Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD

Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Appleton, WI. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Wascher is affiliated with Appleton Medical Center and Theda Clark Medical Center.

Dr. Wascher's Experience

See how Dr. Wascher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wascher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wascher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wascher to family and friends
Dr. Wascher's Performance
in Appleton, WI |
Awesome team effort with detailed analysis of the benefits and risks associated with the surgery Great documentation on history of clinical data and outcomes
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher takes the time to explain everything in detail and ensures that you are comfortable. I have no hesitation in an upcoming surgery after going through one with him and his wonderful staff already.
in Little Chute Wisconsin |
I had back pain for most of my career, I worked as mechanic for most of my life and did a lot of heavy lifting. as time went on the back pain progressed to the point of were I needed to have back surgery. I feel very blessed that I came across Dr. Wascher and Nurse Practitioner David Bond. they made sure you understood what was going to happen with the surgery and that you were comfortable. I no longer have any back pain and am on my way to doing things without having the pain. highly recommend.
in Kaukauna, WI |
I've been active my whole life.... over the last 10 years I quit participating in just about everything. I used to bike around Lake Winnebago several times every summer and stopped doing that 2 years ago. Until April 25th of this year I would walk 2 blocks from my home and be afraid I couldn't make it back. What made it worse is that I was in constant pain but no one else could see it. It's been 41 days since having surgery for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. I am pain free and so very happy.
in Cleveland, WI |
I will tell everyone to see Dr. Wascher. Everyone in his staff are so amazing. All so caring and helpful. I feel so lucky to have been sent to him from my Dr. in Shawano WI.
in Waupun, WI |
From the very first phone call to the office to the last check up appointment after the surgery was some of the best customer service my wife and I have ever experienced! Went to the Neuro Spine Center for a second opinion and received a specific, thorough explanation of a game plan for my back injury. Dr. Wascher, David Bond and staff are salt of the earth people and gave me the gift to live life again without pain. They are a definite gift from God to the medical society and people in need!
in Appleton, WI |
Excellent surgeon. Very much matter of fact but very well versed in his area of expertise. I was looking for an experienced Neurosurgeon and I found him when I met Dr. Wascher.
in Appleton, WI |
I had originally gone to another Neurospine doctor and so glad it didn't work out because the people at Neurospine Center are the greatest. Great team! They return your calls the same day and are extremely helpful and very friendly. My experience with the surgery was awesome. I would highly recommend Dr Wascher and his team,. Best decision I made to have my surgery done with him. He has a phenomenal nurse practitioner and nurse. Highly recommend!!!
in Manawa, Wi |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Wascher to anyone in need of back or spinal surgery. I had put off having surgery for too long. I feel like a new man since the surgery. It feels good to walk again without numbness. I really appreciate having a normal life again.
in Neenah, WI |
Dr. Wascher is simply a top of class neurosurgeon. He takes the time to make an accurate diagnosis of the symptoms and gets to the root cause. After an accurate diagnosis he takes the time to fully explain the best surgical procedure to correct spinal condition. He is very skilled in neurosurgery and also very professional with regard to keeping both patient and family informed with updates during and after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Wascher to anyone in need of neurosurgery.
in Waupaca, WI |
Dr. Wascher was very helpful in answering questions and detailing the surgery and what to expect. I would recommend him to anyone for their surgery. Follows up multiple times after surgery to make sure you are doing well and asks if you have any questions. Open to answer any questions.
in Menasha, Wi. |
I had a very good experience. They had a place I could call to get quick answers to any questions. My appointments went very well & all my questions were answered.
in Plover, WI |
Dr. Wascher gave me the confidence I needed so as not to worry that anything was missed in his prognosis and care. I am very grateful I chose Dr. Wacsher and his staff.
in Appleton, WI |
I am a medical professional and have worked with Dr. Wascher over the last 15 years. He has always been a great advocate for his patients. That's why when it was my turn to have back surgery, there really was only one choice. When I had questions, he or his staff get back to you that SAME day! In conclusion, if you want the best, go with the best! You won't be sorry!
in Oshkosh, WI |
Dr. Wascher performed a major revisionary surgery on my neck. He was as deeply compassionate and exceptionally capable. He treated me as an equal while still taking time to explain all points of the procedure in laymen's terms. Additionally, his team including David Bond and his nurse Pat were as sensitive to my needs as he. During the surgery, his surgical team contacted my wife with timely updates. In short, my care under Dr. Wascher was phenomenal!
in Westfield, WI |
Dr Washer was amazing. I had a major two day neck surgery in January of 2017. The surgery went very well. I would recommend Dr. Wascher to everyone. Very knowledgeable, explained everything so you understood, answered all my questions, he even called to make sure I was feeling good.
Waupaca, WI |
Did a great job on my spine surgreys had spinal stenosis and the curvature of my spine was a wrong way so he fix that and it is fusions Dr. washer did a great job I recommend him to anybody else that needs spine surgeries
in Appleton, WI |
Bedside manner was excellent. My C6-C7 surgery gave me my life back and couldn't be happier with the results. Thanks Doc!
in Manitowoc, WI |
Great doctor has your health in mind.
in Neenah, WI |
I originally went to another Doctor (Dr. Stayler) at the Nerospine Center in Appleton with a lower back issue. Dr. Stayler did some tests and suggested I have a neck CT. The CT discovered that I had a ligament turning to bone that was growing into my spinal cord. I need surgery to fix this problem or face paralysis. Dr. Wascher preformed a very delicate surgery to remove the ossified ligament and fuse my C3-C7 vertebrae. I am very grateful the problem was found and corrected.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher & David Bonds are a fantastic team! I had Cervical stenosis myelopathy & Dr. Wascher preformed front & back neck surgery. David Bonds spent an hour after 5pm answering all my questions. I am half way through my recovery and finally after 7 years I am pain free, no longer need to take daily high doses of Aleve. My bowels and balance which I did not realize were affected from the spinal cord damaged have improved. I would not trusted anyone except Dr. Wascher to do this type of surgery
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Wascher has helped me tremendously over the past 10 years as I had a brain tumor. With his up todate technology, he has destroyed the center of the tumor with cyberknife radiation and the tumor is now in the process of shrinking. If the first Dr we saw would have done a surgery on me I would be now paralyzed in half of my face as that is what he was going to do. Thank you to Dr Wascher for your excellent knowledge and treatment.
in Little Chute, WI |
Dr Wascher has performed 4 surgeries on both my lower and upper spine. The last 2 were definitely the most serious. This doctor crosses his T's and dots his I's. This past December I had 2 surgeries to make room for my spinal cord from c3 to c7. My spinal cord was being compressed by about 50% in that area. To avoid major complications down the road, I followed his recommendation and had the surgeries. This is the third time he has given me a new lease on life. A very skilled doctor and staff.
Fond Du Lac, WI |
I can't say enough about Dr. Wascher and his team! They were very thorough from my very first appointment through postop where I am currently today. They always made sure I understood everything that was going to take place during surgery and after! I feel the excellent work that Dr. Wascher did during my surgery has helped me with the speedy recovery and I am having! I highly recommend Dr. Wascher!
Dr. Wascher provided extremely professional care throughout the entire surgical experience. He was very honest and transparent which helped me understand the situation, feel comfortable with what was happening, and be ready for next steps. He is a master at what he does and it shows not only through excellent results, but through the passion he exhibits in ensuring what he does will make your life better.
in Neenah, WI |
I had 2 herniated discs in my neck C4-5 & C5-6. I was in a great deal of pain going down my neck into my left shoulder & experienced tingles in my fingers, also lost all of my strength in my left arm The proper name of the surgery that I had is: C4-6 Anterior Cervical Discectomy, Instrumentation, and Fusion with the right Iliac Crest Bone Marrow Aspirate. The next morning my strength was tested and it was exactly where it was supposed to be and honestly never felt any pain. I feel great!!
Oshkosh, WI |
Dr. Wascher and David Bond make a great team. I feel so much better after surgery.
in Sheboygan, WI |
There aren't many situations where I would take the time to do a survey, but Dr. Wascher certainly deserves that time. Dr. Wascher and his NP David Bond not only saw me immediately, but spent more time in explaining and answering questions, than I could have asked for. To say that their knowledge and skills are commendable would be a huge understatement. The success of my complicated surgery has given me a new lease on life, thanks to these two highly skilled men. Thanks again Dr. Wascher/Dave.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher is one of a kind! He is a brilliant doctor and a kind and compassionate man. I feel he cares not only about my physical health, but my emotional health as well. He explains things so you understand your condition. He answers any questions you have and encourages you to call if you have any questions or concerns. Your call is returned the same day. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wascher to my family and friends.
in Menasha, Wi. |
Excellent Surgeon/Doctor, if you're looking for one of the best if not the best in the country look no further. Dr. Wascher and his nurse practitioner David Bond make and are an incredible team. I'm still in somewhat recovery from my last surgery and can only send praise to these two and their entire staff both at Neuro Spine Center of Wisconsin here in Appleton and at both hospitals where these procedures were performed. I am pleased with everything, Thank you!
in Little Chute, WI |
I saw Dr Wascher for a herniated disc at L5 S1. I tried all the conservative approaches prior to seeing Dr. Wascher. He explained the procedure and we felt very comfortable with the going ahead with surgery. The surgery went very well and I am very happy with the results.
in Hortonnville, WI |
Dr. W answered my questions, listened to my concerns, and gave the time I needed to be comfortable about spine surgery. I am so glad my pain is gone!
Waupaca, WI |
I am 39&had severe neck pain and couldn't feel throughout my whole body for over 20yrs. The Dr. wouldn't anything for me until I met Dr. Wascher and his staff. They treat me with respect and listened to me. They figured out that my spinal cord was severely pinched and I had arthritis in my neck. I was told I am very lucky to be a live and not paralyzed.I had neck fusion C2-C6 and had to wear a halo4months. After surgery I have feeling back in whole my body,no more giving myself 3rd degree burn
in Neshkoro , Wi. |
5 star all the way. Great follow through and follow up. Really knows his stuff.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Thomas Wascher is clearly a passionate caring Neurologist who takes the time to cover the finer points of your medical issue, procedure and Post Operative care. He takes the time to ensure the patient's questions are answered at a level that you can fully understand. With that said I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Wascher to anyone who has neurosurgical issues. My L4- L5 spinal fusion was a complete success after years of debilitating sciatic pain.
in Kaukauna, WI |
We were very happy with Dr. Wascher, he was very professional and he did a great job with my neck surgery and the follow up visits.
in Appleton, WI |
Doctor Wascher and his staff are incredibly thorough with their preoperative, operative and post-operative practice which helps to insure a smooth and successful procedure. I have, and would highly recommend him to any patient looking for a very professional and competent surgeon, with a great team of caregivers!
in Waupaca Wisconsin |
Dr. Wascher has done 2 surgeries on my mess of a back. He fused my L4 & L5 back in January 2013 and my golf handicap is 7. Pretty amazing because I didn't think I was going to golf again!!!!! He gave me 95% chance to get better and I did. Dec 27th 2016 he worked on my L2 disk because it was causing a lot of pain. burning and numbing and I'm looking forward to playing again this early spring!!!
in Appleton, WI |
I suffered for months with severe back and leg pain due to a herniated disc. At 28 years old, I thought my life was over. Dr. Wascher performed a L5/S1 Microdiscectomy and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. He truly cares about his patients and their long-term health and well-being. He is extremely intelligent and his track record proves it. I recommend him above anyone else. If you're in pain do not hesitate because with Dr. Wascher, you are in great hands!
in NEENAH, WI |
Did and excellent job of explaining procedure, and what I would feel like as I healed. Dr. Wascher was spot on. DR. Wascher, David Bond, Pat and the rest of the team did an excellent job. THANKS
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher, David Bond and the rest of his team where incredible to work with. The very first time I met with them about dealing with a brain tumor they told me "we will treat you like family here" and they followed through on that proclamation. They where highly accessible, responsive and informative. You can feel confident in your choice by choosing Dr. Wascher and his team.
in Valders, WI |
He treated me like a family member. Dr. Wascher was the fifth doctor I had been seen by and was the only one to understand what was going on, and provide a solution. He was current with various treatments and was able to explain what he would do and why he would use that particular treatment.
in Nekoosa, WI |
Double neck surgery.Terrific work done by his whole team
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher truly cares about your well being. After a recent surgery he actually called me at home on a Sunday to see how I was doing.
in Waupaca, WI |
Dr. Washcher was very open in answering questions and explaining the condition at hand. He Explained the MRI visually and identified exactly what the procedure would entail and what to expect during and post surgery.
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
Dr. Wascher is EXCELLENT
in Combined Locks,Wi |
I am a patient of Dr Wascher. He has performed 2 Back surgeries on me in 7 months. The first one was L5,6and L7 . Had numbness, pain in my right leg and lower back. This November he worked on c5-c6-c7 with a fusion. I am 100 percent pain free. You don't need to run around for second opinions, He is one of the best in the country. His physicians assistant David Bond is wonderful. When all else has failed and surgery is your only hope left,be assured you are in good hands. Judy Vanevenhoven
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Wascher is a highly qualified spine surgeon. He is extremely professional; explains procedures, risks, and potential outcomes in a clear and easy to understand manner; and most importantly is very caring of his patient. This was first ever surgery yet he made me feel very comfortable. He also believes in post surgery follow up to ensure that the expected outcome is achieved.
in Neenah, WI |
Dr Wascher is in my opinion the best there is period. I had a fusion that was falling apart that another doctor had done and upon my first meeting I knew I was at the right spot. Dr Wascher took all the time in the world to understand me and my issue. He is the premier doctor in this field for sure. I was in pain for 15 years. 3 months after seeing Dr Wascher and having my surgery I am living life again. I can not thank him and his staff enough for bringing me back.
in Manitowoc, WI |
Dr. Wascher was very profession in all of my office visits. He made me feel very comfortable and took the necessary time to explain my condition, answer all my questions and ease my anxiety of having back surgery. He was my second opinion appointment and after 5 minutes of talking to him, there was no doubt he would be doing my surgery. He shared his success rate of surgical procedures in a confident, not arrogant way. I had a very positive experience with Dr. Wascher and his associates.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
Are you Dr. Wascher?

Compare Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Wascher has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wascher's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Barrow Neur Inst-St Joseph's Hosp

Completed in 1992

Eastern Illinois University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Wascher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wascher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic