Family Medicine  |
Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD
Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Bernardsville, NJ. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Ziering is affiliated with Morristown Medical Center.

39 Olcott Sq

Bernardsville, NJ 07924

(908) 221-1919

Learn about Dr. Ziering

Dr. Ziering's Experience

Dr. Ziering's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Asthma
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Ataxia
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chest Pain
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Depression
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Emphysema
  • End-of-Life Issues
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Essential Tremor
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Healthy Aging
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Insomnia
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lyme Disease
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nosebleed
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Reflux Esophagitis
  • Ringworm
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Transgender Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Viral Enteritis

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Somerset Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Somerset Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Ziering has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ziering does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ziering and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ziering's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ziering to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Ziering's Performance
in New jersey |
Best experience ever. Dr. Ziering is incredibly kind and makes going to the doctors a fun experience and not an avoidable task. First time leaving an appointment feeling good. Would definitely recommend!!!
New York, NY |
I've been going to LGBT physicians almost exclusively for over 15yrs so when I moved to NJ I was worried I wouldn't be able to find the kind of specialized care I had become used to. Thank god I found Dr. Z. He's right up there with the best of then. When he left Summit and stopped accepting insurance, I was worried, but his office staff made the reimbursement process a cinch. Most offices that don't accept insurance won't help with the reimbursement process but they go Above & Beyond. Thank you
Bernards Township, NJ |
Listens and takes time to know you as a person. He will spend the time need to understand your needs. Very much appreciate his commitment to patient first.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
He recently went into private practice and no longer accepts any insurance. This defeats the entire reason for insurance. My most visit cost me $275 out of pocket to Dr Ziering even though I pay over $400 per month for Horizon. To add insult to injury, when they submit the invoice to Horizon for reimbursement, it was declined. Have to find another doctor to keep me out of the poorhouse.
in Asbury Park, NJ |
Leaving Summit Medical Group has essentially destroyed this practice. I spent 2.5 hours in the office for a routine physical in April. This wasn't just waiting in the waiting room. It was waiting in the exam room as Dr. Ziering popped in and out, attending to various matters. The billing is the real horror though. I've spent hours of my life trying to get reimbursed for the $800+ I needed to spend out of pocket. Receipts and codes constantly wrong; I'm on my third receipt from this office. Never
in Short Hills, NJ |
So happy the Summit Medical Group and every insurance company in America knows he's a fraud.
Lodi, NJ |
As a gay woman, finding a Dr. to whom I can speak frankly about my health is hard. Most look at you with more questions than answers and accusations rather than acceptance. Dr. Ziering is above and beyond anything I could have asked for. Comforting, knowledgeable, engaging, and I will no longer avoid a Drs visit. My wife who is trans masculine will be going there as well without hesitations. Having a Dr specifically for the LGBTQ community is SO important. I can no emphasis this enough!!!
in Far Hills, NJ |
I found Dr. Ziering to be especially good at listening to my problem, and i suggesting a solution that was elegantly simple and it works!
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Dr. Ziering is definitely the physician I have been looking for. He takes the time to listen to the patient and then assess the problems. He gives a through diagnosis. Sure, you may read that the wait time is long, but I would gladly sacrifice time for a correct prognosis. Dr. Ziering is well versed and current with his field. He listens and is direct and to the point.
in Madison, NJ |
Warm, consistent, and comprehensive approach to patient care. Takes the time to understand full patient picture. I really appreciate that he writes very detailed notes for me so I don't have to try to remember everything he told me and I can better coordinate care with other providers. Therapy dog is a nice, touch. Also, best appointed waiting room of any doctor I've ever seen (love the toy carnival).
in New York, NY |
Doctor Ziering is the best!!! Caring, a terrific listener, wicked smart and a great sense of humor. Characteristics that lead to the best medical care one could ever expect. He loves medicine, he loves his patients and it shows during the entire exam or consultation.
in Newark, NJ |
Dr. Ziering is wonderful! When you walk in, you are greeted by a warm and friendly staff, as well as a number of trinkets/collectables decorating the office. While there is a bit of a wait, Dr. Ziering spends his time with you, he is thorough and explains everything to you, making sure that you understand. In addition to being very knowledgeable, he is sincere, funny, and makes you feel at ease while doing the best he can for you based on his clinical judgement.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
This was my initial visit with Dr. Ziering, however as the visit progressed, it was like talking to a friend I had known for a while.
in Mendham N.J. |
Dr. Tom Ziering is a wonderful and amazing man .He devotes his life to his patients and his practice. If you are fortunate enough to be one of his patients, you will quickly realize that this doctor is one in a million. He is competent, smart, sensitive, and incredibly caring. When you are with him, you feel like your are his only patient. He is 100% focused on your medical issue and it's impact on your life. His amazing staff are friendly, thorough, knowledgeable and hands on. A+++++
in South Orange, NJ |
Upon entering his office, I was welcomed kindly by his staff member, Violeta. She walked me through the entire intake process kindly. As a new patient, I felt like I was given appropriate attention to make sure I was comfortable in the new setting. Dr. Ziering is kind and took time to get to know me and my health history. He is incredibly friendly. He is clear and concise and upfront about the care he will provide and his recommendations.
in Bedminster, NJ |
As Dr. Ziering has been my Dr. for 15+ years I truthfully feel he has done nothing but greatly improved my health over this time. His up-front honesty in regards to my well being is what everyone should look for in a physician. I never feel rushed , he always asks the right questions and he is a passionate man who's interest is in my future. Recently he detected an abnormality during a routine exam... I'm grateful he found it as it turned out to be cancer. A great Doctor,A good man.
in Boonton, NJ |
It took me 26 years to find a doctor that I felt this comfortable with. Dr. Ziering is hands down the most professional and down to earth doctor I have ever had. He encourages me to be fully transparent with him and fosters a safe and comfortable environment when talking about tough topics. His staff is always friendly and helpful, and I'd drive or fly hours to keep him if I ever had to relocate. I have learned so much about staying healthy and disease prevention. I'm so grateful for him.
in Springfield, NJ |
Dr. Ziering is thorough, attentive and knowledgeable. He has a wonderful bedside manner and created an open, inclusive, and informative environment in which I could share my health concerns.
in Mendham, NJ |
Dr Ziering is a phenominal doctor. I began seeing him early last year on a recommendation from a friend who has a very complicated medical history. Dr. Ziering has proven to be incredibly knowledgeable with attention to detail. He is also very caring and is interested in me as a "whole" person. Shortly after my first physica, l I developed a very severe pulmonary infection. His treatment for me was spot on. I am a nurse and I can, without hesitation, give him the highest recommendation.
in Mendham, NJ |
Dr. Ziering is the finest doctor to whom I have gone in years. He is kind, diligent, thorough and, above all, highly professional. His histories and detail are impeccable and have been relied upon by other physicians in his group. I cannot recommend him more highly.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
My parents have been Seeing dr Ziering since I was 5, now that I'm an adult or young adult, I still go to him because he understands what I deal with with my health issue and keeps my privacy from my family because I'm over 18. I really like that he treats me like an adult and has never steered me wrong. I think sohighly of him I asked him to write a letter of recommendation for my college apps, wrote a great one. i don't agree with the lady that said he has a god complex he's so down to earth!!
in Somerville, NJ |
I refer my friends and my patients to Dr. Ziering with complete confidence. He was my physician when I lived in Somerset County. I found him to be thorough and skillful. The feedback that I receive about him is always positive, especially regarding his diagnostic ability and interpersonal manner. He is a good communicator and collaborator. In all ways, I believe that Tom Ziering is a physician worthy of high praise!
in Centerville, MA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ziering for 10 years....In that time, Dr. Ziering 's empathy and professionalism have been outstanding... he always takes plenty of time to listen to my concerns and to follow up.....His office staff is so personable and makes every effort to squeeze me in if I need to see the Doctor....I have referred many friends to Dr. Ziering and they too rave about the great Doctor he is....I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Ziering and his staff
in Union City, NJ |
Dr. Ziering's team, are extremely welcoming, warm, competent and professional. I have had several very good doctors attending to my medical care, Dr Ziering is by far the most competent, caring and thorough Its hard to believe that this type of practice still exist. I have recommended Dr Ziering to three friends.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
Stay away from him. Has GOD complex.! Beware of his patient notes. He alleges things in his patient notes and exaggerates facts without giving proper diagnosis. Extremely unprofessional too. He doesn't respect one's time and makes you wait at least an hour. He's in it for the money!
in Burlington, NJ |
The doctor lied to me. Then,insisted on my first visit to change a medication regimen established and used for 8 years. When I pointed out obvious discrepancies, his staff became defensive instead of corrective and he rescinded service: his lie I will never turn you away
in Bedminster, NJ |
Dr. Ziering is an excellent physician! He truly cares for his patients. Several specialists have told me Dr. Ziering is very thorough and is an exceptional doctor. I could not ask for more from a physician.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Ziering, MD?
Are you Dr. Ziering?