Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Vikoren, MD
Dr. Thomas Vikoren, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Doylestown, PA. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Vikoren is affiliated with Doylestown Hospital.

800 W State St Ste 204

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Vikoren

My goal is to help people suffering from arthritis to be relieved of pain and live better quality lives.

Dr. Vikoren's Experience

Dr. Vikoren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Dartmouth College
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Harvard University Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Vikoren has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vikoren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vikoren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vikoren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vikoren to family and friends
Dr. Vikoren Says:

WWW.bucksortho.com

Dr. Vikoren's Performance
in Perkasie, PA |
My total right hip replacement with Dr. Vikoren was a wonderful experience. I was very impressed with his quick diagnosis, his energetic attitude and great smile, which gave me a confident feeling that he sincerely enjoys his work helping his patients to be pain free again. After 2 1/2 weeks with my new hip I was enjoying going on walks again. What a difference from the chronic pain I had been experiencing. Thanks again to Dr. V and staff for my new hip.
in Wycombe, PA |
I was quite anxious about the whole hospital/surgery thing before-hand,, but I couldn't be happiier with my total hip replacement experience and recovery! I highly recommend Dr. Vikoren and the entire Bucks Ortho Team!
in Levittown, PA |
I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Vikoren in March 2016 and will have my left replaced in October 2016. I am a rather large person and Dr. Vikoren didn't hesitate to educate me before- during- after my procedure while paying attention to my individual needs based on my large frame. I also find him to be warm and friendly!
Lambertville, NJ |
I would highly recommend working with Dr. Vikoren if you have any orthopedic needs. He's upbeat, friendly, and is willing to explain what's going on and what needs to be done. He's also expedient and direct, which I much appreciated.
Ambler, PA |
It is four weeks since I had my knee replaced by Dr, Vikoren and I have excellent range of motion. Dr, Vikoren and his staff did an excellent job of preparing me for surgery and then getting me ready to go home from the hospital. They were very responsive with phone inquiries. Dr. Vikoren is very skilled. I believe his skill is responsible for my good progress. Getting your knee replaced is not easy, but I feel Dr, Vikoren and his staff were wonderful in helping me to get through this.
in Doylestown, PA |
I had a full right hip replacement on July 19, 2017. I can't say enough good things about the care and attention I got from Dr. Thomas Vikoren, the staff at Doylestown Hospital, and the physical therapists at Doylestown Hospital. I was walking without a cane within 2 weeks, I was driving 2 weeks and 2 days after surgery because I went off the pain meds. I wish I had done this years ago. Thanks to my primary physician for this recommendation.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Vikoren replaced my right hip in October, 2016, and my right hip on July 19th, 2017. Both surgeries went very well and I stayed in the hospital one night, and started outpatient P.T. at Doyestown Hospital the day after coming home. My recovery has been quick, and I have gained strength rapidly. Excellent service and surgeries.
in Penllyn, PA |
Dr. Vikoren replaced my right knee in June, 2017. He addressed all my concerns as quickly and thoroughly as possible. The surgery went smoothly. He showed concern about my aftercare at the hospital and later at physical therapy. My recovery is going smoothly. He has been a pleasure to deal with throughout the process.
in Jamison |
Doctor Vikoren had been recommended to me by about 4 people. He was great! When I spoke to him about the operation, my fears were put to rest. One of the goals of my surgery was to have both legs straight. My right leg was at 19 degrees to my left leg, making me knock kneed. After surgery I have 2 straight legs and no pain. I only had 10 sessions of PT and went back to the gym after 6 weeks. Thank you Dr. Vikoren for a better quality of life and the ability to chase after my young grandson!
in Warminster, PA |
I am a patient of Dr. Vikorens' and just had a a total knee replacement one month ago. I can't say enough about the care given to me. When I first had knee issues, I went to Penn but never was comfortable or sure of the care I was given. I can honestly say deciding to switch to Dr. Vikoren was the best decision I made. He is a true professional and an excellent surgeon, who made me feel confident of my choice from the very beginning. He is my # 1 recommendation.
in Doylestown, PA |
My right knee was done just two weeks ago by Dr. Vikoren. I was having trouble with my knee for years and every time I looked into or asked someone who had experience with tkr, Dr. Vikorens name came up. I now know why. He really does have a kind caring personal approach. And he does take time to answer questions. You can even call days before surgery with 'one last question'! Amazing! He won't forget your concerns. Dr Vikoren is special. You will be in good hands !!!
in NBucks County, PA |
Excellent care all-around. Dr. Vikoren is approachable, personable, and straightforward. The staff at Doylestown hospital cannot be beat. He has a great team; folks who clearly love what they do.
in Richlandtown, Pa. 18955 |
After many years of suffering from left knee pain the time had come to seek medical help, i am very grateful to have met Dr Thomas Vikoren, he understood the pain i was in and offered me two choices to relieve the pain, total knee replacement or a regiment of medicine. The choice for me was to get the knee replaced, and i can tell you i am glad i did. Dr Vikoren and Doylestown hospital made me feel safe and comfortable at all times. After a course of Physical Therapy i am back to loving life.
in Doylestown, PA |
Great surgical experience with a total hip replacement. . Dr Vikoren and his staff did a fantastic job from the initial visit through the surgical process and two weeks into recovery I am walking easily without a cane, back to work and other than dealing with the frustrating normal post-operative restrictions/precautions have no complaints or concerns for the care I received. The nursing staff and volunteers as well as physical/occupational therapists were great as well.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
I got the runaround from the Rothman Clinic for a year and finally decided to seek out another doctor. I was referred to Dr. Vikoren by my primary care practitioner and knew immediately that I'd found the right surgeon for my right hip replacement. He put me in his fast recovery program and now two weeks out from surgery, I'm making huge progress by the day and feeling worlds better. I only wish I'd started with him. Yes, going to Doylestown was out of the way for me, but SO WORTH IT.
in North Wales, PA |
Dr Vikoren did my total knee replacement surgery at Doylestown Hospital in May 2017. Within 2 weeks of this surgery and with physical therapy, I was going up and down on the stair without cane. It was indeed an amazing experience to interact with Dr Vikoren who is extremely courteous, caring, professional and competent. I will rate him as one of the best knee surgeons in this area. I recommend him to any one who may be looking to get the total knee replacement surgery in future. Anup Chaudhry
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr Vikoren is a wonderful surgeon who proved excellent care for me pre-, during, and post-surgery. My right hip replacement was completed late May 2017 and as promised, I was back in the water swimming within three weeks. Dr Vikoren never appears to be too busy to listen and provide guidance/answers/solutions in a friendly manner. I enthusiastically recommend Dr Vikoren, Bucks County Orthopedic Specialists and Doylestown Hospital to anyone who is thinking about hip replacement surgery.
Hatboro, PA |
I was extremely happy with my experience with Doylestown hospital and Dr.Vikoren and his staff. Four weeks after my total knee replacement , I had less pain and was walking better that I had been before my surgery.
in Telford, PA |
I was walking without my cane just three weeks after my total knee replacement. I only used it for long distances. Dr. Vikoren and his team were amazing. My entire experience with Dr. Vikoren and Doylestown Hospital was exceptional. I have, and will, recommend him to anyone who needs a knee replacement.
in North Wales, PA |
Had a total hip replacement performed after waiting through 3 years of pain. This was my first surgery and I was very anxious about it. The doctor and the team at Doylestown hospital were very professional and thorough. They had me walking briefly after surgery and the very next day I was walking the hallways with assistance. I had very minor pain right after surgery and didn't need any pain medicine when I arrived home other than aleve. 10 days later I was cane free. Wow.Thank You!
in Doylestown, PA |
The hip replacement surgery went very well. I prehabbed the month before surgery and stared rehab 3 days after the surgery. I was walking without a walker a day later and without a cane about a week and a half after surgery. Couldn't be happier.
in Perkasie, Pa. |
This was my second TKR and my first by Dr. Vikoren. I couldn't have been more pleased. Every step of the way was handled in the most professional manor. Based on my first TKR Dr. Vikoren and his staff went well above my expectations. My physical therapist even commented how good a job my surgeon had done. I couldn't have asked for more. I highly recommend Dr. Vikoren. Thanks for all you have done.
in Lansdale, PA |
My experience with Dr Vikoren was outstanding. His approach towards my orthopedic needs was commendable. My case was special since my first and second replacement of my knee was not successful. He has done what my previous surgeon could not. He is committed to providing his patients with the highest quality of care. I look forward to him replacing my other knee in a few years.
in New Hope, PA |
Just had my second knee replaced by Dr. Thomas Vikoren, and my total experience was even better than the first time in 2009 . New approaches to managing inflammation had me up the same day. At five weeks, I am walking up and down the steps normally with no cane and driving. The Dr. makes the difference, not a well advertised institution. Everyone said why not the blank institution and I said because I want an outstanding Doctor not a nameplate on an institution! Thank you Dr. Vikoren!
in Perkasie PA |
I went to Dr. Vikoren for a full hip replacement. I was impressed with his approachable, friendly bedside manner. The staff was extremely professional and very friendly. The physical therapist had me walking 4 hours after surgery and climbing stairs 8 hours post surgery. The Doylestown Hospital DASH program was excellent allowing me to progress to near full recovery within 9 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Vikoren and will return to his practice should I require a future knee or hip replacement.
in Ottsville, PA |
I went to see Dr. Vikoren for hip replacement, he came across very sincere and straight forward about my issue. He spoke directly to me about the procedure and recovery and made me feel at ease. My surgery was extremely successful and I was walking the same day. My progress in the rehabilitation phase has also gone smoothly with the help of the Doylestown Health team. Thank you Dr. Vikoren for giving me my life back without pain, you were wonderful and I remain forever grateful for your care!
in upper black eddy, pa. |
I am sorry I did not contact Dr. Vikoren two years ago when my hip and pain began. I was sent to various specialists with no lasting results. Finally, I made an appointment and am pain free. After only two nights in the hospital (an excellent experience), home therapy and now out- patient therapy, I'm doing great after a month and a half. Dr. Vicoren was terrific. I'd highly recommend him and tell you, don't wait!
Doylestown, PA |
I could not be happier with my knee replacement surgery performed by Dr. Vikoren and his team in January 2017. I credit their before and after care with my rapid recovery and return to an active lifestyle.
in Doylestown, PA |
I knew as soon as I met Dr. Vikoren that he was the right doctor to replace both of my knees at the same time. Because of his attitude and his high level of expertise I feel great!
Warminster, PA |
Very satisfied with my hip replacement. Dr. Vikoren is very competent and caring. Also very pleased with Doylestown Hosp. and nursing staff.
in Perkasie |
Dr. Vikoren replaced my right hip Mar. 1 2017. I can only say good things about my experience. From the surgery, to the ortho floor, and Pt. at Doylestown Hospital with my therapist Mary Ellen W. I would recommend DR. Vikoren , Doylestown Hospital, and Physical Therapy Department, one stop shopping. Thanks to all
in Warrington, PA |
Dr. Vikoren repaired my very badly torn quadriceps in 2012. The surgery, post visits and care and my overall experience with him was exceptional! I most recently visited the group again to repair a left torn quadriceps. Again, a very positive experience and will start physical therapy soon. I would highly recommend Dr. Vikren to friends and family as well as this orthopedic group!
in Doylestown, PA |
From the time of my first appointment, through my total hip replacement and continuing through post surgery follow-up I cannot say enough about the quality of care I have received from Dr. Vikoren and the entire team in his practice. I will recommend him and his team to any and all who may need the services of an Orthopedic practice.
in Buckingham, PA |
Dr. Vicoran replaced my hip in 1/2017.He showed an interest and a caring attitude toward my hip issue and I did not feel like I was just a hip or a knee patient, but a person. In addition to his earnest bedside manner his surgical skills have enabled a rapid and positive recovery. A Nurse Pract., 2 people (I know) who have observed his surgical skills and a patient all highly recommended him. Dr. Vicoran treats you as a whole person. That coupled with his surgical skills make him my #1 choice.
in Newtown, Pa |
I think Dr. Vikoren is most excellent. My sister recommended him to me after having her both knees replaced and she couldn't say enough about him for his excellence. I had a total left hip replacement back before Christmas of 2016. My sister chose him, again, for her hip replacement that took place back three weeks after mine. Good person, personable, dedicated, intelligent... I would recommend him to anyone.
in SOUDERTON |
I met Dr. Vikoren 2 years ago when I needed my "first" hip replacement and found him to be an amazing doctor who did not rush the appt & looked me right in the eyes when speaking to me. He explained the whole process from beginning to end so I would understand what I would be experiencing. My first hip replacement went off beautifully as I would have expected because of Dr. Vikoren. My second hip replacement was one month ago and again, an amazing experience. Love him.
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Vikoren replaced my left knee in December 2016. Two months later I walked all around Disney World with three grandchildren, totally pain free. The keys to this success: a great surgeon and very hard work at PT. Go to every session determined to push hard and keep up with exercises at home. It is an ordeal for several weeks but after 10 years of pain, I can now say it changed my life.
CHALFONT, PA |
Didn't seem to care much and interested about other things/topics unrelated to problem. Need someone who has genuine interest and he did not present him self that way at all! Disappointed!
in Jamison, PA |
My activity prior to a total knee replacement was limited and it was very painful to walk. I was home within 28 hours of my surgery - walking with a walker and no complications. Back at work within 3 weeks with no pain. Amazing! I would recommend Dr. Vikoren and Doylestown Hospital very highly.
in Doylestown, PA |
I had a THR 4 weeks ago, performed by Dr. Vikoren. The surgery was a success and after 4 weeks I'm nearly back to resuming most of my normal activities. I am impressed with Dr. Vikoren, his entire staff, the Doylestown Hospital nurses, and the Bucks Orthopedic Physical Therapists! They have all been patient and supportive during my recovery. Thanks for giving me back my quality of life!
in Abington, PA |
Dr. Vikoren is an amazing surgeon! He was highly recommended by a friend who also had both hips replaced. While I was anxious about having both hips replaced, his friendly & caring manner made me feel at ease. I had my left hip replaced in October 2016 and the results were tremendous, pain gone, so I scheduled the right one in January 2017. I am so happy! Finally I am on the road to walking normally and pain free and am so thankful to Dr. Vikoren for his expertise and care!
in Lahaska, PA |
Dr. Vikoren worked with me, allowing me to decide when I really needed my total knee replacement. He answered all my questions, the surgery a success, and my results have been good.
doylestown, PA |
In our consultations Dr. Vikoren has been friendly, helpful and open minded. He took my input and offered solutions to my knee problems. Unfortunately my interactions with him are the only highlight of dealing with this practice. If you ever want to feel like a number or a piece of meat this is the place. From the phone labyrinth of setting an appt to the universally unpleasant office staff you may be so frustrated that you forget about your orthopedic problems before ever seeing a Doctor.
in Doylestown, PA |
Only two weeks from my total knee replacement and I'm virtually pain free and walking many blocks at a time. I still am working on flexibility but am ahead of schedule. I credit the quality work of Dr Vikoren and his attention to details. I have zero qualms with giving a wholehearted recommendation that you consider him for your surgery.
in Newtown, PA |
Dr. Vikoren replaced my hip; I could not have asked for a better result. I was walking unassisted in 3 weeks and fully functional at 6 weeks. Dr. Vikoren explained every aspect of the surgery in detail and was quite willing to answer questions and adjust his post operative treatment based on my needs. It was very easy to schedule initial appointments, surgery and follow-ups.
Doylestown, PA |
Dr Vikoren was my surgeon for a THR. He did a great job of preparing me for the surgery and getting me back up and moving again quickly.
in Lahaska, Pa |
Dr. Vikoren performed a total hip replacement on me in August at Doylestown Hospital. I found the Dr. And support staff at his office and at the hospital all to be excellent. The pre-op information was very helpful. The surgery was performed on Wednesday morning and I was home by noon on Thursday as part of the DASH program. I was up walking with a walker the same day as the surgery. PT started on Friday and was driving four weeks later. By October I was back to all activities. Thank you Dr. V !
in Chalfont, PA |
I went to Dr. Vikoran's office because Rothman Institute was very difficult to deal with, hard to make appointment, seemed like an assembly line. Dr. Vikoran was great from our first meeting. He was very informative and caring. The surgery went as planned with a very neat scar due to using glue rather than staples. Recovery has been outstanding. I would highly recommend Dr. Vikoren for knee replacement!
in Quakertown, PA |
I had both my knees replaced by Dr. Vikoren. He did an excellent job. I would recommend him for anyone that is having problems with their knees.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Vikoren is professional and explains exactly what will occur based on diagnosis. I had hip replacement surgery in October and have had excellent results with physical therapy at Doylestown Hospital. Education class and call from a patient who had similar surgery was very helpful. Follow-up visit after four weeks provided good feedback on my progress. I have recommended Dr. Vikoren to several friends for hip and knee surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Vikoren, MD?
Are you Dr. Vikoren?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Vikoren