Dr. Thomas Meister, MD

Dr. Thomas Meister, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Thomas Meister, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Meister is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

Dr. Meister's Experience

See how Dr. Meister's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meister

Dr. Meister accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Meister has admitting privileges.

Dr. Meister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meister to family and friends
    Dr. Meister's Performance
    Bad doctor. Bad business. Can't say one nice thing
    The best
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Very professional staff. Excellent communications. I would recommend this team to all family members.
    Peyton, CO |
    Dr. Meister is very personable. He knew my history and my family history. He took the time to answer all my questions without seeming rushed. Overall a good experience.
    Toronto, ON |
    Very friendly and right to the point in his explanations.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Caring, thorough, serious, yet with a good sense of humor. Great doctor!!!
    in Monument, CO |
    JOB WELL DONE.HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister is an excellent ,teaching hospital quality,gastrenterologist !
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister has always provided excellent professional service and care.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I was so happy to be served by Dr. Meister's team. They are great! Everything was very professional and nicely done. Good job! Thank you!!!!
    Thank you for your kind words. We value your feedback. How could we be better to get your five star approval
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Considering this procedure is one that no one looks forward to having. Your office and all staff involved were very kind and informative. From when I picked up my kit to having the procedure to the follow up call the next day. Thank you so very much:)
    Manitou Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister and his staff are friendly and professional. The prep for the colonoscopy was not bad and much better than stories I hear from friends who have gone to other clinics.
    Experienced & dedicated physician
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The procedure and results were explained in terms I could understand. There was no discomfort during or following the procedure.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Meister was wonderful. He was professional and took the time to answer all my questions and give me the details I needed.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister and his staff were awesome! Very kind and courteous. They explained everything and answered all my questions.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister is friendly and direct with his patients.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister was extremely professional and very knowledgable. I won't lie, this was my first colonoscopy and I was a little nervous. Dr. Meister made me laugh with his sense of humor and I felt much more comfortable. They wheeled me in and gave me some medicine and I woke up back in my room like nothing ever happened. If I need any more future colonocopies, I will insist on seeing Dr. Meister, he is amazing and his staff were incredible!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister has performed at least 3 procedures for me. I would highly recommend him and GACS.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    My husband and I, both patients of Dr. Meister, feel confident that he has our best health and quality of life foremost. I was surprised and pleased to receive a letter this week telling us a liver growth that University/Memorial wanted was indeed benign, just as Dr. Meister had felt it was. Usually it's wait and worry until a follow-up appointment.
    in Colorado Springs CO |
    Dr. Meister was the best physician I ever had. He was very thorough questioning me in my first visit and always pursued each complaint that prompted me to come to confer with him. I have already recommended him to a relative.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister is kind and caring. He is very professional.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister spent time with me. He listened and he explained my symptoms. We thoroughly discussed treatment options. I found him to be very personable and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Meister to others.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I had a great experience with Dr Meister and his team. They are all respecful and caring. Dr Meister explained everything and made sure that I understood everything before/after after the procedure. He is a great listener! Me and my family thank God for this team(clinic).
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister is one of the most thorough, caring, and capable doctors I've ever had.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    DR. Meister was very personable . He explained the procedure and what he did very good to me. I felt he was professional, and caring. I also thank him for receiving the letter about my procedure. The staff was also friendly and they made me feel at ease. God Bless Dr. Meister for all he does for his patients.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Meister and his entire team are to be commended for their attention to patient care...amazing actually! I've referred two of my friends today.
    Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Meister is a great doctor. He took care of my dad and constantly looked for solutions with his illness. I will forever be grateful for his work and every procedure he did for may dad made a huge difference in his quality of life.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    First one actually listening and trying to figure out the problem.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister is very personable and spends the appropriate amount of time with the patient. I have never felt rushed.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Procedure went well--had to wait almost an hour after scheduled time due to difficult cases in front of me--every 30 min the nurse informed both me and my husband of the delays--that was very nice of her.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    He was very laid back and easy to talk to. He was also specific when we met after my procedure and explained everything so that it was easy to understand. This is not a procedure you look forward to, but Dr. Meister and the staff made it non stressful!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister took time to talk to me both before and after the procedure. I have been searching for a good gastroenterologist since finding out I have diverticulosis years ago. He is the first doctor I've had that I really feel comfortable with, and I will be staying with him for as long as his practice accepts my insurance!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    100% I would recommend Dr. Meister to anyone needing gastroenterological services. I am probably alive thanks to this gentleman's dedication to his patients and to science.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister eased my anxiety about my procedure when he sat down beside me, eye to eye, and talked to me about the procedure and answered all of our questions.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    He helped solve my problem of chronic cough that was interfering in my life and had become debilitating. He also solved other symptomatic problems that were unrelated to the cough but were gastro related.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Meister has been my GI Dr now for many many years and I wouldn't have it any other way. He works hard to find solutions for my problems and I have plenty of them. He is always on time and get very upset if he's late for his patients I have worked with Dr Meister in both the hospital setting as a nurse and as a patient. I think he is an excellant Physician and he is also taking care of my sister my brother and he even took care of my mother who is deceased now. Don't ever leave Dr Meister!!
    in Colorado City, CO |
    Great experience
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I recently had a colonoscopy. The facility was clean and comfortable. The nurses and receptionist were helpful and caring. Dr. Meister talked with me before and after the procedure. He was professional and his calm demeanor put me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Meister and his staff. They even serve complimentary coffee and snacks after your procedure!
    in Colorado Springs |
    He explains everything in detail and I never have to call the office back to find out what's going on with test results. Dr. Meister takes the time to call patients himself. That's a caring Dr.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Excellent, he identified the problem very quickly.
    in Pueblo |
    Outstanding doctor I would recommend him to family and friends. Great bed side manner. Explained everything
    in La Veta, CO |
    Dr. Meister is very compassionate and caring. He listens to our concerns and warmly answers any questions. He explains procedures is language we can understand and makes me feel comfortable to have the procedure. He is concise and easy to understand. I would recommend Dr. Meister to my family and friends.
    in Canon City, Colorado |
    Dr. Meister is a World-class professional! Havealready recommended him to my friends---one already scheduled her visit---which she has been delaying for over one year! It could be a life-saving procedure! Absolutely!
    very good
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Meister was awesome, answered all my questions and very professional ! Great Care and Great Staff !
    in colorado springs, co |
    Dr. Meister is the best. He has a technique he uses to minimize the residual gas left in the intestine so there is little/no discomfort or flatulence after the procedure. Significantly better than the first 2 colonoscopies I had done. Staff was outstanding, as was their outlook on a not so great event/thing to have to do/get done (ie. the 'bottoms up coffee shop :) '). When you have to have this done, THIS is the Doctor to go to!!!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Listened and very understanding about my problem. Definitely would recommend.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    The instructions were clear and easy to follow and the Dr. explained everything in detail and answered all my questions.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    This was my third colonoscopy with Dr. Meister and all have been handled very smoothly and professionally. I could not expect any better service then I received.
    Have you seen Dr. Thomas Meister, MD?

Dr. Meister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Meister has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Meister's Board Certifications

• Gallstones
    • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
    • Gastric Ulcer
    • Gastritis
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University Ky

Completed in 1996

Wash University Barnes Hospital

Completed in 1995

Dr. Meister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Bile Duct Procedure
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Gastroenterology Procedures