Dr. Tim Carlson, MD

Dr. Tim Carlson, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Tim Carlson, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in South Pasadena, FL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

Learn about Dr. Carlson

Dr. Carlson's Experience

Dr. Carlson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Carlson I believe in old-fashioned care, one patient at a time. I never forget each patient in need. My greatest pride is to provide healthcare not only to my private office patients, but to the underserved in our community.

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Abnormal Thyroid
  • Acidosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Postoperative Pain
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Alkalosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Asthma
  • Ataxia
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bedsores
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Dizziness
  • Dry Eyes
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Essential Tremor
  • Febrile Convulsion
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Otitis Media
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Rib Fracture
  • Ringworm
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis

Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Bayfront Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

• Physician of the Year, Edward White Hospital, St. Peterburg, FL, 2006
  • America's Top Family Doctors, Consumers Research Council of America, 2007-2010
  • Nursing Excellence Award , Bayfront Health Systems, 2003
  • Physician Assistant of the Year, presented by Ciba-Geigy Pharmaceutical Corporation, 1994

Dr. Carlson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carlson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carlson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carlson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carlson to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Carlson's Performance
in Largo, FL |
Dr. Carlson has been my primary care physician for several years and is the best! I recommend him without any reservations. Ray Ballou
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Carlson is a very personable, caring and professional physician. He always makes himself available for emergencies, and office visits are always timely..
in St Petersburg, FL |
I am going to love Dr Carlson. Has a great personality, he made me feel comfortable right off the bat. Love the view LOL. My nurse was also awesome.
Hello Kim, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I will make sure I share it with Dr. Carlson and the staff.
Pinellas Park, FL |
Dr. Carlson has been my mom's doctor for over 10 years and has done any excellent job of helping my mom manage her health in a way that is agreeable to her. He always uses lighthearted humor to keep her doctor visits positive and upbeat while still addressing her issues. He respects my moms right to have an opinion about her healthcare and has sincerely worked hard to make sure she has the best medical care possible. My mom and I really appreciate Dr. Carlson!
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Carlson is excellent! He really cares about is patients and is very passionate about his profession. I highly recommend this doctor!
in St. Petersburg FL |
Dr. Carlson is a professional, knowledgable, personable, and caring doctor. He has excellent bed side manners. Dr. Carlson is the best doctor I've ever had, in my life. He is a keeper.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Carlson cares about you an spends time answering all your questions. He's friendly an really knows how to treat you. The staff is also wonderful, very friendly. I highly recommend him!
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with Dr. Carlson and our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
St Petersburg, Florida |
Dr Carlson is absolutely fantastic. His office staff are also terrific.Hardly any waiting and always pleasant. I highly recommend you try it out.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share these thoughts. We love to see and hear reviews like this, we will be sure to pass along the kind words!
in Orlando, FL |
Not only the BEST Doctor I've seen in my 65 years, I can talk to him like the FRIEND he is. The ladies who work for him r friendly, knowledge able and care. HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!
North Redington Beach |
I have been going to Dr. Carlson for over five years. I highly recommend him and his staff. Dr. Carlson is a compassionate, caring doctor that takes time to talk with me about my health and concerns. The staff is very efficient and always nice. I recommend Dr. Carlson to family and friends without hesitation!
St Petersburg, FL |
My husband and I always have a positive experience with Dr. Carlson and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Carlson
in St Petersburg, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Carlson to anyone seeking caring, professional medical care. Dr. Carlson goes above and beyond to explain to his patients the details of their current medical situations. And he does so in language you can understand. He follows up on his treatment plans and provides you with a summary of your current visit. He treats each patient as an individual (not just another statistic).
in St Pete |
I highly recommend Dr. Tim Carlson. When you first walk into his office the staff is very friendly and everything was neat and clean. My first visit with Dr. Carlson was like no other.... he actually took the time to listen to what I had to say and had an actual conversation with me, unlike most doctor visits where the Dr. walks into the room, asks a quick question and is onto the next patient. If you are looking for a quality doctor that is actually concerned about your health, see Dr. Carlson
in St Petersburg, Florids |
Excellent Doctor!! Takes time to understand the health issue @ the time of each medical visit!!
in St Petersburg, FL |
Excellent doctor! Makes the patient feel important. Not in a rush and listens.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr Carlson reminds me of the old time Doctor who made house calls. He is sincerely interested in your concerns and spends all the time necessary to help with your issues. He is a great Doctor. I highly respect his dedication to his patients. I also am so impressed with his staff, very efficient and kind.
in Seminole, FL |
Dr. Carlson is by far the best doctor I've seen! His bedside manner can't be beat! His staff is fantastic and after just one visit, they'll all know you by name. I've recommended Dr. Carlson to many people in my short time here simply because of how great I think the practice is as a whole. The office manager, Danielle, is also just awesome! If you're looking for a quality physician, look no further!
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
This is the best experience I've had with any doctor in the area. He is a great guy with great personality. He treats his patients with the utmost respect and his office staff was also great! The environment was very comfortable and they actually care about their patients! A very rare thing, especially in the pinellas county area! The wait time was really short and they were quick to get me in and out without any kind of hassle! I definitely will recommend this place to everyone!
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with Dr. Carlson and our staff. Our practice aims to deliver the highest quality patient care. We love to hear about these positive experiences. Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Pinellas Park, FL |
He takes the time you need and works very hard for you. He and his staff are pleasant and helpful.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Like an old-fashioned doc, he listens, he talks, he strategizes and gives advice and counsel. Easy to talk with, easy to get an appointment, and he's a really nice guy.
in Seminole, FL |
Dr. Carlson is hands down the BEST doctor. He gets you back in the room without any wait times. He takes the time to talk to you as a person and a patient. He is personable, knowledgeable, patient and kind. If you are looking for a new doctor look no more, Dr. Carlson is the one! His staff is also very professional and helpful. Anytime I need anything or have a question, they have the answer and always call back when they say they are going to. His office is a very calming and soothing en
in Saint Petersburg |
He has been my primary physician for yrs. and is highly unusual in that he has been able to master the art of engaging the patient, to the point of leading us to believe it is possible that there are yet physicians who have maintained their humanity and who can put their patients at ease, while leading us along the path to better health, as opposed to the more common detached behavior of many professionals in the field of healthcare. Kudos, Dr. Carlson!
in St. Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Carlson is professional, caring and advocates for his patients like no other physician I have ever met. I have been thru some very serious health issues and the doctor has always been there for me, always helping me find solutions to difficult health issues. Very caring, listens and helps to keep me healthy! Thanks, Dr. Tim Carlson
in St Petersburg, FL |
We are extremely satisfied with the care received and trust him highly to make the right decision for treatment at the earliest possible moment. His caring for patients is evident by the way he answers questions understandable to lay people.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr Carlson is a breath of fresh air. He is what a doctor should be. He truly cares about the patient. He takes his time, explains everything, and he (DR. CARLSON) called and set up a referral, while I was in his office. I have never seen a doctor do that, he really does go the extra mile for patients. I have never had a more positive experience with a doctor, than I did with Dr. Carlson. I changed doctors 3 time this past year because of poor health care. CARLSON IS THE BEST.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I have been a patient if Dr Carlson's for 3 years. He is a straight forward honest Doctor, who genuinely cares for his patients. Reminds me of the little town Doctor that remembers everything about you and your family, which makes you feel I am a valuable patient. I love that he has found a medical office with staff that are friendly, caring and quick, which is a 360 degree difference from his previous office.
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
What a great practice and Doctor. I would refer them to all my family and friends!
in St Petersburg, FL |
Possibly the best general physician I have every seen. He is caring, concerned and professional. The complete package with a bedside manner. This comes from his earlier career as a nurse...he knows people.
Have you seen Dr. Tim Carlson, MD?

Visit Dr. Carlson

• CoreSource
    Wellpath Preferred PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
    Employer Group Open Access HMO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO