Dr. Thomas Schott, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 59

Dr. Schott

All Star Orthopaedics

400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Irving, TX 75063

Dr. Thomas Schott, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Irving, TX and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Schott has more experience with Elbow than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Medical Center At Trophy Club and Pine Creek Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schott to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Irving

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Schott accepts

Dr. Schott accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO
Medicaid
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

• De Quervain's Release
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Thomas Schott, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Schott's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schott

4.4

Dr. Schott?
Dr. Schott is one of the best doctors I have used in my 67 years. About 8 years ago he performed a bilateral knee replacement. Replacing both knees at the same time was my request. After living in severe pain for 5 years prior, he gave me my life back. Start to finish including the follow up therapy could not have been better. I can say Dr. Schott and his staff gave me my life back. I have full range of motion and cycle 40 to 80 miles a week.
Mark S Johnson – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I was previously a patient of Dr. Thomas M. Schott, with facilities located in Irving, TX and hospital care in Southlake, TX. I must say Dr. Schott, competent sensitive physicians like you are the prize of the medical profession, the treatments that I received was very sensitive and kind. I send my heartfelt thanks to you. I have been around long enough to recognize superior performance in our medical profession. Dr. Thomas M Schott, MD, is very skilled in the field of Orthopedic Surgery. In addition to being very talented, you are kind, very patient, and inspire hope that change can take place and that hard work will be rewarded. I appreciate the warm & professional atmosphere that was provided. The staff works well with each other & with all clients. I can say that I know the quality of care that is provided at both Dr. Thomas M Schott, MD facilities located in Irving, TX, and hospital care in Southlake, TX . Everyone who has worked with me, has helped me to recover physically,
Gwen Richardson – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr Schott has been amazing. I had total hip replacement surgery Oct 1. Im 2 weeks post op and feel amazing. Like a new woman. He explains everything hes going to do during procedure and follows thru. Surgical scar Is beautiful. He did a great job. He and his entire team have great during this process.
Ana Yatiz-Bryant – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr. Schott performed two hip replacements for me in the space of one year. Both were very successful. He and his staff were always helpful and pleasant from start to finish.
Machellel – Sep 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
My husband had a total right hip replacement and feels so much better, back to normal actually, than he did in the months leading up to the surgery. We couldn’t have picked a better surgeon than Dr. Schott. His entire team, the nurses, Austin the PA, the respiratory and physical therapists and everyone at the Trophy Club facility were excellent! Thoughtful provisions are made for family members and infection control protocol is top notch! He was up and doing some walking the same day! We only had one overnight at Trophy Club. The food selections and quality are very good. My husband did not fill the prescription for pain meds. We are happy and amazed at what a great experience this turned out to be.
Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
My hip replacement surgery was done in Nov. 2018 and everything is going very well. The appointments were well co-ordinated as I live in Mexico and everything had to be well scheduled in order that I not have to make a lot of flights from Mexico. There were no appointment glitches and I was well taken care of by Dr, Schott, every question was answered and the recovery has gone better than I expected.
robert mysse in cuernavaca mexico, WA – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr. Schott and the entire team at All Star Ortho are absolutely wonderful. He put me at ease and we talked thru everything that I could think of, before and after my hip replacement. Kind, caring and an expert in his field. I could not have asked for anyone better!
Ray in Euless, TX – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I was so worried about finding a doctor that I could trust to take care of my hip, but I found him!!! Not only does he care about his patients, but he takes time to talk with you and explain what is happening with your body. His staff is also great.
Janis in Lantana, TX – Sep 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr. Schott performed my hip replacement surgery 6 weeks ago, and I'm extremely happy with my recovery and outcome. I have had excellent care from Dr. Schott and his Staff from pre-surgery, to my experience at the hospital, to my rehab, and follow-up appointments. Dr. Schott made sure I was well informed prior to surgery, and he has a very caring bedside manner. I can already walk without the cane for most of my day, and hope to soon graduate from using the cane at all ... truly remarkable!
Cheryl Robnett in Irving, TX – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
After having my hip replaced last November, I must say that I am so thankful to Dr. Schott. The surgery has given me my life back. After six months I am able to walk normal once again without any pain and without a limp. Everything about my experience has been 100% positive. From the bottom of my heart I say thank you to Dr. Schott, his staff, to all of the people I met at Pine Creek Medical Center in Dallas, may God Bless each and every one of you! Sincerely, James Cotton
James Cotton in Kermit, TX – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I saw Dr Schott in 2003 for a RT Knee ACL reconstruction as a result of an injury while building my cottage. Dr Schott did a fantastic job and my recovery and rehab went very well with no complications. For 15 years I have never had any problems with that knee. I saw Dr Schott recently for a RT Knee Patella fracture as a result of a fall and he was able to schedule me in his office and complete surgery all within 72 hours!! No problems. He is kind and spends time with patients. He is the BEST!
Geoffrey in Dallas, TX – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Great calm, caring environment which made me feel at ease. I was never rushed and there was always plenty of time for my questions and concerns. I felt that Dr. Schott really wanted me to understand my surgery and course of treatment. After surgery, there has been lots of encouragement and support through the recover. Great experience! So glad I had the surgery and glad that I chose Dr. Schott and his team!
Robyn Ford in Dallas – May 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
My 2 Hip replacement surgeries by Dr. Schott could not have gone better. I was a college athlete and thought that 55 was a little young for hip replacement. I tried several treatments with little to no success. After meeting with Dr. Schott, we decided to do my left hip replacement in July of 2017. I spent 1 day in the hospital with the rest of my recovery at home. I had little to know pain and was up and around very quick. My right hip was replaced in January of 2018 with the same results.
Randall Ingle in Coppell Texas – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I am very pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Schott. He takes his time and listens to my concerns. When my incision area developed a large bruise, I called and he saw me that day. Turns out it was nothing but he sent me to get a CBC to make sure. I also like his PA. Both doctors are wonderful. No more pain!!!
Rebecca Stroud in Bedford, TX – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I now have had about 5 months experience as a patient of Dr. Schott. I call him the Dr. of Youth. He came highly recommended from other Dr.'s that I respect. From our initial consultation, which included confirmation that my hip was indeed beyond therapy and needed quite urgent replacement until now 4 months post surgery, I have been extremely impressed. His staff has been excellent as well. Most importantly to me, the surgery was expertly done and my results could not be better!
Paul in Flower Mound, TX – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Schott without any reservations - My 14-year old son had a knee injury in the middle of the baseball season - He spend the time with us, clearly explaining the damage and re-hab to both us as parents and to our son. He is fully healed and back playing baseball - I have also been a patient a number of years back. We feel like he listens and takes the time to assess what is wrong and what is the best solution for healing - surgery or re-hab
Robert M in Dallas, TX – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I went to see Dr Schott, for a second opinion. What a difference !!! He was very honest about my condition and explained the whole procedure and what to expect etc. Had my total hip replacement done by Dr Schott and have never felt better. The best decision ever! Would definitely recommend Dr Schott and his staff.
RAMON GONZALEZ in Ft Worth, TX – Jun 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
I have been through four successful surgeries with Dr. Schott. In my opinion, he is an excellent doctor. No matter how busy the day is, I have always seen him and not just the PA. To me, that is a very important factor. This commitment may fill up his day more, but, it makes me feel like I have value as a person as well as a patient. His nurse and PA are big compliments to his team. I recommend him to anyone who needs Joint replacement. He and his team are excellent.
Sue McNabb in Justin, TX – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr Schott spends adequate time explaining the procedure and all aspects of recovery.He constantly emphasize good patient health before surgery with this leading to good and fast recovery.The Post Surgery Rehab program designed for the patients is excellent and the facility ,staff go beyond means for you to recover very well.I has 1 Total Knee Replacement and will certainly go back to Dr Schott for the other when time comes.
Parimal Patel in Irving, TX – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Dr Scott answered every question, checked and double checked each detail and even checked on my care in non-surgical rehab hospital over the weekend, ensuring I had the best care throughout the entire process, even arranging rehab with his own facility.
Susan in Irving, TX – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schott?

1993
University of Missouri
1989
University of Missouri
1988
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Schott communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott communicates via email

• Does Dr. Schott offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Schott offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Schott have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Schott offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Schott offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Schott offers evening visits