Dr. Thomas Schott, MD

Dr. Thomas Schott, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Schott, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Irving, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy

Irving, TX 75063

Learn about Dr. Schott

See how frequently Dr. Schott performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Sprain
Bursitis

Dr. Schott's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• University Of Missouri
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Missouri
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Schott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schott's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schott to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Schott's Performance
in Bedford, TX |
I am very pleased with the care I have received from Dr. Schott. He takes his time and listens to my concerns. When my incision area developed a large bruise, I called and he saw me that day. Turns out it was nothing but he sent me to get a CBC to make sure. I also like his PA. Both doctors are wonderful. No more pain!!!
in Flower Mound, TX |
I now have had about 5 months experience as a patient of Dr. Schott. I call him the Dr. of Youth. He came highly recommended from other Dr.'s that I respect. From our initial consultation, which included confirmation that my hip was indeed beyond therapy and needed quite urgent replacement until now 4 months post surgery, I have been extremely impressed. His staff has been excellent as well. Most importantly to me, the surgery was expertly done and my results could not be better!
in Dallas, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Schott without any reservations - My 14-year old son had a knee injury in the middle of the baseball season - He spend the time with us, clearly explaining the damage and re-hab to both us as parents and to our son. He is fully healed and back playing baseball - I have also been a patient a number of years back. We feel like he listens and takes the time to assess what is wrong and what is the best solution for healing - surgery or re-hab
in Ft Worth, TX |
I went to see Dr Schott, for a second opinion. What a difference !!! He was very honest about my condition and explained the whole procedure and what to expect etc. Had my total hip replacement done by Dr Schott and have never felt better. The best decision ever! Would definitely recommend Dr Schott and his staff.
in Justin, TX |
I have been through four successful surgeries with Dr. Schott. In my opinion, he is an excellent doctor. No matter how busy the day is, I have always seen him and not just the PA. To me, that is a very important factor. This commitment may fill up his day more, but, it makes me feel like I have value as a person as well as a patient. His nurse and PA are big compliments to his team. I recommend him to anyone who needs Joint replacement. He and his team are excellent.
in Irving, TX |
Dr Schott spends adequate time explaining the procedure and all aspects of recovery.He constantly emphasize good patient health before surgery with this leading to good and fast recovery.The Post Surgery Rehab program designed for the patients is excellent and the facility ,staff go beyond means for you to recover very well.I has 1 Total Knee Replacement and will certainly go back to Dr Schott for the other when time comes.
in Irving, TX |
Dr Scott answered every question, checked and double checked each detail and even checked on my care in non-surgical rehab hospital over the weekend, ensuring I had the best care throughout the entire process, even arranging rehab with his own facility.
in Coppell, TX |
Dr. Schott is an excellent physician. I had significant shoulder surgery and a knee replacement over the past 6 years. The results of both surgeries and associated followup were fantastic. I would definitely recommend Dr. Schott to anyone.
in Irving, TX |
An excellent beginning to end experience. Dr. Schott has an excellent manner with me. 2cd Knee replacement. Went right back to Dr. Schott.
in Irving, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Schott to anyone. He did both my hip replacements and I am so relieved of the pain I was suffering and doing well years after the surgeries. He is a really pleasant and well qualified doctor with the patient's care a major part of his practice.
in Southlake, TX |
Excellent care in every way. Got an urgent appointment for my knee within 48 hours post-injury. Dr. Schott and all staff were highly knowledgable, discussed all treatment options thoroughly, and arranged surgery around my schedule and insurance needs. Did my PT at the facility on site, and they were also first-rate. Thanks to Dr. Schott's surgical expertise and the post-op care, I had more mobility at every point in my recovery than I would have imagined.
in Dallas, TX |
Great Doctor, and amazing staff! Left THR went well, feeling great! Highly recommend Dr. Schott.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Schott did my full hip replacement. He discussed everything thoroughly in lead-up, day of survey, and during all follow up. He has continued to follow my closely. His patient care is excellent and my surgical results are superb.
in Coppell, TX |
Two total knee replacements in one year. in both instances, fantastic outcomes with speedy recovery period. Always informed of all possible outcomes. Excellent support staff with P.A Austin and M.A. Bianca. I always feel welcome and appreciated as a patient.
Irving, TX |
I found Dr Schott to be very professional and took the time to listen to what was happening with me and I didn't feel just like another clog in the assembly line. Dr Schott took my full medical history into account to insure the best possible outcome for me. I'm very pleased with the full hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Schott
in Watauga, TX |
Dr Schott replaced my right hip almost 5 years ago. Before surgery he explained in detail what would be done, and was very patient answering all questions and making me feel comfortable with the procedure. Since I had the replacement I have had yearly check ups, Xrays to make sure joint holds together correctly, and all is fine. If I would ever need surgery for my left hip, Dr Schott would definately be my FIRST choice.
in Irving, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Scott for 16 yrs. Major repair to wrist and both shoulders, had full knee replacement Dec. 2016. He is a very good Dr. I would recommend him to anyone. There are times when he's busy and you may feel like he's not giving you all his attention but all you have to do is talk to him.
in Arlington, TX |
I cannot say enough about the care I have recieved and continue to recieve by Dr Schott and his staff. Both knees replaced in Oct, 2013 but the best part is that he did not go straight for surgery when I first came to see him about my knees. He gave me options and other treatments that kept me moving and was able to stay out of surgery for several years. That is a credit to being a surgery but looking for the best for the patient. I cannot say enough about Dr Schott and his entire team.
in Coppel, Texas |
On August 23, 2013, Dr. Schott did right hip replacement for me. All went well and has been very successful for the last 3 years. He has always been very informative, courteous and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Schott. I hope you will be as successful as I have been with the results.
in Keller, TX |
This was my first ever surgery and I needed a hip replacement. I met with 3 surgeons and decided on Dr. Schott. Every time I met with him, I came with a list of questions. He always took the time to answer them all to my satisfaction. Everyone on his staff was friendly and informative. He told me what to expect post surgery and everything went just as he said. I was home 2 days post surgery, used a walker for only 1 week, and was back to work in just under 3 weeks. Excellence all around.
in Colleyville, TX |
I discussed hip replacement with three orthopedic surgeons to discuss their approach to my surgery. Two indicated a lateral incision. My due diligence on the multiple methods for hip replacement indicated an anterior incision would not cut any muscles or tendons when then would have to be re-attached. Dr. Schott indicated he would do an anterior/lateral in which he would cut only one muscle which he would reattach. The surgery went well; I was driving in a week. He is a great surgeon.
in North Richland Hills |
I 100% agree with this other review: I would like to thank Dr. Schott and his team for the amazing results from my hip replacement surgery. Dr. Schott is an exceptionally skilled surgeon with a quiet confidence that makes you very comfortable with the idea that you are going to have your hip replaced. I could not have asked for the process to have gone any better from surgery through rehab. If you find yourself in need of hip replacement surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Schott and his team.
in Coppell, TX |
I had my hip replaced in early April 2016 and I highly recommend Dr Schott and his staff for doing such a great job before, during and after the surgery. I was apprehensive about having the surgery but Dr Schott listened closely, answered all of my questions and gave me the confidence I needed to get it done and the results have been even better than I expected.
in Dallas, TX |
He is a great Doctor. Will truly miss him. Not going back. His office manager is mean and does not listen to what you are saying. Never met anyone so hateful and ugly face expression. She is why I will never go back. She accused me of things I never did. I don't see why she has a job. She is the most unpersonable person I have met at any doctor's office. I have had more than one run in with her. It seems the other staff (which is nice) just puts up with her and is scared of her.
Irving, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Schott to consult about a torn ACL, etc. I was pleased with the series of appointments and interactions that followed, which included surgery. Dr. Schott is personable, willing to answer questions, and wasn't trying to rush me into surgery--he recommended physical therapy initially to determine whether I could live with a torn ACL. I am not quick to trust just anyone but when surgery proved necessary I felt I was in capable hands.
in Irving, TX |
Dr. Schott and staff are top-notch in knowledge, professionalism, and patient care. I know I'm in good hands...literally. I have recommended them numerous times and will continue to do so.
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Schott treated both knees with injections for 12-18 months. When it became obvious that the left knee needed to be replaced I put my trust in Dr. Schott and was not disappointed. He takes a conservative approach in treatment which fits my requirements and spends adequate time listening and explaining treatment and procedures.
in Colleyville, TXBedford, TX |
After extensive examination by my primary physician, I was referred to Dr.Schott for right hip replacement which was completed eight years ago. The surgery was completely successful. I have received annual examinations since. My experience has been incredible. I sincerely appreciate the wonderful operation he performed. Thank you, Dr. Schott!
in Colleyville, TX |
Dr Schott is outstanding. He replaced my right hip during 2012 and my left hip during 2014. I trust him completely. He worked with me to help me understand the issues I was having in 2012 with my first hip replacement. Dr Schott told me I would know when it was time to replace my hip. He was right. I knew and he agreed. He used the same approach with my left hip. Both surgeries went well. My recovery time was short. I would (and do) recommend Dr Schott to both my family and my friends!
in Coppell, TX |
As a health care professional I sought out the best for my surgery. Dr. Schott, his assists, nurses and the entire staff are fantastic. Never a problem with appointments, seen on time, handled my insurance / finances, and the surgery was flawless and recovery was speedy. I hope my health allows me many years before any additional surgery may be needed but if needed I know where I'm going! Dr. Bill O'Neill
in Keller, TX |
?I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Schott, his associates, staff and surgery team for the right knee replacement he did for me. He is a highly skilled professional, courteous, informative making this an exceptional experience. From recovery room to rehab every doctor or nurse that changed my dressing and examined my incision made comments like ?Wow nice job?, ?I have seen a lot but this is one of the very best that has come through here? , ?Lucky girl you have a fantastic surgeon?, ?Ama
He is a great doctor, who really cares about his patients.
in Frisco, TX |
My left hip had totally deteriorated and I was unable to walk without a walker for about 6mo prior to my first appointment with Dr. Schott last fall. It has been 8wks since my left hip replacement and I am walking without a cane & my left hip range of movement is better now than 10yrs ago! His evaluation & expertise, the time he took to explain the procedure and what to expect post-op, the before/during/after surgery experience were all beyond my expectations and I highly would recommend him.
in Bedford, TX |
Dr. Schott has replaced both of my hips, scoped both of my knees and scoped one of my shoulders and I have been very satisfied with his work and with him as my orthopedist. I have always been very active athletically and because of his expertise I am still able to do all the things I enjoy doing. I have over the years recommended him to several friends and family members and all of them have been equally satisfied.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Schott, MD?
Are you Dr. Schott?