Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD

Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male | 63 years old

By listening to patients and placing yourself in their position, you can best plan treatments that relieve pain and improve function so that patients can return to the activities that they enjoy.Read more

Dr. Trumble's Experience

See how Dr. Trumble's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Trumble

Dr. Trumble accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Trumble has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Trumble's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trumble to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Trumble
Dr. Trumble's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (37)
in Bellevue, WA |
he is very understanding and gives you options. Had surgery and have to tell you how good I felt after him doing my hand - I had him fix the Dupuytren I had in my left hand.
in Clinton, WA |
In July 1999 I had both wrists crushed. The damage to each was extensive, requiring multiple bone grafts among other things. Dr Trumble was the surgeon who first worked on my wrists at Harborview Hospital and over the course of two years performed several surgeries that kept my wrists mobile. I am a machinist and need both hands and wrists to work as well as possible. I am positive that the excellent work performed is the reason that today my wrists still work.
in Kodiak,AK |
I honestly don't know where to begin I have dealt with so many lame doctors/hand specialist/surgeons and they wouldn't give me a MRI just merely look at my hand take a X-ray and offer cortisone shot after 5 shots 3 doctors 3xrays and 1 false surgery on a area of my hand I didn't have pain in?! I met Dr.Trumble!! Needless to say in the 1st visit he had done more than any other specialist/dr. I felt like he looked at my hand like a puzzle he had done before it was awesome from beginning to end!
in Tacoma, WA |
After already having previous elbow surgeries was I referred to Dr. Trumble who took on the challenge of helping me drastically improve my range of elbow motion in both arms. A rare arthritic condition developing in my teens which became worse over my adult years limiting my quality of life for my recreation to daily lifestyle routines. I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Trouble and staff for their commitment to my treatment as well as follow through of care. Wish I would had met Trumble Years ago.
in Orting, WA |
Dr. Trumble repaired a 9 year old distal tendon repair of my left bicep with excellent results in 2012, following several consultations with other surgeons who said repair would be of no benefit or impossible. I now have approximately 85% power in the left bicep following repair and an aggressive PT program. He will perform ECRB repair on my right elbow in December. Compassionate, professional and thorough. Highly recommend to anyone seeking the best care in this specialty. Thank you Dr. T!
in Kamiah, ID |
Dr. Trumble did LCL surgery on elbow Feb. 2016, excellent outcome, practically invisible scar and I now enjoy stability of my elbow. I will be having a shoulder/brachial plexus nerve surgery here soon by Dr. Trumble. His staff is excellent and most importantly Dr. Trumble has wonderful patient concern and likes to listen to his patients besides his precision surgical skill. I feel other doctors need to learn from him in how to do their diagnostic workups. I travel 7 hrs one way to see him.
in Woodinville, WA |
I love Dr. Trumble. He takes each patient seriously. He clearly explains your condition, what the options are and then makes a plan. Several times I had a 15 minute appointment but required more treatment and he stayed very late to take care of me. He makes everyone feel special and really cares about his patients. He fixed a complicated break in my elementary age son's arm and did a great job on my hand surgery.
in Leavenworth, WA |
Dr Trumble operated on me 2 times, the outcome of both of these surgeries has been perfect. One of these surgeries was quite complex. His level of patient care is absolutely outstanding, and I do have a total trust in his expertise and his ability to care for me, no matter how complex or how simple is the problem. On top of all of this Dr Trumble is a very pleasant and very approachable person, with a good sense of humor and ability to put his patients at ease.
in Graham, WA |
If we ever had to do it again (surgery) it would with non other that Dr. Trumble and THE team. The care and professionalism of the entire medical team is outstanding. Have not been to a place where the right hand and left hand and all the fingers worked so well together.
in Bellevue, WA |
Tis is the second treatment on my left ring finger. The previous treatment (11 months ago) had the injection at a node just downstream from the knuckle. The snap finger immediately was resolved. This time the injection was placed toward the palm. After 11 days the snap finger is still persistent.
in Bothell ,wa |
The office is a comfortable friendly place to visit.
in Renton, WA |
I have (unfortunately) had several surgery's involving the spine,two lumbar fusions and now one of my arms/hands. Dr. Trumble and his staff are heads above all of the other medical staff I have ever dealt with. I have never had as much caring and consideration from any other Dr. or his staff. First class before and after the treatment... 5 star....
in Bellevue, WA |
I fell on a hike and broke my right wrist badly. It required surgery; two plates and many screws and pins to put back together. It happened in June 2015 and I am now Feb 2016 done with surgeries and P.T. Though it was a bad experience, I consider myself lucky that I went to Overlake emergency in Bellevue and was referred to Dr. Trumble. He is the best, and his entire staff supported me and got me to where I am today, ready to resume normal life and even go back to hiking.
in Bellevue, WA |
Outstanding care, wonderful experience.
in Issaquah, WA |
Very professional & conscientious
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Are you Dr. Trumble?

Compare Dr. Trumble

Dr. Trumble's Care Philosophy

Dr. Trumble's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Trumble has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Trumble's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

National Student Science Fellowship , Corvallis, Oregon

Completed in 1972

California State University , Sacramento, Ca

Graduated in 1975

Dr. Trumble does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trumble and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.