Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

As a former competitive athlete, nothing gives me greater satisfaction than helping players recovery from orthopedic injuries quickly so they can get back in the game. I specialize in treating injuries to the ACL, knee articular cartilage, and the meniscus. I also use advanced arthroscopic techniques to address labral injuries of the hip, an ever-increasing problem.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

• Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Lynch

Video

See how frequently Dr. Lynch performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Chronic Neck Pain
Fracture

Dr. Lynch's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lynch "We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person. "

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Broken Arm
  • Cartilage Disorders
  • Cartilage Tear
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Meniscal Allograft Transplant
  • Meniscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Georgetown University
  • Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • The Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Lynch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lynch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lynch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Lynch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lynch to family and friends
Dr. Lynch's Performance
Dr. Lynch was excellent. He clearly explained what my problem was (FAI and torn labrum) and showed me on all the imaging that was done. The surgery was scheduled quickly, and I was referred to a great PT near my house for recovery. Follow-up appointments were quick, but helpful and answered any questions I had. Healing went faster than expected, and I was back to running within a few months. I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his team.
in West New York, NJ |
Dr. Lynch did an amazing job with my right hip. His staff is excellent and provided me with great care before and after surgery. I always felt like I was getting specialized and individual care and would highly recommend Dr. Lynch. He has offices in both NJ and NY and that makes it very convenient in scheduling appointments.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch really helped me out with my case for 11 months straight. I went and got second and third opinions from doctors at HHS, and choose to continue with Dr. Lynch. The office is fantastic. They have everything in house. You can go and get your x-rays taken in the same office minutes before your appointment, also you could see and ankle specialist and a knee special if needed.
I went to Dr. Lynch after visiting several other orthopedic specialists for a very severe case of osteoarthritis for my age, at 30 years old. It involved a complicated procedure, a High Tibial Osteotomy, which very few surgeons in my travels would even consider performing. We met several times, along with his amazing physician extender, John, who provided answers to my multitude of questions, which made my not only comfortable with completing the procedure, but also ready to work with Dr. Lync
in nutley nj |
Dr. Lynch is a fantastic surgeon/physician. He repaired my torn hamstring and provided me with excellent care throughout the process. I highly recommend Dr. .Lynch, his physician extender John, and his staff at Columbia. They have made this difficult experience much easier to cope with. As a competitive baseball player, I have complete trust in Dr. Lynch's knowledge/skills and plan for recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch and am very thankful for all he has done for me.
in New York, NY |
Had both hips treated for FAI (femoroacetabular impingement). Recovery was much faster than expected and hip joints on both sides were better than pre-surgery within a month!
New York, NY |
I suffered from a torn labrum in my hip from playing AAA girls hockey. As a young female athelete, I sometimes do not get treated as an equal to male athletes. Dr Lynch treated me with the respect all athletes and female patients deserve. Dr Lynch and his staff are very helpful navigating through the weeks of physical therapy and responsive to your needs and concerns. He repaired my hip and I'm am back playing high level hockey and pursuing my college dreams. Dr Lynch is an amazing doctor
in New York, NY |
Fantastic doctor and surgeon with a great team including his wonderful coordinator/extender John Cosgrove. Dr Lynch was a great match for our 15 year old competitive athlete daughter and not only orchestrated a complete ACL reconstruction without a single hitch, but guided us through the long and sometimes grueling healing, rehab and back-to-sport process with care, consistency, clarity and steady encouragement. The entire experience with Dr. Lynch and the Columbia Orthopedics team was amazing.
in Merrick, NY |
Dr. Lynch saw me through 2 knee surgeries from unrelated accidents that occurred less than 2 months apart. Both surgeries were very successful and I credit a large part of my subsequent recovery to Dr. Lynch. I really cannot recommend Dr. Lynch enough.
in Bronx, NY |
I sought out Dr. Lynch after I suffered a labrum tear playing company softball in 2015 causing me difficulty in maintaining continued physical activity. I knew from the moment I stepped into his office I was dealing with an industry professional. Dr. Lynch explained my options and wanted surgery to be my last resort. After various tests, Dr. Lynch identified my issue and I can say after three months of therapy, I feel no pain. The team at Columbia Doctors is top notch and I am thankful for them.
in Hoboken, NJ |
I had an incredible experience with Dr. Lynch and could not be happier with the entire process. During our appointments he was always very friendly and knowledgeable, would spend as much time as needed to explain details of the surgery/recovery, and answer any questions I had. I always felt very comfortable and trusted him. I am almost 10 months post-ACL surgery and doing great. His Physician Extender, John Cosgrove, was amazing and always a huge help. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his staff.
in New York, NY |
I had a hip scope done with Dr. Lynch in January and Dr. Lynch was absolutely amazing! He made having my first surgery such a breeze! I was free of pain two days after surgery and I'm back to running and working out where prior to surgery I was unable to walk up stairs. I am so appreciative to Dr. Lynch and his team. I would highly recommend him to any one else in my situation and I will be having my other hip done with him in the coming year.
in New York, NY |
I received, and continue to receive, excellent care from both Dr. Lynch and his extender, John Cosgrove. Both were patient, thorough, and demonstrated a genuine concern for my health and care. John was extremely responsive, both via phone and email, to questions that I had between appointments.
New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch is very professional and experienced with treating ACL injury. For my first visit, he provided appropriate counseling and put me in a good physical therapy program which gave me the ability to mobile again after a knee injury (from skiing). On my second visit, Dr. Lynch and John (his associate) went extra miles to get me a good MRI scan in the same day, which results in a more accurate assessment of my knee condition. I gave him my highest recommendation.
New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch is a fantastic doctor. I was nervous before my surgery but he explained exactly what was going to happen and everything went smoothly. Dr. Lynch is personable. He will sit and answer your questions, give you encouragement to keep going to rehab, and is genuinely interested in your recovery.
in New York, NY |
Excellent treatment and service in every way. Surgery was smooth and successful, recovery was solid, communication perfect.
New York, NY |
I can't say enough about my time spent with Dr. Lynch, his Physician Extender, John, and the entire office staff. After tearing my ACL, Dr. Lynch was extremely helpful; answering all my questions and thoroughly explaining what the recovery process would look like. My surgery was practically painless and the scar is hardly visible. The team was so compassionate, patient, and reassuring during some of the more difficult times of rehab. I'm sad to leave their care, but can't recommend them enough!
New York, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr Lynch. As a competitive endurance athlete, I had exhausted any and all non-operative avenues until I finally found Dr Lynch. Despite no tearing showing up on an MRI, Dr Lynch was confident that I had a torn hamstring and surgical repair was necessary and was excellent in helping me understand and trust his opinion despite being unable to see this for myself. Surgery was very successful and recovery has been great. And the scar looks incredible/hardly visible..
New York, NY |
I had a great experience with Dr. Lynch and John Cosgrove, his Physician Extender. They were professional, yet personable, and guided me through my surgery and post-surgery needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his team.
New York, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch. He takes the time to discuss the issues with you and always answered any questions I had. He was very upfront and realistic with me throughout the whole process in terms of my specific recovery and progress.
New York, NY |
Helpful, friendly, and to the point. Always answered the questions I had and well informed on the issue.
in New Jersey |
Dr Lynch operated on my right knee after complications with a bi-lateral quadriceps tendon tear (operated on by another physician) - at the time I met Dr Lynch I was unable to bend my knee beyond 90 degrees; since he performed arthroscopic surgery in December'16 I am not back to full range in motion. Not only did he perform thesurgery; he has also been following up on my progress together with his staff (who is excellent too)
New York, NY |
Very friendly and professional. I had a near painless surgery recovery and my quality of life has improved vastly.
in Springfield, VT |
Back at full speed competing after Dr. Lynch re-attached my hamstring.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch is one of the best doctors that i have ever met. He put me so much at ease and took away my fear of having surgery. His team is the best. I am kind of sad that i no longer have to see him, but if something was to happen to me again, i wouldnt hesitate to make an appointment. My knee is feeling great. His Assistant John is the absolute best. I thank the both of them so much.
in locust valley ny |
I have previously has multiple surgeries at HSS and decided to try Dr Lynch and Columbia for a knee scope. I hold Dr Lynch and his entire staff(john is awesome) in the highest regard and would recommend him to everyone. I also found the surgery experience at Columbia to be amazing. They were on time, courteous and quick!.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch, John Cosgrove & his staff have been great! From scheduling to bedside manners to explaining everything that is going on with my knees and the procedures they are going to perform. I will definitely recommend them in the future. Thank you again!
Staten Island, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Lynch by another physician. Dr. Lynch and his team made me feel extremely comfortable about my acl surgery. He and his team have extremely great bedside manners and always checked in on me after my procedure. In addition, he explained thoroughly of the procedure and answered almost all of questions even after I left the doctors office. He is truly one of the best!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch is an incredible orthopedic/sports doctor and surgeon and anyone considering him should know that they will be in the right hands. He is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered! He is the only ortho doctor out of four who was able to completely resolve my hip issues. I had a fractured hip that got misdiagnosed and no doctor was able to completely resolve my hip issue except Dr. Lynch. I was told, no more running. But under Dr. Lynch's care and guidance, I'm running again!
in Yonkers ny |
I was very pleased with the results of my knee surgery and with dr lynch and his staff
Glen Rock, NJ |
Dr. Lynch and his team did an excellent job of arthroscopic hip surgery to resolve my F.A.I. symptoms. Having a failing socket repaired so seamlessly, was a crucial step toward resolving my chronic pain. I am forever grateful.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lynch asks good questions, listens well, and is very clear. Judging from the results 12 weeks after my knee scope, he's a fine surgeon, too.
in Baltimore, MD |
I saw Dr. Lynch in 2015. He listened attentively to my concerns and offered a surgical solution for FAI/labral tear. I was finally hopeful that my hip would heal. His confidence and compassion made me confident that I would soon be pain-free. I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch. In addition to his kindness, he is a gifted and capable surgeon. Almost a year later, I know that my hip will not limit my future. For that, I am forever grateful. Many thanks to Dr. Lynch, his PA John, and the office!
in Emerson, NJ |
Dr. Lynch provided exceptional care for our daughter, who is a competitive equestrian. Her hip surgery for FAI and a labral tear was a complete success. She had immediate pain relief after 3 years of intense and constant pain. Dr. Lynch was attentive and responsive to her medical needs, as well as patient and compassionate with her. We would highly recommend Dr. Lynch as a physician and surgeon to any family member or friend.
in NYC |
No complaints. Very reassuring Doctor who has my respect and confidence. I'm not quite back to full sport playing yet, but well on my way.
in Tarrytown, NY |
Dr. Lynch performed my left ACL repair. He has been very helpful in helping me understand the extent of the injury, and guiding my through the rehab process. His office has been very responsive when I've reached out with questions. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Lynch was excellent. Attentive, answered all of my questions, really cares about his patients. His assistant, John, was also very helpful. Dr. Lynch went over my MRI with me in detail and explained to me what to do forward-looking. I highly recommend him. Steve Kallas
New York, NY |
I have been extremely pleased with Dr Lynch's service, the surgery he performed and my recovery since. Patient, caring and openly communicative about all options of treatment and realistic expectations of recovery, Dr Lynch has helped me to return to a level of confidence in my body I wasn't sure I would attain after my injury.
such a great surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
Are you Dr. Lynch?

Hospitals where Dr. Lynch has admitting privileges

NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital
55 Palmer Ave
Bronxville, NY 10708

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Lynch at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist