Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD
Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Schaumburg, IL. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Obermeyer is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital, St. Alexius Medical Center and Alexian Brothers Medical Center.

Barrington Orthopedic Specialists

929 W Higgins Rd

Schaumburg, IL 60195

Learn about Dr. Obermeyer

Dr. Obermeyer's Experience

Dr. Obermeyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Obermeyer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Hip Resurfacing
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Obermeyer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Obermeyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Obermeyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Obermeyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Obermeyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Obermeyer to family and friends
Dr. Obermeyer's Performance
Elk Grove Village, IL |
While his bedside manner could use a little work (he tends to rush office visits), his skills as a surgeon are excellent. I had rotator cuff surgery and barely 5 months later I am 100%. After hearing stories from friends of 1+ years of recovery, I was nervous. Dr. Obermeyer's confidence gave me confidence and I am glad I had the surgery. I am now pain free and able to do everything I should.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. .Thomas Obermeyer is a Orthopedic Doctor at Barrington Orthopedic. I went to see him for a shoulder injury recently. I had an excellent experience under Dr. Obermeyer's care... His knowledge, transparency, communication and the skill to repair my shoulder has me on a positive road to recovery. The Physical Therapists at Barrington Orthopedics have also done a tremendous job... very patient, thorough and helpful.
in Roselle |
Great Doctor! Never had a doctor call me at home, usually it's an assistant. I wish he did hips and backs. This doctor is genuine.
in Madison, WI |
I walked into the office not kno by what the future held for me and my torn ACL. Dr Obermeyer calmed my nerves right away by discussing all of my surgery options and clearly explaining the procedure as I knew nothing about ACL surgery. The day of my surgery couldn't have ran smoother. He was an amazing doctor and a phenomenal surgeon. I'm three months out of surgery but I'm already running and progressing above normal. I'm so thankful for Dr Obermeyer.
Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer is an excellent surgeon with a pleasant personality and demeanor who spends time explaining your options along with his suggestions. He will answer your questions with honesty and take the time to cover possible outcomes after your procedure. He is also thorough and precise.
Bristol, WI |
Dr Obermeyer has very good bedside manner he did an excellent left rotator cuff surgery on me I feel great.
in Lendzion |
Had a shoulder replacement Febuarary 2017. Excellent job no problems pain was very minimum depending what I was doing.Dr Obermeyer was great in every way. I need to have right shoulder done and would have him do it without even thinking about it .
in Palatine, IL |
I had knee surgery on April 6, 2017. The surgery couldn't have gone better. I loved that Dr. Obermeyer brought pictures of x-rays, that showed my knee before and after the surgery. He has such a positive and pleasant personality. I already have a date scheduled to have my other knee done.
in BARTLETT, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer performed my rotator cuff surgery 1/19/2017. He removed bone spurs from my shoulder and repaired muscle, tendon, and ligament damage. He was very informative about the whole procedure.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Obermeyer did an outstanding job on my rotator cuff surgery. I would highly recommend him for your Orthopedic needs!
in Bartlett, IL |
2 doctors saw my MRI and both agreed I needed shoulder surgery. My primary doctor recommended Dr Obermeyer and I am so glad he did. Here I am, 3 months later I couldn't be happier. Everything went absolutely perfect , from surgery to therapy and everything in between. Great surgeon and great team! Thank you so much!
Streamwood, IL |
If I could leave less than 1 star I would. I needed an ACL reconstruction. Although there are at least 3 options available, Patellar tendon from patient, Hamstring tendon from patient or an Allograft (tendon taken from a cadaver) . I was only told about the Patellar tendon or cadaver option. On 3 occasions I rejected the cadaver option. On the day of surgery, I confirmed that I wanted to use my own tendon. I was appalled and sick to my stomach to find out that he decided to use a cadaver part.
in Palatine, IL |
I was certain I needed surgery for my shoulder but after a long discussion with Dr. Obermeyer he correctly explained that I did not. After several physical therapy sessions and stretching and exercises at home I am pain free. I could not be happier.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Obermeyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Obermeyer?