Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO

Physical Medicine & RehabilitationMale

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in New Hyde Park, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital and NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO

Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Lake Success

1999 Marcus Ave Suite 202 New Hyde Park, NY 11042 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Dr. Riolo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Riolo

Dr. Riolo

I was referred to Dr. Riolo to help manage my back & hip pain. I found him to be quite thorough in his examination. Dr. Riolo listened intently to my ailments & offered pain relieving options to me. I had several procedures done by him & was very impressed by his caring attitude. Dr. Riolo kept me informed about what he was doing, as well as constantly asking me if I was okay. He definitely works hard to relieve a patient’s pain. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs pain relief.
Mar 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I am pleased with my experience with Dr. Riolo. He is competent and friendly. He made me feel safe and comfortable. He listened carefully and understood my concerns. I recommend him highly.
Feb 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Simply one of the best doctors I have seen in years. He is caring and aware and is able to connect dots to the issues you may have that are missed by other doctors that do not see you as a whole. I am eternally grateful after seeing three physiatrists and several spinal surgeons and after four spinal surgeries that after examining me Dr Riolo suggested I might have hip issues as well. He was spot on and after he x rayed them found that I was bone on bone and needed bilateral hip replacement.. no one else ever even looked!! Brilliant doctor who has given me a chance at life again. Thank you Dr Riolo.
Jan 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I went to Dr Riolo after suffering with back pain for 5yrs. My prior treatments included spinal surgery, medication and a lot of physical therapy none of which brought me relief. In fact I was deteriorating. Dr Riolo did a thorough evaluation, listened to my concerns and explained how he wanted to proceed. He was always patient, caring and very competent. I have finally made some progress. I would highly recommend Dr Riolo.
Ellen C – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
At first I recognized Sr. Riolo's youth which was soon overwhelmed by his maturity, wits and altruism. When speaking with someone he makes you feel of utmost importance a priority. Takes his time to fully explain what he intends to do and the outcome he is anticipating. He's attentive and has a knack for providing you with specifics issues and if any the dangers while making you feel relaxed and comfortable then he proceeds to provide 5 Star + services and high quality treatment. One of the best doctors I've ever had. One of the best choices I've ever made for someone to relieve me of excruciating pain. Thanks Doc.
A Tox – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo is very patient in dealing with the degenerative issue of my back and neck. He is a skilled and caring doctor. He listens and is very responsive to my questions and concerns. He takes the time to explain the issues and explain in details my options. I have been to several doctors over the years and he was able to get to the root of the problem and I am in much, much better shape. He and his staff are very easy to work with and very quick to help you with appointments etc. It takes a special group of people to deal with patients in chronic pain. I highly recommend Dr. Riolo and his team.
Sheryl S. – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
doesnt listen.. every patient he sees is a number to him ot person he should help
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo is a competent and caring doctor. He is super responsive to your concerns, and takes the time to thoroughly review your care plan with you. Under his care I have come to feel better than I have in a long while!
Sandy Sierra – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo is wonderful. He listens and explains everything thoroughly. I highly recommend him if you have lower back pain.
ReFu – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
After suffering for years with lower back pain went to see Dr Riolo who finally was able to alleviate My herniated disk pain and spine arthritis without surgery. Dr Riolo reviewed my MRI and was able to quickly and accurately tell me what my real problem was and the possible procedures I could try before considering Surgery. In less than a Month my severe back pain started to diminish just after 2 surgery free procedures. i would highly recommend Dr Riolo to anyone struggling with back pain. Thank you Dr. Riolo
Virgilio Cabrera – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I could not recommend Dr. Riolo more. I have been suffering from sciatica and muscle weakness for months after injuring myself during an exercise. He took the time to hear all my complaints and most importantly, how important exercise is for me and my lifestyle as it is part of my job. He explained all my options clearly, thoroughly and wasnt quick to rush or push any procedures on me. I felt I was in good hands. After two injections I am finally starting to feel better than I have in months just as he predicted. Even during these trying COVID times, Dr. Riolo has continued to check in on me after our virtual visit. Just a great and passionate doctor. Thank you.
Michelle Kasten – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Super nice Doctor and convenience to have a consultation. Dr. Riolo always have time to listen and deliver the best option to the patient. He explains to me in an easy way to understand and makes sure that I always can reach out to him for any question and concern I might have after the visit.
Nancy V – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
He does all the talking and NO listening -- absolutely terrible experience! I'm surprised he even has reviews.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Vicky – Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo is thoughtful, caring, thorough, knowledgeable, helpful. I can't recommend him enough!
Suzanne Salomon – Jan 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I am extremely pleased with Dr. Riolo! I went to him by chance because my other Doctor no longer excepted my insurance. I was about to have surgery for my neck and back; however Dr. Riolo suggested we go another route. With his suggestions and support he was able to relieve most of the pain without going under the knife. I am extremely grateful to him and would highly recommend speaking to him so he can work out the best plan for you! Thank you so much Dr, Riolo I really appreciate your professionalism, kindness, support and patience with me!
Charlie Butera – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo has been a blessing, and I am very happy with the care I have received from him so far. I am in my mid-thirties and new to dealing with back pain, so the technical language is a bit overwhelming for me. Dr. Riolo is very patient in answering my many questions, and he really takes his time to explain things to me, making sure I fully comprehend what he's telling me. That is so comforting, especially as I'm undergoing MRI's, injections, etc. for the first time. I never feel rushed when I'm in his office, he is very good at making me feel at ease during injections, and I also feel like he is very methodical and takes care not to rush to diagnosis until he's explored all options. I feel very fortunate to have found him as a doctor, and his treatment is definitely working.
Lindsay Berhane – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Compassionate doctor. Patient and explains treatment options easily and thoroughly. Really seems to care. Office is a bit unorganized, sent in my paperwork a head of time and still waited a while.
Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I have seen Dr. Riolo three times thus far. I find him to be a compassionate, highly competent physician. I am very pleased with his expertise and professional demeanor. My condition has definitely shown significant improvement under his care.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Nancy S. – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
Dr. Riolo is a listening and compassionate doctor who took the time to read much of my musical record apparently in an effort to know the patient he is treating. He respected my privacy gave me as much time as needed to tell him my concerns and took as much time as I needed to understand what he wanted me to know. He will be my doctor for as long I need a good doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs A very professional and compassionate dr of osteopathy.
Vincent Cercone – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?
I went to Dr. Riolo for a consultation for lower back pain from a weightlifting injury. Dr. Riolo carefully listened to me, and his advice was thoughtful and helpful both before and after subsequent medical testing provided an exact diagnosis.
Daniel Iascone – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Riolo, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Riolo?