Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Schlieve, MD
Dr. Thomas Schlieve D.D.S., M.D. is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with advanced fellowship training in Oral/Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery. His clinical practice focuses on the surgical treatment of diseases of the head and neck including oral and tongue cancers, benign and malignant jaw tumors such as ameloblastoma or osteosarcoma, salivary gland tumors, and osteonecrosis of the jaw. Dr. Schlieve was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and obtained his undergraduate education with the University of Wisconsin, completing a B.S. in biology. Following his undergraduate studies, he was educated in both dentistry (at Marquette University) and medicine (at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport School of Medicine). Dr. Schlieve completed a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and internship in General Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center before continuing his training in an accredited Oral/Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery Fellowship program at the University of Tennessee Medical Center and Cancer Institute. A diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Dr. Schlieve has lectured both nationally and internationally. He has authored multiple scientific articles and text book chapters in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and participates in community-wide outreach efforts to raise awareness of oral cancer. Dr. Schlieve is affiliated with the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas (NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers are among the most advanced in the world) as well as the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Zale Lipshy University Hospital, Parkland Memorial Hospital, and Children's Medical Center.

6333 Forest Park Rd Ste Bla.130

• Avesis
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • DenteMax
  • Elderplan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Schlieve

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step."- Chinese proverb

Our Philosophy:

We believe in patient centered care and are committed to a holistic approach to patient treatment. We do not simply treat the disease, we treat the person affected by the disease. It involves treating the fear, confusion, anguish, and anger that may accompany a diagnosis. We believe that treatments must be delivered with understanding, kindness, compassion, and care.  In addition, we believe that patient education is a big part of your treatment plan.  It is our job to educate you on the specifics of your diagnosis, all treatment options, timeline, and expected outcomes.  In many cases, we may need to move forward with treatment quickly and tough decisions need to be made.  With your newly acquired knowledge, we will discuss your care plan and listen to your concerns while answering all of your questions. We are here to support you, educate you, guide you, and heal you.

We are committed to providing safe, quality, cutting-edge care to each of our patients.  It is impossible to deliver this high-level of care without spending a significant amount of time with our patients and their families.  Therefore, we are committed to giving every patient the time needed to answer questions, address concerns, and facilitate care. We will consult with international experts in pathology, dentistry, radiology, oncology, and plastic surgery to determine the optimum treatment approach.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• University of Tennessee Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Marquette University / School of Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Schlieve has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schlieve does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schlieve and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schlieve's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schlieve to family and friends
Dr. Schlieve's Performance
in Irving, TX |
My experience with Dr Schlieve has been outstanding! Dr Sclieve is very knowledgeable and was able to diagnose and methodically explain my issue. Even though, my jaw issue required surgery, he broke down the process and walked me through how it would get done. My post surgery follow-ups have been very seamless and he responds to my email questions promptly. On the overall, Dr Schlieve made me feel very much at ease with my treatments and I've been extremely impressed with his service.
in DECATUR TEXAS |
Dr Schlieve has provided me with all the care a Dr. can provide, answered all my questions, assured me that he is getting the best advise and knowledge to handle my condition. I have total faith in his ability to handle my case for the best possible outcome. He has responded to my emails with in 2-4 hrs with any questions or problems I have had to ask him., very professional. I have total faith in his ability's as a MD. I would recommend Dr. Schlieve to anyone having oral surgery needs.
in Flower Mound, TX |
I don't usually give 5 stars in every category but YES I did. I've had several surgeries and "shop" before I do. Dr Schlieve is highly skilled and did a great job removing a tumor and associated wisdom tooth. Other doctors indicated it was big problem, one wanted to remove an additional molar. I still have the molar and Dr Shlieve get his 5 stars. I have recommended Dr, Schlieve to friends.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Schlieve performed major jaw surgery on my wife. We were told that a highly skilled physican/dentist was coming to Dallas and that we should wait for him. When he came to examine my wife initially, he surveyed her problem and immediately told us what his plan of action was. I asked him how he could determine what he would do so quickly. He told us he had done this surgery 300 times and that he had studied her xrays and was confident my wife would be happy. Other tha
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Schlieve is one of the most caring and forthright doctors I have ever had. He is very compassionate and truly cares about his patients. I wholeheartedly recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Schlieve, MD?
Are you Dr. Schlieve?

Visit Dr. Schlieve

Dr. Schlieve accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Avesis
    Avesis PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
    Texas Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
    Delta Dental PPO
  • DenteMax
  • Elderplan
    Medicare HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA