Dr. Thomas W. Peatman, MD

Dr. Thomas W. Peatman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 47 years old

Webster Orthopedics is committed to excellence in treating all of your orthopedic problems. Since 1939, patients in the East Bay have placed their trust in our care - specialized care in the spine, shoulder and elbow, hand and wrist, hip and knee, and foot and ankle. Our expertise lies in sports medicine, joint replacement surgery, scoliosis, and fracture care. With compassion and expert care, our physicians and staff are dedicated to helping our patients return to an active, healthy lifestyle.Read more

Dr. Peatman's Experience

See how Dr. Peatman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Peatman

Dr. Peatman accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Peatman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Peatman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peatman to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Peatman
Dr. Peatman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (40)
Dr peatman makes you feel comfortable and he explains things thoroughly. He not only talks but he listens to his patients concerns and that why I like dr peatman. His staff at the outpatient surgery center were very warm and professional, and the atmosphere at the surgery center was very relaxing and calm which makes you calm if you have surgery anxiety. I've already recommended dr peatman. I recently had knee surgery and I'm two weeks out and I'm doing very well he did a great job.
in Berkeley |
Dr. Peatman is very thorough and efficient. The surgery went very well and the only issue is severe pain, Normally I don't take pain meds, but I have planned every four to six hours where I will be and what food I will need to eat in the middle of the night so I can take the Percoset. I still haven't asked him all the questions I am trying to ask because he is busy.
in Richmond, CA |
When I came to Dr. Peatman my condition was so extreme that he recommended that both hips have a total replacement. Based on X-rays, my description of pain and loss of mobility, and Dr. Peatman's experience it seemed to be the best solution. I have just had the second surgery, (13 days after the first), and all is going well. The timing of surgeries and recovery have gone as scheduled. Many thanks to Dr. Peatman and his team for the analysis, repair and support.
in San Leandro, CA |
Great doctor & staff - very professional & caring - talked me thru pre op & now post op - very responsive to my calls & questions!!
in Antioch, CA |
My experience was beautiful with Dr. Peatman and his team. Im so happy..
in Berkeley, CA |
I had full right knee replacement in May 2016. I had 3 weeks in home physiotherapy (PT). I continued PT at an outside facility. Now No pain. I am still doing my PT. Then I had fill left knee replacement in October 2016. I am doing home PT now. I had good experience during the recovery.
in San Leandro, CA |
20 days ago, I had full knee replacement. Although it is a very difficult healing process, I am healing nicely and this morning I was able to walk, without my cane, to my front porch. Personally, I can't say enough wonderful words about Dr. Peatman and his amazing staff. Anything I needed was handled quickly. In three months, I will be doing my other knee. I'm looking forward to many years of mobility? Don't wait to get moving?
in Emeryville, CA |
Dr. Thomas Peatman is a highly competent, personable surgeon, and I recommend him without hesitation.
Oakland, CA |
recent total hip replacement, doing well. Surprisingly minimal pain issues. Incision looks great. Follow up program 5/5+. Home PT called day of D/C, came 1st time next day,follow up PTs q2-3 days: PT superb in terms of knowledge, problem-solving. Office covers follow-up very well....computer program starts several weeks pre-op-- reminders when to start/stop meds etc....continues daily with symptom checklist and calls back if any Q/worries expressed. RN calls pre=op and weekly extra F/U
in Concord, CA |
First, Dr. Peatman came very highly recommended by the nursing staff at Alta Bates Summit and by the administrative executives. He is very friendly, very professional and very confident in his abilities. His work has been outstanding, from initial surgery to follow up and scheduling the next surgery. Everything worked to the patients benefit. It is clear that his medical practice is patient centered. His decisions seem spot on and his bedside manner helped ease a nervous patient.
San Leandro, CA |
I recommend Dr. Peatman. He performed a hip replacement for me about which I had many questions prior to surgery and after. He, and his staff, took time to answer my questions until I completely understood the changes. I had confidence in him both before and after the surgery.
in Lathrop, ca |
Have been seeing Dr Peatman for over ten years for three different sugeries. He is a very thorough and professional Doctor. I have no complaints about his work and know how when it come to my personal care. I highly recommend him and his Great and exceptionally caring Team!
in Piedmont, CA |
Dr. Peatman has been my surgeon for both my hip replacement and my shoulder surgery. He and his team are excellent. They are experienced and professional while at the same time they are friendly and careing. We tried non surgical options before the decision was made to operate. Dr. Peatman explained, in detail each step we took. I am very pleased with the outcome of both surgeries.
Dr. Peatman assisted me with knee surgery; he and his staff were great to deal with. As one would expect, Dr. Peatman knew his stuff, but what I really appreciated was his willingness to ensure I understood what was happening with my knee, and the best course of fixing. My surgery was smooth and post-op visits with Dr. Peatman went very well.
in Oakland, CA |
Knowlegeable; no nonsense, go for it/fix it attitude; excellent work for me with hip and knee replacements
in Oakland, CA |
Excellent experience. Great recovery, and play follow up. Support staff is really great
in Oakland, CA |
Unfortunately, I have seen Dr. Peatman for quite a number of injuries and injury/age related joint problems. He is very thorough and shows concern for his patients even to check on me while out of town! He works hard on resolving all of my issues prior to recommending surgery!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas W. Peatman, MD?
Are you Dr. Peatman?

Compare Dr. Peatman

Dr. Peatman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Peatman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Peatman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Peatman's Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Ataxia
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Meniscectomy
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery