Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Thomas Meister, MD
Dr. Thomas Meister, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Meister is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

South Office

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Meister

Dr. Meister's Experience

Dr. Meister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of Nebraska / College of Medicine
  • University Ky
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Wash University Barnes Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Meister has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meister to family and friends
Dr. Meister's Performance
in Canon City, CO |
Dr. Meister is an incredibly caring,dedicated,open minded dr He spent a lot of time with me on my first appt, asking me questions, going over options, asking what I felt was the right treatment for me. He was genuinely interested in me & my views & concerned for my welfare.To my complete amazement, Dr. Meister has called me on 2 different occasions on the weekends because he wasn't able to call during the week.This man is amazing & I feel so fortunate to have found him!! Thanks, Dr. Meister!!
Austin, TX |
This office tries to pressure you into buying a Colonoscopy Prep Kit for $25. The only medicine in this kit is Perrigo Polyethylene Glycol 3350 8.3 Oz that sells for $11.58 on Amazon. The other contents of this kit are unnecessary as you already have what you need at home instead of this stuff. They even have a diaper, wipes and a water bottle in this kit. Come on!! Overcharge of $13.42 for unnecessary items.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Meister was recommended by several family members.I am very satisfied with my whole experience. The Doctor and entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My experience was a total waste of time. After waiting for over an hour, I was treated rudely by everystaff member AND the doctor.
Clair - we would like to look into your complaint but can't find you in our system. Please call our office so we may look into your situation (719) 632-7101
Colorado Springs, CO |
Very personable. Gave great information, answered all questions. Very prompt.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Everyone did a great job!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Great team of employees, they put me at ease, experience was a good one. Dr. Meister, is a caring Doctor
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great Doc and was great in informing me and my wife all about the procedure and the results.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Its nice to be able to feel that your doctor cares about you and can be trusted. I can't say that about Dr. Meister. Do not go to this guy.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is one great Physician, I can only recommend him.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My wife and I have both been patients and appreciate how kind and compassionate the entire staff is. Their professionalism is top notch from that first call to making the appointment to the followup call post visit.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was nervous, because of a bad experience 4 years ago. Dr. Meister and his team made me feel comfortable and were very reassuring.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am a new patient and brought labs from previous doctor; he took the time to review my information and was able to make a more accurate plan for further testing. He also addressed an additional health issue that I had. I would definitely recommend him because he is thorough and I did not feel like he was just rushing through the appointment. Very open to questions and gladly repeated information that I didn't catch the first time.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I felt that Dr. Meister was a real professional. What I liked is that he talked to you before the procedure to ask what the problem I was having. He was not like lets hurry up and get this over with and out the door When it was over he dropped by to let a person know how every thing went. Plus the staff was great as well. I glad it was good news . Great doctor! and staff!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Spoke to me prior to the procedure and after. Explained everything. Also talked to my family while I was in recovery. Very nice!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister and his staff were great. I appreciated their straightforwardness and sense of humor.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Meister has earned the highest regard in treating our gastroenterology needs.
Excellent!
Bad doctor. Bad business. Can't say one nice thing
The best
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very professional staff. Excellent communications. I would recommend this team to all family members.
Peyton, CO |
Dr. Meister is very personable. He knew my history and my family history. He took the time to answer all my questions without seeming rushed. Overall a good experience.
Toronto, ON |
Very friendly and right to the point in his explanations.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Caring, thorough, serious, yet with a good sense of humor. Great doctor!!!
in Monument, CO |
JOB WELL DONE.HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is an excellent ,teaching hospital quality,gastrenterologist !
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister has always provided excellent professional service and care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was so happy to be served by Dr. Meister's team. They are great! Everything was very professional and nicely done. Good job! Thank you!!!!
Thank you for your kind words. We value your feedback. How could we be better to get your five star approval
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Considering this procedure is one that no one looks forward to having. Your office and all staff involved were very kind and informative. From when I picked up my kit to having the procedure to the follow up call the next day. Thank you so very much:)
Manitou Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister and his staff are friendly and professional. The prep for the colonoscopy was not bad and much better than stories I hear from friends who have gone to other clinics.
Experienced & dedicated physician
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The procedure and results were explained in terms I could understand. There was no discomfort during or following the procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Meister was wonderful. He was professional and took the time to answer all my questions and give me the details I needed.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister and his staff were awesome! Very kind and courteous. They explained everything and answered all my questions.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is friendly and direct with his patients.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister was extremely professional and very knowledgable. I won't lie, this was my first colonoscopy and I was a little nervous. Dr. Meister made me laugh with his sense of humor and I felt much more comfortable. They wheeled me in and gave me some medicine and I woke up back in my room like nothing ever happened. If I need any more future colonocopies, I will insist on seeing Dr. Meister, he is amazing and his staff were incredible!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister has performed at least 3 procedures for me. I would highly recommend him and GACS.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My husband and I, both patients of Dr. Meister, feel confident that he has our best health and quality of life foremost. I was surprised and pleased to receive a letter this week telling us a liver growth that University/Memorial wanted was indeed benign, just as Dr. Meister had felt it was. Usually it's wait and worry until a follow-up appointment.
in Colorado Springs CO |
Dr. Meister was the best physician I ever had. He was very thorough questioning me in my first visit and always pursued each complaint that prompted me to come to confer with him. I have already recommended him to a relative.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is kind and caring. He is very professional.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister spent time with me. He listened and he explained my symptoms. We thoroughly discussed treatment options. I found him to be very personable and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Meister to others.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had a great experience with Dr Meister and his team. They are all respecful and caring. Dr Meister explained everything and made sure that I understood everything before/after after the procedure. He is a great listener! Me and my family thank God for this team(clinic).
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is one of the most thorough, caring, and capable doctors I've ever had.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
DR. Meister was very personable . He explained the procedure and what he did very good to me. I felt he was professional, and caring. I also thank him for receiving the letter about my procedure. The staff was also friendly and they made me feel at ease. God Bless Dr. Meister for all he does for his patients.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Meister and his entire team are to be commended for their attention to patient care...amazing actually! I've referred two of my friends today.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Meister is a great doctor. He took care of my dad and constantly looked for solutions with his illness. I will forever be grateful for his work and every procedure he did for may dad made a huge difference in his quality of life.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
First one actually listening and trying to figure out the problem.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister is very personable and spends the appropriate amount of time with the patient. I have never felt rushed.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Procedure went well--had to wait almost an hour after scheduled time due to difficult cases in front of me--every 30 min the nurse informed both me and my husband of the delays--that was very nice of her.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He was very laid back and easy to talk to. He was also specific when we met after my procedure and explained everything so that it was easy to understand. This is not a procedure you look forward to, but Dr. Meister and the staff made it non stressful!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Meister, MD?

See our Gastroenterology Specialist at Penrose-St. Francis Health Services