Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 38

Telehealth services available

Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine medical school in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and New York-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lynch to book an appointment.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Lynch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lynch

Dr. Lynch?
      I was referred to Dr. Lynch for lingering hip issues no other doctor could put their finger on. As a new patient, he spent a lot of time with me to go over my history, review and explain my MRI and xrays, and give me a few physical examinations. I am very pleased with his service and the professionalism of his staff and office.
      Jennifer R, Englewood, NJ – Sep 09, 2020
      Amazing care
      Roman Halfin – Aug 29, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I saw Dr. Lynch for several hip problems (including FAI and labral tears). Dr. Lynch and his team were very patient, answered all of my questions, and helped me weigh all of my options. I had two surgeries (one for each hip) and went from being unable to walk more than a couple of blocks and being in constant excruciating pain to feeling much better (and still continually getting better). Dr. Lynch's team was very available throughout the entire process. I've seen a lot of doctors and have never had an experience as good as with Dr. Lynch and his team. Everyone was very friendly, explained conditions and outcomes well, and always ended every session asking me what questions I have. I cannot recommend Dr. Lynch enough.
      Rachel – Aug 13, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I had ACL surgery with Dr. Lynch in May 2020. He did an excellent job and has since then followed my recovery closely. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch and his team to anyone needing ACL reconstruction.
      Nahel Rifai – Aug 12, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr. Lynch is seriously one of the best surgeons in this world. He did an amazing job on my hip surgery which needed a lot of work done. I was walking just a month later and everything has gone amazingly. My life has greatly improved since his surgery and I am so thankful to have worked with him.
      Magnus – Jul 31, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I have been a patient of Dr. Lynch since Nov 2019. It was the best decision i have ever made in choosing him and his staff in doing my surgery and post op appointments in his office. Its always great to be patent of someone who cares not just about his job but creates an environment where the patient is comfortable and well taken care of.
      Najiy Davis – Jul 16, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I saw Dr. Lynch and his team for a hip arthroscopy. I had a great result, and his team took great care of me. I would highly recommend them if you want a team that listens to you and values what you think.
      Daniel – Jul 16, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr. Lynch is a true professional. I had Hip Arthroscopy surgery after being in hip pain for over a decade due to a Military overuse. Before this surgery, I have never any prior surgeries and I am not a fan of surgeries/drugs. However, I decided to ahead with the surgery after physical therapy nor time would not alleviate the pain. After being referred by my primary care Doctor to Dr. Lynch, I made an appointment. After meeting him and speaking to him one-on-one, followed by CAT/MRI Scans, we decided surgery was the best option, as my injury would not get better overtime. After surgery, I was on crutches for 2 weeks and I did Physical Therapy for 3 months. I can tell you now, that six months later, I am back biking and almost up to 10k runs again. I highly recommend Dr. Lynch for his professionalism, down to earth personality and his willingness to answer any of your questions as well as being one of the top Hip Surgeons in NYC. Thank you Dr. Lynch for making me pain free again.
      Michael A Molnar – Jul 13, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      My hip has been hurting for about 5 years, especially with deep squats, bringing my knee to chest, and any kind of internal rotation. After trying PT, activity modification, and 3 different cortisone shots over the span of 5 years, it got to the point where my hip would lock and catch if I sat for too long. I saw Dr. Lynch, who recommend surgery to shave down 2 bones that were causing impingement, which was the source of this pain, and repair my labrum, which had been damaged. I am now 6 months post-op and MY HIP FEELS AMAZING. The pain I have had for 5 years IS GONE. I can do all the activities I want (softball, kickboxing, squatting) with no difficulty at all now! In addition to Dr. Lynch clearly being a talented surgeon, he has great bedside manner, and truly understands my activity level and desire to continue to be physically active. His team are all very helpful and dedicated to patient care. His Clinical Athletic Trainer, John, was very responsive to my questions as well
      Danielle N – Jul 03, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr Lynch performed surgery (FAI) on my 17 year old son Drew.The outcome was excellent and Dr Lynch and his entire staff are beyond top class.Our experience was so wonderful and every step of the way his team reached out to us.The best...!! Pete Dawson
      Pete Dawson – May 25, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr Lynch operated on my 17 year old son. It isn’t everyday a 17 year old needs hip surgery. I was actually against the surgery, but it was the only way my son could continue his running career. Dr Lynch and his support team made the process basically effortless on my part. I was confident my child was in good hands. Every phone call and/or email was answered almost immediately. The recovery proceeded exactly as Dr Lynch predicted. I have no hesitation recommending Dr Lynch.
      May 18, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr. Lynch and his entire office has been a pleasure for me as a patient who recently had his hip scoped. After years of struggling to figure out what was wrong with that area of my body - he accurately diagnosed the problem and he and his team have helped me get back to the active lifestyle I enjoy. Always accessible and knowledgeable - the Lynch team has been a great find and I highly recommend them!
      Gordon J Lessersohn – May 08, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Our experience with Dr. Lynch and is his entire staff could not have been better. From our first appointment he put us and our daughter at ease, and we felt like we were in good hands. He worked with our daughter to truly understand her pain, and encouraged us to try methods of healing before undergoing surgery. Once we knew we needed to go the surgical route, the office made the process as easy as possible, and surgery actually became life-changing for our daughter. To see her smile again, pain free, as a parent is a gift. Dr. Lynch and his NP checked in after surgery and were always available for to answer questions, etc. I cannot recommend Dr. Lynch highly enough, as well as Columbia for a smooth surgical experience.
      Stephanie Korn – May 07, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      We were extremely fortunate to have Dr. Lynch operate on both our kids knees. I will take this opportunity to thank Dr. Lynch and his whole team for their diligent work, attention to detail and amazing follow up. John and Karen, you rock. Dr. Lynch will look you in the eye and give you his honest opinion of what should be done. Our entire family thanks you.
      Apr 28, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I had surgery with Dr Lynch on December 31st 2019 The office has canceled every one of my post-op visits due to him not being in the office while I absolutely love his assistant Karen I feel that if a doctor operates on you he should examine you shortly after surgery I have not had this opportunity then the pandemic happens and I've had one video chat with him since I called the office to make an in-person appointment because I feel like I should be examined The girl gave me an appointment for June 4th and it's again a televisit. I feel like they abandon my care
      Catrina james – Apr 25, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Dr. Lynch made me feel extremely comfortable with my ACL reconstruction. From my initial contact with his staff members (John and Karen) through post-op recovery-Dr. Lynch and his team were thoughtful, attentive and encouraging every step of the way. I’ve never had surgery before, but the surgery, itself, was much better than I anticipated. I was provided with literature so that I knew what to expect in the long recovery process. I would highly recommend Dr. Lynch to anyone needing ACL reconstruction.
      Erik Miller – Apr 13, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      Personable, professional, never have to wait, accommodating, understands athletes and their need to get back on their feet.
      Mar 11, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I absolutely love Dr. Lynch and his staff. I’ve already left a review on Google, but here’s another update! I just reached the year mark after a hip labrum repair and reconstruction. Dr. Lynch has allowed me to go back to the active life I lead before surgery, and for that I am eternally grateful. Without him, I would still be unable to walk for 10 minutes without excruciating pain. Today, I can run and jump, and the quality of my life and happiness has improved immensely. I absolutely recommend Dr. Lynch to all suffering with the same orthopedic issues as I did. He takes the time to get to know you and explain the condition. I felt completely seen and acknowledged in his care and that is hard to say of many other physicians. 100% recommended
      • Long wait times
      Jan 23, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      As a parent, the prospect of your 15 year daughter undergoing hip surgery was daunting and we were so fortunate that she was in the care of Dr. Lynch and his team. It's now a year since the first of two hip arthroscopies (one on each hip) to repair torn labrum and correct a hip impingement, and as a rower she was back in the boat, pain free, within 5 months. With Dr. Lynch, you not only will be in the hands of a compassionate surgeon who talked our daughter through what to expect and addressed her questions and concerns, you'll also be in the care of his team- John Cosgrove and Karen Y. who were always accessible and responsive especially during post op recovery and rehab. Additionally, the staff at Columbia Pres. Hospital and their level of professionalism and concern for their patients made the process as anxiety free as it could be. Thanks to Dr. Lynch, Karen and John for taking such great care of our daughter.
      Mary Mc – Jan 19, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?
      I am a 43 year old ex-elite athlete. I woke up Thanksgiving weekend one 2018 and could not get out of bed. I have many knee surgeries, but never any hip issue. NEVER. Apparently While I was doing damage to my knee I was doing the same damage to my hip. However did not have pain for 20 years. I met with Dr Lynch in January 2019, he told me I wasn’t ready for surgery. Despite the incredible amount of pain I was in. He told me words no women wants to hear. Lose weight and PT. I was in so much pain I was willing to lose the weight and go to PT 3 times a week in hopes the pain would stop. Dr Lynch did the surgery on June 23- and when I woke up from surgery - yes under pain medication - the first words I said is I’m not in anymore pain and it’s been like that since that day. For the last six months I’ve been going to Professional physical Therapist as per Dr Lynch and my life has changed for the better. I have reclaimed my life. I don’t have to worry about being able to walk around
      • Long wait times
      Jeanmarie O'Connell – Dec 31, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Thomas Lynch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lynch?

Dr. Lynch accepts

Dr. Lynch accepts the following insurance:

Admar
      Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
      Preferred Blue PPO
      Bluegrass Family Health
      Worker's Compensation WC
      Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
      Worker's Compensation WC
      Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
      Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

• Broken Arm
      • Coccygeal Pain
      • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
      • Elbow Bursitis
      • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
      • Femur Fracture
      • Foot Fracture
      • Foot Sprain
      • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
      • Gout
      • Knee Fracture
      • Knee Sprain
      • Knee Surgery
      • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
      • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
      • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
      • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
      • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
      • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
      • Pelvic Fracture
      • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
      • Rotator Cuff Tear
      • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
      • Systemic Chondromalacia
      • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
      • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics