Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Tarin
801 MacArthur Blvd Munster, IN 46321

Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Munster, IN. He graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University and specializes in ear, nose, and throat.

Dr. Tarin accepts

Dr. Tarin accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Preferred PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Tarin's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Common Cold
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Cough
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Dentoalveolar Lesion or Tumor
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Bone Cancer of the Skull, Face, and Jaw
  • Maxillary and Malar Fractures
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Paracentesis
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer

8.771929824561404%

Dr. Tarin?
Dr. Tarin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD
After suffering with recurring sinus infections I turned to Dr. Tarin for help. After a thorough examiniation and consultation I decided to have a balloon sinuplasty. The procedure was done in the office and took a matter of minutes. Since the procedure I've been able to breathe better and have not had a sinus infection. Dr. Tarin is a kind & knowlegeable doctor. He listened to all my concerns and offered his professional advice. His staff is very friendly and makes one feel at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Dr Tarin helped me with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), which is considered the most common form of peripheral vertigo. I also had a Labyrinthitis, which caused me to feel dizziness or moving when you aren't. I had my hearing tested and was checked out by my regular MD. Dr Tarin thought the "balance clinic" at Fitness Point could help. I chuckled, thinking; sure physical therapy for my damn ears. It was not that kind of therapy (obviously). However therapy worked and I am better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I sooo love Dr Tarin I have been under his care for over 7 years he calls me his special patient ?? I suffer severe with sinus and allergies he’s performed surgery with beautiful outcomes no problems and his staff is very friendly and helpful and you don’t have long waits to see him I HIGHLY recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I came to Dr. Tarin after have suffering many years with sinus symptoms. Dr. Tarin is very nice and patient and listened to all of my complaints. We tried some medications which made me feel a little better but not completely. I decided to proceed with a procedure in the office called balloon sinuplasty and couldn't be happier. It has been over 6 months and I feel absolutely fantastic. Couldn't be happier with my results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Dr. Taran and his staff are very accommodating. I had an afternoon appointment with him as a new patient and had an emergency and several workmen at my house. The staff allowed me to come in with my "significant other" earlier in the morning and started a file on me page by page while my guy was being seen, so that he could treat me also and get us home to our disaster. I was treated with kindness and professionalism and did not feel rushed out of the treatment room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Found visit very unsatisfactory. Dismissive Not compassionate Did not appear to review medical records
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
My experience with Dr. Tarin was very pleasant. He was very polite and helped me with my condition all the way. He suggested surgery for my nose, and after 2 days after surgery, I instantly started feeling way better! I was able to breathe normally again and I feel better then every! Definitely would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I went in unable to breathe through my nose for a consultation and was quite happy after meeting him. He was VERY thorough about my diagnosis and explained everything, so I could understand. Had surgery the next month and again very thorough in all aspects. His bed side manner was above and beyond along with his office staffs. Follow ups have been quick and painless. I will never go to any other doctor as far as ENT care. Highly recommended from others as well as myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I saw Dr. Tarin for a sudden hearing loss and he correctly made the diagnosis and began treatment immediately which resulted in the recovery of my hearing. Dr. Tarin and his staff are the best in the business, I highly recommend him to all my friends and family,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Appointment lasted maybe 5 minutes. Was told to get a ct scan. would not allow me to try the cheaper alternative first. Took 3 days to get a call back and that was only bcs I was perisitent and kept calling. Doctor was very impersonal. I have seen many doctors and all were great and always wanted me to try the cheaper alternative first.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Dr Tarin is an excellent Doctor. My daughter had her tonsils removed by him and she had no problems after all. In 2015 I had my first thyroid surgery and in 2017 my second one. He went above and beyond on my two thyroid surgeries. He truly has experience on these type of problems and care about providing you the best type of procedures before and after surgery. Recovery is minimal and you are back on your feet in no time. Excellent Doctor. Excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I saw Dr Tarin with a presentation of lymphadenopathy.He examined me and found the associated primary lesion .it was a asymmetrical tonsil right side .He was clear about diagnosis and clear about prognosis. Tonsil Squamous Cell Carcinoma.stage four with a 80%curative rate. We will see awaiting radiation Chemotherapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Every visit has been so positive. The staff as well as Dr. Tarin are patient and really take the time to listen to your problems. I have struggled with a sinus problem for so long and to be able to breathe as well as I do now is truly a wonderful testimonial to the Doctor and his staff. My sleeping as even improved tremendously sinus my sinus surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
DR.TARIN IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR HE REALLY TOOK VERY GOOD CARE OF ME.HE DID MY SUREGERY AN I FEEL A 100 % BETTER IAM a 56 YEAR OLD WOMEN IF YOU NEED YOUR TONSILS OUT THIS IS WHO TO GO TO THANK YOU DR TARIN
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I cannot say how very happy I am with my surgical results. After years of misery with breathing issues I am finally breathing clearly and sleeping better. This has truly been life changing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I really appreciate my visit with Dr.Tarin. He made sure that received the best care possible. I will recommend family and friends. Thank you B.P
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
My son had to get tubes in his ear and his tongue done for tongue tied. Dr. Tarin did a awesome job it was such a fast procedure and now everything is healing beautifully and my son is so happy. Thank you Dr. Tarin!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
This is my second bout with cancer. Dr. Tarin's office has always been very professional. His staff would connect me with him immediately if I had any questions. If he wasn't available, he would call me back on his cell phone even if it was after office hours. If his office was full of patients, when it was my time to see him, he NEVER treated me quickly. He always wanted to know if I had any concerns about what I was going thru. I am so HAPPY to have chosen him!! Thank you Dr. Tarin & Staff!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
Let me first say Dr. Tarin is fantastic! We have a special needs daughter. She refuses to let anyone touch her. Dr. Tarin was referred to us by a nurse. That was the best decision we made by taking her to see him. He is very gentle and ask her before he touches her ears. She has no problems with him working on her. We have been to his office several times and every time has been a good experience for her. I can't thank him enough for treating our daughter. So Thank You So Very Much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Tarin, MD?
I have been taking both of my children to Dr. Tarin for some time now. We are over the top pleased with his care and treatments. Both of my children have had several surgeries by him and he takes the time out to talk to them to make sure they understand the procedure and what they should expect and then allows them to ask any questions. My son has autism, Dr. Tarin is very calm and his gentle nature makes our visits very enjoyable. I would and have recommended him to others.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Tarin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tarin treats patients.