Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD

Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

The Hand Treatment Center 8417 Fort Hamilton Pkwy Brooklyn, NY 11209 Get Directions

The hand is one of our most important organs and requires specialized care. That is why Dr. Woloszyn and the Hand Treatment Center takes your hand health so seriously. We treat our patients as we would treat our own family members. The Hand Treatment Center offers specialized medical care. We believe that hand and upper extremity problems, no matter how simple or complex should be treated by the most qualified professional: a hand surgeon,

Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Woloszyn is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital.

Dr. Woloszyn's Experience

See how Dr. Woloszyn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Woloszyn

Dr. Woloszyn accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Woloszyn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Woloszyn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Woloszyn to family and friends
Dr. Woloszyn's Performance
Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Woloszyn is the best doctor for any hand problem. Highly recommend him. I had two hand surgeries for carpal tunnel ... both my hands are pain free now ... no problems at all!!! Marie Snyder
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Woloszyn is a straight talking physician who provides clear and concise information. After seeing a couple of other doctors for a stubborn tendon injury it was in fact Dr. Woloszyn who helped to move me along in the healing process with an aggressive, informed approach that yielded the results I had been hoping for.
Staten Island, NY |
I had carpal tunnel endoscopic release surgery on my hand by Dr. Wolosyzn. The procedure was quick and painless. I was able to regain use of my hand in 10 days and now it's been 6 weeks and my hand is just about 100% functional without numbness. I highly recommend Dr. Wolosyzn to anyone with chronic carpal tunnel pain.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Woloszyn is an excellent and caring surgeon. His level of attentiveness pre-op, during surgery, and post-op is exemplary. He thoroughly explained all details of my diagnosis, subsequent surgery, and healing process. The office is run efficiently and waiting time is minimal. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a good hand surgeon.
in Brooklyn, Ny |
He is an excellent doctor with such a great bedside manner. He answered all our questions and took time to come out afer the surgery to talked to my wife. The staff at Staten Island location were top notch in professional manner and very caring with such compassion. Thank you all so much.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I recently had very successful surgery on my right hand with Dr. Woloszyn. Dr. Woloszyn is a competent, patient and kind surgeon. His explanation of the treatment procedures and healing process were impeccable. I have clean scars, no issues and healed well. Needless to say, if I have future hand issues, I will return to Dr. Woloszyn.
Brooklyn, NY |
The doctor is soft spoken and seems to be a nice man. His decision making and practice is based on economical decisions. He does not keep meds in his office to provide a steroid shot but instead gives you an Rx for the medication and you must go get it and come back with an additional copay to do a common office procedure, giving no anesthesia (OMG). Bad for the patient. Inexcusable. Nickel and diming! He will cut extra on anyone symptoms or not! No way I recommend his practice. I am a Dr also.
in Staten Island, NY |
i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.WOLOSZYN. HE VERY PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM AND TOOK CARE OF IT IN A CARING AND COMPETENT MANNER. HE IS VERY PLEASANT AND RELATES WELL TO HIS PATIENTS. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I CHOSE HIM AND WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION TO RETURN SHOULD I NEED HIM IN THE FUTURE.
in Brooklyn, N.Y. 11220 |
Dr Woloszyn is a very experts and excellent hand surgeon that I found , he's well experience , he has good hand and he took good care off me pre op, during surgery and post op also . His office staff is also very good , no waiting, nice and clean environment.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Woloszyn performed hand surgery on me yesterday morning to remove 3 sea urchin stingers (and the hard cysts that formed around them) from my left hand. The doctor and his team at his NJ operating facility were FANTASTIC. I was very comfortable, well taken care of, and had all of my questions answered whenever I had any. They were patient and kind. A car service came and picked me up and dropped me off after the surgery, which was nice. I was seen on time, no waiting. All in all VERY happy.
in New York, NY |
Dr Woloszyn is a treasure I had really a great experience with him he did an amazing job on my thumb and healing was fast everything went perfect. Great staff too I would highly recommend Dr Woloszyn to my friends and family. Thank you very much you're such a blessing to me...
in Staten Island, NY |
I went to dr. Woloszyn to have a benign tumor removed from my wrist . I have to say dr.woloszyn has a wonderful bed side manner as well as his staff . I felt comfortable from the Moment I walked into office . Needless to say my wrist & arm are healed & feels normal again thanks to dr. Woloszyn. So yes I would go back & also recommend him to friends and family.
in New York, NY |
Very nice , pleasant. Takes his time. I would recommend him. Identified the problem and acted promptly. It really was a pleasure.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Are you Dr. Woloszyn?

Compare Dr. Woloszyn

Dr. Woloszyn's Care Philosophy

Dr. Woloszyn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery

• Dr. George A. Degenshein Teaching Award, 1992
    • Fifty-Ninth Annual Assembly of the Southeran Surgical Congress, First Prize - Gold Medal Paper, 1991
    • Research Recognition Award, Greater Maimonides Day, 1991
    • Partial exsanguination effectively controls proximal hypertension and protects the spinal cord during aortic crossclamping, 1989
    • Role of arachidonic acid metabolites in oleic acid induced pulmonary injury in a canine model: Effects of ketoconazole (thromboxane synthetase inhibitor), 1991
    • Parotid gland and facial nerve trauma, 1990
    • Efficacy of righ atrial infusion of PGE1 in spsis induced pulmonary hypertension in the pig, 1990

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Woloszyn's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Hand Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Carpal Fractures
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Injury
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

Completed in 1993

Fairleigh Dickinson University

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
    Baylor College Of Medicine, Microsurgery Laboratory, Division Of Plastic Surgery

Completed in 1992

• Polish

Dr. Woloszyn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Woloszyn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery