Dr. Thomas Nabity Jr, MD

Dr. Thomas Nabity Jr, MD

Regenerative Medicine  |

Contact provider for availability

I'm Dr. Tom Nabity. I chose to become a physician after watching my father and grandfather positively impact so many of their patient's lives. I felt there was no better way to use my God given talents than to follow in their footsteps, and I studied hard to obtain enough knowledge in order to help people similar to what I had witnessed growing up. I initially wanted to become a surgeon and "fix" people with interventions. In my medical school training, I quickly realized that surgery was frequently a last option that failed to produce the desired outcome. I became frustrated that more wasn't done initially to prevent the disease, and instead turned to a more preventative specialty focused on managing pain and fixing muscle, bone, and joint problems with exercise before they became surgical. I became a physical medicine and rehabilitation (PMR) specialist and performed multiple types of cortisone injections for my patients for 8 years before finding my true calling. I was following the standard medical treatments for my patients, masking their pain with injections while attempting to maximizing their function with diet and exercise. However, I still found that the majority of my patients had recurrent pain. In early 2015, I had one specific patient who inquired about stem cells and platelet rich plasma for his condition. I had seen articles in medical journals promoting the potential of these treatments, and decided to enroll in a training program to learn the benefits myself. My initial training program was a career and life changing experience. Since that conference, I have attended multiple other training courses and began implementing regenerative medicine into my practice in February 2016. Since that initial implementation, I have been amazed at the outcomes my patients' have achieved. Individuals I have seen on a monthly basis for years, prescribing them meds and performing various cortisone injections and nerve blocks, are now cured and have stopped their medications and no longer require their injections! While each individual treatment is unique, you can see for yourself the stories of patients I've treated by visiting my website listed and reading the testimonials. Rest assured that I don't want to fix your problem rather than enroll you in a medication and band aid injection cycle if I can. My mission is to cure you of your pain and give you back your freedom from pain and debility. If you would like to see if I can help, please call to schedule your appointment today.

Pain Medicine and Rehabilitation Consultants

11051 Hall Rd Ste 240

Utica, MI 48317

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Nabity Jr

Dr. Nabity Jr's Experience

Dr. Nabity Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Regenerative Medicine
  • Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

This content was provided by Dr. Nabity Jr "As a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist, my focus is on improving function in addition to disease management. My treatment plans combine diet, exercise, medications, injections, and other complimentary treatments such as regenerative medicine procedures such as stem cells and platelet rich plasma all designed to limit your pain, restore your function, and improve your overall quality of life. I see my role in my patients' care as first and foremost, an educator. After a detailed history and exam, I will present you with options to best manage and potentially cure your condition.  If I do my job right, you won't have to keep coming in to see me."

• Regenerative Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Facet Block
  • Joint Injection
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Synvisc® Injection
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Southern Methodist University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Nebraska / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • William Beaumont Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Nabity Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nabity Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nabity Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nabity Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nabity Jr to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Nabity Jr Says:

Thank you to all my patients who've taken the time to review my service.  Reading these makes me remember why I became a physician in the first place.

Thanks!

Dr. Nabity Jr's Performance
in Macomb, MI |
Dr Nabity is the Best Pain Specialist! I've been seeing him since 2012. When I first started seeing him I was spending more time in bed as my pain was so bad and couldn't do many things. I feel he has given me quality of life as I'm not spending most days in bed. I'm out enjoying the little things in life. He's a very caring doctor and also his assistant Brad is great too. I remember the first injection I received I felt like a million bucks! The office staff is wonderful too.
in MI |
I want to say that Dr Nabiity has been one of the most wonderful doctors that I have ever encountered. He actually listens and is very respectful. He has never made me feel like he was rushing me out of the office, like my issues weren't important to him. And yes I would recommend Dr Nabity to my family and friends. Last year I had the Boston Scientific Neurostimulation Device implanted and later this year Dr Nabity will be performing the same procedure on my sister.
in Warren, MI |
I have a Rare Disease and can not have the Surgery the Spinal Surgeon wanted to do. I have had in 2008 a Spinal Fusion, 2012 a Lamenectomy. So the Surgeoun sent me to Dr Nabity, I am so happy he did. Dr. Nabity is the most caring, sensitive, funny, and he explains every detail of what he is doing. Dr Nabity is the most caring Dr I have come across in a long time. Let me tell you I have had many many pain Dr's and I will take Dr Nabity over any of them anyday. I fully 100% trust him.
in New Baltimore, MI |
He thinks people want to get high . He does not believe that you have pain . Because of him And he taking me off of my pain meds and put me on oxie condone my heart stopped ! Don't go here if your in pain . He is there just for the money . My pcp told me don't go there I'll give you your pain meds .
in Clinton township , MI |
He gave us hope and help when we ran out of options....excellent doctor.
in Grosse Pointe Park, MI |
Dr. Nabity is an excellent pain management doctor. I have been seeing him for nearly 3 years now because of lumbar spine issues, and if not for him, I would not have been able to continue working.
in Clinton Twp. Michigan |
Dr. Nabity is the Most Caring Doctor. He makes You feel safe in His care. He is very warm and friendly and explains in a kind and friendly manner. He will explain until You can understand. He really Cares!!!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Nabity Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Nabity Jr?