Dr. Thomas M. Schott, MD

Dr. Thomas M. Schott, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

All Star Orthopaedics 400 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Irving, TX 75063 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Schott specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Irving, TX. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Schott? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schott's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Schott's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schott

Dr. Schott accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schott has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schott's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schott to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schott
Dr. Schott's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (49)
in Arlington, TX |
I cannot say enough about the care I have recieved and continue to recieve by Dr Schott and his staff. Both knees replaced in Oct, 2013 but the best part is that he did not go straight for surgery when I first came to see him about my knees. He gave me options and other treatments that kept me moving and was able to stay out of surgery for several years. That is a credit to being a surgery but looking for the best for the patient. I cannot say enough about Dr Schott and his entire team.
in Coppel, Texas |
On August 23, 2013, Dr. Schott did right hip replacement for me. All went well and has been very successful for the last 3 years. He has always been very informative, courteous and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Schott. I hope you will be as successful as I have been with the results.
in Keller, TX |
This was my first ever surgery and I needed a hip replacement. I met with 3 surgeons and decided on Dr. Schott. Every time I met with him, I came with a list of questions. He always took the time to answer them all to my satisfaction. Everyone on his staff was friendly and informative. He told me what to expect post surgery and everything went just as he said. I was home 2 days post surgery, used a walker for only 1 week, and was back to work in just under 3 weeks. Excellence all around.
in Colleyville, TX |
I discussed hip replacement with three orthopedic surgeons to discuss their approach to my surgery. Two indicated a lateral incision. My due diligence on the multiple methods for hip replacement indicated an anterior incision would not cut any muscles or tendons when then would have to be re-attached. Dr. Schott indicated he would do an anterior/lateral in which he would cut only one muscle which he would reattach. The surgery went well; I was driving in a week. He is a great surgeon.
in North Richland Hills |
I 100% agree with this other review: I would like to thank Dr. Schott and his team for the amazing results from my hip replacement surgery. Dr. Schott is an exceptionally skilled surgeon with a quiet confidence that makes you very comfortable with the idea that you are going to have your hip replaced. I could not have asked for the process to have gone any better from surgery through rehab. If you find yourself in need of hip replacement surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Schott and his team.
in Coppell, TX |
I had my hip replaced in early April 2016 and I highly recommend Dr Schott and his staff for doing such a great job before, during and after the surgery. I was apprehensive about having the surgery but Dr Schott listened closely, answered all of my questions and gave me the confidence I needed to get it done and the results have been even better than I expected.
in Dallas, TX |
He is a great Doctor. Will truly miss him. Not going back. His office manager is mean and does not listen to what you are saying. Never met anyone so hateful and ugly face expression. She is why I will never go back. She accused me of things I never did. I don't see why she has a job. She is the most unpersonable person I have met at any doctor's office. I have had more than one run in with her. It seems the other staff (which is nice) just puts up with her and is scared of her.
Irving, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Schott to consult about a torn ACL, etc. I was pleased with the series of appointments and interactions that followed, which included surgery. Dr. Schott is personable, willing to answer questions, and wasn't trying to rush me into surgery--he recommended physical therapy initially to determine whether I could live with a torn ACL. I am not quick to trust just anyone but when surgery proved necessary I felt I was in capable hands.
in Irving, TX |
Dr. Schott and staff are top-notch in knowledge, professionalism, and patient care. I know I'm in good hands...literally. I have recommended them numerous times and will continue to do so.
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Schott treated both knees with injections for 12-18 months. When it became obvious that the left knee needed to be replaced I put my trust in Dr. Schott and was not disappointed. He takes a conservative approach in treatment which fits my requirements and spends adequate time listening and explaining treatment and procedures.
in Colleyville, TXBedford, TX |
After extensive examination by my primary physician, I was referred to Dr.Schott for right hip replacement which was completed eight years ago. The surgery was completely successful. I have received annual examinations since. My experience has been incredible. I sincerely appreciate the wonderful operation he performed. Thank you, Dr. Schott!
in Colleyville, TX |
Dr Schott is outstanding. He replaced my right hip during 2012 and my left hip during 2014. I trust him completely. He worked with me to help me understand the issues I was having in 2012 with my first hip replacement. Dr Schott told me I would know when it was time to replace my hip. He was right. I knew and he agreed. He used the same approach with my left hip. Both surgeries went well. My recovery time was short. I would (and do) recommend Dr Schott to both my family and my friends!
in Irving, TX |
We had not seen Dr. Schott in almost two years and it was great to see him. He is kind, attentive and unhurried. I was there to get x-rays on two hip replacements and we enjoyed some cordial talk with him before he had to leave us. Without a doubt, he did a superb job of surgery on my two hip replacements and I would recommend him to all of my friends. He cares about his patients.
in Coppell, TX |
As a health care professional I sought out the best for my surgery. Dr. Schott, his assists, nurses and the entire staff are fantastic. Never a problem with appointments, seen on time, handled my insurance / finances, and the surgery was flawless and recovery was speedy. I hope my health allows me many years before any additional surgery may be needed but if needed I know where I'm going! Dr. Bill O'Neill
in Lantana, TX |
Dr. Schott performed my full hip replacement. I'm younger than normal for that, and he was great as far as educating me and making sure I knew what to expect. For the first time in my life, I now walk normally and with no pain.
in Keller, TX |
?I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Schott, his associates, staff and surgery team for the right knee replacement he did for me. He is a highly skilled professional, courteous, informative making this an exceptional experience. From recovery room to rehab every doctor or nurse that changed my dressing and examined my incision made comments like ?Wow nice job?, ?I have seen a lot but this is one of the very best that has come through here? , ?Lucky girl you have a fantastic surgeon?, ?Ama
He is a great doctor, who really cares about his patients.
in Frisco, TX |
My left hip had totally deteriorated and I was unable to walk without a walker for about 6mo prior to my first appointment with Dr. Schott last fall. It has been 8wks since my left hip replacement and I am walking without a cane & my left hip range of movement is better now than 10yrs ago! His evaluation & expertise, the time he took to explain the procedure and what to expect post-op, the before/during/after surgery experience were all beyond my expectations and I highly would recommend him.
in Bedford, TX |
Dr. Schott has replaced both of my hips, scoped both of my knees and scoped one of my shoulders and I have been very satisfied with his work and with him as my orthopedist. I have always been very active athletically and because of his expertise I am still able to do all the things I enjoy doing. I have over the years recommended him to several friends and family members and all of them have been equally satisfied.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas M. Schott, MD?
Are you Dr. Schott?

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

University Of Missouri

Completed in 1989

University Of Missouri

Completed in 1993

Dr. Schott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Schott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schott

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schott's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schott

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients