Dr. Thomas T. Tarin, MD

Dr. Thomas T. Tarin, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male | 43 years old

73 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Tarin specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat and practices in Merrillville, IN. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Tarin? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Tarin's Experience

See how Dr. Tarin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tarin

Dr. Tarin accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Tarin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tarin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tarin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Tarin's Performance
in Hobart, In |
I've been suffering from chronic sinus infections for my whole life and came to see Dr. Tarin to see if there was anything he could do for me. He was vary polite and has an excellent bedside manner. A CT scan was ordered and performed showing I had narrowing of my sinus openings. We scheduled a sinuplasty procedure in his office and since then I've been breathing better and have not had any infections. It's been almost a year! Thank you Dr. Tarin and staff!
Terre Haute, IN |
This doctor is hard to schedule with because has three offices and in Merrillville only in on certain Wednesdays at certain times. Doctor was polite, but matter of fact, and seemed in hurry. Most nurses/receptionists were very nice. One (wish I had name) needs to learn to smile! I wish staff would introduce themselves by name. Office very clean. This is an ear doctor and staff should realize many people coming in are hard of hearing so speak up!
in Crown Point, IN |
I would have a dent in my face if it wasn't for Dr. Tarin. He placed the metal plate perfectly. I had an MRI years later for dental implants (hockey), and I got to see his work from the inside. I don't think a better job could've been done. My face is still symmetrical, girls still think I'm pretty, shaving was harder for 6mos, couldn't feel half my lip, back to 100% feeling now.
in Highland, IN |
I have severe sleep apnea and have been using a CPAP for the past year. I decided to see Dr. Tarin on a recommendation from a friend. With my chronic rhinitis, deviated septum and sleep apnea he proposed surgery and i agreed. I had my tonsile and adenoids removed, deviated septum straightened, turbinate reduction and both nostrils reconstructed with cartilage from my ear. The staff was professional, the facility was clean and the surgery went great. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Tarin.
Merrillville, IN |
My 80 year old mother saw Dr. Tarin for problems swallowing, she had lost over 30 pound in the last 6 moths. An X-ray was ordered which showed a pouch in her esophagus which was preventing food from passing normally. Dr. Tarin was able to fix this with a procedure that was performed through her mouth instead of an incision through the neck. She was eating normally the next day has has been gaining her weight back! Thank you so much Dr. Tarin, we appreciate what you've done so much!
Crown Point, IN |
I came to Dr. Tarin for severe Sinusitis. He recommended surgery. After surgery and medication, I actually got worse than before surgery. The doctor kept prescribing medications that work when on them, yet cannot take them all the time. I then went to an allergist, who determined I was allergic to mites. Doctor Tarin never recommended I see an allergist. I then got a HEPA filter and special allergen bedding, where now I feel much better. I think surgery was a waste of time and not required.
Clinton, IL |
Did not have a positive experience with Dr. Tarin. He was rushed, and it seemed like I was an inconvenience in his day. Prescribed an outrageously priced nasal spray that did little to help my symptoms. Upon my revisit, suggested that I have an MRI and would probably would have to have nasal surgery. Again, he was rushed in this visit. Probably didn't see him 5 minutes. After the MRI, he said you are fine. He did not give me any other suggestions as to what might be causing my symptoms.
in Highland, IN |
Dr. Tarin has great bedside manners. He has great insight and grace. His office staffs are very professional/helpful. Thank you for going above and beyond for my daughter. It was a rare experience. I'll never forget...
Munster, IN |
Woke up and suddenly had no hearing in one ear. Able to see Dr Tarin same day due to cancellation. He said my ears are clear and clean so he sent me next door for hearing test. Then he diagnosed me with Sudden Idiocratic Hearing Loss and prescribed steroids which is the only thing known to help my condition. My hearing was back to normal after two days!!!!!! Dr Tarin said it was good I came in so soon or there's nothing he could do, but hearing could have came back on it's own. THANK YOU!!!!!!
in Hobart, IN |
Dr. Tarin is an AWESOME doctor! He diagnosed what was wrong with my nose the same day I saw him which made me feel so much better. I had to havr surgery to get the problem fixed and afterwards I felt like myself again! Best feeling in the world is being able to smell after 3 miserable years of not being able to use my nose. I cried tears of joy and am very grateful and thankful for having him as my doctor! I was so relieved wjen I could finally sing to my now 6 month old without crying. ??
Northwest IN |
After 35 years of nonstop sinus infections and numerous different doctors, Dr. Tarin has given me my life back. I can not thank him enough. I have been his patient for at least 10 years and he kept me infection free for at least five of those years!
in Crown point, in |
Great experiance. Dr Tarin has a great demeanor and is very professional.
Dr Tarin is very kind and gives you his 100% attention with medical issues.Wonderful bedside manner and staff is awesome.My surgery went smooth and healing was great!
in Valparaiso, IN |
During the middle of my summer break, i had my wisdom teeth extracted, and ever since then for months to follow, things weren?t the same for me. I experienced intense headaches that would leave me restless all hours of the day. After many visits with local doctors, i was finally recommended to see specialist Dr. Tarin. He, along with his amazing staff, took unbelievable care of me in no time at all. He found an infection in my sinuses and went to surgery on me right away. Definitely recommended!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas T. Tarin, MD?
Are you Dr. Tarin?

Compare Dr. Tarin

Dr. Tarin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Tarin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tarin's Board Certifications

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

Rush Medical College Of Rush University

Dr. Tarin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tarin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery