Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 61

Dr. Woloszyn

The Hand Treatment Center

8417 Fort Hamilton Pkwy Brooklyn, NY 11209

Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Woloszyn to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Woloszyn with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital.

Dr. Woloszyn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Woloszyn

Dr. Woloszyn

Scheduled the appointment with Dr. Woloszyn, based on good ratings, but regret about it. The doctor seemed very pleasant, but he scheduled a lot of tests, which might not be necessary, so had to come second time to do the tests. And when came third time for test results, was given an injection in the wrist, and he PIERCED NERVE. The pain was severe and unbearable. He had to stop right away, I was screaming of pain, but he continued!!! Not something to expect from an experienced doctor. No empathy, negligent. And after all, the new pain on the top of an old one. Can not recommend this doctor.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
I had two surgeries with Dr. Woloszyn. I would recommend if you need hand surgery, he is the one to see. Today if you look at both surgery sites, no scarring at all. Dr Woloszyn answers all your questions. One goes into surgery without a worry.
Patricia – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
My experience with Dr Woloszyn was excellent. He explained everything perfectly regarding my condition, the surgery, and what to expect post operatively. My pain level was minimal, relieved by Advil or Tylenol. His bedside manner is kind, forthright and caring. The staff at both the office and hospital were wonderful. I very highly recommend Dr Woloszyn.
Rose in Staten Island, NY – Aug 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Excellent service. Surgery went great. I had full range of motion in my finger within 3 months after the surgery. Never a long wait time. Always pleasant and professional.
Mrs. L. Jones in Brooklyn – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
My experience with Dr.Woloszyn was amazing! He and his staff are a pleasure to work with. I couldn't have made a better choice. After having surgery on both hands and just a short initial recovery period I feel like a new person! I highly recommend anyone suffering with carpal tunnel to go see him. He will change your life.
Jan 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr Woloszyn came highly recommended from my nephew who had worked with him at a Surgery Center. I went with total Numbness in my hand, I also had a Trigger finger. Dr Woloszyn is amazing, I went home the day of the Surgery with 90% feeling in my hand. It is now 10 weeks after the surgery and the numbness is totally gone. I have full feeling in my hand. The trigger finger is getting better and better as the days go by. I am 100 % totally satisfied with choosing Dr. Woloszyn. He is the Best!!!
Petrina in Middlesex, NJ – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Deciding to go to Dr. Woloszyn was an excellent choice. He is very warm, friendly and caring. Took time to patiently explain the injury, the course of treatment and the healing process. There was never a long wait time and the staff was also friendly and accommodating.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr. Woloszyn is the best doctor for any hand problem. Highly recommend him. I had two hand surgeries for carpal tunnel ... both my hands are pain free now ... no problems at all!!! Marie Snyder
Staten Island, NY – Jun 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr. Woloszyn is a straight talking physician who provides clear and concise information. After seeing a couple of other doctors for a stubborn tendon injury it was in fact Dr. Woloszyn who helped to move me along in the healing process with an aggressive, informed approach that yielded the results I had been hoping for.
Hector David Lebron in Brooklyn, NY – May 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
I had carpal tunnel endoscopic release surgery on my hand by Dr. Wolosyzn. The procedure was quick and painless. I was able to regain use of my hand in 10 days and now it's been 6 weeks and my hand is just about 100% functional without numbness. I highly recommend Dr. Wolosyzn to anyone with chronic carpal tunnel pain.
Staten Island, NY – Apr 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr. Woloszyn is an excellent and caring surgeon. His level of attentiveness pre-op, during surgery, and post-op is exemplary. He thoroughly explained all details of my diagnosis, subsequent surgery, and healing process. The office is run efficiently and waiting time is minimal. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a good hand surgeon.
Ellen Racioppi in Staten Island, NY – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
He is an excellent doctor with such a great bedside manner. He answered all our questions and took time to come out afer the surgery to talked to my wife. The staff at Staten Island location were top notch in professional manner and very caring with such compassion. Thank you all so much.
Sara in Brooklyn, Ny – Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
I recently had very successful surgery on my right hand with Dr. Woloszyn. Dr. Woloszyn is a competent, patient and kind surgeon. His explanation of the treatment procedures and healing process were impeccable. I have clean scars, no issues and healed well. Needless to say, if I have future hand issues, I will return to Dr. Woloszyn.
Sharon in Brooklyn, NY – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
The doctor is soft spoken and seems to be a nice man. His decision making and practice is based on economical decisions. He does not keep meds in his office to provide a steroid shot but instead gives you an Rx for the medication and you must go get it and come back with an additional copay to do a common office procedure, giving no anesthesia (OMG). Bad for the patient. Inexcusable. Nickel and diming! He will cut extra on anyone symptoms or not! No way I recommend his practice. I am a Dr also.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Brooklyn, NY – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.WOLOSZYN. HE VERY PROFESSIONALLY DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM AND TOOK CARE OF IT IN A CARING AND COMPETENT MANNER. HE IS VERY PLEASANT AND RELATES WELL TO HIS PATIENTS. I AM VERY HAPPY THAT I CHOSE HIM AND WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION TO RETURN SHOULD I NEED HIM IN THE FUTURE.
BOB in Staten Island, NY – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr Woloszyn is a very experts and excellent hand surgeon that I found , he's well experience , he has good hand and he took good care off me pre op, during surgery and post op also . His office staff is also very good , no waiting, nice and clean environment.
Latakumari. Christian in Brooklyn, N.Y. 11220 – Sep 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr. Woloszyn performed hand surgery on me yesterday morning to remove 3 sea urchin stingers (and the hard cysts that formed around them) from my left hand. The doctor and his team at his NJ operating facility were FANTASTIC. I was very comfortable, well taken care of, and had all of my questions answered whenever I had any. They were patient and kind. A car service came and picked me up and dropped me off after the surgery, which was nice. I was seen on time, no waiting. All in all VERY happy.
Nakleh in Brooklyn, NY – Sep 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Dr Woloszyn is a treasure I had really a great experience with him he did an amazing job on my thumb and healing was fast everything went perfect. Great staff too I would highly recommend Dr Woloszyn to my friends and family. Thank you very much you're such a blessing to me...
Pat in New York, NY – Jul 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
I went to dr. Woloszyn to have a benign tumor removed from my wrist . I have to say dr.woloszyn has a wonderful bed side manner as well as his staff . I felt comfortable from the Moment I walked into office . Needless to say my wrist & arm are healed & feels normal again thanks to dr. Woloszyn. So yes I would go back & also recommend him to friends and family.
Kimberley c. in Staten Island, NY – May 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?
Very nice , pleasant. Takes his time. I would recommend him. Identified the problem and acted promptly. It really was a pleasure.
Karen Markman in New York, NY – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Woloszyn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Woloszyn?

The hand is one of our most important organs and requires specialized care. That is why Dr. Woloszyn and the Hand Treatment Center takes your hand health...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Hand Surgery Centres Of Texas
1992
General Surgical Residency, Maimonides Medical Center & Coney Island Hospital
1992
Baylor College Of Medicine, Microsurgery Laboratory, Division Of Plastic Surgery
1987
Maimonides Medical Center
1986
Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School
1982
Fairleigh Dickinson University

• Polish

• Fifty-Ninth Annual Assembly of the Southeran Surgical Congress, First Prize - Gold Medal Paper, 1991
  • Dr. George A. Degenshein Teaching Award, 1992
  • Research Recognition Award, Greater Maimonides Day, 1991

• Efficacy of righ atrial infusion of PGE1 in spsis induced pulmonary hypertension in the pig, 1990
  • Parotid gland and facial nerve trauma, 1990
  • Partial exsanguination effectively controls proximal hypertension and protects the spinal cord during aortic crossclamping, 1989
  • Role of arachidonic acid metabolites in oleic acid induced pulmonary injury in a canine model: Effects of ketoconazole (thromboxane synthetase inhibitor), 1991