Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Trumble

Bellevue Hand Surgery

1200 112th Ave NE Ste C210 Bellevue, WA 98004

Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD is a hand and upper extremity surgery specialist in Bellevue, WA and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Yale University in 1979 and specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery, orthopedic hand surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Trumble

4.4

13.72549019607843%

Dr. Trumble?
Dr. Trumble's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD
I went into a diabetic coma for over a week four years ago and the good will and diligence they literally raised me from the dead at Saint Peters my health is better now and my respect goes to the Catholics and my friend and neighbors prayers especially Vera. Yours truly Eugene Holmes. Ps you can trust the Catholic ministry
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
negative, find a doctor that will spend the time with you. No help for difficult problems and he will not take the time to help you. His office staff is not as helpful as they used to be, they tend not to return phone calls and good luck if you need urgent help as appointments are booked way out and they often cancel them for surgeries or when they think they don't need to see you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Busy Office, Won't Take the Time to Call you Back, Won't put in proper details for a referral to be accepted by another office. Get maybe a minute with the doctor and spend the rest with the ma and pa-c. Good luck. At one time they squeezed in 20-30 patients per hour or more! Proliance lets you see the doctor for much longer. Plus care can be substandard.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
I had arthritis so bad in both of my wrists, that simple daily things such as turning a door knob, opening a jar, or using most hand tools was extremely painful and I was in pain 24-7. Dr. Trumble performed surgery on my left wrist in 01-16 and my right wrist in 06-16. It involved removing bones and titanium screws and also taking care of the carpal tunnel as well. Just as Dr Trumble literally "wrote the book"on hand & wrist surgery, I could write a book praising him and his staff!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr. Trumble spent little time with me. He was more concerned with teaching other doctors than me. When looking at my x-ray when stumped for words put a text book in front of my face an proceeded to flip through photos of hand surgery for 5 minutes. Then pointed to pictures of replacement and fusion, but again focused on teaching, not ME. I now came back April 4th gave my insurance info. On April 25th day before appt. they call and say they don't take my insurance. THE WORST RUN OFFICE POSSIBLE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
This is my 2nd hand surgery with Dr. Trumble and I would only go to him. He and his staff are fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr. Trumble performed sugery on my daughter's wrists and elbows to fix nerve impingements. The 2nd surgery has made things much worse and she is unable to perform simple tasks without a lot of pain. He has not taken responsibilty for that and only seems fixated on her weight and told her to just accept it and move on. I would think he should show some integrity and repair the damage he caused free of charge before he accepts new patients!! Would never recommend him now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
When I came to dr Trumble I wasn’t able to bend my finger after my 1st visit I gained 90% of movement, after my surgery I can now can bend fully and have most of the feeling back, I appreciate dr trumble for his work and his staff are the best I ever seen, they treat you like they know you already and your comfortable, I would highly recommend Dr Trumble
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
As I age and am slowly crumbling, sure glad I've got him on my side. Middle knuckle replacement, while terrifying, is now 95% 6 months out....which is real good IMHO. In addition to knowing his stuff he's got great chairside talent and really cares about this patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
The absolute best! I have had several surgeries by Dr. Trumble. He is truly is the best and literally wrote the book on hand surgery. Dr. Trumble performed a very rare and complex surgery on my son. He achieved great results after a pervious surgery with another doctor failed. Dr. Trumble is also just a very nice man who truly cares about his patients. He has a great staff of PAs and MAs and PTs that are involved in treating his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Trumble and trust him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
I have worked, as a Medical Interpreter for 20 years, with the best surgeons in the NW, and Dr. Thomas Trumble is the very Best in my opinion. The nicest, most experienced and with the highest success rate/outcome in his surgeries. I admire him deeply and highly recommend him for any surgeries that he is specialized for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr Trumble and Clyde and their team of professionals were all amazing! I had a terrible fracture and dislocation of my index finger on my dominant hand. My first surgery on my hand was done in Canada (where I am from) and was doing incorrectly the surgeon did not put two pins at the joint and the joint collapsed 1 week after surgery. Then my finger would not bend at the PIP joint knuckle on your finger not the knuckle on your hand for about 9 months. I call Dr TRumble and Clyde the "dream team".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr. Trumble has worked on my hand twice, both surgeries are successful and I have no hesitations recommending him to anyone. He listens to you and keeps you informed of your progress making recommendations as needed. You are like a partner with him in obtaining a successful recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
he is very understanding and gives you options. Had surgery and have to tell you how good I felt after him doing my hand - I had him fix the Dupuytren I had in my left hand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
In July 1999 I had both wrists crushed. The damage to each was extensive, requiring multiple bone grafts among other things. Dr Trumble was the surgeon who first worked on my wrists at Harborview Hospital and over the course of two years performed several surgeries that kept my wrists mobile. I am a machinist and need both hands and wrists to work as well as possible. I am positive that the excellent work performed is the reason that today my wrists still work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
I honestly don't know where to begin I have dealt with so many lame doctors/hand specialist/surgeons and they wouldn't give me a MRI just merely look at my hand take a X-ray and offer cortisone shot after 5 shots 3 doctors 3xrays and 1 false surgery on a area of my hand I didn't have pain in?! I met Dr.Trumble!! Needless to say in the 1st visit he had done more than any other specialist/dr. I felt like he looked at my hand like a puzzle he had done before it was awesome from beginning to end!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
After already having previous elbow surgeries was I referred to Dr. Trumble who took on the challenge of helping me drastically improve my range of elbow motion in both arms. A rare arthritic condition developing in my teens which became worse over my adult years limiting my quality of life for my recreation to daily lifestyle routines. I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Trouble and staff for their commitment to my treatment as well as follow through of care. Wish I would had met Trumble Years ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr. Trumble repaired a 9 year old distal tendon repair of my left bicep with excellent results in 2012, following several consultations with other surgeons who said repair would be of no benefit or impossible. I now have approximately 85% power in the left bicep following repair and an aggressive PT program. He will perform ECRB repair on my right elbow in December. Compassionate, professional and thorough. Highly recommend to anyone seeking the best care in this specialty. Thank you Dr. T!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Dr. Trumble did LCL surgery on elbow Feb. 2016, excellent outcome, practically invisible scar and I now enjoy stability of my elbow. I will be having a shoulder/brachial plexus nerve surgery here soon by Dr. Trumble. His staff is excellent and most importantly Dr. Trumble has wonderful patient concern and likes to listen to his patients besides his precision surgical skill. I feel other doctors need to learn from him in how to do their diagnostic workups. I travel 7 hrs one way to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
I love Dr. Trumble. He takes each patient seriously. He clearly explains your condition, what the options are and then makes a plan. Several times I had a 15 minute appointment but required more treatment and he stayed very late to take care of me. He makes everyone feel special and really cares about his patients. He fixed a complicated break in my elementary age son's arm and did a great job on my hand surgery.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Trumble?

By listening to patients and placing yourself in their position, you can best plan treatments that relieve pain and improve function so that patients can return to the activities that they enjoy.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery

1979
1975
1972

Dr. Trumble accepts

Dr. Trumble accepts the following insurance:

Health Net
Providence Health Plans
Personal Option EPO
Regence Blue Shield of Washington
Preferred Provider Network

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Trumble's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Trumble's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Trumble treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Trumble treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Bellevue Hand Surgery

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Trumble treats patients.

Compare Providers