Dr. Timothy Alton, MD

Dr. Alton
Telehealth services available

Proliance Orthopedic Associates Ambulatory Surgery

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300 Renton, WA 98055

Dr. Timothy Alton, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Renton, WA. He is affiliated with Valley Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alton to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Alton with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Alton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alton

Dr. Alton?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (19)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (18)
  • Explained conditions well (18)
    My left hip replacement could not have gone more smoothly. My pain level dropped dramatically from the day I had my outpatient surgery. Dr. Alton listens intently and I truly appreciate his bedside manner which is lighthearted and caring. I never felt rushed or marginalized and I firmly believe him when he said I am so happy to help you live without that horrible pain. His staff and support team are all professional, friendly and supportive. I cannot recommend Dr. Timothy Alton highly enough!
    Buzzy Cancilla – Aug 01, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    I was in severe pain in the hip and after the surgery it was gone. The procedure Dr. Alton performed allowed for a shorter recovery and my getting back to doing the things I like.
    Doug – Jun 11, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    I would recommend Dr. Alton to all my friends and family. He explained the procedure thoroughly and did his very best to accommodate my schedule. My hip has never been better! Excellent surgeon with fantastic results!
    Lynn in Puyallup – Jun 09, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton did my knee replacement surgery. I waited many, many years to have this procedure done. Dr. Alton's surgery was 12 out of 10. The experience was above and beyond all my expectations in all areas. Starting with my pre-op appointments to the pre-op instructions and guidance to the actual surgery itself Dr. Alton and everyone on his team were thorough, knowledgeable, very professional and took time to listen to all my questions and concerns. On the day of my surgery the team was efficient and I received very careful and personalized care. Because of Dr. Alton's excellent surgical skill my recovery was better than expected. I did a good deal of research and found Dr. Alton and could not be more pleased with my choice and the wonderful result. If you are considering a knee replacement and trying to find the doctor who will give you the best result, look no further and choose Dr. Alton.
    Mar 11, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    My husband suffered from a badly performed hip revision by a Kaiser surgeon for 6 years. Two years ago we went to a Swedish Orthopedic surgeon who discouraged us from another revision. When we finally found Dr. Alton he told us cheerfully "I can help you". The revision surgery was 2 months ago, today my husband is walking unaided, without a limp and without PAIN for the first time in 8 years. Thank you Dr. Alton
    Howard ROSEMARIN – Mar 06, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    10 out of 10. Great communication and was quick to point out that I could do just a partial replacement. He even called to check in after 6:00pm on the evening of my morning surgery. My scar is almost non existent and my recovery has gone very well. I'm 8 weeks post op and am back to my old self without any pain.
    Mark Petrak – Feb 17, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr Alton replaced both of my hips. He does a GREAT job. He communicates about everything he plans, his work is fantastic. I had an easier recovery than other friends who have had hip surgery. All his team and people working in the office know what they are doing and are friendly and helpful. Dr Alton and his team are who I would recommend to anyone .
    Gary – Feb 14, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    I had a previous posterior hip replacement with good success. However, this current anterior hip replacement is nothing less than phenomenal. My recovery from this hip replacement was two to three times faster than the posterior approach. After only three weeks I had discarded my walker and cane and I have been comfortably walking 1-2 miles a day since. I owe this wonderful result to Dr. Alton’s exceptional skill and great follow up. The UW surgical team of superior professionals were a significant asset during pre/post op which made me feel comfortable and at ease. The overall experience was beyond any positive hyperbole at my grasp. My MANY heartfelt thanks to the entire team and UW for assembling such a capable group of professionals.
    Earl “Duane” Garrison – Feb 11, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton is the best surgeon for total hip replacements in western Washington. After the recommendation from my personal doctor to seek out Dr. Alton, I did my homework, made my appointment and decided to choose Dr. Alton and his team to replace my right hip. His work on my hip was excellent. I was walking without aid in about 2 weeks. I thought his work is so good, when my left hip needed to be replaced I called Dr. Alton and his team to replace my left hip 11 months later. Aside from the COVID protocol that was required this time around, my experience was nearly identical. I especially appreciated call from Dr. Alton to check on my recovery. That showed me how dedicated he was to me and my recovery to call me himself. I can never thank Dr .Alton enough. I am walking pain free for the first time in 12 years.
    Curtis Smalls – Feb 06, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    After over 10 years of suffering with a bad left hip due to Osteo arthritis I made an appt. with my Orthopedic surgeon. After reviewing the Xrays with me he explained that I was in need a total hip replacement unfortunately he did not perform the Anterior approach surgery and referred me to Dr. Alton. He is a miracle worker and gave me my life back! I was using a walker for a week afterwards and than a cane when I left the house. The pain was minimal and was treated with pain meds as needed. I highly recommend him!
    Jann Strasbaugh – Sep 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton did a surgical excision of my knee bursa in November 2019. I'm a carpet installer and was worrying if I would be able to kneel again to install carpet. Dr. Alton did a great job. My knee healed and I started working again. I highly recommend him!
    YEVGENIY D GAVRYLYUK – Apr 16, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    I found Dr. Alton when I needed both hips replaced for a second time. One had a tumor and tissue damage and the other required all of the components to be removed. Dr. Alton's knowledge got me back on my feet. He is compassionate, friendly and know what he is doing. I would tell anyone who is looking for a hip doctor to go to him.
    Jennifer Walker – Sep 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton replaced my right hip in May 2018 everything went great! 2019 Dr. Alton replaced my left hip everything went better this time than last time. I have great confidence in Dr. Alton. He informed me to what was going to happen he took the time to help me understand the procedure. Dr. Alton took his time with me he actually made me feel like I mattered instead of rushing me thru like I was part of a herd. I told Dr. Alton that this replacement in 2019 was amazing and that my back pain which I have had for years was now gone!! I am a very happy patient. If you are thinking about having a hip replaced Dr. Alton will do an amazing job. When you enter into the hospital and you do not know what is going to happen it is a bit challenging but the staff of nurses and other care givers they have put your mind at ease. The treatment I received was great! I was very impressed with the care I was given and it was done with sincerity. I hope you have as wonderful an experience as I
    James Storer – Sep 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton gave me exceptional care, his staff and assistants were professional and supportive. My injury was due to an accident which resulted in a Tibia plateau fracture with open fixation. The surgery went smoothly with a great result. Very little pain except after surgery. Rehab was a breeze and when I was in need he and his staff was supportive and helpful. Couldn't ask for better care. If you need an orthopedic surgeon, go no further, you won't be disappointed.
    Sep 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Outstanding doctor and person, Dr. Alton took me on as a patient after 3 years of excrutiating hip pain. Most surgeons would not help me due to y size. Dr. Alton worked with me to get healthy and made the surgery safe. After so much pain I woke up after surgery with no pain, I was off pain meds in 2.5 days and walking 5 hours after the procedure. An a personal level, Dr. Alton truly seems to care about me as a person and patient. He has very compassionate and his medical experience is outstanding. My GP recommended Dr. Alton and told me he is the surgeon that people are referred to when their initial joint replacement (knee/hip) had issues. I would highly recommend Dr. Alton. He truly gave me my life back.
    Bruce Fyfe – Sep 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton and his Proliance team are great. The knee replacement went wonderfully well and I was home by 5:00 pm the next day. Did all my physical therapy and have full movement in my leg. I would recommend him to all that need knee surgery.
    Jo-Ann Hermanson – Sep 04, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    I had a very complicated injury to my right leg and knee. Dr. Alton saved my leg, it really feels as though he saved my life in some ways. He has great bedside manner and took the time to make sure that I knew what to expect. I am so blessed that he was there to repair my femur and knee
    rita Schwarting – Aug 20, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Dr. Alton is very genuine, personable, trustworthy and extremely skilled as an Orthopedic surgeon. Not only does he take the time to listen, but he also educates patients with their treatment options. He strives to make sure each patient has the best possible outcome and he is definitely someone who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to my family and friends.
    Aug 12, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    Horrendous--Buyer Beware! I trusted this surgeon solely on the referral of Dr. Huang who is amazing. He highly recommended him and I regret 100% taking that suggestion. This surgeon has great experience. He is extremely energetic and personable. Don't be fooled. He make be skilled in the OR but if you have a complex medical history he is way under qualified. I would RUN before placing my trust in him for another surgery. Anyone who is Distal Roux end y Gastric Bypass--he isn't qualified post op
    Apr 15, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?
    After a knee infection I found that Doctor Alton was able to replace that knee with a spacer and Antibiotics and months later give me a new knee. I have now met a Doctor who cares and knows what to do in this kind of situation. Anyone should feel confident that they are getting the very best in this kind of situation or any other. Thank you, DR. Alton
    Betty A Dalke in Auburn, WA – Oct 31, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Timothy Alton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alton?

Dr. Alton is a dual fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon. He completed his first fellowship in fracture surgery at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle,...Read more

William Barrett M.D. Direct Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty