Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 57

Dermatology

Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD is a Dermatologist in Port Saint Lucie, FL and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ioannides has extensive experience in Mohs Surgery, Skin Cancer & Excision, and Cosmetic Skin Procedures. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital and HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD

Treasure Coast Dermatology

140 SW Chamber Ct Ste 200 Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986

Dr. Ioannides' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ioannides

2.9

Likes to cut
He definitely likes to cut but does not suture well. My sutures came undone after only 3 days resulting in a large WIDE scar. Don't let him touch you...there are a number of excellent dermatologists in the area. I wholeheartedly recommend treasure coast dermatology. Do a little research and you will discover he was reprimanded and fined for claiming he did more liquid nitrogen burn removals than he actually did. He may have a good bedside manner but that is to suck you in. When he took a huge chunk out of my 98 year old mother's face while i was in the room, i questioned him on how he was going to suture the wound closed. He became very angry and shouted at me to get out of the room. So much for his bedside manner!!
Aug 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Very knowledgeable about scleroderma, hives & acne
Let me first begin by saying I am a nurse and a mother. I have scleroderma, hives and acne, with a family history of skin cancer. This office was recommended to me by a friend, after disappointing results from two other local dermatology practices. Dr. Ioannides really listed to what was happening and thoroughly examined my skin. Some doctors hardly make eye contact and hurry through appointments, but not Dr. Ioannides - he took his time to figure out what was going on and how to fix it. He pulled research articles to teach me and to explain what was causing the hives, and prescribed treatments that actually worked for my acne. My skin has never looked so good. Skin is the largest organ on the body, and he really cared to make mine better. I have been so happy - I sent my daughter to see him as well. Oh - and the office staff are super friendly. I would put ten stars on this review if it let me!!
Melissa – Jul 05, 2022
Great
The doctor provides great service. Takes good care of his patients.
Freeman Dail – May 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
I had a biopsy on my forehead and my jawline. Both were cancerous and they recommended the MOHS treatment. I went for the first one on my jaw and the scar is really rough - not very well done. I went back for the one on my forehead where the skin is really tight. I could not see how he would be able to suture it together after excising a nickel size circle. He said no problem however I felt it was a problem and ended the appointment and went to a plastic surgeon. I am now scheduled to have the procedure done at the hospital as the incision will require certain technique to properly close. I would not recommend this doctor for anything more than "burn offs".
  • Long wait times
Jun 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Usually he freezes things off of me ,but I’ve had Mohs surgery. They call you back and tell you what’s wrong if they do a biopsy. Because of sun damage I have a lot of pre- skin cancer & basal cell carcinoma & squamous cell skin cancers. My niece & I have terrible scares from other dermatologists , He’s the best by far & were from Miami. My niece is a nurse practitioner & she was really impressed. You won’t be sorry if you go to Dr Ioannides. Sincerely Kathie Sikes
Kathie Sikes – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Such a kind and present physician
Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
CAUTION: Prior to allowing this individual to perform or supervise any dermatological procedure, I caution you to be extremely careful and explore OTHER options. I went in to remove a cyst on my back neck below the hair line (epidermal inclusion cyst). He had a resident perform the procedure and she did a surgical removal that resulted in a horrible incision. I have horrible scarring, and what should have been a straight-line incision ended up in an L shaped incision. In addition, his bed side manner was absolutely atrocious. He actively saw her poor methodology and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to correct her. I’ve had an absolutely traumatic experience and had to invest additional time, money and emotional distress, to do a corrective procedure. When I went back to get it reviewed by other dermatologist, they were appalled by the technique and discredited the entire procedure, given the small size of the cyst and the large size of the incision. Please, please, please, please, be carefu
May 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
He is a very caring and thorough physician. Like the old time doctors we had when we were young. And he gives back to the community; donating to the police department of PSL. I recommend him highly for the excellent care he gives me and also he is a man of integrity. I always feel better after I've seen him for my yearly appointment.
May 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
My mother and my son get there for his appt and are made to wait for 2 HOURS to see the dr. finally go back, the dr starts questioning my son about things that have absolutely nothing to do with his acne issue. When my mother tries to interject he has my mother AND the nurse leave the room, leaving him alone with my 16 yr old son. When my mother returns to the room my son is crying and having an anxiety attack. Dr. tells my son either answer his questions or he can leave. need more room!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
TARA MACLACHLAN in FORT PIERCE, FL – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
A fantastic doctor. He has been my dermatologist for 19 years. He truly cares about the wellbeing of his patients. His work in developing a potential cure for skin cancer demonstrates his unselfishness in that, when approved, it will probably have a significant reduction in his practice. He not only maintains a wonderful practice he is also a huge supporter of the local community.
Jim Coleman in Port Saint Lucie, FL – Jan 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Stay away from this physician!! I should have listened to the reviews that he stitches like a 5th grader.. My doctor said it was the worst basic surgery she has ever seen. Also his staff tells you to put things on your stitches that make things even worse. But sadly even he told me to put something on my wound which had no basis for my recovery after surgery and prolonged my pain and suffering! He should have his license revoked by medicare for such poor practices and procedures!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
THP – Jan 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Great Dr, I’ve seen him for about 5 years. I used to work for a Dermatologist and have seen several over the years .
James Smith – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
I definitely would/do refer Dr. Ioannides to whomever mentions dermatology. Very professional, caring, and exacting. Did I mention pain-free? I would never go anywhere else. Staff are all easy going professionals who do whatever they can to make your visit anxiety free. ( I have Dr. anxiety) I am never rushed and he is available when I need him.
Sharon Rice in Ft Pierce, FL – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
Leaving my dermatologist for the past 25+ years to relocate to the PSL area I did call my former doctor for a referral and Dr. Ioannides was quickly mentioned; to which I am very grateful as not only is he a seasoned pro but his genuine caring about his patient's and their well being is reassuring. His knowledge, skill and demeanor are a welcomed change! His support staff and nurse's are reflective of the doctor...excellent in every way.
David R Fredrickson in Port Saint Lucie, FL – Oct 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?
competent considerate practical thorough has treated myself and extended family for more than ten years.
robert ferguson in Coral Springs, FL – Dec 01, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ioannides?

• Dermatology

Mt Sinai Med Center Of Fl
Shands Jacksonville Med Center
1993
University of Miami / School of Medicine

What other Dermatologists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dermatologists.

What are Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Ioannides frequently treats Mohs Surgery, Skin Cancer & Excision, and Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Ioannides specializes.

Where is Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD's office located?

Dr. Ioannides' office is located at 140 SW Chamber Ct Ste 200, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Ioannides has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Tim Ioannides, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ioannides

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ioannides treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ioannides treats other conditions, please contact the office at (772) 878-3376.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Ioannides is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
Mohs Surgery
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Ioannides is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Excision of Skin Lesion
Actinic Keratosis
Carcinoma in Situ of Skin

Cosmetic Skin Procedures

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Skin Procedures specialists.

Dr. Ioannides is experienced in the area of Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Excision of Skin Lesion
Skin Discoloration
Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
Skin Tag Removal

Skin Conditions

Compare with other Skin Conditions specialists.

Dr. Ioannides is experienced in the area of Skin Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 42 conditions and procedures

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Warts

Dr. Ioannides accepts

Dr. Ioannides accepts the following insurance:

Select HMO

Treasure Coast Dermatology

Treasure Coast Dermatology140 SW Chamber Ct Ste 200 Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986

Treasure Coast Dermatology1260 37th St Ste 101 Vero Beach, FL 32960

Dr. Ioannides is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital

Stuart, FL

67% Patients that would definitely recommend, 3% lower than the national average

1 Award Received

HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital

Fort Pierce, FL

55% Patients that would definitely recommend, 15% lower than the national average

3 Awards Received