Psychiatry  |
Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD
Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Lakewood, CO. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years.

200 Union Blvd Ste 200

Lakewood, CO 80228

Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Advantra
  • Careplus
  • CeltiCare Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Starkey Jr

Synergy Health Care is founded on the belief that every person deserves compassion, respect, and integrity. We have developed the strategy that medicine requires the need to treat the human body as a whole entity and not just its individual components. Dr. Starkey's mission is to provide high quality medical care through individually designed plans to meet the unique needs of each patient's goals. The Synergy Health Care team understands the complexity of each patient and will guide you through the appropriate treatment strategy whether it requires general medicine, mental health care, rehabilitation, or chronic pain management.

Dr. Starkey Jr's Experience

Dr. Starkey Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Medicine
  • Pain Medicine Psychiatry

Dr. Starkey Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Disorder
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Denver
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Colorado At Denver
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Colorado Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of Colorado School Of Medicine and Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Starkey Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Starkey Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Starkey Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starkey Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Starkey Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starkey Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Starkey Jr's Performance
denver, co |
Hello, have a ADHD that's been undiagnosed for 15 years. I've seen my primary care doctor and they use the test that is inconclusive. He knew immediately by using interviews and clinical experience per the DSM-V that he knew by heart. He knew immediately within a doubt to treat me. I'm very happy at work and my family, I highly am a recommender.
Denver, CO |
Hello, I am happy now. I have personally schizophrenia, he has pretty great job with keeping me healthy and I'm on other serious medications like Clopapinethat can affect your health since he is PCP MD well. It makes me feel good to know that he has the other knowledge of medicine. He told me that's what he calls his practice Synergy health care I hope you can get the same help.
denver, co |
I have known Dr Starkey for almost 2 years now, he's always available when I need something. I'm pretty stable, but I have issues from time to time. He only sees me if there's no serious issues which is nice, but he does require me to see him every three months to check in. That keeps me on check!
Denver, CO |
Incredible, nothing negative to say! Dr.Starkey is beyond imaginable AND if you can get an appointment you WILL never be sorry!! He is the best, always at you help. Can I say more, no! Got a date waiting, for the first tie in 2 years.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Starkey was very professional. He had amazing insight to my mental health issues. We started medications and therapy and I feel so much better, thank goodness that I was able to get in time to see him. I recommend him highly, by the way his office is amazing.
I like him. I have schizophrenia. He is always nice and I can work now. Thank you.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr Starkey is the best psych doc out there. I've seen healthcare professionals for a mental health condition for over 20 years. I like his full body approach toward healing the mind, body, and spirit. In a short period of time, he has helped me tremendously with his insight.... very caring,..
in Broomfield, CO |
My man. He is making my love for life so much better. My wife set up the appointment because I didn't think there's any need to see anyone. But once I saw there are so many good changes in my life making it much better. I know that's hard to understand, but if you would've doubt it, give it a shot.
Denver, CO |
He is the consummate professional, though very easy-going. I would always respect his decision to help my mental health. Thank you and please try to find someone who can help you that has open availability. It( Which he makes a point to do so!)'s almost impossible in this city. I moved from Nashville and it just seems like your alone
in Denver |
Finding a good doctor is hard. Finding a good doctor who treats people with brain injuries is even harder. A general practicioner will do their best to help you. Dr. Starkey WILL help you! His understanding of what someone with a brain trauma lives with is amazing. Between his knowledge and compassion you will automatically know you have found your doctor!
in Denver, CO |
I started seeing Dr. Starkey about 6 months ago. I suffered a TBI about 2 years prior to my first meeting with him. When I met with Dr. Starkey the first time I was in the darkest place since my injury. I felt no need to be here on earth. Dr. Starkey has changed all that. I believe he literally saved my life., While I still have a ways to go he always gives me new thoughts on being progressive in my recovery. He is compassionate, positive, listens and gives you hope for recovery.
in Lakewood , CO |
It's very nice to work with him and his been very helpful throughout my sessions. I've got considerably better, and I hope he can do the same for you.
in Denver, CO |
The best doctor I've met through psychiatry, he actually cares. I sometimes wonder if people are just collecting money. His idea told to me that he's going to try to get the least money becaus he and his staff understands my financial situation. This is a really bright moment. His caring has me see that there is hope. I hope others can see that you are able to find peace if you reach out.
in Lakewood, CO |
Cool guy with a calming approach. Definitely knows his stuff. Recommend him to anybody.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Starkey Jr?

Visit Dr. Starkey Jr

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Starkey Jr accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Advantra HMO
    Advantra PPO
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO
    Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
    Kaiser Permanente HMO
    Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic
  • MedHealthInsurance
    Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
    Care Select