Dr. Thomas Winkler, MD

Dr. Thomas Winkler, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Thomas Winkler, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Winkler is affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital.

5530 Wisconsin Ave Ste 1500

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

Learn about Dr. Winkler

See how frequently Dr. Winkler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nosebleed
Laryngitis
Postnasal Drip

Dr. Winkler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Tripler Army Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Madigan Army Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Winkler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Winkler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Winkler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Winkler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Winkler to family and friends
Dr. Winkler's Performance
Dr Winkler was reassuring, attentive, respectful and kind. He always patiently listened to what I had to say and gave me a thorough medical explanation - something which I greatly appreciate being generally a bit of skeptic of doctors and a bit of a hypochondriac. I had a deviated nose septum surgery and it's literally been a breath of fresh air ever since. Definitely recommend!
Temple Hills |
Dr. Winkler - Here is my surgery feedback as requested. I did put this on the Vitals website cited in your 28 Aug 17 e-mail. However, I did not see that the "Submit" button actually transmitted my information or did anything. After discussing with your office, I decided to e-mail my feedback as follows hoping that it will be useful: " " My experience with thyroid gland removal surgery by Dr. Thomas P. Winkler was entirely excellent. Upon referral, Dr. Winkler recommended such surgery due t
Washington, DC |
I was unhappy and reluctant to go ahead when I learned that I needed surgery on the inside of my nose, but thanks to Dr. Winkler, I went ahead with the procedure. He was reassuring and very patient with me throughout the process. He explained everything carefully and thoroughly and was consistently pleasant. Most important, he did an excellent job. My breathing and other symptoms are much improved. I think he is an excellent doctor and recommend him without reservation.
Olney, MD |
Dr. Winkler receives our highest recommendation after performing a tonsillectomy on our 15 year old daughter in August. After 10 days it was almost as though she had never had the surgery! His access to a private surgery center to perform this type of operation made all the difference, and his staff were so kind and genuine. With his calm demeanor, true compassion, and uncanny attention to detail, Dr. Winkler truely reflects what a specialty physician should be. Dr. Winkler is the best ENT!
in Bethesda, MD |
We brought our 5-year-old daughter to see Dr. Winkler, who performed an adenoidectomy on her. He was kind, patient, and extremely conscientious. We knew from the get-go that he would be excellent with this procedure, and his professionalism and dedication were second-to-none. He was even kind enough to email two nervous parents the night before our daughter's surgery, and to call us from his cellphone the evening after her surgery to see how she is doing. Thank you, Dr. Winkler.
in Warrenton, VA |
Dr. Winkler is very caring and very professional, as is the entire staff. He makes one feel confident about his diagnosis and answers all your questions and concerns. And he's available after the appointment if there is any concern. He returned my call at night and also checked-in on me on the weekend to make sure all was well. I highly recommend Dr. Winkler.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Winkler takes great time and care to ensure his patients understand their diagnosis and treatment. He never seemed rushed or too busy to answer questions and talk through options, making me feel like my health was his top priority. He was extremely accessible – both by phone and email/text, and was diligent in communicating with me before and after my surgery. His office staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, making the entire experience with Chevy Chase ENT pleasant and efficient.
in Washington, DC |
One of the best surgeons I've ever meet. Charismatic, easy to talk with, really takes the time to talk with patients and explain things clearly.
in Washington, DC |
Was personable and listened to my health issue. Treatment was appropriate and delivered with competence. I am a physician myself so I appreciate good medical care.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Winkler, MD?
Are you Dr. Winkler?