Dr. Thomas Knopp, DO

Dr. Thomas Knopp, DO

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Thomas Knopp, DO is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Lexington, KY. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Read his story

2620 Wilhite Dr

Lexington, KY 40503

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Knopp

See how frequently Dr. Knopp performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophagitis
Esophageal Diseases
Gastritis

Dr. Knopp's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Knopp's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Knopp "As a physician, I am fully aware that my patients are coming to me with difficult and very personal issues. Let's face it…most gastrointestinal issues are difficult to discuss with your spouse, let alone your provider. Many of my patient's issues are not brought to their provider's attention secondary to fear of embarrassment. Physician's offices are busy and patients do not feel they need to burden their physician with "A little rectal bleeding" or "Diarrhea" at the end of their check up for blood pressure control. As the son of a colorectal cancer survivor, whose early symptoms were not mentioned because fear of embarrassment and not wanting to waste his physician's time with insignificant complaints, I am dedicated to providing you with the time required to fully discuss your issues. I will listen to your concerns, encourage questions, and explore your treatment options. For me, the most rewarding aspects of being a gastroenterologist are when my patients return to the office feeling better and when they know that my staff and I truly care about their overall well-being."

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Thomas More College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Ohio Univ College Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University Of Kentucky Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Kentucky Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Knopp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Knopp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knopp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Knopp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Knopp to family and friends
Dr. Knopp's Performance
danville, ky |
Great doctor. Has helped me greatly! I recommend him highly!
in Somerset, Ky |
EXCELLENT DOCTOR! Listens to you, extremely thorough and explains everything clearly and concisely. His staff is excellent as well, professional and courteous.
in Lexington, KY |
I was lucky to have my regular doctor to send me to Dr. Thomas Knopp after having a terrible experience with Baptist Health. Great nurses too. Thank you!
in Berea, KY |
Dr. Knopp saved my mother's life. She had a stone clogging a bike duct and was progressing very quickly toward sepsis. He was able to remove the stone and restore her health. He is very kind and caring. Can't thank him enough.
in Oakland, CA |
Fantastic care and wonderful follow up!
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Knopp took the time to listen to my concerns. I had been having issues for awhile, and he took charge and followed through on getting my issues resolved. A great caring doctor.
in Lexington, KY |
Tom is a great Doctor and listens well. Explains in detail without talking over your head what needs to be done to resolve the issue. I would recommend Dr. Tom Knopp
in Lexington, KY |
I am a physician and bariatric surgeon at Baptist Health Lexington. I not only trust Dr. Knopp to take care of my patients, but also myself and my family. He's an outstanding gastroenterologist and individual and you couldn't be in better hands.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr Tom Knopp is an acceptional physician. He has treated several members of my family. His genuine interest in caring for his patients along with his high level of expertise in his field make him the first choice for my family and the best in the state as far as we are concerned. We've had some serious health issues over the years and Tom Knopp has treated us more like friends than patients. He's approachable, intelligent, disarming and takes all of the stress out of major health issues.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Knopp is a very professional, efficient and excellent doctor. He is personable and has a good bedside manner. He was very attentive and listened to me regarding my symptoms. He took very good care of me. In addition, his staff was above excellent in my care. I highly recommend Dr. Knopp and his staff.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Knopp and his entire staff are the absolute best. I highly recommend anyone go see Dr. Knopp with any kind of GI issue or concern they may or may not have. Very professional and at the same time makes you feel extremely comfortable during your visit. Was impressed with his knowledge. Great job!
in Tavares, FL |
I was having trouble swallowing my food on occasion and it seemed to be getting worse. My daughter mentioned it to Dr. Knopp and he knew immediately what needed to be done. He worked me into his schedule as I was only in Lexington for a few days. I was in and out of the clinic in less than 4 hours. His staff was wonderful from the time I arrived until I left. He went above and beyond my expectations. I do not believe I have had a better experience with any heath care provider. Thanks Dr. Tom!
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Knopp was extremely thorough and helpful in explaining my problem. Office and endoscopy staff were very kind and helpful. My procedure was well tolerated - I don't remember any aspect of the procedure itself. Results were timely. Dr. Knopp was able to give me samples of my medication and my symptoms have responded to treatment. My entire experience with this physician was very pleasant. I would definitely recommend him.
in Lexington, KY |
I am completely satisfied with Dr. Thomas Knopp and the care he has given me for last several years. He has performed a colonoscopy and 3 EGD's. He sends my information with explanation of results and any instructions I need to follow. His office staff is great and relay messages to him if I have concerns. I would highly recommend Dr Knopp.
Lexington, KY |
Dr. Knopp and his staff were friendly and were helpful in answering my questions. I had an EGD and it went smoothly and I had an explanation of my results in a timely manner.
Cincinnati OH |
Dr. Knopp is the best!! He and his staff are top shelf. I recommend him to everyone I know!
in Lexington Ky |
Dr. Knopp is extremely caring. He spent much time with me exploring my symptoms and developing a care plan. His staff is amazing! He is the best Doctor I have ever seen.
in FRANKFORT |
I was completely aware during an entire colonoscopy although the list of medications to relax and put me to sleep were Versed, Fentanyl and Benadryl. Either the nurse took my medication or the pharmacy they get it from did. I was the lucky recipient of a full colonoscopy without anything to help me. I screamed repeatedly, tried to grab the instrument 3 times and was chastised by the nurse for doing so. Dr. Knopp did question the amount of meds given and why I was still awake. Do not go there!!
Tammy, I am sorry to hear this. 95 percent of patients tolerate conscious sedation but others need Propofol. We try to limit Propofol use because it adds 1000 dollars to the patients out of pocket cost. Many patients who have restless behavior during conscious sedation do not recall the procedure later so when you put all that time into taking the bowel prep we really try our best to complete your exam. Again sorry about the bad experience, Dr.Knopp
in London, KY |
I was very impressed with Dr. Knopp, he was super nice and caring. He was very knowledgable about my stomach issues and came up with a very good treatment plan.
in Lexington, KY |
This Doctor is horrible! Do not go see him if you are sick. He will drag you along and then send you to other doctors after he gives up on you.
I am sorry that you feel this way. I try my best to be diligent and thorough but despite this we as physicians are not perfect and sometimes we can not come up with all the answers. I really try hard to get to the bottom of the issues without sending patients off for further evaluation at other institutions. I am again sorry that I failed you and hope that you are doing better.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Knopp is amazing! I felt very comfortable opening up about the issues I've been having; he listened so intently, asked questions, & provided answers to all the questions I had. I had previously been to a doctor in a different city & felt very rushed & like my problems were unimportant but Dr. Knopp never made me feel that way. His staff is very friendly, helpful & made a very uncomfortable procedure bearable. Id recommend Dr. Knopp & his staff to anyone having belly issues. Thank you all!!!
in Nicholasville, KY |
Spent way longer talking to me than expected, adequately addressed my problem.
Have you seen Dr. Thomas Knopp, DO?

Visit Dr. Knopp

Dr. Knopp accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA