Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

• Cartilage Tear
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injuries
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lynch

Dr. Lynch?
Dr. Lynch's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD
Excellent doctor. I went to Dr. Lynch for a second opinion after seeing another top NYC surgeon who had diagnosed me with a torn meniscus and told me that I needed surgery. Dr. Lynch informed me that I had torn cartilage and recommended that I try PT (and other alternatives) before I had surgery. After 6 weeks of PT my knee has vastly improved and it looks like I've avoided surgery. He's an excellent doctor who is not in a rush to perform surgery and will consider other courses of action. I enthusiastically recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch and his team are AMAZING! I had hip arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum. The surgery itself went amazingly well, and I had very minimal pain afterwards. Dr. Lynch is thorough and attentive. He answered all my questions and was always accessible. His PA, Karen, is also wonderful! The whole team takes the time to get to know you and stay in touch with you throughout your rehab process. The rehab protocol is incredibly detailed and really works. I'm almost back to 100% mobility four months after the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Lynch and his team to anyone who needs any type of orthopedic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch has been very attentive to all of the details associated with replacing my ACL a little over 6 months ago. His team has been available to answer my questions and also provided detailed written materials to help understand the process. I was very happy with their recommendations to ensure a smooth post-operative recovery, and to understand the procedure leading up to it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch and his team were great in helping me through a knee surgery to remove a part of cartilage that was dislodged in my knee. Dr. Lynch made me feel supported and comfortable during our visits and the day of surgery. In addition his team was there before and after my surgery to answer my many questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch and his staff are absolutely amazing. As a parent, you want the very best care for your child. Dr. Lynch and his staff not only provided the finest medical care but their calm and efficient demeanor walked us through every step and got my son back to doing what he loves most, playing hockey. We thought he would have to sit out his senior year. Dr. Lynch's amazing skill and cutting edge techniques helped my son return to play 3/4 of his senior season.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch was beyond excellent. Top grades. He took the time to explain my injury and my options. After surgery I am doing great, my knee has not felt this good since a couple of years before I injured it. The staff was great, I never had to wait too long, and the experience could not have gone smoother. Thank You!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
We were referred to Dr. Lynch from a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. We were told Dr. Lynch specialized in the condition our 13 year old daughter had. At first we were a little nervous because the pediatric orthopedist didn’t do the surgery our daughter needed. The day we met Dr. Lynch, our minds were put at ease. He is a phenomenal surgeon and spent so much time explaining everything step by step. His staff is always available by email or phone for questions. Dr. Lynch is the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
As a former Division 1 athlete, I was particular in choosing an orthopedic surgeon experienced in dealing with high level athletes. My experience with Dr. Lynch and his staff was exceptional. They were available, knowledgeable and sensitive to my desire to return to high level activity while working a demanding full time job. For my ACL reconstruction, every step of my journey was monitored and treated accordingly. 2 years post-op, the intensity of my activity remains high.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch & his team provided excellent care for me immediately after my ACL injury and after my surgical intervention. Throughout the process they encouraged me to continue Physical Therapy despite my frustrations so that I would have the best outcome after surgery. They were RIGHT! Dr. Lynch and his team were also very knowledge about ACL injuries and were excellent at explaining my stages of recovery. This team was also readily available to answer all of my questions in a prompt timeframe.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch conducted surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus. The whole process end to end was seamless and painless (literally). The whole team (including John and the nurses) were super helpful, answered all of my questions and kept in touch regularly before and after surgery to see how I was doing. As for the surgery itself, I had no pain after - I did not need to take any meds and now 6 weeks later I am not only back to normal but so much better than before. I couldn't recommend Dr. Lynch more
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
I can not thank Dr. Lynch enough for his excellent care and compassion. After years of being misdiagnosed, my son, a high school baseball player was referred to Dr. Lynch. He immediately diagnosed the issue--double hip impingement. The surgery was performed January 31st. Dr. Lynch and his assistant John Cosgrove helped my son through the physical and mental challenges of recovery. My son returned to baseball in June and is doing great. In August he committed to play D1 college baseball.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch is the reason that I was able to return to intense training after being sidelined by nagging hip pain. Four months after undergoing hip arthroscopy with Dr. Lynch, I was back to training for a Half Ironman. I credit my fast recovery to Dr. Lynch's technique and his help getting me set up with a wonderful physical therapist (Timothy Roy). Dr. Lynch never pushes surgery and takes the time to understand your unique goals in order to make the best choice for you. I reccomend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Lynch and his staff. He listens attentively to your questions and concerns and then is able to put you at ease. His staff is super friendly and helpful. The surgery itself was very successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
I am a former athlete who suffered from hip pain for years. At one point, could not go up and down stairs without using the banister. After having Dr. Lynch operate on both hips, I have now returned to full activity and all my former sports. I no longer have hip pain and can m ove freely. He repaired laberal tears on both sides.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch performed my meniscus repair surgery about 3 weeks ago, I was able to get around the very next day, and back at work in 3 days...my experience from the very beginning has been EXCELLENT! I have already recommended him to a friend, and would gladly recommend him, and his wonderful team (both at the office and at NY Presbyterian hospital), to anyone in need of an exceptionally talented Orthopedic Surgeon and equally important, although often overlooked, he is a genuinely nice guy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
State of the arts sports medicine at its finest! Dr. Lynch's philosophy of comprehensive and compassionate individualized patient care is refreshingly interactive, modern, and empowering. A highly skilled surgeon, he expertly repaired my hamstring tendon restoring its function and my running performance. Additionally, his practice is complemented by an equally stellar like minded team who understand and support the athlete's journey. State of the art with heart and all importantly, results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Hi , my name is douglas machado I have ACL replacement by doctor T.Sean Lynch in 01/23/2017 I’m very happy whit my surgery im able to training again I’m MMA fighting, I have no pain on my knee and I’m feel very strong when I training I like to thanks everybody that’s work whit dr T. Sean Lynch for the help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
After being sidelined by a cartilage injury in my knee, Dr. Lynch came to the rescue. He performed osteochondral autograft surgery at the end of March, and just yesterday (10 months later) cleared me to run again, including entering this years marathon. His assistant John provided a direct line to Dr. Lynch during my recovery was always available to answer questions via phone or email. I couldn't be more pleased with my results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch is an incredible surgeon, but I'm so impressed with the amount of time he spends answering my (endless) questions during every visit. My labral repair & impingement surgery was in July & the recovery was pain-free and went really well. Through PT it became clear pretty quickly that I had a tear in my other hip. He operated in Jan. and I'm having another great recovery. He is the best and I know I'll get back to running in the coming months thanks to him! I can't recommend him enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Dr. Lynch was excellent. He clearly explained what my problem was (FAI and torn labrum) and showed me on all the imaging that was done. The surgery was scheduled quickly, and I was referred to a great PT near my house for recovery. Follow-up appointments were quick, but helpful and answered any questions I had. Healing went faster than expected, and I was back to running within a few months. I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his team.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lynch?

Insurance accepted

MagnaCare
Medicaid
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP
Oxford Health Plans
POMCO Group
POMCO Group PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lynch treats patients.

Compare Providers