Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Peatman, MD
Dr. Thomas Peatman, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Oakland, CA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Peatman is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Camp, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Summit, San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Valleycare Medical Center.

Oakland Office

• Health Net
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Hill Physicians Medical Group

Learn about Dr. Peatman

Webster Orthopedics is committed to excellence in treating all of your orthopedic problems. Since 1939, patients in the East Bay have placed their trust in our care - specialized care in the spine, shoulder and elbow, hand and wrist, hip and knee, and foot and ankle. Our expertise lies in sports medicine, joint replacement surgery, scoliosis, and fracture care. With compassion and expert care, our physicians and staff are dedicated to helping our patients return to an active, healthy lifestyle.

Dr. Peatman's Experience

Dr. Peatman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Ataxia
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Meniscectomy
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California At Berkeley
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Peatman has no media or publications listed.

• German

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Peatman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peatman to family and friends
Dr. Peatman's Performance
in San Leandro, CA |
Professional yet personable. He listens and explains thoroughly, giving risks, benefits, and alternatives. Dr. Peatman is part of a large group so if you're expecting to see him on every visit you won't. That being said one mark of an excellent clinician is to surround yourself with excellent people to assist in giving you great care. I found that with his practice, specifically in his PA Brian Costello. Dr Peatman has an excellent team and I would (and have) highly recommend him.
Oakland, CA |
Dr. Peatman is a brilliant surgion with a wonderful staff! Dr. Peatman goes above and beyond to ensure the success of your procedure and care after it's complete. His staff is always ready and available by phone for any questions or concerns.
in Lafayette, CA |
Dr Peatman and all the staff Webster Orthopedics were so supportive, helpful and positive. I felt very comfortable, informed and well looked after. No question was ever a silly question. I was shown many options - each explained in language I could understand and I never had any pressure to pick or decide as to what to do. The pre-op, the surgery, and the post op went very smoothly. I highly recommend Dr Peatman and Webster Orthopedics to anyone with sore joints!
Oakley, CA |
Dr Peatman is excellent @ his craft....would recommend him highly
in Concord , CA |
The doctor that performed my surgery was Dr. Schwartz. I found the service provided by Dr. Schwartz and his staff to be excellent. I have had numerous surgeries over the years. I would consider the level of service provided by Dr. Schwartz, and his staff to be one of the best experiences I have ever had with a surgury practice. Dr. Schwartz was always on time for his appointments, and every single member of his staff was very professional and knowledgeable.
Oakland, CA |
Dr. Peatman's team was thorough and professional.
in Walnut Creek, CA |
Dr. Peatman is a great doctor and a true healer, compassionate and super skilled. His staff is kind and personable and happy to work with him. The whole office environment and experience generates a feeling of safety and care. My surgery went perfectly and I'm healing well. I was limping along in pain for 6 months and went to a prior orthopedic surgeon to find out what was wrong. That doctor refused to do an MRI and dismissed me. So I found Dr. Peatman and I'm on the way to an active life again!
in Alameda, CA |
Great person and a great doctor.. he's very up front and open with you, and gives you ample time during appointments.. Plus he's a great sports medicine orthopedic hip surgeon.. all good..*****
Oakland, CA |
You will be in good hands with Dr. Peatman and his team. My first surgery -hip replacement- my questions answered at all stages, diagnosis and recommendations clearly explained, including why less invasive treatment would not be effective. I felt well cared for, and it was a surprisingly good experience.
in San Jose, CA |
Very nice and me and my wife loved how Dr Peatman talked and explained everything to us
in Alameda, CA and Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Peatman is a wonderful doctor. He successfully performed a left hip replacement on May 3, 2011. Within seven weeks I was sailing and hiking. In 2012, I walked the Portuguese Camino from Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela, completing 315 of the 375 miles (time constraint only). I have been living in Scottsdale, AZ the last few years but chose to return to Dr. Peatman for my right hip replacement, June 6, 2017. I would travel 10,000 miles if I had to to have Dr. Peatman for a hip replacement.
in Oakland, CA |
I have felt that not only is Dr. Peatman sensitive to my needs but his entire staff is geared to my well being.
in Manteca, CA |
Dr Peatman is wonderful he keeps me in the loop on all things concerning my knee , as well as being very personable , he's a great doctor to have, your not just a number with him. I would recommend any family or friends need work done to there knee to see him, thanks again Rich
Martinez, CA |
I have been a patient for different injuries over the past 4 years. With every visit the caring clear communication is a constant. I even brought my Mom for an injury she had and would continue to refer family and friends.
San Leandro, CA |
This was my first surgery and Dr. Peatman and his team were very helpful in what to expect. After the surgery his team kept in constant contact with me to make sure I was doing well. They always responded quickly to all question that I had!
in Berkeley, CA |
When you are dealing with Dr. Peatman, you are dealing with a very highly regarded professional, a person who has both experience and knowledge. Dr. Peatman has operated on my hamstring, and so I checked him out by asking around. He has a great reputation, and he does many surgeries at Summit Medical Center. He receives great praise from other doctors at that medical center. His capable medical assistants are available to answer your routine medical questions. My surgery went very well.
in Alameda, CA |
Wonderful, professional & compassion. Excellent service. Highly recommend Dr. Peatman & his staff.
in Castro Valley, CA |
Dr Peatman has been great, and I am very happy with the recovery after two weeks.
in Vacaville, CA |
Dr. Thomas Peatman, MD heard my concerns regarding my knees and gave me the confidence to get the surgery done. Dr. Peatman made me feel comfortable and was very knowledgeable on what he was going to do for me. Dr. Peatman has a great personality that's positive, upbeat and he's always smiling. I found an awesome Doctor I can trust. Thanks
Brentwood, CA |
Dr. Peatman and his team are the best. I'm very grateful to all of the member's of his team and the results of my surgical procedures have been amazing!
in Alameda, CA |
Dr. Peatman's explanation of the surgery, the preparation for it and the recovery was clear and easy to understand. His attitude about what I could expect afterwards was positive. The fact that he does several of these surgeries every week was also reassuring that he'd be good at it. The team at Webster Orthopedics is just as supportive and helpful. Their system to stay in touch both before and after surgery is very effective. Any questions emailed to them are answered the same day.
in Eureka, CA |
Very caring doctor.everything went smoothly. I'm so happy I found dr. Peatman.
in oakland, ca |
i felt heard. his knowledge and concern made me feel confident about the outcome of my procedure.
San Pablo, CA |
Dr. Peatman is personable, knowledgeable and available. I had a minor problem post-operatively, and he took time on his day off to call me to discuss this. His support staff is competent and kind.
in Alameda, CA |
Dr. Peatman is very caring & takes the time to explain your X-ray & MRI. In diagnosing my issue he tried non invasive treatments first. When the decision was made for hip replacement he was very supportive & encouraging that I was making the right decision. He truly wanted to get me back to living my normal life pain free.
in Oakland, CA |
Dr. Peatman is very personal and friendly. He is a skilled medical provider who wants his patients to achieve maximum health. He genuinely cares about restoring your quality of life. I would recommend him to my family and friends for their care.
in Danville, CA |
During our first meeting, Dr. Peatman gave me a sense of confidence in his ability to do the best job that he could. He is warm and engaging.....great sense of humor, all which help when making such a serious decision. He listened and gave me honest feedback to my questions and concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Peatman!
in Walnut Creek, CA |
He is extremely engaging, straight forward, and informative to the patient in a VERY calming relaxing manner. Feel most comfortable in talking & understanding of what's about to happen to me and how I'm going to get back to some normality.
Dr peatman makes you feel comfortable and he explains things thoroughly. He not only talks but he listens to his patients concerns and that why I like dr peatman. His staff at the outpatient surgery center were very warm and professional, and the atmosphere at the surgery center was very relaxing and calm which makes you calm if you have surgery anxiety. I've already recommended dr peatman. I recently had knee surgery and I'm two weeks out and I'm doing very well he did a great job.
in Berkeley |
Dr. Peatman is very thorough and efficient. The surgery went very well and the only issue is severe pain, Normally I don't take pain meds, but I have planned every four to six hours where I will be and what food I will need to eat in the middle of the night so I can take the Percoset. I still haven't asked him all the questions I am trying to ask because he is busy.
in Richmond, CA |
When I came to Dr. Peatman my condition was so extreme that he recommended that both hips have a total replacement. Based on X-rays, my description of pain and loss of mobility, and Dr. Peatman's experience it seemed to be the best solution. I have just had the second surgery, (13 days after the first), and all is going well. The timing of surgeries and recovery have gone as scheduled. Many thanks to Dr. Peatman and his team for the analysis, repair and support.
in San Leandro, CA |
Great doctor & staff - very professional & caring - talked me thru pre op & now post op - very responsive to my calls & questions!!
in Antioch, CA |
My experience was beautiful with Dr. Peatman and his team. Im so happy..
in Berkeley, CA |
I had full right knee replacement in May 2016. I had 3 weeks in home physiotherapy (PT). I continued PT at an outside facility. Now No pain. I am still doing my PT. Then I had fill left knee replacement in October 2016. I am doing home PT now. I had good experience during the recovery.
in San Leandro, CA |
20 days ago, I had full knee replacement. Although it is a very difficult healing process, I am healing nicely and this morning I was able to walk, without my cane, to my front porch. Personally, I can't say enough wonderful words about Dr. Peatman and his amazing staff. Anything I needed was handled quickly. In three months, I will be doing my other knee. I'm looking forward to many years of mobility? Don't wait to get moving?
in Emeryville, CA |
Dr. Thomas Peatman is a highly competent, personable surgeon, and I recommend him without hesitation.
Oakland, CA |
recent total hip replacement, doing well. Surprisingly minimal pain issues. Incision looks great. Follow up program 5/5+. Home PT called day of D/C, came 1st time next day,follow up PTs q2-3 days: PT superb in terms of knowledge, problem-solving. Office covers follow-up very well....computer program starts several weeks pre-op-- reminders when to start/stop meds etc....continues daily with symptom checklist and calls back if any Q/worries expressed. RN calls pre=op and weekly extra F/U
in Concord, CA |
First, Dr. Peatman came very highly recommended by the nursing staff at Alta Bates Summit and by the administrative executives. He is very friendly, very professional and very confident in his abilities. His work has been outstanding, from initial surgery to follow up and scheduling the next surgery. Everything worked to the patients benefit. It is clear that his medical practice is patient centered. His decisions seem spot on and his bedside manner helped ease a nervous patient.
San Leandro, CA |
I recommend Dr. Peatman. He performed a hip replacement for me about which I had many questions prior to surgery and after. He, and his staff, took time to answer my questions until I completely understood the changes. I had confidence in him both before and after the surgery.
in Lathrop, ca |
Have been seeing Dr Peatman for over ten years for three different sugeries. He is a very thorough and professional Doctor. I have no complaints about his work and know how when it come to my personal care. I highly recommend him and his Great and exceptionally caring Team!
in Piedmont, CA |
Dr. Peatman has been my surgeon for both my hip replacement and my shoulder surgery. He and his team are excellent. They are experienced and professional while at the same time they are friendly and careing. We tried non surgical options before the decision was made to operate. Dr. Peatman explained, in detail each step we took. I am very pleased with the outcome of both surgeries.
Dr. Peatman assisted me with knee surgery; he and his staff were great to deal with. As one would expect, Dr. Peatman knew his stuff, but what I really appreciated was his willingness to ensure I understood what was happening with my knee, and the best course of fixing. My surgery was smooth and post-op visits with Dr. Peatman went very well.
in Oakland, CA |
Knowlegeable; no nonsense, go for it/fix it attitude; excellent work for me with hip and knee replacements
in Oakland, CA |
Excellent experience. Great recovery, and play follow up. Support staff is really great
in Oakland, CA |
Unfortunately, I have seen Dr. Peatman for quite a number of injuries and injury/age related joint problems. He is very thorough and shows concern for his patients even to check on me while out of town! He works hard on resolving all of my issues prior to recommending surgery!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Peatman, MD?
Are you Dr. Peatman?