Dr. Thomas E. Meister, MD

Dr. Thomas E. Meister, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 51 years old

76 reviews| Leave a review

Dr. Meister specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Meister? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Meister's Experience

See how Dr. Meister's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meister

Dr. Meister accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Meister has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Meister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meister to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Meister
Dr. Meister's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (71)
in La Veta, CO |
Dr. Meister is very compassionate and caring. He listens to our concerns and warmly answers any questions. He explains procedures is language we can understand and makes me feel comfortable to have the procedure. He is concise and easy to understand. I would recommend Dr. Meister to my family and friends.
in Canon City, Colorado |
Dr. Meister is a World-class professional! Havealready recommended him to my friends---one already scheduled her visit---which she has been delaying for over one year! It could be a life-saving procedure! Absolutely!
very good
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister was awesome, answered all my questions and very professional ! Great Care and Great Staff !
in colorado springs, co |
Dr. Meister is the best. He has a technique he uses to minimize the residual gas left in the intestine so there is little/no discomfort or flatulence after the procedure. Significantly better than the first 2 colonoscopies I had done. Staff was outstanding, as was their outlook on a not so great event/thing to have to do/get done (ie. the 'bottoms up coffee shop :) '). When you have to have this done, THIS is the Doctor to go to!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Listened and very understanding about my problem. Definitely would recommend.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The instructions were clear and easy to follow and the Dr. explained everything in detail and answered all my questions.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This was my third colonoscopy with Dr. Meister and all have been handled very smoothly and professionally. I could not expect any better service then I received.
Salida, CO |
Dr. Meister listened well, applied his years of training and experience, and came up with the best plan of care for my individual problem. I am a physician with 34 years experience myself, and can only say that Dr. Meister is an outstanding physician that I recommend without reservation to anyone who needs a gastroenterology specialist.
I love Dr Meister
Great bedside manner.
Excellent
in Florissant, CO |
Made an extra effort to talk to me by phone when I had questions. Gave me the lasting impression that he really knows his specialty.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Specific personal concern about my issue, clear explanation of pros and cons of possible approaches, general friendly upbeat atmosphere in the office
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Always a good experience. Very professional but takes a genuine interest in what is best for me.
in CANON CITY, CO |
Very professional, good explanation and I certainly would recommend him and your clinic to anyone needing your services.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He's great and listens to my concerns and tries to get to the root cause of problems rather than treating symptoms.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent...Excellent...Excellent care received by Dr Meister and his staff. Now that I think about it, the staff is what made my procedure very comfortable. Dr Meister explained every step of the procedure and when I awoke from the procedure, he discussed the results in much detail.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Very professional staff, made an uncomfortable procedure quick and painless. Love the special shorts! :)
Colorado Springs, CO |
Only had 1 visit with Dr Meister..but excellent experience overall. Staff very friendly and courteous. ..procedure quick and efficient. .very knowledgeable in this field.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister diagnosed my colon cancer in 2001 and I have been his patient for 15 years. He arranged my appoints for the catscan and surgeon before I left the recovery area. Since then Dr. Meister and his staff have performed 8 colonoscopies on me. He and his staff are pleasant, professional and strive to make sure you are relaxed for your procedure. I have received my results before leaving the recovery area and my primary care physician receives results in a timely manner.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very professional in his diagnosis of my condition and treatment. He has very good communication skills and understood my concerns and how to remedy and monitor them. I and my wife were very pleased with him and his staff and how they work as a team both at his office and with the hospital staff. Sincerely, Fred Horjus
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister knows his stuff. He is very patient, caring, and listens to all of my concerns, and answers all of my questions. Dr. Meister goes above, and beyond to make sure that I receive the best medical care that there is. The staff is great! They are very friendly, happy, knowledgeable, and they treat me like a real person, not a number. Almost like family. Dr. Meister, and his staff are the best!! I wouldn't go anywhere else!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I'm feel very comfortable with Dr. Meister. He is thorough and explains things clearly.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Only criticism is notification of results formally. I waited two weeks plus as instructed but had to call several times week 3-4 for results. Procedure by dr. Meister itself was outstanding!
Colorado Springs |
Very patient minded. Cuts no corners. Found my cancer, when other doctors were unable. Every visit is professional.
San Francisco, CA |
Excellent arrival, timing, and procedure. Very pleased with Dr. Meister and his expert staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This was the first medical procedure I have ever had done. Dr. Meister and the staff were very professional. I didn't feel as though they rushed me through; they took their time explaining everything they were doing and why and patiently answered all my questions.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The staff was professional, kind, and provided answers to all my questions. Dr Meister was friendly and he visited with me both before and after the procedure.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Professional, meticulous and great bedside manner. One of the very best doctors I've ever visited. I trust him completely!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was so impressed at the care I received. It was worth the prep.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Meister always listens well and spends enough time with you for you to feel heard and cared for.
in Victor, Co |
VERY knowledgeable. I was so impressed with how he called me after hours to get more info! I have told several friends about Dr. Meister.
friendly and knowledgeable.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Even though it was my fault for being late to my last appointment, Dr. Meister took the time to go over my medical situation and answered all our questions. I am so grateful that he is on my team of medical professionals.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Meister since summer 2011. In my opinion, Dr. Meistersinger has full knowledge in the G.I. Field. And he always has the best interest in helping my medical needs , he's a great doctor . The staff is always courteous and professional .
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr.Meister is fantastic Doctor! Would highly recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas E. Meister, MD?
Are you Dr. Meister?

Dr. Meister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Meister has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Meister's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University Ky

Completed in 1996

Wash University Barnes Hospital

Completed in 1995

Dr. Meister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures