Dr. Thomas Wilson Jr, MD

Dr. Thomas Wilson Jr, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Thomas Wilson Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Birmingham, AL. He graduated from University Of Alabama At Birmingham and specializes in neurosurgery.

800 Saint Vincents Dr Ste 700

Birmingham, AL 35205

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Wilson Jr

See how frequently Dr. Wilson Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Low Back Pain

Dr. Wilson Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1960
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1962
  • Med College Ala
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1967

Dr. Wilson Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilson Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilson Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wilson Jr's Reviews

3.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilson Jr to family and friends

Dr. Wilson Jr's Performance

Dr. Wilson and staff members Ron Philly and Robby Carruba helped me greatly with my cervical surgeries. They were all very professional, attentive, patient, honest , and compassionate. They answered all my questions and concerns which was very comforting during this very stressful time in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Wilson and Ron, his PA, are truly the best. I was suffering from severe sciatica and could barely get around. Dr Wilson had me up and pain free in no time with a simple surgery which I quickly recuperated from. So thankful my GP recommended him! I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Excellent. It took awile to make a diagnosis of my problem but working closely with my neurologist and scans made finally a diagnosis was made. Very thorough doctor. Great surgeon. Kept me from wheelchair and possibly death.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Wilson was super friendly and nice to talk to. He didn't rush through our appointment. Answered all of my questions, and even took his time to tell me a few jokes. Super smart guy. Also made me completely comfortable throughout his examination.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Wilson has performed surgery on my neck two times and he has performed surgery on my husband's back one time. He has done an excellent job all three times and I am VERY pleased with the service we have received from him. We have found him to be honest, effective and would HIGHLY recommend!!!
Are you Dr. Wilson Jr?