Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD

Dr. Ziering

Thomas S Ziering MD LLC Healthcare for ALL Families

1201 MOUNT KEMBLE AVE Morristown, NJ 07960

(908) 221-1919

Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD is a Family Medicine Specialist in Morristown, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Goryeb Children's Center at Overlook Hospital and Morristown Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ziering to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Family Medicine Specialists in your area

See similar Family Medicine Specialists in Morristown

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Ziering accepts

(908) 221-1919

Dr. Ziering accepts the following insurance:

We are a Concierge's Practice and out of network with Insurance Plans. If you have additional questions, please call the office directly.

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Ataxia
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Emphysema
  • End-of-Life Issues
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Essential Tremor
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gonorrhea Screening
  • Hair Loss
  • Healthy Aging
  • Heart Disease
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • High Cholesterol
  • HIV Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Immunization Administration
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Insomnia
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lyme Disease
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nosebleed
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Overweight
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening
  • Prostatitis
  • Reflux Esophagitis
  • Ringworm
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tinnitus
  • Transgender Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Ziering's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ziering

4.0

Dr. Ziering?
Can I give a less than one star review? I have been seeing him since he started and was thrilled when he became a part of Summit. This “DR” posted conditions that we NEVER discussed. Now it is in my record. No wonder why Summit Medical Group cut him loose. Stay away
Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr. Ziering is the kind of doctor you'd find in a third world country (trust me, you'd be surprised with the quality of care you'll get as long as you have means) where you pay for what you get in cash. I support him moving away from insurance because it allows him to focus on quality care. I always get seen in a timely fashion and get to see Doctor Ziering for at least an hour each visit where we are able to build a proper professional relationship. Reminds me of growing up in the Caribbean. His service is superior to most doctors who take insurance and more concerned about the number of patients they can see in a day to put money in insurance and healthcare systems' pockets. I love Dr. Ziering and can't see myself with any other primary care provider. I trust his work and commitment to taking care of his patients along with his excellent team. If you are looking for a "Drive-Thru" experience then you should visit an urgent care.
Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr. Ziering is the best doctor I’ve ever been, too because he loves his job and it shows. He is compassionate, kind, thorough, but most importantly he always figures out what my ailment is and the proper course of action. I feel so welcome when I’m in his office, his staff is warm and I know Dr. Ziering will give me as much time as I need to explain what’s going on with me or ask questions. Even after my office visits I can reach out to him and he even checks up on me to see how I’m feeling. I’ve never experienced that from another doctor. I can’t recommend him enough or put into words how he has made my quality of life better over the years with proper diagnosis and his extensive knowledge of pharmacology. He’s one of a kind and I’m so happy he is my doctor.
Sondra G. – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Excellent diagnostic skills and takes the time to get to know his patients. The best of the best! Seven years ago, I received a phone call from Dr Thomas Ziering wanting to know why I had not scheduled my annual physical. Thomas reminded me of the heart problems that claimed my Father life years earlier. I explained I had been busy and frankly had not prioritized the appointment. Thomas told me to get in the next morning and have my physical. I was met by Thomas when I arrived and was promptly informed “I looked like crap “. Dr Ziering saved my life by diagnosing my heart problem prior to a heart attack. His diagnoses seven years ago, resulted in a immediate triple bypass which certainly saved my life. Dr. Thomas Ziering is a wonderful, compassionate Doctor and a exceptional Human being.
Knut Holzer – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr. Ziering, is one of the only doctors I know that actually likes being a doctor, he has been my primary doctor for 25 years and I would have no other doctor treat me, I practice alternative medicine and he understands my needs and concerns, I am grateful for his care . SR
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
very much. very compassionate.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr Ziering is an exceptional Dr who is very knowledgeable and caring. I am quite impressed with all the different types of services he offers. The staff is very helpful, kind, and friendly. I highly recommend Dr Ziering and his dedication to excellence in healthcare for ALL FAMILIES.
Jennifer in East Hanover, NJ – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
I would never recommend him. Our experience was aweful and I would never trust him with my child again.
Basking Ridge – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Best experience ever. Dr. Ziering is incredibly kind and makes going to the doctors a fun experience and not an avoidable task. First time leaving an appointment feeling good. Would definitely recommend!!!
Joe in New jersey – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
I've been going to LGBT physicians almost exclusively for over 15yrs so when I moved to NJ I was worried I wouldn't be able to find the kind of specialized care I had become used to. Thank god I found Dr. Z. He's right up there with the best of then. When he left Summit and stopped accepting insurance, I was worried, but his office staff made the reimbursement process a cinch. Most offices that don't accept insurance won't help with the reimbursement process but they go Above & Beyond. Thank you
New York, NY – Oct 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Listens and takes time to know you as a person. He will spend the time need to understand your needs. Very much appreciate his commitment to patient first.
Bernards Township, NJ – Aug 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
He recently went into private practice and no longer accepts any insurance. This defeats the entire reason for insurance. My most visit cost me $275 out of pocket to Dr Ziering even though I pay over $400 per month for Horizon. To add insult to injury, when they submit the invoice to Horizon for reimbursement, it was declined. Have to find another doctor to keep me out of the poorhouse.
DB in Basking Ridge, NJ – Aug 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Leaving Summit Medical Group has essentially destroyed this practice. I spent 2.5 hours in the office for a routine physical in April. This wasn't just waiting in the waiting room. It was waiting in the exam room as Dr. Ziering popped in and out, attending to various matters. The billing is the real horror though. I've spent hours of my life trying to get reimbursed for the $800+ I needed to spend out of pocket. Receipts and codes constantly wrong; I'm on my third receipt from this office. Never
Charlie in Asbury Park, NJ – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
As a gay woman, finding a Dr. to whom I can speak frankly about my health is hard. Most look at you with more questions than answers and accusations rather than acceptance. Dr. Ziering is above and beyond anything I could have asked for. Comforting, knowledgeable, engaging, and I will no longer avoid a Drs visit. My wife who is trans masculine will be going there as well without hesitations. Having a Dr specifically for the LGBTQ community is SO important. I can no emphasis this enough!!!
Lodi, NJ – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
I found Dr. Ziering to be especially good at listening to my problem, and i suggesting a solution that was elegantly simple and it works!
Joe Prather in Far Hills, NJ – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr. Ziering is definitely the physician I have been looking for. He takes the time to listen to the patient and then assess the problems. He gives a through diagnosis. Sure, you may read that the wait time is long, but I would gladly sacrifice time for a correct prognosis. Dr. Ziering is well versed and current with his field. He listens and is direct and to the point.
John in Monroe Township, NJ – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Warm, consistent, and comprehensive approach to patient care. Takes the time to understand full patient picture. I really appreciate that he writes very detailed notes for me so I don't have to try to remember everything he told me and I can better coordinate care with other providers. Therapy dog is a nice, touch. Also, best appointed waiting room of any doctor I've ever seen (love the toy carnival).
Michael in Madison, NJ – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Doctor Ziering is the best!!! Caring, a terrific listener, wicked smart and a great sense of humor. Characteristics that lead to the best medical care one could ever expect. He loves medicine, he loves his patients and it shows during the entire exam or consultation.
bill in New York, NY – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Dr. Ziering is wonderful! When you walk in, you are greeted by a warm and friendly staff, as well as a number of trinkets/collectables decorating the office. While there is a bit of a wait, Dr. Ziering spends his time with you, he is thorough and explains everything to you, making sure that you understand. In addition to being very knowledgeable, he is sincere, funny, and makes you feel at ease while doing the best he can for you based on his clinical judgement.
Connie in Newark, NJ – Nov 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
This was my initial visit with Dr. Ziering, however as the visit progressed, it was like talking to a friend I had known for a while.
Daniel Wilson in Basking Ridge, NJ – Nov 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ziering?

Our Philosophy is quite simple.  Our goal is bring together the three goals of good medical care:  Mind, Body and Spirit.  Our office has been designed to resemble someone's living room to remove the fear (and smells) of a sterile doct...Read more

• Adult Medicine