Dr. Thomas J. Kovack, DO

Dr. Thomas J. Kovack, DO

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male | 46 years old

As an Orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery I believe it is my responsibility to help my patients with their conditions with the most latest, innovative and minimally invasive procedures available. An example of this would be the first arthroscopic biologic total shoulder replacement that I performed in Columbus, Ohio in March of 2013 and continue to perform on patients that are suitable candidates for the procedure. Learn more at: www.columbusshoulderdoc.com.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kovack's Experience

See how Dr. Kovack's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kovack

Dr. Kovack accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Kovack has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Kovack's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
Dr. Kovack Says:

in Columbus, Ohio |
Dr. Kovack is an exceptional surgeon with superb bedside manner. I highly recommend him to anyone who may need surgical intervention for shoulder problems.
Lancaster, OH |
He is a great guy. My total shoulder replacement was a great success with no pain post op. I would highly recommend Dr. Kovack.
in Sidney Ohio |
I would recommend Dr.Kovack to anyone. He is a great surgeon. He did a shoulder replacement and a knee replacement on me. I wouldn't go to any other Orthopedic surgeon, He did a wonderful job on me .I have COPD and during my knee surgery my oxygen lowered and my B/P I need my other knee done now if my body will let me go threw it So I will be seeing him again. He is a God sent. Sharon Roach
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Absolutely awesome! I am so glad I found out about Dr. Kovack and his staff!
in Dublin, OH |
I was very pleased with Dr. Kovack's knowledge of my shoulder issues and his ability to perform the necessary surgery to eliminate my problems. He explained the procedure thoroughly. I have had shoulder surgery previously and was not happy with the results. This time, I found a doctor that was able to rectify my shoulder problems. Bob Snyder
in Mansfield, OH |
i experienced a fall after the ground slipped away on a backpacking trip. total fall was about 250 foot - resulting in a crushed wrist and many tendons and muscles tears in the shoulder.. resulting in 2 surgeries. Dr Kovack is quite a special doctor that i would highly recommend for any injuries in his field of expertise. he takes the time to explain things to whatever level you want. He is very easy to talk to, likable and personable and most of all a leader in his field. This guy is amazing.
in Toledo, OH |
Had a positively wonderful experience. I live in Toledo Ohio and came to Dr. Kovack's office for a total shoulder replacement. He is awesome. His skill is immense. I had a difficult case. he had me take a CT scan to produce a 3D rendering and create guides used in surgery. The result is amazing. I am 73 and 11 weeks out of surgery. I already have terrific function and no pain. And, by the way, he is a terrific guy ! Henry Ledgard Professor, University of Toledo
in Delaware, OH |
Little or no wait to see Dr Kovack in the office. Always pleasant and very knowledgeable in his specialty. I have recommended him to my family and friends.
in Columbus, OH |
Kind, courteous staff. Knowledgeable Doctor whom I trusted.
in Columbus ohio |
I did have 2 surgeries with Dr Kovack I do recommended him to all my family and friends very good bedside matter ,caring and very happy with the service I received from him.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr Kovack has a very deep understanding of the complexities involved with shoulder injuries. He explained in great detail my injury and laid out a plan pre and post surgery. I gained a sense of confidence from Dr. Kovack as he puts out a good vibe . Dr understands and helps managing the pain post operatively. He advocates rigorous rehab as it is a very important element in the scope of regaining normal shoulder and arm movement. My personal experience with Dr. Kovack has been 5 stars throughout.
in Portsmouth |
Could not get past receptionist Sherry even after my insurance called her. She needs to take a class on insurance and patient empathy
in Columbus, OH |
I believe this doctor knows what he is doing, and is a very good at what he does.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas J. Kovack, DO?
Are you Dr. Kovack?

Compare Dr. Kovack

Dr. Kovack says...

I am a fellowship trained Orthopedic surgeon sub specialized in shoulder and elbow surgery. I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but have been in Ohio for a majority of my Orthopedic training and practice. My past experiences with sports, nutrition, personal training, weight training and a healthy lifestyle has given me the ability to relate and treat my patients. My fellowship training in shoulder and elbow surgery in Tampa, Florida laid the foundation of my practice today. I treat and care for patients with any and all types of shoulder and elbow disorders. I perform the typical shoulder and elbow surgeries such as conventional total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement, elbow replacement, arthroscopy with rotator cuff repairs and labral repair, ligament reconstruction and fracture repair. I have been performing new advanced procedures on younger patients with end stage glenohumeral arthritis. These procedures include the arthroscopic biologic total shoulder resurfacing with fresh osteochondral allograft and total shoulder resurfacing with Arthrosurface. I have seen very impressive early results. I also perform other procedures arthroscopically that many surgeons still perform open such as massive rotator cuff tears, bone and tendon transfers, fracture fixation and so on. To find out more about me and these procedures please go to my web site at www.columbusshoulderdoc.com.

Dr. Kovack's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kovack says...

I treat just about any and all disorders related to the shoulder and elbow. These include but are not limited to arthritis, fracture, ligament disorders and tears, tendon disorders and tears, deformity, rotator cuff disease, instability, stiffness, infection, cartilage damage, nerve disorders and injury and trauma. To find out more about me and these disorders please go to my web site at www.columbusshoulderdoc.com

Dr. Kovack says...

I am a fellowship trained Orthopedic surgeon sub specialized in shoulder and elbow surgery. I perform the typical shoulder and elbow surgeries such as conventional total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacement, elbow replacement, arthroscopy with rotator cuff repairs and labral repair, ligament reconstruction and fracture repair. I have been performing new advanced procedures on younger patients with end stage glenohumeral arthritis. These procedures include the arthroscopic biologic total shoulder resurfacing with fresh osteochondral allograft and total shoulder resurfacing with Arthrosurface. I have seen very impressive early results. I also perform other procedures arthroscopically that many surgeons still perform open such as massive rotator cuff tears, bone and tendon transfers, fracture fixation and so on. To find out more about me and these procedures please go to my web site at www.columbusshoulderdoc.com.

Dr. Kovack says...

Thank you for your response and feedback that can be shared with others. Your feedback is very important to me so I can continually improve my patient's experience in my practice. If you have any concerns or need to contact me you can email me at the following address columbusshoulderdoc@gmail.com. You can also go to my web site www.columbusshoulderdoc.com and contact me that way. If you need to speak with any of my staff you can call 614-544-1401. Thank You!

Dr. Kovack's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Kovack has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kovack's Board Certifications

• Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Completed in 2007

University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Kovack does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kovack and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery