Dr. Thomas Quirke, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Dr. Thomas Quirke, MD
Dr. Thomas Quirke, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Myrtle Beach, SC. He is 54 years old.

Dr. Quirke's Experience

See how Dr. Quirke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Quirke

Dr. Quirke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quirke to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Quirke's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Myrtle Beach, SC |
Unprofessional in appearance/bedside manner and questionable tactics to manage skin care. If a 60+ patient who worked in the medical field initiates a concern regarding a mole, perhaps an explanation about why freezing (used for warts) would be a better option than removing for biopsy. Additionally, not providing a gown for a fully body examination is highly unacceptable.
in Longs, SC |
Dr. Quirke removed a skin cancer off the side of my nose, and grafted skin from in front of my ear. He administered an "anesthetic " around my nose and in front of my ear. I felt every painful needle stick while no anesthesia was beginning to take effect. He continued with the procedure while I felt every painful stick, cut, pull and stitch. I cried loudly the entire time. I asked him why it was so painful and he said because I was afraid. A staff member said I was not the first to complain.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I went to see Quirke to examine an area on my arm but he noticed a spot on my nose. Charged me $900 out of network to remove an area that turned out to be a solar keratosis. This was confirmed through the pathology report. When I returned he said it was confirmed as pre-cancer, "the type that could get in your bloodstream and kill you". Ultimately, he left a piece of the stitch in my nose which eventually got infected and scarred.
Awesome!!! He explained everything in great detail, very kind and listened very well to what I wanted.
in myrtle beach, SC |
Saw me without appointment to prescribe medication for a severe rash.
in Longs, SC |
I saw Dr. Streahle for an area behind my left ear. I was told it needed to be surgically removed and there is an excellent plastic surgeon in the office. I show up for my appointment and a man, I finally find out is Dr. Quirk, begins the procedure. I asked him how big of an incision is this going to be and his reply was,I've done this 4500 times. Long story short, the area was smaller than a dime. It now is the size of a whelted 50 ? piece, I can't turn my head and have constant headaches. RUN
in North Myrtle Beach, SC |
I would not recommend Dr, Quirke to anyone. I had no prior evaluation, He said he was evaluating me as he was numbimg my arm....I had a large basal cell carcinoma on my left leg. He Took skin from my LEFT ARM TO USE FOR THE GRAFT !!!!!! The stitches on my arm had broken open and I was blamed. I've had many surgeries and I know what not to do. The nurse said I had to have picked something heavy up or misused my arm. She said it and he swore to it !! How my left arm is terribly scarred ....
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Quirke, MD?
Are you Dr. Quirke?

Compare Dr. Quirke

Dr. Quirke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Quirke has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Quirke's Board Certifications

• Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Umdnj Nj Med School

Completed in 1997

Dr. Quirke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quirke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery