Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD
Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Bellevue, WA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Trumble is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Issaquah Campus and Overlake Medical Center.

Dr. Trumble's Care Philosophy

By listening to patients and placing yourself in their position, you can best plan treatments that relieve pain and improve function so that patients can return to the activities that they enjoy.

Dr. Trumble's Experience

See how Dr. Trumble's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Trumble

Dr. Trumble accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Trumble is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Trumble has admitting privileges.

Dr. Trumble's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trumble to family and friends
Dr. Trumble's Performance
in Kirkland, WA |
As I age and am slowly crumbling, sure glad I've got him on my side. Middle knuckle replacement, while terrifying, is now 95% 6 months out....which is real good IMHO. In addition to knowing his stuff he's got great chairside talent and really cares about this patient.
in Issaquah, WA |
The absolute best! I have had several surgeries by Dr. Trumble. He is truly is the best and literally wrote the book on hand surgery. Dr. Trumble performed a very rare and complex surgery on my son. He achieved great results after a pervious surgery with another doctor failed. Dr. Trumble is also just a very nice man who truly cares about his patients. He has a great staff of PAs and MAs and PTs that are involved in treating his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Trumble and trust him.
in Seattle, WA |
I have worked, as a Medical Interpreter for 20 years, with the best surgeons in the NW, and Dr. Thomas Trumble is the very Best in my opinion. The nicest, most experienced and with the highest success rate/outcome in his surgeries. I admire him deeply and highly recommend him for any surgeries that he is specialized for.
Dr Trumble and Clyde and their team of professionals were all amazing! I had a terrible fracture and dislocation of my index finger on my dominant hand. My first surgery on my hand was done in Canada (where I am from) and was doing incorrectly the surgeon did not put two pins at the joint and the joint collapsed 1 week after surgery. Then my finger would not bend at the PIP joint knuckle on your finger not the knuckle on your hand for about 9 months. I call Dr TRumble and Clyde the "dream team".
in Newcastle, WA |
Dr. Trumble has worked on my hand twice, both surgeries are successful and I have no hesitations recommending him to anyone. He listens to you and keeps you informed of your progress making recommendations as needed. You are like a partner with him in obtaining a successful recovery.
in Bellevue, WA |
he is very understanding and gives you options. Had surgery and have to tell you how good I felt after him doing my hand - I had him fix the Dupuytren I had in my left hand.
in Clinton, WA |
In July 1999 I had both wrists crushed. The damage to each was extensive, requiring multiple bone grafts among other things. Dr Trumble was the surgeon who first worked on my wrists at Harborview Hospital and over the course of two years performed several surgeries that kept my wrists mobile. I am a machinist and need both hands and wrists to work as well as possible. I am positive that the excellent work performed is the reason that today my wrists still work.
in Kodiak,AK |
I honestly don't know where to begin I have dealt with so many lame doctors/hand specialist/surgeons and they wouldn't give me a MRI just merely look at my hand take a X-ray and offer cortisone shot after 5 shots 3 doctors 3xrays and 1 false surgery on a area of my hand I didn't have pain in?! I met Dr.Trumble!! Needless to say in the 1st visit he had done more than any other specialist/dr. I felt like he looked at my hand like a puzzle he had done before it was awesome from beginning to end!
in Tacoma, WA |
After already having previous elbow surgeries was I referred to Dr. Trumble who took on the challenge of helping me drastically improve my range of elbow motion in both arms. A rare arthritic condition developing in my teens which became worse over my adult years limiting my quality of life for my recreation to daily lifestyle routines. I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Trouble and staff for their commitment to my treatment as well as follow through of care. Wish I would had met Trumble Years ago.
in Orting, WA |
Dr. Trumble repaired a 9 year old distal tendon repair of my left bicep with excellent results in 2012, following several consultations with other surgeons who said repair would be of no benefit or impossible. I now have approximately 85% power in the left bicep following repair and an aggressive PT program. He will perform ECRB repair on my right elbow in December. Compassionate, professional and thorough. Highly recommend to anyone seeking the best care in this specialty. Thank you Dr. T!
in Kamiah, ID |
Dr. Trumble did LCL surgery on elbow Feb. 2016, excellent outcome, practically invisible scar and I now enjoy stability of my elbow. I will be having a shoulder/brachial plexus nerve surgery here soon by Dr. Trumble. His staff is excellent and most importantly Dr. Trumble has wonderful patient concern and likes to listen to his patients besides his precision surgical skill. I feel other doctors need to learn from him in how to do their diagnostic workups. I travel 7 hrs one way to see him.
in Woodinville, WA |
I love Dr. Trumble. He takes each patient seriously. He clearly explains your condition, what the options are and then makes a plan. Several times I had a 15 minute appointment but required more treatment and he stayed very late to take care of me. He makes everyone feel special and really cares about his patients. He fixed a complicated break in my elementary age son's arm and did a great job on my hand surgery.
in Leavenworth, WA |
Dr Trumble operated on me 2 times, the outcome of both of these surgeries has been perfect. One of these surgeries was quite complex. His level of patient care is absolutely outstanding, and I do have a total trust in his expertise and his ability to care for me, no matter how complex or how simple is the problem. On top of all of this Dr Trumble is a very pleasant and very approachable person, with a good sense of humor and ability to put his patients at ease.
in Graham, WA |
If we ever had to do it again (surgery) it would with non other that Dr. Trumble and THE team. The care and professionalism of the entire medical team is outstanding. Have not been to a place where the right hand and left hand and all the fingers worked so well together.
in Bellevue, WA |
Tis is the second treatment on my left ring finger. The previous treatment (11 months ago) had the injection at a node just downstream from the knuckle. The snap finger immediately was resolved. This time the injection was placed toward the palm. After 11 days the snap finger is still persistent.
in Bothell ,wa |
The office is a comfortable friendly place to visit.
in Renton, WA |
I have (unfortunately) had several surgery's involving the spine,two lumbar fusions and now one of my arms/hands. Dr. Trumble and his staff are heads above all of the other medical staff I have ever dealt with. I have never had as much caring and consideration from any other Dr. or his staff. First class before and after the treatment... 5 star....
in Bellevue, WA |
I fell on a hike and broke my right wrist badly. It required surgery; two plates and many screws and pins to put back together. It happened in June 2015 and I am now Feb 2016 done with surgeries and P.T. Though it was a bad experience, I consider myself lucky that I went to Overlake emergency in Bellevue and was referred to Dr. Trumble. He is the best, and his entire staff supported me and got me to where I am today, ready to resume normal life and even go back to hiking.
in Bellevue, WA |
Outstanding care, wonderful experience.
in Issaquah, WA |
Very professional & conscientious
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Trumble, MD?
Are you Dr. Trumble?

Compare Dr. Trumble

Dr. Trumble's Care Philosophy

Dr. Trumble's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Trumble has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Trumble's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

National Student Science Fellowship , Corvallis, Oregon

Completed in 1972

California State University , Sacramento, Ca

Graduated in 1975

Dr. Trumble does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trumble and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery