family physician. His friendliness and professionalism gained my trust to keep him as my physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Great personality, very friendly, super knowledgeable
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Definitely recommend this man very highly. He's smart, pleasant and somewhat of a teacher in explaining your problem to you in laymens terms. I've experienced the Chen Experience twice, once for my daughter and again for my husband and both times, the wait in the waiting roomS were reasonable. I would highly encourage anyone seeking to find a good caring physician to try the Chen Experience. Our regular doctor was out and his office recommended Dr. Chen, great to know you are in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Very personable and easy to talk to. Staff also nice and helpful. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Very professional, caring doctor. Very prompt with appointments, have never had to wait to be seen. He really listens to patient's concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen was the first doctor I have seen in a long time that listened and genuinely seemed concerned about helping me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
When Dr. Chen comes in, almost immediately you can feel the charisma and the warm energy that sets you at ease. He's very smiley, super easygoing, very lighthearted fellow. Someone who knows what he's doing, very personable, can see myself being friends with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
I would give Dr Chen and his staff 10 stars. I was taken care of and out of his clinic before my appointment time. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Coudn't ask for more
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?
He is my all time favorite physician. He's compassionate, enjoys his job, is a great listener and handles wining and complaining VERY well, he explains each diagnosis in layman's terms, and has never let me down or treated my reasoning for visit as if I'm wasting his time! I appreciate that! My family and friends see him now too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Chen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chen treats patients.

Compare Providers