Dr. Thomas Stakem, MD

Dr. Thomas Stakem, MD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

First Coast Oral Surgery 7175 Highway 17 Ste 1 Fleming Island, FL 32003 Get Directions

Dr. Thomas Stakem, MD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery doctor who practices in Fleming Island, FL. Dr. Stakem is affiliated with Saint Vincent's Medical Center Riverside.

Dr. Stakem's Experience

See how Dr. Stakem's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stakem

Dr. Stakem accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Stakem has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stakem's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stakem to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Stakem's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr Stakem and his stuff are amazing! They are very professional, efficient, always take their time to explain everything about your condition and treatment options. I've had several procedures done and had nothing but good experience with them, and prices are very reasonable. Their offices are the example of how doctors offices should function.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Stakem is excellent. No ifs, ands, or buts. He is extremely professional while being very personable. Dr. Stakem is definitely the doctor to see for implants and tooth removal. I have so far had two implant procedures. No pain. Everything has gone very well. I am a senior citizen. I have been in dentist's chairs for many procedures. When I go to see Dr. Stakem, I am not nervous and feel relaxed. He explains everything to you. Please don't hesitate, he's the best.
St Augustine, FL |
Dr. Stakem is great. However, his office is extremely rude and unprofessional. When I arrived for surgery, she told me there might be an issue with my insurance, which I realize is her job. However, I was already anxious about having anesthesia and our engagement was so wildly inappropriate I almost walked out. When I asked her for a few minutes to calm down she told me I was acting like a little child. She humiliated me in front of other patients. Worst experience ever.
in Orange Park |
I have seen Dr. Stakem numerous times for extractions and implants. I have always been very happy with the experience and he even called in the evening to check up.
in St Augustine, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Stakem to have my remaining 3 wisdom teeth removed. I explained to him when I had one previously removed it was my living night mare. I was very nervous going in for my surgery Dr. Stakem and his staff made sure I was nothing but comfortable and understood what was going to take place. Him and the staff were talking to be able the future rain and next thing I remember is waking up, feeling a little sore, but so much better than anticipated. Highly recommend going to see him
in Orange Park, FL |
The Dr Stakem removed my son's wisdom teeth. He checked on him once, but doesn't schedule follow up. The practice said my insurance 'doesn't like to pay' even though they are in network. They needed full payment to do procedure, but reassured me that they would submit claims. After 1 month I received EOB from Health Insurance- but a month later my Dental insurance was never submitted. When I called to inquire the receptionist was rude suggesting I submit my own claim. Nice till they get $$$$.
in Jacksonville Fl |
Horrific experience. In much more pain today than I was when I came in for a terrible toothache.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Stakem, MD?
Are you Dr. Stakem?

Compare Dr. Stakem

Dr. Stakem's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Stakem does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stakem and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery