Dr. Thomas Smith, DO

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 45

Dr. Smith

DuPage Medical Group - Official

908 N Elm St Ste 103 Hinsdale, IL 60521

Dr. Thomas Smith, DO is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hinsdale, IL. Dr. Smith has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Smith to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Smith with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith?
I was unusual because I didn't feel much pain at 69 from bone-on-bone and spurs in my hip due to degenerative bone-on-bone arthritis but xrays don't lie and I could see it for myself. Dr. Smith was kind and gentle as I struggled to committing to surgery. His confidence, information, and advanced techniques gave me confidence. I went in believing that everything would go perfectly and it did. His caring and very capable staff was available whenever I had a question and Dr. Tom Smith always had time for me. I walked out of the hospital unaided 7 hours after surgery. My recovery was exactly as he predicted and I never needed a walker, cane, or physical theapy. Instructions were clear and pain was not an issue. Fourteen hours after surgery I was asked when I could dance and as you can see in the video my new hip was already working great. I was religious with the exercises, went to have my nails done on day 3 and walk through Costco.
Kathleen ODonnell Markert – Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
My minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery was on July 17, 2019 at Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Smith, his nurse and office staff scheduled the whole procedure for me, I just had to show up at the scheduled classes, appointments, and hospital. I stayed one night in the hospital, had one physical therapy and one occupational therapy session in the hospital and walked out the next morning with my physical therapy exercise instructions and a cane to help. I went home and walked up a flight of stairs the same day. Within days I was walking around the block regularly. A month after the surgery I was walking at least a mile a day. Twelve weeks after the replacement surgery I am 80% back to normal. Dr. Smith and his staff have made this journey anything but disconcerting. His ability to explain the surgery outcome and risks are astonishing. He is able to set you at ease and give you the information you need to make the decision that is best for you. He and his staff are always av
Fred Kane – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
I had a total knee replacement and it could not have gone better. I attribute this in large measure to Dr. Smith's skill. The pre-operative steps taken pretty much insured there would be no surprises as to what to expect and the same is true of my post-operative care. His personality is such that you feel you can ask multiple questions and trust his answers because they are based on what is best for you. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of surgery or even seeking advice on how best to manage their joint issues.
Apr 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
I had both hips replaced by Dr. Smith 2 years ago. The hips were done 3 months apart and I’ve been pain free ever since. I was up and walking the same day and needed minimal physical therapy. I would recommend Dr. Smith to anyone needing hip or knee replacement. He is caring and compassionate and does an excellent job explaining every step of the replacement process. He spends quality time with patients reviewing x-rays and answering any questions.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
I had my hip replaced in Nov 2018 by Dr. Tom Smith. Everything went smoothly from the pre-op to the post-op. I am a 58 yr old man and was back on the elliptical machine in January. Dr. Smith knows hips and I would recommend him to anyone in need of a hip replacement.
Brian Murphy in Tinley Park, IL – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
Dr. Smith did an excellent total knee replacement. Recovery was quick and I am pain free.
Pat D in Oak Forest, IL – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
I had a complete knee replacement in Oct. 2018. The results have been fantastic and I look forward to playing golf this season. I expect the first painless season in years. I would recommend Dr. Smith to any of my friends or family.
Jim D, in Downers Grove, IL – Jan 17, 2019
Jim D,, thanks for sharing your wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
Sometimes I have to remember to say "Dr." Smith because he makes me feel more like a good friend. Dr. Smith has somehow managed to keep me mobile while I keep putting off an inevitable knee replacement. He's always available to me, is very personable and professional, extremely knowledgeable and on top of the newest procedures. He even has a way of making a cortisone injection tolerable. I followed him from his last practice to his current location and would follow him again if need be.
Karen Bambas in Lyons – Apr 12, 2018
Karen Bambas, thanks for sharing your wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
Dr Smith is absolutely the best in the field I had both knees replaced at the same time on Jan 11th 2016 I was back to work full duty on Feb 15th 2016 I’m 53 yrs young and work in construction It’s been 2 yrs since my surgery, I never felt better I want to thank Dr Tom Smith for giving my heath & livelihood back to me pain free
Daniel Griffin in Chicago,IL – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
When I went to see Dr. Smith, my hip was so bad I had difficulty walking and was in extreme pain. Within 2-3 weeks after my hip replacement I was able to walk without a cane and most importantly without pain. He explains things thoroughly and is very patient, kind and understanding. I highly recommend him!
Cindy K in Naperville, IL – Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
He preformed a tkr August of 2015. It was never right now I am dealing with serious health issues and have to wait to have knee revision surgery and live in lots of pain from my knee which doesn't help my other health issue.
Moline, IL – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
I saw Dr. Smith today. Two other doctors had recommended hip replacement since neither drugs not cortisone in the hip itself gave the relief I needed from osteoarthritis and bone spurs. He consulted with me, very patiently, and gave me more information than either of the other two surgeons I had previously seen. He provided me with options but also cautions since I had had a stroke a few months back. He was very competent, sincere, up to date, and totally transparent.
Ray M in Woodridge, IL – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?
Dr. Smith took his time with me, explained my condition, and answered all my questions.
La Grange, IL – Sep 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Smith, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

From knee scopes to complex hip revisions, my years of experience uniquely prepare me to understand my patients' concerns. Counseling patients and their families on treatment options to ensure the best, least invasive treatment is my priority. My tra...Read more

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics