Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD
Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Munster, IN. He is 44 years old. Dr. Tarin is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center, Franciscan Health Crown Point and Community Hospital.

801 MacArthur Blvd

Munster, IN 46321

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Tarin

Dr. Tarin's Experience

Dr. Tarin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Tarin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tarin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tarin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tarin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tarin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Tarin's Performance
Schererville, IN |
I cannot say how very happy I am with my surgical results. After years of misery with breathing issues I am finally breathing clearly and sleeping better. This has truly been life changing!
in Merrillville,In |
I really appreciate my visit with Dr.Tarin. He made sure that received the best care possible. I will recommend family and friends. Thank you B.P
in Crown Point, IN |
My son had to get tubes in his ear and his tongue done for tongue tied. Dr. Tarin did a awesome job it was such a fast procedure and now everything is healing beautifully and my son is so happy. Thank you Dr. Tarin!
in Lowell, IN |
This is my second bout with cancer. Dr. Tarin's office has always been very professional. His staff would connect me with him immediately if I had any questions. If he wasn't available, he would call me back on his cell phone even if it was after office hours. If his office was full of patients, when it was my time to see him, he NEVER treated me quickly. He always wanted to know if I had any concerns about what I was going thru. I am so HAPPY to have chosen him!! Thank you Dr. Tarin & Staff!!
in Lowell, In. |
Let me first say Dr. Tarin is fantastic! We have a special needs daughter. She refuses to let anyone touch her. Dr. Tarin was referred to us by a nurse. That was the best decision we made by taking her to see him. He is very gentle and ask her before he touches her ears. She has no problems with him working on her. We have been to his office several times and every time has been a good experience for her. I can't thank him enough for treating our daughter. So Thank You So Very Much.
in Wheatfield,IN |
I have been taking both of my children to Dr. Tarin for some time now. We are over the top pleased with his care and treatments. Both of my children have had several surgeries by him and he takes the time out to talk to them to make sure they understand the procedure and what they should expect and then allows them to ask any questions. My son has autism, Dr. Tarin is very calm and his gentle nature makes our visits very enjoyable. I would and have recommended him to others.
Dr. Tarin is a great doctor! He is always very kind and professional. He answers all of my questions in ways that I can understand. After transferring as a patient from a pediactric specialist in Chicago, I feel that Dr. Tarin's care has been spectacular. It's difficult to find a doctor when you're younger that you're comfortable with when having to visit twice a year for follow ups. I've been a patient of his for many years and would highly recommend him for anyone of any age.
in Crown Point, IN |
My father was diagnosed with stage four throat cancer and if it wasn't for Doctor Tarin, he might not be here with us today. He helped my father all the way through his tough battle with cancer and supported him all along the way. My entire family is so very grateful for what he has done, not just with my father, but with all of us throughout the years.
in Lowell, IN |
Dr. Tarin is an excellent ENT and I would recommend him to anyone! He was the one physician in my health care team that thought my neck tumor was aggressive and needed to be removed immediately. He performed the surgery and he was absolutely correct in his diagnosis. He is a skilled surgeon and I trust his judgement without question. I am here today because of him. I continue to see him several times a year and his follow up is thorough and complete. I would not go to anyone else.
in Munster Indiana |
Dr. Tarin is an incredible, compassionate and talented ENT. Truly a gift from God. He is thorough and patient and explains everything clearly. Thanks Dr. Tarin Kirk and Debbie Munster Indiana
Merrillville, IN |
My appointment with Dr Tarin was a pleasant experience. The wait time was not bad at all, the staff was courteous and Dr Tarin spent time with me, went over all my symptoms and what could be causing them and what we could try to correct the problem. I was very pleased with my experience with him and his office staff. I would highly recommend Dr Tarin
in Munster, IN |
We love Dr. Train & have recommended him to many friends, including some of our other physicians! He always makes us feel respected and like what we think, matters. He listens to his patients, and that is so important. To be able to trust one's doctor is huge, and this is one doctor who has gained my & my family's trust. I feel like he really DOES take to heart the line in the Hippocratic oath " First, do no harm." This is one good physician. We feel blessed to have found him..
in Portage Indiana |
My name is Frank Mrugala I am a patient of dr. Thomas Tarin MD, He did my tonsils surgery,He did tell me everything I need to know about this surgery and he did tell me the things that I would be going through after the surgery, I did the things he told me to do, Took my medication as I needed for the pain, I stayed in the house recovering without going outside or doing things I did not need to do, I would recommend him to anyone that I know and his staff that he has are wonderful.
in Merrillville, IN |
Fantastic doctor and surgeon, great bedside manner. Removed a tumor from a gland in my cheek using a facelift incision. There was barely any pain after the surgery and I cannot even see the scar. Highly recommend!
in Munster, IN |
DR TARIN MISDIAGNOSED MY THROAT CANCER AND LAUGHED AT ME ABOUT IT! After seeing him for two years for a sore throat that never went away, I finally went to an ENT in Chicago who said my problem was due to a cancerous growth that's been left untreated for some time. SO I paid a visit to "Doctor" Tarin to tell him what my new doctor in Chicago told me and to ask for an explanation as to why he missed this HE LAUGHED AT ME and said "clearly your throat's changed." A VERY COLD AND UNCARING MAN!
Morris, IL |
Dr. Train successfully perform turbinate reduction and septoplasty surgery. His beside manner is wonderful and he is straight to the point.
Dr. Tarin was nice enough, but both appointments I had with him felt rushed. Both at the initial visit and follow-up. I ended up getting charged an office visit charge for the follow-up, even though I was there less than 5 minutes, just so he could confirm that my positional vertigo was gone ( was already confirmed by the therapist he sent me to). At the initial visit he was understanding, but seemed like he was busy, so I didn't get a chance to ask him if he had any medicine suggestions for my
in Crown Point, IN |
On my first visit, armed with my test results , he realized that I needed to quickly continue with testing and look at both immediate and long term options for my thyroid mass. We scheduled surgery and I had a successful partial thyroidectomy. He and his staff were most informative and answered all my questions and understood my concerns. My surgical scar is barely noticeable a short 2 months after surgery because of his technique.
in Valparaiso, IN |
My 5 year old had his tonsils removed by Dr Tarin and I couldn't be happier with my experience. The first week after surgery was challenging, but after it was smooth sailing. Dr Tarin is very kind and has a great bedside manner. Highly recommend!
Dyer, IN |
I've had sinus infections for years and came to see Dr Tarin to see if he could help. We proceeded with a CT scan and allergy testing in his office. My scan surprisingly looked normal and found out I was allergic to everything. We started a combination of nasal sprays that's been working really well for me. I was relieved so find out I didn't need surgery and am thankful Dr Tarin spent the time with me to figure that out.
Griffith, IN |
I felt very rushed with this Doctor. He was nice, but didn't seem to concerned about my concerns. I wasted my time coming in to be told I wouldn't receive my biosy because I have more than one nodule. This could have been a quick phone call to let me know instead of wasting my time. I was referred to this surgeon, but I'm not sure about working with someone that's to in a hurry to talk with me about my concerns. He had good reviews, but my appointment today was not satisfying.
in Hobart, In |
I've been suffering from chronic sinus infections for my whole life and came to see Dr. Tarin to see if there was anything he could do for me. He was vary polite and has an excellent bedside manner. A CT scan was ordered and performed showing I had narrowing of my sinus openings. We scheduled a sinuplasty procedure in his office and since then I've been breathing better and have not had any infections. It's been almost a year! Thank you Dr. Tarin and staff!
Terre Haute, IN |
This doctor is hard to schedule with because has three offices and in Merrillville only in on certain Wednesdays at certain times. Doctor was polite, but matter of fact, and seemed in hurry. Most nurses/receptionists were very nice. One (wish I had name) needs to learn to smile! I wish staff would introduce themselves by name. Office very clean. This is an ear doctor and staff should realize many people coming in are hard of hearing so speak up!
in Crown Point, IN |
I would have a dent in my face if it wasn't for Dr. Tarin. He placed the metal plate perfectly. I had an MRI years later for dental implants (hockey), and I got to see his work from the inside. I don't think a better job could've been done. My face is still symmetrical, girls still think I'm pretty, shaving was harder for 6mos, couldn't feel half my lip, back to 100% feeling now.
in Highland, IN |
I have severe sleep apnea and have been using a CPAP for the past year. I decided to see Dr. Tarin on a recommendation from a friend. With my chronic rhinitis, deviated septum and sleep apnea he proposed surgery and i agreed. I had my tonsile and adenoids removed, deviated septum straightened, turbinate reduction and both nostrils reconstructed with cartilage from my ear. The staff was professional, the facility was clean and the surgery went great. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Tarin.
Merrillville, IN |
My 80 year old mother saw Dr. Tarin for problems swallowing, she had lost over 30 pound in the last 6 moths. An X-ray was ordered which showed a pouch in her esophagus which was preventing food from passing normally. Dr. Tarin was able to fix this with a procedure that was performed through her mouth instead of an incision through the neck. She was eating normally the next day has has been gaining her weight back! Thank you so much Dr. Tarin, we appreciate what you've done so much!
Crown Point, IN |
I came to Dr. Tarin for severe Sinusitis. He recommended surgery. After surgery and medication, I actually got worse than before surgery. The doctor kept prescribing medications that work when on them, yet cannot take them all the time. I then went to an allergist, who determined I was allergic to mites. Doctor Tarin never recommended I see an allergist. I then got a HEPA filter and special allergen bedding, where now I feel much better. I think surgery was a waste of time and not required.
Clinton, IL |
Did not have a positive experience with Dr. Tarin. He was rushed, and it seemed like I was an inconvenience in his day. Prescribed an outrageously priced nasal spray that did little to help my symptoms. Upon my revisit, suggested that I have an MRI and would probably would have to have nasal surgery. Again, he was rushed in this visit. Probably didn't see him 5 minutes. After the MRI, he said you are fine. He did not give me any other suggestions as to what might be causing my symptoms.
in Highland, IN |
Dr. Tarin has great bedside manners. He has great insight and grace. His office staffs are very professional/helpful. Thank you for going above and beyond for my daughter. It was a rare experience. I'll never forget...
Munster, IN |
Woke up and suddenly had no hearing in one ear. Able to see Dr Tarin same day due to cancellation. He said my ears are clear and clean so he sent me next door for hearing test. Then he diagnosed me with Sudden Idiocratic Hearing Loss and prescribed steroids which is the only thing known to help my condition. My hearing was back to normal after two days!!!!!! Dr Tarin said it was good I came in so soon or there's nothing he could do, but hearing could have came back on it's own. THANK YOU!!!!!!
in Hobart, IN |
Dr. Tarin is an AWESOME doctor! He diagnosed what was wrong with my nose the same day I saw him which made me feel so much better. I had to havr surgery to get the problem fixed and afterwards I felt like myself again! Best feeling in the world is being able to smell after 3 miserable years of not being able to use my nose. I cried tears of joy and am very grateful and thankful for having him as my doctor! I was so relieved wjen I could finally sing to my now 6 month old without crying. ??
Northwest IN |
After 35 years of nonstop sinus infections and numerous different doctors, Dr. Tarin has given me my life back. I can not thank him enough. I have been his patient for at least 10 years and he kept me infection free for at least five of those years!
in Crown point, in |
Great experiance. Dr Tarin has a great demeanor and is very professional.
Dr Tarin is very kind and gives you his 100% attention with medical issues.Wonderful bedside manner and staff is awesome.My surgery went smooth and healing was great!
in Valparaiso, IN |
During the middle of my summer break, i had my wisdom teeth extracted, and ever since then for months to follow, things weren?t the same for me. I experienced intense headaches that would leave me restless all hours of the day. After many visits with local doctors, i was finally recommended to see specialist Dr. Tarin. He, along with his amazing staff, took unbelievable care of me in no time at all. He found an infection in my sinuses and went to surgery on me right away. Definitely recommended!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Are you Dr. Tarin?