Dr. Thomas M. Wascher, MD

Dr. Thomas M. Wascher, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 57 years old

Dr. Wascher specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Appleton, WI. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Wascher? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wascher's Experience

See how Dr. Wascher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher accepts 33 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wascher has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Under 10 minutes (279)
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
Dr. Wascher is EXCELLENT
in Combined Locks,Wi |
I am a patient of Dr Wascher. He has performed 2 Back surgeries on me in 7 months. The first one was L5,6and L7 . Had numbness, pain in my right leg and lower back. This November he worked on c5-c6-c7 with a fusion. I am 100 percent pain free. You don't need to run around for second opinions, He is one of the best in the country. His physicians assistant David Bond is wonderful. When all else has failed and surgery is your only hope left,be assured you are in good hands. Judy Vanevenhoven
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Wascher is a highly qualified spine surgeon. He is extremely professional; explains procedures, risks, and potential outcomes in a clear and easy to understand manner; and most importantly is very caring of his patient. This was first ever surgery yet he made me feel very comfortable. He also believes in post surgery follow up to ensure that the expected outcome is achieved.
in Neenah, WI |
Dr Wascher is in my opinion the best there is period. I had a fusion that was falling apart that another doctor had done and upon my first meeting I knew I was at the right spot. Dr Wascher took all the time in the world to understand me and my issue. He is the premier doctor in this field for sure. I was in pain for 15 years. 3 months after seeing Dr Wascher and having my surgery I am living life again. I can not thank him and his staff enough for bringing me back.
in Manitowoc, WI |
Dr. Wascher was very profession in all of my office visits. He made me feel very comfortable and took the necessary time to explain my condition, answer all my questions and ease my anxiety of having back surgery. He was my second opinion appointment and after 5 minutes of talking to him, there was no doubt he would be doing my surgery. He shared his success rate of surgical procedures in a confident, not arrogant way. I had a very positive experience with Dr. Wascher and his associates.
in Mountain, WI |
Dr. Wascher has saved my life. He placed me in a halo for about 4 months while my neck was healing after a car accident. He went to bat for me with the insurance company to have me fitted with electrodes to stimulate bone growth in my neck. He then fitted me with a hard collar. With the help of physical therapy and Dr's recommendations, I'm able to use my left arm and hand. He explained my injuries in terms I was able to understand and gave me rules to live bye. I thank him in my prayers.
in Appleton, WI |
Very professional yet easy to talk too. Same for David Bond.
in Neenah, WI |
Had a great experience with Dr. Wascher, David Bond, Heather Gueller and the entire team... Everyone was extremely helpful. David Bond and Dr. Wascher spent a large amount of time with me to go over x-rays and MRIs and explain everything that was going on.. He made sure he understood exactly what was going on..
in Neenah, WI |
Complete confidence in his surgical abilities. Very communicative describing procedure. Excellent with followup.
in Berlin, WI |
My experience from consultation through surgery was more than I was expecting. First class all the way, from explaining MRI results and why surgery was needed and how the whole process would unfold was excellent. I would recommend Dr. Wascher and his staff to family and friends.
in Neenah, WI |
Doctor Wascher was the kindest doctor I have met in years. He explained the surgery he was to perform offering you options to accept or deny.. I am 81 years old and the denial would have been easy but after meeting the doctor I had total confidence in him. Another reason to accept was to read some of the letters from patients on the walls of his office. Have faith and trust...
in Mountain, WI |
Could not ask for anyone better, was very happy with the two surgeries I had with him, and his team.
in Neenah, WI |
Dr. Wascher is an excellent neurosurgeon. Dr. Wascher and David Bond are great to work with. They answer all questions honestly with no sugar coating. They give pro's and con's about your condition and help you make the right decision for you. They return calls very promptly and are very easy to work with. I have never felt rushed or that my appointment time was up. I would highly recommend them both.
in Appleton, wi |
Dr. Wascher and David Bond were wonderful. They made an extremely traumatic time some much easier. Everyone in their office is kind and caring. My husband and I truly felt like family.
in Appleton, WI |
Our experience with Dr. Wascher has been a very long journey starting in 2004. He has been there for us the whole time. He is in our opinion, the very best there is-hands down. Life wouldn't be the same without his right hand man-- David Bond. Life is a constant change--.....and Neuro Spine IS THE BEST THERE IS!!!!!!
in Green Lake Wi |
Dr Wascher and his assistant David Bond return calls within hours. They both explain procedures, read your file before seeing you and are prepared to explain and answer questions about your issue. They are 100% in directions for pre op and post op. We felt listened to, and hopeful they would do their upmost skill to fix the problem. We cannot say enough about the care and concern we received from Dr Wascher and his assistant David. We feel blessed to have been treated by Dr Wascher .
in Chilton, WI |
Dr. Wascher and David Bond were very thorough in explaining my condition and the steps to be taken to resolve it. After my successful surgery, Dr. Wascher didn't require unnecessary appointments. He is always thoughtful of the patient. I required care 20 years ago and choose Dr. Wascher then, so when I recently needed care, I went back to Dr. Wascher. Excellent choice!
in De Pere, WI |
Dr. Wascher and his team are very professional, very talented and extremely friendly and approachable. They have shown great care and expertise in every step with my diagnosis, my surgery and now my rehabilitation. The surgery was a complete success. My C5/C6/C7 fusion surgery turned out great. The pain is gone and the rehab has been very manageable. His entire team is exceptional and his assistant, David Bond, is especially noteworthy.
Dr. Wascher and David are the best! They not only take care of all your physical needs, they also take care of your emotional needs. They ease your fears. You always understand what is wrong, how they will treat your condition and know they are going to do their very best to help you. God has gifted these two men with extraordinary talents. Bless you both.
in Hortonville, WI |
Fantastic! Mr. David Bond is also awesome! The two make a great team! I was being treated at Neuro Science Group for 3 years prior. (They are nothing but a money mill!) I got the runaround by them and they bled money out of me hand over fist. I took recommendation from my father to seek out Dr. Wascher. I did, and I was pain free within 3 weeks of our first visit. They did a decompression surgery on my L5S1 and I walked out of the clinic. Years and years of pain gone!!! So VERY Thankful!
in Manitowoc, WI |
Very Confident, but not cocky. He has helped me when no one else could
in Appleton, WI |
We are more than happy with the surgery that Dr.Wascher performed.also his ability to communicate in laymens terms.have nothing but the highest praise for him and Neuro Spine.and also his assistant David Bond.
in Appleton WI 54961 |
Dr Wascher is outstanding- compassionate, caring and kind. He took the time to thoroughly explain everything about the surgery needed to repair a badly herniated disc. Same thing for my post-op visit. I never felt like I was being 'talked-down' to, or that I was taking up his time. I felt like I was in very capable hands from the beginning. Dr Wascher also has a great team. Pat and David were also warm, welcoming and knew their stuff. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.
in Neenah, WI |
I have 2 herniated discs and after years of shots I decided to get the microdisectomy surgery done. Dr. Wascher was highly recommended by my mother in law, who has worked with him in the past. He answered any question I had about it and made me feel confident about the outcome. He was very easy to talk to and made it known he wants to give the best customer service. 12 weeks after surgery and I feel good. I would highly recommend working with him. Thanks Dr. Wascher for a pleasant experience!
in Marinette Wi |
I found Dr Washer as a professional who became highly recommended by others in the medical industry. He took the time to explain the surgery to me, and explained what he expected me to do before, during and after the surgery to minimize any risk, and what he was going to do during the surgery to ensure a positive outcome. I highly recommend Dr Washer.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher truly cares about his patients. I have been seeing him for treatment of a benign brain tumor. He explains things in a warm, matter-of-fact way, while also demonstrating loving care. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field. I feel like he is walking my journey with me.
in Oshkosh, WI |
Outstanding. I had a herniated disk with complications and was in intense pain despite powerful pain meds. Dr. Wascher saw me Thursday morning and told me he would operate the next morning if I could get a pre-op physical done. I couldn't have asked for better service and more importantly the surgery was flawless.
in Fremont, WI |
Dr. Wascher and David Bond are amazing, yet they are modest on what they are capable of accomplishing. Dr, Revord did initial evaluation, and from there it was all fast-forward. The whole team at Neuro-Spine is synchronized. Very respectful, courteous, professional. Dr. Wascher and David Bond gave thorough explanations of the procedures. David talked with me in pre-op. My wife appreciated the phone updates during surgeries. Dr. Wascher visited my bedside. So grateful. Thank You for what you do !
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher was extremely easy to talk to. Very knowledgeable about the procedure and always got back to me right away. He even called me on a Sunday afternoon to check on how I was doing. He doesn't schedule or try to make you schedule unnecessary or extra appointments.
in New London, WI |
14 years ago I was referred to Dr. Wascher because of a brain tumor. Dr Wascher and his nurse, David Bond and another physician removed the tumor. Now after 2 years of having back pain, physical therapy, chiropractic and 4 spinal injections, I had fusion of L4-5. It has been 2 months. I have followed the post op instructions and am doing very well. My husband and I Thank God every day for Dr. Wascher and David. The clinic staff is always very friendly and helpful.
in Appleton, WI |
This was the perfect doctor to get myself back on track. I came in his office as a wounded and pained young lady, but now I am 90% better. With a little more therapy that he recommends I should make a full recovery. Thank u so much, u and your team are superheroes!
in Appleton, WI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wascher and David Bond. I had surgery on my lower back which was even more complex due to an unrelated medical condition. Dr. Wascher and David Bond took every precaution to ensure not only that my back would be fixed, but also that my overall health would not be jeopardized. The personal care I received from both Dr. Wascher and David Bond was outstanding. They monitored my condition from start to finish and have given me my life back and I am very grateful.
in Appleton, WI |
I had a disk that was out of place (herniated?) in my neck, pain going down my left arm. Did physical therapy. Had an MRI and saw Dr. Wascher. He took one look at the MRI, about 3 minutes looking at me, another 5 minutes showing me his binder of all of the people he did neck surgery on. Said to schedule surgery on my way out. I didn't. Did physical therapy at Thedacare for another month. It went back into place and I have been pain free for over 10 years now. Why so eager to cut into a person?
in Neenah, WI |
great guy. professional yet friendly
in Menashan, WI |
Dr Wascher was examining me for a brain tumor and discovered I had a neck problem that could paralyze me if I was in a bad accident. I had the surgery to fix my neck so if my head gets moved around when the tumor is taken care of no damage to my neck will occur. I wish to Thank Dr. Wascher and David Bond for the excellent care I have received so far. Dan Hermans
in Kaukauna, WI |
The care he gave my Mom, who is 92 and had a severe brain injury, was excellent. With his quality care and concern, I have my Mom back and thinking clearly and quite active. He is the best as is his staff. She had excellent care. Thank God for wonderful specialists like Dr. Wascher. Catherine Jakl
in De Pere, WI |
Dr Wascher is a Best in Class person and has surrounded himself with a Best in Class Team. From the moment I arrived at his office to the last visit, I felt like I was the only person they taking care of. The professionalism, explanation, urgency and priority that was given to me was outstanding. I read a note of recognition on the wall in the office and cannot find a better way to say it, Thank You, not just for what you did, which was wonderful, but for the way you did it
in Appleton, WI |
I had a very complicated 2 day surgery. One of the best doctors around. I had no complications and having a perfect recovery. He is outstanding!
in Wisconsin |
Dr Wascher is beyond superb, he is the best in care I've ever been given! He is patient, kind, extremely caring, smart, knowledgeable, compassionate, and I never feel rushed! I am never a number with him or his staff! His assistant David is just as marvelous. They are both earthly angels and I thank k GOD for blessing me with them, and their kind expertise. In this world where the elderly are often considered disposable, Dr & David make me feel like family!
in Appleton, WI |
The entire process with Dr. Wascher's office and staff was so organized that it was hard to believe. From the initial appointment to the surgery to the after surgery follow-up and rehab, everything was scheduled and taken care of for you. Even appointments outside of their office were set up by his staff to meet time frames that were acceptable to your schedule. And the friendliness and attitude of the entire staff is exceptional. Wonderful place to do business if you need healthcare.
in Greenville,WI |
I was very pleased with all the staff and doctors, they all were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! Dr. Wascher was very nice and easy to talk to! He answered all my questions and his staff was always available if I had any problems or questions! His skills as a surgeon are exemplary! The whole experience from start to finish was very pleasant!
in Manitowoc, WI |
When Dr. Wascher first called me he asked how I was doing. I said okay and he said he would not be calling me if I was doing okay. He assessed my neck condition right away. Since the surgery my numbness is gone and the burning is a lot less. My pain level has decreased significantly. My experience in dealing with Dr. Washer and the Neuro Spine Center was fantastic. They listened to me and explained why I was having neck problems. I would recommend Dr. Wascher highly.
in Hilbert, WI |
He does not mess around. I was in severe pain with loss of movement and he reacted quickly. In less than 2 weeks from his diagnosis he had me back to a pain free life. This is the second time in 10 years he has done this for me. He is a truly gifted surgeon. He explained everything extremely well before the procedure and his staff is also excellent.
in Greenville, WI |
Dr. Wascher saved my life. He killed my brain tumor and let me enjoy the rest of my life. Thank You again Dr. and also David Bond.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Wascher experience with my particular surgery gave me great confidence heading into such a major surgery. By strictly following his rules/suggestions I had excellent results.
in Ripon, WI |
Dr. Wascher and Dr. Bond are THE BEST; couldn't have asked for better surgeons! They made me feel at ease from the very first moment I met with them clear through my surgery and recovery. Top Notch all the way!
in Appleton, WI |
What can you say, from the stall scheduling appointment and testing, to being on time for your scheduled appointment. you can't go wrong here. Dr. Wascher and David are the best in what they do. compassionate, understanding and willing to take the time with you to answer all your questions both pre and post op. This was my second surgery with Dr. Wascher and if I ever need surgery again you can bet he will be the first one I reach out to. Thank-you so much
in Oshkosh, WI |
I had met with him several years ago on 2 previous occasions after other Doctors had recommended surgery for myself and my son. Both times after being evaluated by him and his staff, he determined that surgery was not necessary. When my MRI showed a problem with my spine, I knew that Dr. Wascher was the surgeon that I needed to see. When he told me that I needed surgery this time, I new that it was necessary. I had total confidence in his abilities and knew that I was in good hands.
in Waupaca, WI |
The experience is unmatched in customer service and professionalism. I would and have recommended this physician to many people.
in Kaukauna, WI |
Dr. Wascher and his staff are nothing short of amazing! I know I can call the office and get a call back the same day - he and his staff are truly dedicated to their patients. I would recommend Dr. Wascher to all of my family and friends.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas M. Wascher, MD?
Are you Dr. Wascher?

Compare Dr. Wascher

Dr. Wascher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Wascher has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wascher's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Barrow Neur Inst-St Joseph's Hosp

Completed in 1992

Eastern Illinois University

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Wascher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wascher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic