Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility •  Male • Age 71

Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 40 years. He specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. Vaughn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vaughn

Dr. Vaughn?
Dr. Vaughn's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD
After two early miscarriages, my wife and I were referred to Dr. Vaughn for infertility treatment by our OB doctor. And now we consider ourselves super lucky. He always patiently listened to our concerns and took time answering our questions. He was very comprehensive in collecting different lab and exam results before recommending the best care. We went through a very successful IVF cycle and are now expecting our baby boy pretty soon. Dr. Vaughn brings in excellent medical knowledge as well as great emotional support during the tough moments. We really appreciated the fact that he did all the ultrasounds and other examinations himself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?
Dr Vaughn is the best. after 3 failed IVFs, he was able to uncover the real infertility issues we had and recommended the best approach for us. Now we have our beautiful daughter thanks to Dr Vaughn's professional and human approach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?
I went to Dr Vaughn by recommendation from a friend, after three years of infertility and a disappointing experience with another local fertility doctor. In our first meeting he listened to my story and immediately decided IVF was the correct treatment plan for me. I had never seriously considered IVF, but he clearly explained the pros and cons and reasoning behind his recommendation. I didn't hesitate to accept his advice, which resulted in 6 healthy embryos and a pregnancy on the 1st try.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Vaughn's for about 6-7 months. My husband and I could not have asked for better care. What dr excuses his nurses and does the ultrasounds himself? Dr Vaughn always made us feel extremely comfortable and kept things lighthearted with his jokes when going through something so heavy (also, when appropriate). When we were at a crossroads of whether to stick with IUI for the 4th time or jump into IVF, he was extremely honest with the chances and outcome, which was so ap
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?
Dr. Vaughn is AMAZING!!! I can not say enough good things about this man. Best bedside manner, easy to talk to about fears and worries, answers your questions and has a great nurse staff to help you along the way in your infertility journey. I have had two successful pregnancies with him and can not thank him enough for my miracle babies. HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone if you are having trouble getting pregnant. He is thorough and will make sure you get the best care under him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?
After trying on our own for years, Dr. Vaughn and his staff helped my husband and I get pregnant. From the minute we walked in, Dr. Vaughn realistically led us through all of our options. After some surgery to removed fibroids and a cyst, and some initial testing on both of us, we were able to begin treatment. We did 1 IUI and then moved straight to IVF (our decision). The second IVF was successful. We are expecting a little girl in December! Thank you Dr. Vaughn!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Vaughn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vaughn?

Dr. Vaughn accepts

(512) 309-1906

Dr. Vaughn accepts the following insurance:

Galaxy Health Network
HealthSmart

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Vaughn treats your condition or procedure

• In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Miscarriages
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Polyp

First and foremost, we have developed a patient-centric practice that provides best in class care in a nurturing, yet state of the art environment. We made the conscious commitment to be more than infertility specialists. We perform cutting edge scie...

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

University Of Texas / Austin Campus

• BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICA, 2011
  • TEXAS SUPER DOCTORS, 2004-prese
  • BEST DOCTORS IN AUSTIN, 2011

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Vaughn treats patients.

79% Patient experience rating, 10% higher than the national average

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)
  • America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)