Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 63

Neurosurgery

Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Appleton, WI and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from LOYOLA UNIV OF CHICAGO STRITCH SCH OF MED in 1985. He is affiliated with medical facilities Thedacare Regional Medical Center Appleton and Thedacare Regional Medical Center Neenah. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD

Neuro Spine Center of Wisconsin SC

5320 W Michaels Dr Appleton, WI 54913

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Wascher with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Make an appointment at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago today at (312) 820-0151.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Dr. Wascher's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wascher

Spinal tumor removal
I saw Dr. Wascher for a spinal tumor, after meeting with him, I knew he was the right surgeon for the job, his knowledge and expertise of the spine is unmatched, he explained the procedure in detail and after the initial appointment I felt I was definitely in the right hands. My insurance however would not cover the surgery at his specific hospital, Dr Wascher went to bat for me with my insurance company. Unfortunately my insurance company did not budge, so Dr Wascher ended up switching to a different hospital so my insurance would cover the surgery there. Dr Wascher could have passed me off to a different surgeon, but he stuck with me and for that I am forever grateful for his dedication and compassion. The surgery went great and the entire tumor was removed. Thank you Dr. Wascher and everyone at neuro spine.
Jesse Smith – Jan 27, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
I called Dr Wascher's office on December 16, got an appointment on Deccember 19th and had surgery January 3rd. He went out of his way to take good care of me. He was very helpful in explaining what the problem was and how he would fix it. Follow up with him was awesome and I am now able to walk again. I had a bulging disc in L4 L5 on the right side which was affecting my right leg, thanks to Dr Wascher I now have full use of my right leg and recovery is going great. Thank you for the miracle Dr Wascher
Jan 21, 2023
Feel Better Fast
Absolutely fabulous. What a wonderful process from start to finish. He is a very down to earth doctor and the staff at the surgery center are top notch. Thank you
Jan 13, 2023
Pain is gone
I have had issues with my back for years. I used other methods of treating my problems before seeing a neurologist. They only used x-rays to look at my back and in doing so missed what only an MRI could see. I had a condition that is found in 1 out of 65000 people. I came to see Dr.Greenberg, who showed my MRI to Dr.Wascher. I was told that I needed immediate emergency surgery or risk long term and possibly permanent nerve damage. Within hours of their findings I was in surgery and on my way to being free of pain. I would like to thank Dr.Wascher and the team at the Neuro-spine Center for their quick actions and the caring they have shown me after my surgery.
B. Dettlaff – Jan 11, 2023
Life changing surgery
Dr. Wascher fixed my herniated disc. He was able to operate two weeks after consultation which is amazingly quick. I woke up from surgery and was able to straighten my leg with no pain for the first time in a very long time. I have my life back. His entire team is amazing. I can't say enough good things about them. If you are in pain, go see them!!
DSutton – Jan 11, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
HIGHLY Recommended for Spine health and wellness!
Dr Thomas Wascher is excellent for ER response, as well as his team, then follow up at Thedacare Neenah scheduled for emergency surgery but following extensive CT / Xray / MRI gave me the option to have a custom medical brace made to wear 12 weeks to have my body attempt to heal / grow back T-6 Burst Fracture. SUCCESS!!! It worked.. long haul but I am so impressed that a surgeon would suggest this and have surgery down the road the option if needed! So far so good! No more brace by Christmas from September 20th drop fall from a faulty step stool! WHAT A RELIEF! Healing to continue up to a year. Plus....I REALLY LIKE THE GUY! HA! Do not hesitate to call upon Dr Thomas Wascher at Neurospine Center Appleton. Wascher Cervical Spine Institute for all your health and wellness Neurological and/or spinal needs!!! Kelly J Hogan-Roth (Happy Patient!!)
Highly recommended Dr Thomas Wascher for all Neuro – Jan 05, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
Could not even make an appointment
Clicked the big "Book Consultation" button the website with no return call. Then called and left message. No return. Called again. A day later got a call back and he left a message. I called back again the next day and had to leave another message. Finally got a call back and ran out of a meeting to answer the call. The person said that he could not schedule an appointment and would need someone else to call back. May be a good doctor, but it is meaningless if you cannot schedule an appointment. Did not pursue any further.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 10, 2022
Best possible care
Dr. Wascher is a completely brilliant surgeon who provided excellent care and treatment. He performed an extremely difficult surgery on my back that made a world of difference for me. Between he and Anthony Lee at NeuroSpine, I received the best possible care. They answer all questions honestly and directly, they are quick to return phone calls, and will always make sure you completely understand everything. You couldn't ask for better health care.
camille leisten – Dec 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
Dr Wascher performed surgery and fusion on my lower lumbar area to relieve sharp pain in my back and legs. Excellent results. Everything was explained in a easy to understand manner. Highly recommend Dr. Wascher and his team David Bond, Anthony Lee and Casey Brown.
Bill Waldschmidt – Nov 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
Dr. Wascher is smart, talented and compassionate with caring bedside manner. I felt totally confident in his care and have my life back after a triple cervical fusion. Would highly recommend Dr. Wascher and his awesome team Anthony Lee and David Bond.
Nov 18, 2022
Awesome Doc
Dr. Wascher is the best. Beyond this world smart & talented
Todd M. Berger – Nov 09, 2022
Excellent surgeon
Dr Wascher is a very honest, humble, Christian surgeon with excellent surgical outcome ratings and a great bedside manner.
Nov 04, 2022
C7 Breakage
I've seen Dr. Wascher before for an acoustic neuroma/vestibular schwannoma that was successfully treated. Recently, I had a bad fall and broke my C7. As expected, I spent 9 weeks in a neck brace but received excellent care from David Bond and Dr. Thomas Wascher.
Julie – Oct 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
has a very good reputation in his field of neck an
Dr. Wascher was very honest about my surgery and what to expect at every turn. Upon follow up appointments he would explain why the pain i was getting, was normal and gave me what to expect for the next 6 months to a year and so far he was right on.
Gary Schmitz – Oct 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
The best choice for a second opinion!
I was scheduling for a back surgery, when I decided to get a second opinion. Thank goodness I did! My problem was not from my back, but instead, my elbow. I had a very simple surgery with Dr. Wascher at the Neuro Spine Center of Wisconsin in Appleton and my problem was gone. Thank you for your expertise and a wonderful experience. The staff is amazing from start to finish.
Frank Corrente – Aug 19, 2022
My 3 level ACDF surgery!
I would just like to thank Dr. Wascher the outstanding care that he gave me. I had ACDF surgery and didn’t really know what to expect. I was comfortable going to my 1st appointment, because I had done my research on Dr. Wascher. Thank you for having that available to me. Dr. Wascher fully explained everything to me at my level, making it easy for me to understand. I never saw David Bond, but had conversations on the phone with him. I was so impressed that he called back the same day and answered all my questions. A special thank you to Anthony Lee! He was outstanding when I saw him at my appointments. He actually took the time and didn’t rush out the door. He asked me more than once if I had any questions and answered all of my questions. I’ve talked to Anthony many times on the phone. Once again, he called the same day and was awesome answering my questions. I have recommended Dr.Wascher to people already and will continue to do so! Thank you again!
Cindy Gygax – Aug 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?
Dr. Thomas M. Wascher's lengthy experience, reputation and his positive surgical outcomes with cervical spinal surgery all factored into my decision to have him perform my surgery this past year. His sound preoperative surgical judgements, technical expertise and his carefully conservative and effective post operative management certainly were evident in my experience as a patient. His support staff of David Bond APNP, CNRN and Anthony Lee PA-C were very knowledgeable and thorough in their pre and post operative management roles and were always prompt in returning any calls and providing clear answers to patient questions. The physical therapist, Cindy J. Hillesheim, is wonderful as a positive and knowledgeable force in one's recovery going forward as well. They all make a successful and effective team.
Edwin (Skip) Wilson M.D. – Aug 09, 2022
Pain Free
Dr Wascher performed a microdisectomy. After months of sciatic nerve pain I am feeling great! His whole team is very professional.
Aug 05, 2022
Cervical fusion
I have had neck/shoulder pain/numbness for a couple of years. Many non-invasive treatments had been attempted with limited results. This past May Dr. Wascher performed an extremely successful cervical fusion. My pain is completely gone. I can't say enough about the care I have received. I would recommend anyone with neck pain see Dr. Wascher.
Denny Scharine – Aug 01, 2022
Excellent care
Dr.Wascher and David Bond are very thorough and genuinely care about their patients.
William E Stampfli – Jul 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wascher?