Dr. Thomas M. Wascher, MD

Dr. Thomas M. Wascher, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Neurospine Center Of Wisconsin 5320 W Michaels Dr, Appleton, WI 54913 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Wascher specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Appleton, WI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Wascher? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wascher's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Wascher's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Neurosurgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher accepts 33 insurance carriers

33 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wascher has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher's Review Details
      4.9 based on 267 responses
      Experience with Dr. Wascher
      Dr. Wascher's Office & Staff
        Under 10 minutes (252)
      in Oshkosh, WI |
      Outstanding. I had a herniated disk with complications and was in intense pain despite powerful pain meds. Dr. Wascher saw me Thursday morning and told me he would operate the next morning if I could get a pre-op physical done. I couldn't have asked for better service and more importantly the surgery was flawless.
      in Fremont, WI |
      Dr. Wascher and David Bond are amazing, yet they are modest on what they are capable of accomplishing. Dr, Revord did initial evaluation, and from there it was all fast-forward. The whole team at Neuro-Spine is synchronized. Very respectful, courteous, professional. Dr. Wascher and David Bond gave thorough explanations of the procedures. David talked with me in pre-op. My wife appreciated the phone updates during surgeries. Dr. Wascher visited my bedside. So grateful. Thank You for what you do !
      in Appleton, WI |
      Dr. Wascher was extremely easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable about the procedure and always got back to me right away. He even called me on a Sunday afternoon to check on how I was doing. He doesn't schedule or try to make you schedule unnecessary or extra appointments.
      in New London, WI |
      14 years ago I was referred to Dr. Wascher because of a brain tumor. Dr Wascher and his nurse, David Bond and another physician removed the tumor. Now after 2 years of having back pain, physical therapy, chiropractic and 4 spinal injections, I had fusion of L4-5. It has been 2 months. I have followed the post op instructions and am doing very well. My husband and I Thank God every day for Dr. Wascher and David. The clinic staff is always very friendly and helpful.
      in Mountain, WI |
      I had a herniated disk, lower back, starting have pain in hip, down to ankle, I did prednisorn, that helped but it came back, I did Physical therapy, the dry needles, that did nothing. Went to Dr Wascher and had to see Dr Schultz first, pain dr, did the shot in back and that helped for about 3 weeks, but pain came back. went with surgery, Was in hospital one day and home the next. NO PAIN in leg right after surgery. The back pain from surgery lasted about 2 to 3 days, Dr Wascher Rocks..
      in Appleton, WI |
      This was the perfect doctor to get myself back on track. I came in his office as a wounded and pained young lady, but now I am 90% better. With a little more therapy that he recommends I should make a full recovery. Thank u so much, u and your team are superheroes!
      in Appleton, WI |
      I would highly recommend Dr. Wascher and David Bond. I had surgery on my lower back which was even more complex due to an unrelated medical condition. Dr. Wascher and David Bond took every precaution to ensure not only that my back would be fixed, but also that my overall health would not be jeopardized. The personal care I received from both Dr. Wascher and David Bond was outstanding. They monitored my condition from start to finish and have given me my life back and I am very grateful.
      in Appleton, WI |
      I had a disk that was out of place (herniated?) in my neck, pain going down my left arm. Did physical therapy. Had an MRI and saw Dr. Wascher. He took one look at the MRI, about 3 minutes looking at me, another 5 minutes showing me his binder of all of the people he did neck surgery on. Said to schedule surgery on my way out. I didn't. Did physical therapy at Thedacare for another month. It went back into place and I have been pain free for over 10 years now. Why so eager to cut into a person?
      in Neenah, WI |
      great guy. professional yet friendly
      in Menashan, WI |
      Dr Wascher was examining me for a brain tumor and discovered I had a neck problem that could paralyze me if I was in a bad accident. I had the surgery to fix my neck so if my head gets moved around when the tumor is taken care of no damage to my neck will occur. I wish to Thank Dr. Wascher and David Bond for the excellent care I have received so far. Dan Hermans
      in Kaukauna, WI |
      The care he gave my Mom, who is 92 and had a severe brain injury, was excellent. With his quality care and concern, I have my Mom back and thinking clearly and quite active. He is the best as is his staff. She had excellent care. Thank God for wonderful specialists like Dr. Wascher. Catherine Jakl
      in De Pere, WI |
      Dr Wascher is a Best in Class person and has surrounded himself with a Best in Class Team. From the moment I arrived at his office to the last visit, I felt like I was the only person they taking care of. The professionalism, explanation, urgency and priority that was given to me was outstanding. I read a note of recognition on the wall in the office and cannot find a better way to say it, "Thank You, not just for what you did, which was wonderful, but for the way you did it"
      in Appleton, WI |
      I had a very complicated 2 day surgery. One of the best doctors around. I had no complications and having a perfect recovery. He is outstanding!
      in Wisconsin |
      Dr Wascher is beyond superb, he is the best in care I've ever been given! He is patient, kind, extremely caring, smart, knowledgeable, compassionate, and I never feel rushed! I am never a number with him or his staff! His assistant David is just as marvelous. They are both earthly angels and I thank k GOD for blessing me with them, and their kind expertise. In this world where the elderly are often considered disposable, Dr & David make me feel like family!
      in Appleton, WI |
      The entire process with Dr. Wascher's office and staff was so organized that it was hard to believe. From the initial appointment to the surgery to the after surgery follow-up and rehab, everything was scheduled and taken care of for you. Even appointments outside of their office were set up by his staff to meet time frames that were acceptable to your schedule. And the friendliness and attitude of the entire staff is exceptional. Wonderful place to do business if you need healthcare.
      in Greenville,WI |
      I was very pleased with all the staff and doctors, they all were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! Dr. Wascher was very nice and easy to talk to! He answered all my questions and his staff was always available if I had any problems or questions! His skills as a surgeon are exemplary! The whole experience from start to finish was very pleasant!
      in Manitowoc, WI |
      When Dr. Wascher first called me he asked how I was doing. I said okay and he said he would not be calling me if I was doing okay. He assessed my neck condition right away. Since the surgery my numbness is gone and the burning is a lot less. My pain level has decreased significantly. My experience in dealing with Dr. Washer and the Neuro Spine Center was fantastic. They listened to me and explained why I was having neck problems. I would recommend Dr. Wascher highly.
      in Hilbert, WI |
      He does not mess around. I was in severe pain with loss of movement and he reacted quickly. In less than 2 weeks from his diagnosis he had me back to a pain free life. This is the second time in 10 years he has done this for me. He is a truly gifted surgeon. He explained everything extremely well before the procedure and his staff is also excellent.
      in Greenville, WI |
      Dr. Wascher saved my life. He killed my brain tumor and let me enjoy the rest of my life. Thank You again Dr. and also David Bond.
      Appleton, WI |
      Dr. Wascher experience with my particular surgery gave me great confidence heading into such a major surgery. By strictly following his rules/suggestions I had excellent results.
      in Ripon, WI |
      Dr. Wascher and Dr. Bond are THE BEST; couldn't have asked for better surgeons! They made me feel at ease from the very first moment I met with them clear through my surgery and recovery. Top Notch all the way!
      in Appleton, WI |
      What can you say, from the stall scheduling appointment and testing, to being on time for your scheduled appointment. you can't go wrong here. Dr. Wascher and David are the best in what they do. compassionate, understanding and willing to take the time with you to answer all your questions both pre and post op. This was my second surgery with Dr. Wascher and if I ever need surgery again you can bet he will be the first one I reach out to. Thank-you so much
      in Oshkosh, WI |
      I had met with him several years ago on 2 previous occasions after other Doctors had recommended surgery for myself and my son. Both times after being evaluated by him and his staff, he determined that surgery was not necessary. When my MRI showed a problem with my spine, I knew that Dr. Wascher was the surgeon that I needed to see. When he told me that I needed surgery this time, I new that it was necessary. I had total confidence in his abilities and knew that I was in good hands.
      in Waupaca, WI |
      The experience is unmatched in customer service and professionalism. I would and have recommended this physician to many people.
      in Kaukauna, WI |
      Dr. Wascher and his staff are nothing short of amazing! I know I can call the office and get a call back the same day - he and his staff are truly dedicated to their patients. I would recommend Dr. Wascher to all of my family and friends.
      in Neenah, WI |
      Came to Dr. Wascher for a second opinion: received excellent care and information regarding my situation. I felt like my health profile was thoroughly read and was given complete information and options. I felt as though I was in good hands. God bless Dr. Wascher.
      Dr. Wascher is an amazing Doctor and would recommend him to anyone
      in Appleton, WI |
      I had pain for many years before seeing Dr. Wascher. He did his magic and I am now pain free for 2 months.
      in Kaukauna, WI |
      after having a rough year, I found out I had 2 brain tumors. Then found out I needed neck spine surgery. That information was overwhelming, I was so afraid!! But Dr Wascher, and David Bond, was so kind,caring, they really listened to you, and made you feel, its really gonna be ok! I will tell everyone about my experience there. I didn't just have surgery or treatments, I feel like I made new friends. I am so glad I got to go thru what I went thru with all these wonderful kind people, Beth S
      in Gladstonr, MI |
      He was very kind and attentive. He explained everything very clearly. I didn't feel rushed when he was in the room with me.
      in Watertown Wi. |
      I was surprised I could not make a appointment.
      in Elgin, IL |
      I will begin by telling you, Dr. Wascher is a one of a kind doctor. He will look you in the eye when he speaks; he listens to you and to your heart; he offer warmth and compassion like no other person I have ever met. I have never felt so safe and cared for in my life. I thank God for being led to him and his team. Success will be celebrated soon because I am in his care.
      in Fremont, WI |
      I can not say enough good things about Dr. Wascher and his team. I was taken to Waupaca hospital after a fall and hurt my neck real bad. I was lucky not to be paralyzed. Thank you, Jesus! They had to transfer me to Theda Clark and I remember the nurse telling me how lucky I was because Dr. Wascher was on call that night and that he was THE BEST! Well she was right. He is a great surgeon and a great person. I am very thankful to be in his care.
      At the end of my first appointment, Dr. Wascher said, "Don't worry. I'll take good care of you".
      in De Pere, WI |
      I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Wascher. Nine years ago he fused 2 vertebrae (L5-S1) in my lower back which have been absolutely pain free ever since. I developed arm/shoulder pain this past spring, ultimately needing some neck vertebrae fused (C-3-C6). I had surgery 2 weeks ago, and already there is evidence of new bone growth on the 3 new disks that were put in place. I would never consider having anyone else even look at my back. Thank You, Dr. Wascher!!
      in Oshkosh WI |
      An all comprehensive approach to healthcare. All aspects are done right there. Dr. Wascher and David Bond are the best team ever. Professional, courteous and just plain awesome. I have had surgery with them in the past and i have complete faith in them.
      in Pulaski, WI |
      I am a brain tumor survivor of almost 11 years - I would not be here today had it not of been for Dr. Wascher and his staff, including NP David Bond, and my wife and family. They allowed my high school science class students, those who were interested in the medical field, to visit their facility and answer any questions they had about the entering the field of medicine. One of my former students who visited that first year is now in residency to become an ER Doctor. He is an amazing surgeon!!
      Have you seen Dr. Wascher?
      Are you Dr. Wascher? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Wascher

• Broken Neck
      • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
      • Cerebral Hemorrhage
      • Cerebral Vascular Disease
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
      • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Brain Surgery
      • Carotid Ultrasound
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
      • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
      • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
      • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
      • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
      • Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Nerve Block, Somatic
      • Neuroplasty
      • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
      • Spinal Fusion
      • Spinal Nerve Block
      • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
      • Stereotactic Radiosurgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Loyola University of Chicago / Stritch School of Medicine

Barrow Neur Inst-St Joseph's Hosp

Completed in 1992

Eastern Illinois University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Wascher has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Wascher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
      • Board certified in Neurosurgery
      • Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Wascher

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Wascher's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Wascher

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients