Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Starkey Jr

Synergy Health Care

200 Union Blvd Ste 200 Lakewood, CO 80228

Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Lakewood, CO and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver in 2006 and specializes in psychiatry, family medicine, and more.

Dr. Starkey Jr accepts

Dr. Starkey Jr accepts the following insurance:

ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
Advantage Health Solutions
Advantra HMO
Advantra PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA PPO
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Access PPO
Kaiser Permanente HMO
Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic
MedHealthInsurance
Medicaid
Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
Care Select
Basic PPO
Bronze Copay Select
Bronze HSA 100
CarePlus

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Starkey Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Starkey Jr treats this condition more than 60% of his peers

Dr. Starkey Jr's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Pain Disorder
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Synergy Health Care is founded on the belief that every person deserves compassion, respect, and integrity. We have developed the strategy that medicine requires the need to treat the human body as a whole entity and not just its individual component...

• Psychiatry

4.4

Dr. Starkey Jr?
Dr. Starkey Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD
This doctor shouldn't be practicing and lied to a family member. Never left a review for anything or anyone before but felt it was my duty to warn others of this "psychiatrist."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Words can't express how highly I recommend Dr. Starkey. He's extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, friendly, sincere & incredibly humble too. He's gifted at making you feel comfortable & addresses any concerns I have. I could tell immediately he genuinely cared about helping. He exudes such incredible intelligence & knowledge while simultaneously encompassing an exemplary bedside manner. He's truly the best! I'm so grateful I found him. If you can see Dr. Starkey you won't be disappointed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I was lost in addiction and undiagnosed bipolar for 20 years until I met the good doctor Starkey. He helped me right away with his easy demeanor and trustworthiness. I am now stable, my marriage has reconciled, and I am a mom again! Highly recommend him if you are serious about sobriety and change. Kim
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
It seems odd that there's so many positive reviews. He seemed really arrogant to me and I felt rushed through the appointment. He thinks benzodiazepines can't be used long term, which is factually incorrect. I've been taking them intermittently for over a decade from my previous psychiatrist without any problems. He was upset with me because I can't afford to see him every month, which is ridiculous because it's completely out of my control. He only helped me temporarily..........
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
My first experience with a physciatrist wasn’t bad, when it came time to find I new one, I got lucky that I found Dr. Starkey early in my search. Dealing with severe anxiety and depression for almost 6 years, I’ve tried all kinds of different therapies. I’ve been seeing Dr. Starkey for awhile and I like him. He actually listens, he actually cares and he’s helped me make huge steps in my battles. I now have confidence that I can beat my battles. Dr. Starkey is a solid pillar in my support system
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
He listens and tries to beat resolve your issues. If he can’t answer questions he will point you in the right directions. Also, scheduling is easy and if you have an emergency question that doesn’t require the hospital, he is very responsive to help you. I recently moved to Englewood and will continue to drive to his office for my appointments. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I’ve been bipolar since 27. I’m 56 years old and the stuff you say or do in those years were so difficult and hard on loved and family. I wish that you symptoms or problems can be resolved and recognized by Dr. Starkey now. It is a much better and easier life to live. I hope people younger can see it with with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I have the most severe bipolar, and seasonal affective disorder. He has helped me so much and the fact that they started treating me earlier before I was rock and knew I had an issue has saved me. I wish the other doctors would be aware of that, hopefully I will feel great by the holidays. I’m already feeling better though. I recommend Dr. Starkey to anyone. Thank you Dr. Starkey!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I almost lost my wife and family to addiction. He saved my family, for this I can never repay him enough. He is the best I’ve seen, trust me I’ve seen a lot. Bob,not really my name though
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I am 1% of the population with depersonalization/derealization? I had become worse 7 years ago where a resident program said I needed long term care at Aurora mental health. The hell started there. I stayed in bed terrified until I could sleep. Then awoke terrified.. I found Dr. Starkey who listened to me about what worked to best treat the condition most importantly he cared about me! It was unlike a job collecting pay. It was caring. I can now live terror free. I am truly blessed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Hello, have a ADHD that's been undiagnosed for 15 years. I've seen my primary care doctor and they use the test that is inconclusive. He knew immediately by using interviews and clinical experience per the DSM-V that he knew by heart. He knew immediately within a doubt to treat me. I'm very happy at work and my family, I highly am a recommender.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Hello, I am happy now. I have personally schizophrenia, he has pretty great job with keeping me healthy and I'm on other serious medications like Clopapinethat can affect your health since he is PCP MD well. It makes me feel good to know that he has the other knowledge of medicine. He told me that's what he calls his practice Synergy health care I hope you can get the same help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I have known Dr Starkey for almost 2 years now, he's always available when I need something. I'm pretty stable, but I have issues from time to time. He only sees me if there's no serious issues which is nice, but he does require me to see him every three months to check in. That keeps me on check!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Incredible, nothing negative to say! Dr.Starkey is beyond imaginable AND if you can get an appointment you WILL never be sorry!! He is the best, always at you help. Can I say more, no! Got a date waiting, for the first tie in 2 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Dr. Starkey was very professional. He had amazing insight to my mental health issues. We started medications and therapy and I feel so much better, thank goodness that I was able to get in time to see him. I recommend him highly, by the way his office is amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I like him. I have schizophrenia. He is always nice and I can work now. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
My man. He is making my love for life so much better. My wife set up the appointment because I didn't think there's any need to see anyone. But once I saw there are so many good changes in my life making it much better. I know that's hard to understand, but if you would've doubt it, give it a shot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
He is the consummate professional, though very easy-going. I would always respect his decision to help my mental health. Thank you and please try to find someone who can help you that has open availability. It( Which he makes a point to do so!)'s almost impossible in this city. I moved from Nashville and it just seems like your alone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
Finding a good doctor is hard. Finding a good doctor who treats people with brain injuries is even harder. A general practicioner will do their best to help you. Dr. Starkey WILL help you! His understanding of what someone with a brain trauma lives with is amazing. Between his knowledge and compassion you will automatically know you have found your doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Starkey Jr, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Starkey about 6 months ago. I suffered a TBI about 2 years prior to my first meeting with him. When I met with Dr. Starkey the first time I was in the darkest place since my injury. I felt no need to be here on earth. Dr. Starkey has changed all that. I believe he literally saved my life., While I still have a ways to go he always gives me new thoughts on being progressive in my recovery. He is compassionate, positive, listens and gives you hope for recovery.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Starkey Jr?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Starkey Jr treats patients.