Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD

Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Schaumburg, IL. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Read his story

929 W Higgins Rd

Schaumburg, IL 60195

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Obermeyer

See how frequently Dr. Obermeyer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Elbow Injuries
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Obermeyer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Obermeyer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Obermeyer "Award-winning fellowship trained orthopedic sub-specialist offering modern and customized treatment plans for patients of all ages. "

This content was provided by Dr. Obermeyer "As a former competitive athlete himself, Dr. Obermeyer customizes treatment options for each patient to permit him or her to return to the quality of life and activities he or she most values.  Oftentimes surgery is not needed but when deemed necessary Dr. Obermeyer provides modern, cutting edge surgical techniques."

• Sports Medicine

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Joint Disorders
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Malunion of Fracture
  • Shoulder Muscle Strain
  • Shoulder Sprain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Traumatic Arthropathy

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
  • Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Orthopedique Center Santy
    Other Education | Completed 2013

Dr. Obermeyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Obermeyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Obermeyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Obermeyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Obermeyer to family and friends
Dr. Obermeyer's Performance
in Schaumburg, IL |
I had difficulty with my shoulder for a number of years and eventually the shoulder interfered with my daily life. I then set an appointment with Dr. Obermeyer who ordered xrays and other tests to determine the extent of damage to my shoulder. After reviewing the tests he said I needed a full reverse shoulder replacement. Three and a half months after surgery, Dr. Obermeyer released me to return to my normal daily life. Dr. Obermeyer did an excellent job from start to finish.
Glendale Heights |
Dr Thomas Obermeyer is an excellent doctor and took care of me during my shoulder surgery. I would recommend this doctor and Barrington Orthopedic Specialists.
in Bartlett |
I would recommend Dr. Thomas Obermeyer without any hesitation. He is extremely knowledge and relates well to patients. He explains procedures very well and does so in an understandable way. He is professional, yet friendly. One can sense his care for you as a patient in need of his outstanding service and expertise.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
Very pleased with Dr. Obermeyer, his patient surgeon-relationship and the results of his surgery on my shoulder. I have recommended him to friends and fellow police officers.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Very thorough about the procedure you are going to have and what to expect. Barrington Orthopedics is a top notch facility with equipment for therapy after surgery to get you back to normal. Staff very friendly and helpful.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer performed arthroscopy on my knee for a torn meniscus. Six weeks later I am walking and feeling better than I have for over a year. Both pre-op and post-op he made sure I understood everything I needed to know about the procedure and what to expect afterward. Also, the physical therapy team and Barrington Ortho is first rate
Elk Grove Village, IL |
While his bedside manner could use a little work (he tends to rush office visits), his skills as a surgeon are excellent. I had rotator cuff surgery and barely 5 months later I am 100%. After hearing stories from friends of 1+ years of recovery, I was nervous. Dr. Obermeyer's confidence gave me confidence and I am glad I had the surgery. I am now pain free and able to do everything I should.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. .Thomas Obermeyer is a Orthopedic Doctor at Barrington Orthopedic. I went to see him for a shoulder injury recently. I had an excellent experience under Dr. Obermeyer's care... His knowledge, transparency, communication and the skill to repair my shoulder has me on a positive road to recovery. The Physical Therapists at Barrington Orthopedics have also done a tremendous job... very patient, thorough and helpful.
in Roselle |
Great Doctor! Never had a doctor call me at home, usually it's an assistant. I wish he did hips and backs. This doctor is genuine.
in Madison, WI |
I walked into the office not kno by what the future held for me and my torn ACL. Dr Obermeyer calmed my nerves right away by discussing all of my surgery options and clearly explaining the procedure as I knew nothing about ACL surgery. The day of my surgery couldn't have ran smoother. He was an amazing doctor and a phenomenal surgeon. I'm three months out of surgery but I'm already running and progressing above normal. I'm so thankful for Dr Obermeyer.
Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer is an excellent surgeon with a pleasant personality and demeanor who spends time explaining your options along with his suggestions. He will answer your questions with honesty and take the time to cover possible outcomes after your procedure. He is also thorough and precise.
Bristol, WI |
Dr Obermeyer has very good bedside manner he did an excellent left rotator cuff surgery on me I feel great.
in Lendzion |
Had a shoulder replacement Febuarary 2017. Excellent job no problems pain was very minimum depending what I was doing.Dr Obermeyer was great in every way. I need to have right shoulder done and would have him do it without even thinking about it .
in Palatine, IL |
I had knee surgery on April 6, 2017. The surgery couldn't have gone better. I loved that Dr. Obermeyer brought pictures of x-rays, that showed my knee before and after the surgery. He has such a positive and pleasant personality. I already have a date scheduled to have my other knee done.
in BARTLETT, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer performed my rotator cuff surgery 1/19/2017. He removed bone spurs from my shoulder and repaired muscle, tendon, and ligament damage. He was very informative about the whole procedure.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer did an outstanding job on my rotator cuff surgery. I would highly recommend him for your Orthopedic needs!
in Bartlett, IL |
2 doctors saw my MRI and both agreed I needed shoulder surgery. My primary doctor recommended Dr Obermeyer and I am so glad he did. Here I am, 3 months later I couldn't be happier. Everything went absolutely perfect , from surgery to therapy and everything in between. Great surgeon and great team! Thank you so much!
Streamwood, IL |
If I could leave less than 1 star I would. I needed an ACL reconstruction. Although there are at least 3 options available, Patellar tendon from patient, Hamstring tendon from patient or an Allograft (tendon taken from a cadaver) . I was only told about the Patellar tendon or cadaver option. On 3 occasions I rejected the cadaver option. On the day of surgery, I confirmed that I wanted to use my own tendon. I was appalled and sick to my stomach to find out that he decided to use a cadaver part.
in Palatine, IL |
I was certain I needed surgery for my shoulder but after a long discussion with Dr. Obermeyer he correctly explained that I did not. After several physical therapy sessions and stretching and exercises at home I am pain free. I could not be happier.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Obermeyer?

Visit Dr. Obermeyer

Evening
Dr. Obermeyer accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Obermeyer has admitting privileges