Dr. Thomas Manning, MD

Dr. Thomas Manning, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Thomas Manning, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Boise, ID and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in neurosurgery.

Neuroscience Associates

6140 W Curtisian Ave Ste 400

Boise, ID 83704

• Blue Cross of Idaho
  • PacificSource
  • SelectHealth
  • Worker's Compensation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Check Dr. Manning's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Manning's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spondylosis

Dr. Manning treats Spondylosis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Manning treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Spondylolisthesis

Dr. Manning treats Spondylolisthesis more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Manning treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cervical Spondylolisthesis

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

5.194805194805195%

Dr. Manning?
Dr. Manning's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Manning, MD
He ran 2+hrs behind. No thanks. My time is important too. I assisted in a surgery that day and I made it on time. I left pissed w/out being seen. After $1900 worth of mri’s and he calls me after I left the office pissed sounding dumb like he didn’t know what he was talking about. had no plan for me to feel better. Told me surgery would leave me to have to relearn how to walk. And to repeat mri in 3 months. No treatment for my symptoms. I’d never recommend him!! And will not be seeing him again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Only complaint is the wait time. Quite a harsh policy for missed or arriving late for appointments. However, no regard for making patients wait 1-2 hours past the scheduled appointment time. My time is just as valuable as the physicians.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I have had multiple procedures performed by Dr. Manning. Each one has turned out perfect. He and his staff are professional and caring. They are the best in the valley! Ernest Johnson
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
While other surgeons would not listen Dr Manning did. He determined the need for immediate care and outlined the steps necessary to prepare for the necessary surgery. He and his staff have followed up on my recovery for the last 3 years. Through following his recommendations to change my life style I have recovered better than excepted by all. I have recommended him to friends who have been equally pleased with their experiences with him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Dr. Manning did spine surgery on me and my recovery has been great. I have had little pain since my surgery and continue to get better each day. I highly recommend him and his staff is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Had an appointment at 1:30 and left at 3. Still had two patients in front of me. Don’t know if they had an emergency, but I’ll go somewhere else. Would have been nice to know that they were running about two hours or more behind schedule. My time is valuable just like there’s.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Dr Manning has been unwavering in his efforts to help me. I broke my back in a snowmobile accident in feb 2016 . Dr manning proved to be the man for the job. His team is amazing. They worked hard and diligently, to show they cared and were prepared for the job. I have recommended this team many times, and will continue to do so. Excellence above all else is the standard here. God bless Dr Manning and his team. With Love and great appreciation, from me and my family .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Wasn't willing to treat my husband due to the complexity of his condition. Dr. Manning referred us to another Neurosurgeon, who we had issues getting an appointment with. In the mean time my husbands condition was getting worse. Dr. Manning refused to schedule any additional appointments for my husband. His office staff is terrible to deal with. The can't be bothered to answer the phone and RARELY return your phone calls! Don't waste your time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I was fortunate to have Dr. Manning as my surgeon for emergency surgery following a car accident. I feel as though I had the absolute BEST surgeon I could have had to repair my back, which was broken in three places; a compression fracture of L4, and a fusion of T12 L1 and L2. Four months post surgery I am doing well. Dr. Manning and his staff have been outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I was so fortunate to have found Dr Manning. Never have I had a doctor fight the insurance company so hard on my behalf so I could receive the care I desperately needed from my work injury. He and his staff answered all my questions prior to surgery so there would be no surprises after surgery. Dr Manning and his entire staff were always at my 'beck n call' and I felt they always had my health and well-being at the forefront of their minds. I wholeheartedly recommend his services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I had L4-L5 spondylolisthesis. Dr Manning performed spinal fusion surgery. The surgery was completely successful, and after recovery I am free of pain and numbness. I can't recommend Dr. Manning and his caring staff enough. They explained the problem and the treatment thoroughly, supported me throughout my recovery, and met with me six months later for a final checkup.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I saw Dr. Manning for a herniated disc. I was in constant and severe pain. Dr. Manning looked at my MRI and told me he can see exactly what is causing my pain. Dr. Manning said, with confidence, that he can fix it. A few weeks post-op and all of my back pain was gone. He gave me back a life. Dr. Manning is a magician in the operating room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I’m an RN and sustained an injury to my back at work. I was constantly in pain from this injury. I’m so grateful to Dr Manning for his amazing surgical skills! 4 weeks postop and I have absolutely NO pain!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I would never recommend Dr. Manning. I am a nurse and broke my back. I saw him once for 2.4 minutes seriously and then he sent me for $2,000 worth of test and when I saw him for the last time he told me to quit smoking he didn't tell me what was wrong with my back he didn't tell me what kind of activity I could tolerate he didn't seem to care I still have no idea what is wrong with my back and if the fracture will heal. He didnt care about my pain or about explaining things to me. Please go else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
He did a fusion on my neck and closed me up in the surgery room and after I got back into my hospital room, I complained about a tightness throughout my neck and was having issues with breathing. Finally the staff did an X-ray and I had a hematoma. Manning cut an artery during surgery and missed it when closing me up. I ended up on life support in ICU and almost died, because of him. Now 2 years later I have pain issues with my fusion and he refuses to help me. Warning..Don't Go To Him!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Manning to anyone who has severe back pain and requires spinal surgery. I had spinal fusion of L3-L5 with rods and screws, plus bone graft. I went into surgery with back and leg pain, when I woke up from surgery the only pain I had was from the surgery and it wasn't near the severity of the pain I had prior to surgery. Prior to surgery Dr. Manning explained the surgery procedure and what I could expect after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Excellent post-surgical results for a back condition I've been living with for 9-years. Dr. Manning has a very professional and knowledgeable team that are honest and always help immediately. Dr. Manning's surgical treatment was complicated, but perfect and has given me a new life without pain. I work in the healthcare field as an RN and I've never seen or experienced such good care team as what I have received from Dr. Manning and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I had an amazing experience as Dr. Manning's patient. From the initial visit, to surgery, to my last post op, I can honestly say it was an incredibly delightful experience. I was in a ton of pain before I saw Dr. Manning and they were able to schedule my initial visit just days after I called. My surgery was schedule less than a week after that. He was incredibly professional and did a fantastic job. I feel amazing now! Thanks Dr. Manning!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
I am grateful to Dr. Manning and his staff. In August of 2017, Dr. Manning performed a spinal fusion surgery on me at L4-L5. My surgery was successful and I experienced relief from intense pain. Dr Manning and his staff instructed me on my recovery, and I followed their protocol. Dr. Manning’s office staff are professional and very helpful. I highly recommend a visit to Dr. Manning if you are experiencing spinal problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Manning, MD?
Dr. Tomas Manning was a terrific surgeon. Smart, well educated, knowledgeable, kind and to the point. I had a slipped disc, bone spur on a nerve deteriorated discs in L4 and 5. I had surgery on Nov. 1 2017 and today Feb 2 2018. I am doing core strength physical therapy and feeling great. I was lucky. Great Dr. Great assistants, Great Hospital and quick recovery! I hope within the year I will be able to be more fit then ever before, feeling good and happy!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Manning?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross of Idaho
PacificSource
SelectHealth
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Manning treats patients.

Compare Providers