Dr. Thomas O'Hagan, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Thomas O'Hagan, MD
Dr. Thomas O'Hagan, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Traverse City, MI. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. O'Hagan is affiliated with Munson Medical Center.

Dr. O'Hagan's Experience

See how Dr. O'Hagan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Hagan

Dr. O'Hagan accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. O'Hagan is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. O'Hagan has admitting privileges.

Dr. O'Hagan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Hagan to family and friends
Dr. O'Hagan's Performance
Sault Ste. Marie , MI |
I had a great experience with him. My senior year of basketball I tore my acl and I went to other doctors and after them putting me through physical therapy to try to prevent surgery and hurting it again I went to O'Hagen and he did a great job explaining and performing the surgery. I am very satisfied and the recovery time is about 5-6 months more towards 6 so I'm just getting back into things and my knee feels great.
Onaway, MI |
I saw Dr. Ohagan as a result of a poor experience elsewhere, and instead of getting into the reasons for getting this second opinion, let me list the positives about Dr. Ohagan. 1. Heck of a nice person, as was his entire staff. 2. He listened intently to my description of symptoms before diagnosing and did not simply launch into a diagnosis based on radiologist's findings and MRI images. 3. He did a fine job on the surgery (torn meniscus). 4. The surigical facility and staff were top notch.
Traverse City, MI |
I had shoulder surgery to fix a torn labrum. I had no problems and no pain at all. I could do everything again after 7 months! Dr. O'Hagan is great!
in Traverse City, MI |
I have been having extreme pain and loss of mobility for some years in my left knee. Dr. O'Hagan advised a shot first to see if that would help but there was no relief so we discussed total replacement of the knee. He took his time to explain to me and my wife what would be entailed. He was very truthful and very thorough with his consultation. We proceeded to surgery and each step has gone as depicted. I am extremely happy that we choose him for the surgery and would recommend him to anyone.
Harbor Springs |
I wanted to start with least invasive treatment, but when it became apparent I needed knee surgery Dr. O'Hagan went through all the options carefully, answered all my questions, and the did an excellent job of the surgery. Follow-up has been outstanding, too.
in Traverse City, MI |
Last year I had to have knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. He takes the time to listen to your symptoms and answers any questions you have in easy to understand terms. If surgery is your option of choice then he tells you exactly what he is going to do and the timeline for recovery. Critical to a full recovery is doing exactly what he and the physical therapist recommend for exercises. I am back doing activities with no pain.
in Traverse City, MI |
The best surgeon knows when to pass the baton. My son Alex had surgery with Dr. O'Hagan after a knee dislocation. The MRI report clearly showed probable tear in a tendon or ligament. Dr. O'Hagan assured my husband and I that the ligament was stable. After 5 months of PT 3 times a week, our son tried to use his knee in a minimal way. His knee completely buckled. We were told by Devos Children's Ortho that this injury is unique and will take a specialist that only repairs this kind of in
in Mc Bain, MI |
When I was a junior in highschool, I tore my ACL while playing basketball. We visited Dr. O'Hagan and decided to go with a reconstructive surgery that used my own tissue. He was very approachable, answering all the questions and concerns we had. For the following year, until I was released from his care, he continued to monitor my progress, making sure I was progressing healing appropriately. I am thankful for the excellent care provided by Dr. O'Hagan.
in Traverse City, MI |
Dr. O'Hagan was very nice and very knowledgeable. He was especially knowledgeable and experienced with sports injuries. I would recommend him to anyone in the Northern Michigan area with knee, foot, ankle, and shoulder injuries and especially sports related injuries. His experience as an athlete and as a Dr in professional sports makes him one of the most well trained orthopedic surgeons in our area.
in Traverse City, MI |
Dr. O'Hagan showed both tremendous skill and care when surgically replaced my ACL. It's tough to have to sit out of both basketball and baseball during my rehab...but he has me on track to ready for my Junior year. It helps that he was an athlete so he really seems to understand what it's like to have to rehab instead of play. He really is a great Dr. and a great guy.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas O'Hagan, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Hagan?

Compare Dr. O'Hagan

Dr. O'Hagan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. O'Hagan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. O'Hagan's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Rib Fracture

Rothman Inst-Jefferson U

Completed in 2013

Notre Dame

Graduated in 2000

Dr. O'Hagan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Hagan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine