Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 53

Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Naples, FL and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Magardino has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures, Sleep Apnea, and "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures" than other specialists in his area. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine medical school in 1994. He is affiliated with NCH Baker Hospital Downtown. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Magardino to book an appointment.

Collier Otolaryngology-head and Neck Surgery PA

1879 Veterans Park Dr Ste 1201 Naples, FL 34109
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Magardino

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Magardino treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Magardino treats other conditions, please contact the office at (239) 592-9666.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Magardino is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

Deafness
Conductive Hearing Loss
Vertigo
Outer Ear Infection

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Magardino is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Sleep Apnea
Frequency

"Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures"

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.Compare with other "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures" specialists.

Dr. Magardino is experienced in the area of "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures". See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
Deviated Septum
Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
Vocal Cord Polyp

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Dr. Magardino is experienced in the area of Upper Respiratory Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossectomy
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Oral Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rhinoseptoplasty
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Salivary Gland Cyst
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Magardino accepts

Dr. Magardino accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

4.1

1.2820512820512822%
20.512820512820515%

Dr. Magardino?
  • Office environment (61)
  • Appointment scheduling (59)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (59)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (14)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (13)
  • Appointment was rushed (12)
I have been seeing Dr. Thomas M Magadino for over 25 years since first moving to Naples. First with my two boys then my myself and spouse for various ear ailments. He is very patient-oriented, highly knowledgeable and with our various and sundry ear problems he has always been spot on in diagnosis and treatment. I do and have always highly recommended him and the friendly office staff.
Elise Giarimoustas – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
A fine doctor. Takes his time. Professional and courteous.
Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
I forgot to say. I sent a fax to the Dr after the visit. The staff confirmed they got the text and they would put it on his desk. It's been 3 days and no response. Lawyers won't let him respond. Sad!
  • Appointment was rushed
Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
I went to Dr. Magardino and in quick order, he cured my sinusitis. I also got my sense of smell back. 5 days of Prednisone and then Singulair. Best ENT we've gone to. My husband had post nasal drip which caused lots of coughing. That was cured too with a nasal spray.
Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Very helpful team! Doctor Magardino listens carefully and thoughtfully provides answers. I had multiple procedures to open my sinuses during surgery. I had very little pain in recovery and I enjoy being able to breathe without frequent headaches and middle ear infections
Don Baker – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
For years I have had serious sinus infections. Finally there is a solution. Sinus Balloon procedure. I can finally breathe right again! The procedure is done with local numbing in the office. No pain or issues with healing. I played golf 7 days after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Magardino for what ever you needed. Great Doctor!
Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr. Magardino treated my brother. Said he had a piece of metal stuck in his throat as my brother was extremely hoarse. However, my brother had esophageal cancer that was caught after it had spread to his liver and lungs because this doctor didn't bother to do further testing. This doctor thought that a small piece of metal that he saw back in March could cause my brother to not be able to talk...If only this doctor had done further testing back in March my brother might still be alive. In my opinion this poor excuse for a doctor shouldn't be able to practice. Do not go to him - he is dangerously incompetent.
Aug 04, 2020
First, I would like to express my sincerest...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
I had a procedure done in his office, 12/26/2019. During & prior to the procedure He explained everything that was going to happen, what he was going to do & what i would experience. He was very comprehensive & through. I would recommend him very highly & without any reservations.
Mike – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr. Magardino is a very nice guy, but terrible doctor. 3 members in my family have all gone to see him in fixing sinus issues and deviated septums. The procedure was not supposed to change the shape in the nose and in all 3 of us, our noses look completely different (and more unflattering) than before. He himself sounds like he has sinus issues, so that should be the first indication in his abilities as an ENT. We are very disappointed with our experience and have scheduled appointments with other ENTs to fix the mess he created.
May 29, 2019
This is crazy. An anonymous comment that states...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Five and 1/2 years ago I developed a severe cough that has been affecting my quality of life. I went to every Specialist and had all the tests, MRI's, Cat Scans and no one could find the cause of the cough. I was referred to Dr. Magardino. I can honestly say he was the first Doctor who really listened to me and asked all the right questions as to cause. He explained to me in everyday language I could understand what he felt could be the cause of the problem. He wrote me 4 prescriptions to fill and explained what each will do. The combination worked. The 2nd day after treatment started the coughing stopped. 5 1/2 years of uncontrolled coughing and all the money that was spent over the years, took him an hour to figure out what was wrong and how to treat it. I highly recommend Dr. Magardino as someone who will listen and work hard to relieve the suffering. He is number 1 on my list.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Ballon Dialation Sinus Surgery went very well I can breathe better than I have in 25 years. I am feeling so strong like a different person. No headaches and my cough is all but gone. No pain and hopefully no more meds I highly recommend this procedure to anyone that has suffered with sinus infections , drainage and coughing symptoms I feel like a new person,.....
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr was friendly & knowledgeable. Suggested a small in office procedure that he only performs during lunch hour, he said it's a "quick procedure that you don't need to take time off work for" After having insurance verified, scheduled an appt for few weeks later. Showed up for appt & doctor was running over an hour behind. Couldn't wait, so I rescheduled. The staff said call day of to check if running late again. Called to be told he's behind & to resched. to then told Dr. refuses treat you.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr magardino was professional yet friendly. He informed me of a procedure,balloon sinuplasty. Choosing to have him perform this ( at his facility) was the best decision I made. Having suffered sinus infections, pressure headaches for years I assumed I would have to live with them as nothing had helped. Since my procedure in April of 2017 I have had NO sinus problems. I would just have to live with th
Candice's – Jan 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
This is a very irresponsible and deceitful business. After MULTIPLES times checking with staffs about how much it would cost to see doctor & for my exam. No staff mentioned a word about my deductible but told me "Your copay". This is totally MISLEADING!! Can't office provide medical code to patient for research, especially patient had asked so many times??!! Dr Magardino was very rude when I made complaint about this matter. As a patient, I think I entitle to know anything about my exam!!
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Wing Tang in Naples – Jul 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
This practice would rate 5 stars if the schedulers didn't overbook appointments. Average wait time to be seen after appointment time is 45+ minutes.
  • Long wait times
Grandmomster – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Experienced one nostril or the other completely stuffed up at night and had trouble sleeping. Dr. Magardino performed an in office thermoablation of both nasal turbinates. Minimal discomfort during and after the procedure. My nostrils are now clear at night and I can sleep comfortably. I am very pleased with the results and with Dr. Magardino. The only problem I experienced was a bacterial infection in my right nostril that quickly went away when Dr. Magardino prescribed a Z pack.
Naples – May 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
My name is Robert, from Canada. My spouse and I spend 4 months in Naples during the winter. I encourage all Canadians and Americans in particular to consult Dr. Magardino as he is extremly professional and caring. I had an ear infection that was hard to detect and the way he treated the situation, puts him over and above what anyone would have expected. This doctor deserves 5 stars.
Robert in Canada – Feb 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Had a relatively new procedure to open a passageway between my sinuses. Called Balloon Sinus Dilation. Experience was exactly as the doctor had suggested. No anesthesia, no pain (a bit uncomfortable), and a complete recovery within a couple of days. Having had old fashioned sinus surgery years ago, this procedure was easy and Dr. Magardino was first rate.
tom w in Naples, FL – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr. Magardino was so great. I had a septoplasty to fix my deviated septum. I am three weeks post op and feeling great. Dr. Magardino takes his time with you in the office going over everything and is very personable. You can tell he truly cares about you, the outcome, and improving your quality of life. He is down to earth and easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend him to anyone exploring the option of getting your deviated septum fixed. He also provides non-operative options.
Naples – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?
Dr. Magardino is a skilled surgeon with a patient, caring bedside manner. His office is beautiful, and the staff are polite, punctual, and efficient.
Peter Vale in Naples, FL – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Magardino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Magardino?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat