Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 74

Dr. Peterson
1178 Charnelton St Eugene, OR 97401

Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Eugene, OR and has over 48 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Wisconsin Medical School medical school in 1973. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Peterson to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Dr. Peterson treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Peterson's conditions and procedures:

• Parkinson's Disease

Dr. Peterson accepts

Dr. Peterson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Peterson

4.4

Dr. Peterson?
  • Staff friendliness (22)
  • Appointment scheduling (21)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I and two wives, one deceased, have been treated with great success by Dr. P for nearly 10 years. My late wife, a medical executive, watched him examine me on the first visit and was impressed. He is wonderful in his careful and complete diagnosis. A major major hospital ortho doc wanted to sell me a new shoulder for to arthritic pain. Dr. P said I did have some pain from the arthritis but it was mostly from a years long dislocating shoulder and soft tissue damage. A quick ultrasound exam showed the damage clearly. He injected me with my blood concentrated platelets and it was a complete success and no more pain. He also treated my late and now present wives also with great success. She didn't really need a new hip but was injured in the lower back from a traffic accident. Soft tissue again and no surgery needed. We trust Dr.Peterson!
David Comden – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?
I first saw Dr. Peterson many years ago after other physicians had put me on crutches and, weeks later, I still had hip pain. Two sessions with Dr. Peterson and I was walking again. I recently saw him again for sciatic pain so bad I was not able to even do laundry. One session with him and I was gardening the next day.
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?
Dr. Peterson has done work on both of my shoulders as well as my son shoulder and had amazing results!
Gloria in Eugene, OR – Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?
After 20 years of living with pain from a sprained ankle, and after being told I would just have to "live with the pain that was supposedly due to scar tissue," I discovered Dr. Peterson. After only four prolo treatments, I was pain free. If you are looking for a physician who is professional, knowledgeable about alternatives to traditional medicine, treats his patients and staff with respect and care, and is very responsive and timely in accepting new patients, give a call to Dr. Peterson.
Kathie Diaz in Salem, Oregon – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?
I had been suffering from knee and hip joint pain due to past injury and (I hate to say it) age. I had seen several doctors all of whom prescribed cortisone. Cortisone offers short-term relief but is not a long-term solution. I started doing some research and found Dr. Peterson. He prescribed Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy and this non-surgery, non-pharm, treatment that was exactly what I was looking for. PRP is a long term solution where your body is stimulated to heal itself and it was a gre
Radona P in Eugene, OR – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?
As a pre-medical student I have spent several months shadowing Dr. Peterson. I have seen first hand several of the treatments that he provides include prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma therapy (PRP), and osteopathic manual therapy. Patients have been very satisfied with the treatments they receive. In addition, Dr. Peterson is an exceptional teacher, not only to myself as someone pursing the medical field, but also to his patients.
Eugene, OR – Jun 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Peterson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Peterson?

• Sports Medicine