Dr. Thomas Numnum, MD

Dr. Thomas Numnum, MD

Gynecologic Oncology  |

Dr. Thomas Numnum, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Numnum is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center, Williamson Medical Center and Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital.

Gynecologic Oncology of Middle Tennessee

330 23rd Ave N Ste 600

Nashville, TN 37203

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Medicare
  • NovaNet

Learn about Dr. Numnum

Dr. Numnum's Experience

Dr. Numnum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology

• Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colpopexy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Thoracentesis
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Medical School | Graduated 2001
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Numnum has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Numnum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Numnum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Numnum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Numnum to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Numnum's Performance
in Murray, KY |
Dr. Numnum is an excellent oncologist. He is very knowledgeable about cancer and cancer treatments (surgery and chemotherapy). He always acts in a professional and courteous way and has the best ever bedside manner. Dr. Numnum always wants to do what is best for his patient and I am thankful every day that I was referred to such a really good doctor.
in Benton, Ky |
Dr. Numnum is a rock star doctor. He is brilliant, skilled, and compassionate. His office staff make scheduling appoints, obtaining percertifications, and filing insurance claims so easy. I am very please with the care I have received and I highly recommend him.
Nashville, TN |
I am still working with Dr. Numnum and I am so happy to be in his and his staff's competent hands. Dr. Numnum performed major surgery on me a week ago. I had some difficulty with nausea and dizziness on night 2 after surgery, and Dr. Numnum was giving marching orders to the hospital staff and me for corrective action by 7AM the next morning. We all snapped to and followed his very specific directions. I was significantly better in a matter of hours and back on the road to recovery.
in Cookeville, TN |
We were VERY PLEASED with the surgery performed by Dr. Numnum, his competence, his bed-side manner, and the outcome. We highly recommend Dr. Numnum, without reservation.
in Memphis TN |
Kind & compassionate about his job and patients as well. Was my first time to ever have him as my doctor and I highly recommend him and his staff.
in Portland, TN |
I was about 10-15 minutes early and the staff was accommodating in not making me wait. They were very pleasant, nurse practitioner was extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. Dr. Numnum was very personable, took his time explaining my issue and answered all my questions. I did not feel rushed. Felt very comfortable and would definitely recommend this office to anyone who needs their services. My issue was a gynecological problem and not oncology but it made no difference.
La Vergne, TN |
Dr. Numnum has been great. He is very knowledgeable.
Murray, KY |
Dr. Numnum is an outstanding physician and surgeon. He is currently treating my stage IIB ovarian cancer, and has been expedient, kind, direct, and helpful to me in every way as I receive treatment. I would recommend him to my closest family and friends without hesitation.
Memphis, TN |
Dr Numnum is the smiling doctor . I felt i was in good hands and i was not dissapointed. My scar is healing just fine.
in Old Hickory |
I have had 2 appointments with Dr. Numnum. I chose to see him because he gave such great care to my daughter in 2013. The waiting room is comfortable and relaxed. Each staff member is courteous and talks with you , explaining each step they are taking. I appreciate Dr. Numnum's cautious approach and thoroughness?. Dr. Numnum looks you in the eye and listens to your questions and concerns.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Numnum is a wonderful doctor. He is always kind and patient. I have never had to wait more than 10min for him or his staff to arrive after I have been give an exam room.
in Mayfield, KY |
I received professional and personal care through entire facility.
in Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Numnum is an excellent doctor with a wonderful beside manner. He answered all my questions patiently and kindly. He is exactly the doctor you need when you are facing surgery!
Bowling Green, KY |
Dr. Numnum was listened to my fertility concerns and was very honest about the next steps in my medical care. He was down-to-earth and spoke to my husband and me as if it were a normal conversation. I can see that he treats each patient as an individual. His office staff was not just polite; they were cheerful and treated us as real individuals like no other medical staff I've encountered. They seem to recognize the care people truly need.
Dr. Numnum takes time to make sure you understand the diagnosis and the options available. He has treated two other family members and we all would encourage others in our position to seek his opinion. The care he and his office provides is awesome!
in Nashville, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Numnum. This is an outstanding practice from the front office staff to the nurses to the doctor.
in Paducah, KY |
For my first visit my nerves were quickly put to rest by the friendly, sweet front desk staff. Dr. Numnum is very friendly and personable, he told me everything I needed to know without my asking. And he spoke to me to where I could understand. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!!
Gadsden, TN |
My recent experience at the Gynecologic Oncology facility was great and would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff and physician had respect and professionalism towards patients.
in Chapel Hill, TN |
Dr. Numnum and his staff are the kindest nicest medical staff I have ever dealt with. They are caring and understanding that this is a very scary time for someone to go through. I had a bunch of questions before my surgery, and was pleasantly surprised that Dr. Numnum called me personally to discuss and answer all of my questions. Nashville is VERY lucky to have Dr. Numnum!
in Jackson, MO 63755 |
Dr Numnum is so kind, personal and brilliant! Was referred to him in 2010. We had no gynecologic oncologist in Paducah KY, so I was referred to him upon discovery of a large tumor inside my fallopian tube after having a total hysterectomy. Dr Numnum said it was a stage 1a but a grade 3, meaning it was THE most aggressive form of ovarian cancer and he hit it hard! I had 6 cycles of carboplatin and taxotere. HE SAVED MY LIFE!!!. Staff was outstanding!! 6 yrs cancer free! Love Dr Numnum!!
in Nashville, TN |
I had my first visit with Dr Numnum last week. After getting diagnosed with uterine cancer, i wanted to find a gyn/onc that would fit me. Dr Numnum was referred to me by my current gyn. From the first moment of trying to get in and make an appt, his staff of nurses and assistants were awesome and so sweet! Dr Numnum is very professional, but i feel he is also very relate-able and easy to talk to. I feel that i am in good hands and made a very good decision.
When a doctor tells you that you don't need your ovaries since you are past menopause, find another doctor. Numnum is seriously ignorant about this. The ovaries produce testosterone and other androgens, plus unknown factors, for all of a woman's life. If your ovaries are removed after menopause, even if you are on estrogen replacement, you will experience a body crash, you will lose much of your scalp hair, and your bone and breast health and everything in your body will be affected.
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Numnum is always courteous and professional, taking time to explain past test results and what is being done at the current visit. I feel that he genuinely cares about my health. The staff is always friendly, and I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes before being called back to a room. Always a great experience!
in Nashville, TN |
Awesome Doctor - Very Professional and understanding. Dr. Numnum is a truly great doctor who will go above and beyond.
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Numnum is a truly gifted surgeon who sincerely cares about his patients well-being and goes above and beyond. I really can't express how impressed I with Dr. Numnum. He didn't have all my records and called my previous physician while I was in the office. He said he'd walk over to pick them up if they weren't sent over within the hour! Everyone in his office is incredibly kind, and exceptionally prompt returning calls. I feel very grateful to have had him as my surgeon.
in Paducah, KY |
wonderful person, and caring
in Lebanon, TN |
This man saved my life! The first visit I had with Dr. Numnum was difficult because he was very "to the point" and almost seemed arrogant; however, I stuck with him because I had cancer and I was told he was one of the best. I am so glad I did not on my first impressions of him because he is such an excellent doctor in whom I have the utmost confidence. He isn't arrogant at all and will do anything in his power to help you through your battle with cancer.
in Hendersonville, TN |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Numnum to family and friends. I have done so in the past. He is kind, caring, compassionate, thorough, honest and knowledgeable. My family and I trust his judgment and he always takes the time to respond to our inquiries. I have been his patient for approximately five years. For us, he is like a member of our family. I would be disappointed if he were to ever decide to leave Nashville.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Num Num is one of the best Dr's I have ever met! On 02/17/2015 I had and emergency C-Section at 33 weeks and 2 days of pregnancy due to a major hemorrhage. Dr. Num Num was called in to complete an emergency hysterectomy and I know without a doubt had he not been there along with God and the other Dr's involved, I would not be here today. He is absolutely amazing and he will forever be in my heart for the amazing job he did!!!!
I was really disappointed in my visit with this doctor. He was not compassionate AT ALL, and seemed offended because I opted out of an invasive surgery that could leave me without my ovaries in order to remove my cysts. If you prefer natural or alternative medicine and value doctors who are not sarcastic and condescending then you may want to look elsewhere.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Numnum, MD?
Are you Dr. Numnum?

Visit Dr. Numnum

Dr. Numnum accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Alliant Health Plans
  • American General
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Card
    Network C
    Network P
    Network S
  • ChoiceCare Network
    Flexcare
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna HMO
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Choice Care

Nashville, TN 37236
Williamson Medical Center
4321 Carothers Pkwy
Franklin, TN 37067

More Gynecologic Oncology Specialists like Dr. Numnum at Gynecologic Oncology of Middle Tennessee

Gynecologic Oncology Specialist