Dr. Thomas Swanson, MD

Neurology | Male

Montana Neurology 2825 Fort Missoula Rd Ste 121 Missoula, MT 59804 Get Directions
Dr. Thomas Swanson, MD
Dr. Thomas Swanson, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Missoula, MT. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Swanson is affiliated with Community Medical Center.

Dr. Swanson's Experience

See how Dr. Swanson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swanson

Dr. Swanson accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Swanson is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Swanson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swanson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swanson to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Swanson's Performance
in Boise, ID |
I had a good experience hear, Dr. Swanson was very helpful and easy going, which made me feel pretty comfortable. There was a bit of a wait, but it was worth it.
Received new information regarding his seizures. Doctor was thorough in questioning felt comfortab;e during exam.
in Helena, MT |
Dr Swanson has done a very good job keeping my seizure disorder under control with medication and a vns. I am very comfortable with his care.
in HELENA, MT |
The experience was very good. I feel good about the treatment plan and referral to Seattle.
in Missoula, MT |
I have been going to Dr.Swanson for 10 years. He is an awesome doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. He listens and takes his time. He acts like a person not a droid. I have seen neurologists like that before. Swanson is the best.
in Missoula, MT |
very knowledgeable, takes his time, and explains everything so you understand. He has been helping us for 10 years. Very good
in Boise, ID |
Thorough, considerate, and always has a plan to find an answer. Won 't just give an answer to you without being the upmost sure. Will exhaust all avenues to find a diagnoses.
Missoula, MT |
Dr. Swanson and Beth McGee are amazing. They are both attentive, patient and treat me with the greatest care at every visit. The office staff is patient and engaging.
in Missoula, MT |
EXCEPTIONAL! Don't let bad reviews by pill seeking patients fool you. Dr. Swanson is an amazing doctor. His office is independent & he has a huge network to make the best referral, and get you the best specialized care in the United States. Not just within a small network. I have worked with many doctors, and Dr. Swanson took the time to think about each of my symptoms individually, do research and find me a specialist in another state who literally saved my life. Best neurologist I've seen.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Swanson took the time to listen. He is empathetic, kind and treated my daughter like a princess, she loved him! We saw him after a very serious traumatic head injury, and I'm convinced with his care, she healed much faster. I would highly recommend Dr. Swanson. Do your research, he is one of the top Neuroscientists in the US, and an expert at treating head injuries. I am so greatful to how he helped my family, adn my daughter.
in Boise, ID |
I was referred to Dr Swanson for migraines. He really took the time to listen to me about my condition and recommended several changes that have nearly eliminated the migraines. I appreciate that he didn't just prescribe a bunch of pills to fix the symptoms but dug into the root causes to help eliminate them altogether.
Boise, ID |
My experience with Dr. Swanson was terrible. He acted rude, ignorant, and made me cry. He would not talk directly to me but kept addressing my caregiver and was even rude to her, continually interrupting and disagreeing with her when she was explaining my symptoms and history. I do not understand why St. Alphonsus would allow someone so cruel to work there. I do not think he deserves even one star. If you need a neurologist do not go to Dr. Swanson.
in Great Falls, MT |
Traveling from another town 3 hours away, I was met by cold and unfriendly staff. Swanson spent no time examining me, just asking his specific questions. Complained about other doctors lots. Smart guy. Maybe doesn't like people from my town or maybe just doesn't like people. No interest in seeing the records from my previous neurologist. As a result inaccuracies became embedded in the reports he cursorily wrote. His office did not forward chart to my current neurologist.
in Boise, ID |
I always have a problem with provider's not completely listening, being assuming, and ultimately casting a judgement that makes experiences less then pleasant. I was so thoroughly pleased when I found Dr. Swanson here in Boise. I always welcome people with integrity and a completely unbiased view. Thank you Dr Swanson!
in Missoula, MT |
Dr. Swanson is a rude, uncaring, worthless,and incompetent individual. Completely unhelpful, do not waste your time and money.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Swanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Swanson?

Compare Dr. Swanson

Dr. Swanson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Montana not available

Dr. Swanson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Montana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Swanson's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Wayne State University

Graduated in 1986

Henry Ford Hospital
    Mayo Grad School Med/mayo Fndn

Dr. Swanson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swanson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology