Dr. Thomas Manning, MD

Dr. Thomas Manning, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Thomas Manning, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Boise, ID. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Manning is affiliated with Treasure Valley Hospital, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, West Valley Medical Center and St. Luke's Boise Medical Center.

6140 W Curtisian Ave Ste 400

Boise, ID 83704

• Blue Cross of Idaho
  • PacificSource
  • SelectHealth
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Manning

See how frequently Dr. Manning performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Bone Disorders

Dr. Manning's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Brain Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• United States Naval Academy, Annapolis MD
  • University Of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Other Education | Completed 1988

Dr. Manning has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Manning does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Manning and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Manning's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Manning to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Manning's Performance
Boise, ID |
I give Dr Manning a 3 star due to his nurse Brianna, I have seen dr several times and she is so incompetent, gives apt date to return and when you show up there is no apr so patient gets punished and waits2 hours. Dr manning is great surgeon too bad he hired a ditzy!!!!!
in Caldwell, ID |
My mother had 45-60 days left on this planet (stage 4, non small cell lung cancer) this tom manning comes into her room at st. al's boise and told her, that with her condition (the cancer metastasis) that she absolutely required a 5 vertebra fusion, or she' be paralyzed. He called me on the phone for approval, having had back surgery previously, I couldn't believe my ears when he suggested she'd be back to "normal" in 10 days and was "selling" the procedure to me. Unbelievable, money hungry doc
in Caldwell, Idaho |
Dr Manning gave me my life back. When other doctors said either I needed to live with the pain or get a spinal stimulator, one visit with Dr Manning and he found what was causing the pain and promised to fix it. He did and I now have zero pain down my legs. I am sleeping better than I have in many years. Life is good again and I look forward to it getting better. Dr Manning fixes the problem and doesn't cover the pain and problem up like most of the rest. Great doctor!
in Boise, ID |
This surgeon gave me my life back. Take responsibility for your self. Learn about prognosis and recovery. Get multiple opinions. If you need/choose surgery seriously consider this practice. Great support staff and Dr.Manning is exceptionally talented. After surgery do your part. I am grateful for my results.
Boise, ID |
Dr Manning is the Best!! He made the surgery quick and not very painful. Everyone in the office is simply amazing and nice. Couldn't have chosen a better Doctor.
in Meridian, ID |
Before seeing Dr. Manning, my quality of life was gone due to severe back pain. My wife and I did extensive research on-line to find the perfect doctor for me. We were especially impressed with his resume/background. I have been 100% pleased with the selection of Dr. Manning to diagnose and treat my back issues. From the start, his staff has been awesome, from the receptionist, to the PAs, to the front office staff, to the hospital where the surgery took place. Unbelievable, terrific experience.
in Boise, ID |
I am extremely disappointed in Dr. Manning after all the good things that I heard. There were people in the waiting room today that had appointments at 1:00 and were still sitting there by 3:00. After comparing notes we also found that many of us had the exact same appointment times (ie. 2:00). Not very professional to schedule it this way. After spending all this time waiting I seen him for a total of 3 1/2 minuets. I spent more time with his PA than him. What a waste!
in Boise, ID |
An incredibly long wait and he was very rushed once he finally came to the room. I didn't feel like I got all of my questions answered due to this.
in Fruitland, ID |
Simply an outstanding surgeon. Fixed my back to where I can at least handle the pain and I am now much more mobile than I was. Superb surgeon, superbly knowledgeable. You might have to wait a bit in his offices. He is a busy Doctor because he is that good! I trust no one else with my spine.
in Boise, ID |
Clearly the smartest doctor in the room and excellent surgeon. I didn't need my hand held or warm cuddly doctor but needs a talented surgeon. I am now out of pain and back to my normal life, he fixed me and that was all I cared about. Take a book, you may have some waiting time.
in Boise ID |
Extremely unhelpful, contradicts himself between visits. Dr. Manning is good at one thing: making you feel like you're barely worth his time. He talks over your questions, and doesn't offer ANY answers. I've never had an experience like this with any physician before. Don't expect clear answers, expect a 45min wait in the lobby, a 15 min wait in the exam room, and a clearly overworked and stressed Dr. Manning. You're lucky if you get 5 mins with him before he walks you to the door.
in Boise, ID |
He is very succinct and helps a patient understand the practical approach to their physical condition, recovery expectations and future concerns
in nampa Id |
On Dec10 Dr. Manning did back surgery on me.He told me I needed a spinal fusion that I needed to quite smoking wich I did. Dr. Manning sold me out to the workmans comp company and didn't do the surgery he told me I needed. He told me 90 percent chance I would be better. I'm a lot worse and I told him this. I caught him recording things I didn't say. I seen another surgon who says I'm still surgical and Dr.Manning should have done the fusion. Now I'm looking at a not her surgery do to his negliga
in Meridian, ID |
The best knowledge and skill that I could find anywhere. Great recommendations. Neck surgeries were a total success. Great surgeon, great guy.
in Middleton, ID |
Two visits, visit one took and hour and 30 min. to get into a room. And another 40 to finally see the Doctor. Visit two, after an hour and 15min. in the waiting room I left. The staff had no idea when I would get in to see the doctor. Staff is on of the worst I have ever seen. If they treat you like this from the start, I have no trust in anything they do including surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Are you Dr. Manning?