Dr. Thomas Lomis, MD

Dr. Thomas Lomis, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Thomas Lomis, MD is a general surgery specialist in Van Nuys, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med in 1992 and specializes in general surgery and surgical oncology.

15211 Vanowen St Ste 200

Van Nuys, CA 91405

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • LACare

Learn about Dr. Lomis

See how frequently Dr. Lomis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Bone Disorders
high
Gastrointestinal Diseases

Dr. Lomis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • York Hospital

Dr. Lomis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lomis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lomis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lomis' Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lomis to family and friends

Dr. Lomis' Performance

It's a busy bustling practice, but the staff are smart and friendly and helpful. James is a total star. Dr Lomis is amazing. Clear and honest and a straight talker. He saved my life.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
His practice is like a factory assembly line. He is in too much of hurry to examine or listen. Had a Homoroidectomy, 6 weeks after surgery he still kept telling me that bleeding every day & being in constant pain was normal. I had gone to two emergency rooms and one other doctor who had performed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I was seen by Dr.Lomis to have a soft tissue mass removed from my left breast. Dr. Lomis performed a lumpectomy on my breast. This surgeon is gifted and did a excellent job. He is confident, compassionate, forthright, and empathetic. I am truly grateful to have had Dr. Lomis as my surgeon.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
This guy us in too much of a hurry to be bothered by his patients problems. He messed up my hernia surgery and a year later my life has changed because I'm in pain every day. I can't do half the things I used to do! Dr. Lomis is a joke and had absolutely no viable solutions for me when I told him...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
My teenage daughter needed surgery and everything happened so fast. We are Medical patients, so I wasn't expecting too much. Boy, was I way off base. He is an outstanding physician. He listens to all your concerns and answers in layman terms. This man is a Physician because of an actual desire to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0